The Kiki and Co. Syndrome

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 14 Nov 2008, 19:06

Nine wrote:I think it's just an issue with people who don't like all styles of the genre (which isn't a bad thing.) If XYZ alias steps out of their native "style" it throws people off.... especially with SCP, since they seem to have their artist's sound set in stone. Go2 with the power tracks, Pamsy with the "trance-inspired" songs, Kiki & Fancy w/ the happy bubble gum music, etc. etc.
Jay wrote:It depends on the label. Delta seems to take more consideration into which alias to use for which production, whereas HRG could attach any one of their thousand aliases to a song and it won't seem awkward or strange at all. SCP doesn't seem to take much consideration either, but definitely not to the extent of HRG.
Also, to compare with this, with a few exceptions (most notably Dusty/Fastway), SCP doesn't really use multiple artist names for the same person/multiple singers for the same artist name.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Nov 2008, 01:29

Yeap,

Pretty true I would say, I remembered looping Let's fly together and LITNOL for hours and not that Food Fighter sucks or what, but a sudden change from a serious business to a Kiki & Kika/Fancy sounding like song just don't cut it out for me. :grin:
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Nov 2008, 03:32

Mikaeru
Also, to compare with this, with a few exceptions (most notably Dusty/Fastway), SCP doesn't really use multiple artist names for the same person/multiple singers for the same artist name.
I think SCP should just come up for another alias for Irene with her Kinki & Fancy fare, so she don't confuse her fans.

I'm one of those who truly support multiple aliases. Makes the label seem like they have a truckload of persona on board. I love HRG Attack, TIME, Saifam,DELTA, and ABeatC for doing so, though ABeatC and Delta have narrowed it down a buch since there start.