Evolution of Eurobeat:: Part 2

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 20 Nov 2008, 15:18

Cosmic_Bard wrote:Now, if we look at your list in a certain way, you really only chose fourteen titles to my twelve.

Like you, of course I really appreciated and enjoyed nearly every single track in the 150s (and every eurobeat era for that matter) but I wasn't about to post an excessively long list only excluding the ones that made my ears bleed. Like I've said when I review an album, a eurobeat track that scores something like a one or a two on my scale is head and shoulders above a track from any other sort of genre or production.

I mean, I could be here all day long meticulously debating point-for-point on every song that piqued my interest, but I'm not quite that obsessed...

...well, I might be, but I wouldn't want anyone to think so. XD
No, SERIOUSLY, I actually really really enjoy all of those tracks that were listed (meaning I'd give them ratings of at least 9 on Bore's scale). The songs that were bolded are the ones that REALLY stood out to me (the ones I'd give 10+++ ratings to; GGM receiving a 10+++++). You'll notice that I only included a few tracks from 151 and 156, both of which only contained a hanful of songs I really liked, but as for the rest of the decade, the standouts are pretty much nonstop for me.

Aside from that, why are you so defendant about the 150's being a poor decade anyway? Definitely not everyone's gonna agree with you, in fact I'm sure most people don't.
ImageImage

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 20 Nov 2008, 18:54

#Infinity wrote:
Cosmic_Bard wrote:Now, if we look at your list in a certain way, you really only chose fourteen titles to my twelve.

Like you, of course I really appreciated and enjoyed nearly every single track in the 150s (and every eurobeat era for that matter) but I wasn't about to post an excessively long list only excluding the ones that made my ears bleed. Like I've said when I review an album, a eurobeat track that scores something like a one or a two on my scale is head and shoulders above a track from any other sort of genre or production.

I mean, I could be here all day long meticulously debating point-for-point on every song that piqued my interest, but I'm not quite that obsessed...

...well, I might be, but I wouldn't want anyone to think so. XD
No, SERIOUSLY, I actually really really enjoy all of those tracks that were listed (meaning I'd give them ratings of at least 9 on Bore's scale). The songs that were bolded are the ones that REALLY stood out to me (the ones I'd give 10+++ ratings to; GGM receiving a 10+++++). You'll notice that I only included a few tracks from 151 and 156, both of which only contained a hanful of songs I really liked, but as for the rest of the decade, the standouts are pretty much nonstop for me.

Well, I see rating a song 10+++++++++ as a fault in your rating system. It just goes out the window when you can add any number of arbitrary pluses depending on your feelings at the moment. XD

I'm not coming down on you or anything, but I think it harms your ability to make an objective review.... I mean, when everything's a RAVE why bother? Do you get what I'm trying to say?

#Infinity wrote:Aside from that, why are you so defendant about the 150's being a poor decade anyway? Definitely not everyone's gonna agree with you, in fact I'm sure most people don't.
Actually, I think most will agree.
So far, they have.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 20 Nov 2008, 19:18

I actually really really liked the 150s, to be honest. They're actually one of my favorite decades. I feel like their were many, many strong tracks. Mostly everything from Infinity's list I also really enjoy.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 20 Nov 2008, 19:58

I think the best eurobeat decade was 1989-1993, but despite that, I think all SEB decades had good and bad songs. A beat C was at its best when Sinclaire worked for them. Most of their songs during SEB100-150 were barely listenable. Ofcourse there were some good exceptions. HiNRG Attack could make true extended versions once again.

To get to the more recent albums, on 191 I only really liked Mark Foster, Ducky Chix and Jay Lehr. On 192, Megan, Alphatown, Mara Nell, Valery Scott and Ace are my favorites. Apple and Kevin Johnson were so-so, and I didn't like the rest. So far, in the 190s only Sinclaire and SAIFAM seem to be really good.

Current label quality:

SinclaireStyle: Great
Asia/SAIFAM: Great
SCP: Some great/some not
GoGo's: had some good songs 180s (Race Queen), so I have high hopes for the future
Time/Eurogrooves: Time's always been great. I hope Eurogrooves will be good as well.
Delta: whatever happened to Giuliano Colosio? Artists like Sara and Jimmy Ray are great, but label quality declined since 170s.
A beat C: they have some good songs once in a while
HiNRG Attack: see A beat C
Dima: Rather good

The 150s era was very good actually, one of the better eras! Here are my favorites:

01 David Off - Imagination
02 Delta Queens - Satisfaction
03 Dee Dee And Regina - Beautiful Day
04 Delta Queens - Good Bye My Love
05 Marko Polo - I Want To Believe
06 Dee Dee - Butterfly
07 Leila - Burning Lover
08 Elisa - The Way You Love Me
09 Luna - Your Love Is Magic
10 Shiela - Na Na Na
11 Cody - Solid Rock
12 Stephy Martini - My Emotions
13 Captain America - Space Fighter
14 Casanova - The Hero
15 Cody - Back To You
16 Maxx Ducati - Million Dollars
17 Niko - Pilot Is The Hero
18 Betty Blue - Changes
19 Lucya - Beautiful
20 Neo - Go Go Money

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Nov 2008, 08:18

Cosmic_Bard
#Infinity wrote:
Aside from that, why are you so defendant about the 150's being a poor decade anyway? Definitely not everyone's gonna agree with you, in fact I'm sure most people don't.

Actually, I think most will agree.
So far, they have.
Gotta defend those 150's. even though it contained 2 of my worst cds ever, the rest had majore hits for me. My main man Fabio Venturini also made his debute.

SEB 151(as I allready mentioned)
Dave Simon - Money
Tam Arrow - Fire To The Eurobeat
Oda - Speed Demon (King Of Kings)
Maxx Ducati - Valentino Samurai

SEB 152
Maio & Co. - Dark In The Night 2004
Cody - Back To You
Rose - Supernatural
Morris - Destination Unknown
Rick Castle - Fly To The Star
Norma Sheffield - Feel Like Dreamin'
Mega NRG Man - Body To Body
Stylophones - Hold On To Love

SEB 153(One of my favourie SEBs ever)
Stephy Martini - Emotions
Dusty - It's My Life
Maxx Ducati - Million Dollars
Garcon - Pistol Man
Dave Simon - Disco Music
King & Queen - Boogie Boogie
Mike J. - Touch And Go
Jeff Driller - Control Alt Delete And Blow
Lisa Lion - Lionheart
Irene - Dancin' Baby
Joe D. Toaster - Black Night Cadillac
Bonnie & Clyde - Criminals
Lucya - Beautiful

SEB 154(Equally mega)
Manuel - All The Best
Powerful T. - Original Sin
Captain America - Space Fighter
Nando - Toyboy
Za-Za - Wanna Be With You
Symbol - Lonely Boy
Ace - My Valentine
Shiela - Na Na Na (The Best Time 4 Love)

SEB 155(and they got better)
Kevin Johnson - Don't Say Goodbye
D-Team - Speed Car
Cherry - Euroheat
Giacomo Caria - Light My Fire
Dee Dee & Regina - Beautiful Day
Go Go Girls - Baby Boy
Tam Arrow - Rambo Demolition
Lolita - Hot & Crazy Love(this and Cooling My Desire are my favs)
Bad Gang - Body Guard(one of my favs for more reasong than you can imagine) :wink:
Nuage Feat. Sonia - I'm Never Gonna Let You Down And Forget You
Big Town Guy - John 'N' Mary Dance
Fastway - 777(Fastway having an orgasm sounded cool)

SEV 156(another one of my least favs,)
Jackson O' - Shock
The Girls - Hold Back The Fire
Jock-Lee - Sexy Guy
Mickey B. - Snowgame Fighters
Eurofunk - DJ Is Playing My Song

SEB 157(More mega hits)
Nuage - Let's Go Dee Jay
Boogaboo - Bugabuga Chew Chew
Overload - Terminator
Delta Queens - Satisfaction
Freddy R. - R U Ready
Helena - Melodies And Rain

SEB 158
Leslie Parrish - Victim
Chris Stanton - Love Is Freedom(his debut)
Mike J. - Superlove Superaction
Nick Key - The Speed Of Light
Dee Dee - Butterfly
Mickey B. - Call Me Now
Jeff Driller - Stop And Go
Lou Turner - Superguy
Garcon - Bazookaaa
Fastway - Kingo King'O Beat

SEB 159
Franz Tornado & Bazooka Girl - Motto-Motto Inamoto (Caballero Remix)
Stylophones - Never Say Goodbye
Sophie - Eternal Simphony
Madison - Special Love
J.A.F. - Beat On
Betty Blue - Changes
Brian Ice - I Believe In Lovin' You
Go Go Girls - Nothing Can Stop The Music
Neo - Go Go Money(old school AbeatC)
Dave & Nuage - Don't Make Me Cry
Go 2 - Funky Funlover

HRG Attacks golden era was definately Euromach :D

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Re: Evolution of Eurobeat:: Part 2

Post by UFOPOLI » 27 Nov 2008, 10:48

Cosmic_Bard wrote:I'm not sure I've heard anyone say they loved the 150's. XD
I don't know if "love" would be the word I'd use but "like a lot" might be. The highly scientific measurement method of counting how many from each decade have made it onto my work laptop gives the third position to the 150's. Only the very best are included, and they are (in more or less chronological order):
  • Max Alto - Change the World
    Ricky M. - Jane
    Betty Blue - Lollipop Banana
    Rose - Supernatural
    Lisa Lion - Lionheart
    Manuel - All the Best
    Go Go Girls - I Wanna Be Fat
    Big Town Guy - John 'n' Mary Dance
    Jock Lee - Sexy Guy
    Vicky Vale - Maximum Love
    Helena - Melodies and Rain
The bolded ones are also on my all-time top something (30ish) list and the red one in the top 5. So not bad at all.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 27 Nov 2008, 18:52

UFOPOLI wrote:
Cosmic_Bard wrote:I'm not sure I've heard anyone say they loved the 150's. XD
I don't know if "love" would be the word I'd use but "like a lot" might be. The highly scientific measurement method of counting how many from each decade have made it onto my work laptop gives the third position to the 150's. Only the very best are included, and they are (in more or less chronological order):
  • Max Alto - Change the World
    Ricky M. - Jane
    Betty Blue - Lollipop Banana
    Rose - Supernatural
    Lisa Lion - Lionheart
    Manuel - All the Best
    Go Go Girls - I Wanna Be Fat
    Big Town Guy - John 'n' Mary Dance
    Jock Lee - Sexy Guy
    Vicky Vale - Maximum Love
    Helena - Melodies and Rain
The bolded ones are also on my all-time top something (30ish) list and the red one in the top 5. So not bad at all.

You only chose three more songs than I did and I claimed to markedly dislike the 150s.

Also... All The Best?
Sorry, that one just boggles me. Personally, I can't readily think of a worse Manuel song.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 27 Nov 2008, 19:00

Cosmic_Bard wrote:Also... All The Best?
Sorry, that one just boggles me. Personally, I can't readily think of a worse Manuel song.
Countdown To Destination probably. Something about it just bothers me. Manuel sounds like he's trying too hard to sound like J. Storm vocally, and the synth production is a bit odd. I love Manuel, but that song was one of my least favorite tracks off of SEB 172, which was also the first album in the series that I heard.

On My Wings and Please Don't Go aren't his best either, though they're still not bad songs by any means.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Nov 2008, 03:47

Cosmic_Bard
Also... All The Best?
Why is it so bad? Is there something particular about the track that "Boggles" you. The production was great , It was very melodic and his vocals were more relaxed than usual. I probly like it more than most ,cuz I'm from 90's Eurobeat, but it's still a great track.I happen to think it's one of his best ever right up there with ADRENALINE and Sun In The Rain. Gas x3 also grew on me with TIME.

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 04 Dec 2008, 11:22

Cosmic_Bard wrote:You only chose three more songs than I did and I claimed to markedly dislike the 150s.
Because I only listed the very best. My home playlist is a lot longer than that. At work I have less than 30 from even the best decades.
Cosmic_Bard wrote:Also... All The Best?
It's just the... well, best :!: The chords <3 The bells <3 The structure <3 What more do you need?
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher