Time, Time SPA, and Eurogroove

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Time, Time SPA, and Eurogroove

Post by para_rigby » 01 Dec 2008, 20:51

So I'm lacking on the people behind these 3 'labels'. The main producer behind Time is the guy responsible for Eurogroove, correct? What about Time SPA's stuff on Love Para2? Backed by the same people? Wicked tracks that seem very different (i.e. Iron Man, Best of Both Worlds) from the normal TIME sounds.

Is Avex just very picky on how a certain label should sound on the SEB series?

As a side note, I'm not knowledgable about music jargon, but I believe someone noted that Avex wants Delta to do songs only in minor key? Any musical, aesthetic reason for this?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Re: Time, Time SPA, and Eurogroove

Post by zoupzuop2 » 01 Dec 2008, 20:55

para_rigby wrote:Is Avex just very picky on how a certain label should sound on the SEB series?

As a side note, I'm not knowledgable about music jargon, but I believe someone noted that Avex wants Delta to do songs only in minor key? Any musical, aesthetic reason for this?
Yes, that was me, and I'm not sure why. Probably the same reason they ask for all the estrogen from the Sinclaire camp and all the pitched vocals and silliness from HRG. Perhaps they know something we don't?

Actually, NOT all songs from Delta are in minor keys... just the Newfield-mixed ones. "Can Can World" was in a decidedly major key (A Capaldi & crew tune).
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 01 Dec 2008, 21:04

From what I've heard, AVEX has a HUGE say in what they want the producers to make in terms of music and the specific style... so I wouldn't be surprised if they're dictating how certain labels sound.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 01 Dec 2008, 21:39

Nine wrote:From what I've heard, AVEX has a HUGE say in what they want the producers to make in terms of music and the specific style... so I wouldn't be surprised if they're dictating how certain labels sound.
"From what I've heard"... You seem to say that often in many topics. Heard from whom?

As I've said previously, labels can interpret what Avex wants differently. I'll put it to an example: could you imagine Eurogrooves being asked by Avex to make something as crazy and asinine as HRG? Even if Avex tried their absolute hardest to get Eurogrooves to sound more like HRG, they wouldn't be able to. Eurogrooves would have an entirely different take on 'crazy' and Avex would most likely accept that fact.

You don't have Avex's CEOs at a label's side all the time to truly dictate what each and every production should sound like. Labels do have some freedom, though obviously not total freedom.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Dec 2008, 00:14

Jay wrote:
Nine wrote:From what I've heard, AVEX has a HUGE say in what they want the producers to make in terms of music and the specific style... so I wouldn't be surprised if they're dictating how certain labels sound.
"From what I've heard"... You seem to say that often in many topics. Heard from whom?

As I've said previously, labels can interpret what Avex wants differently. I'll put it to an example: could you imagine Eurogrooves being asked by Avex to make something as crazy and asinine as HRG? Even if Avex tried their absolute hardest to get Eurogrooves to sound more like HRG, they wouldn't be able to. Eurogrooves would have an entirely different take on 'crazy' and Avex would most likely accept that fact.

You don't have Avex's CEOs at a label's side all the time to truly dictate what each and every production should sound like. Labels do have some freedom, though obviously not total freedom.
He's pretty much Domino's right-hand-in-Canada man. If she knows something that's Eurobeat related, 99 times out of 100 he'll know it too.

And, of course Eurogrooves wouldn't be asked to try to be like HRG! ...they've already asked SCP to do that (Kiky & Fancy, Sticky Tricky & Bang, etc). They want Eurogrooves/Time to sound more "old-school". And even if Avex DID ask EG or SCP to sound like HRG and they didn't, they certainly can come awfully close, Avex's orders, if they want to stay on SEB.

I'd guess that freedom in a label depends on how long they've been with Avex, how well they've OBEYED Avex, and how well side ventures are doing, as well as how "bound" to Avex the label is. ABeatC and Time may have a bit more freedom (though not by much) because they're older, they've been more obedient, for longer, and don't exactly have side offers pouring in. Labels like SinclaireStyle and HRG are in iron clutches due to their "young" ages relative to Super Eurobeat, their obedience, and (in HRG's case), their side-ventures. SCP is exceptional; though they're bound to Avex, their sheer ability and star power is enough to grant them much of what they want. Of the "Label Children", SCP is definitely the good little pretty boy (I don't mean that in a derogatory way)— it's been obedient and successful to the point of if it asks for something, chances are pretty good it gets something.

That said, Avex's iron fist is pretty tight, and may be why some labels, if not Eurobeat in general, has "suffocation" periods.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 02 Dec 2008, 01:42

Nine wrote:From what I've heard,....
And from what I've heard, Domino is 108 years old :C
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =329297595 proves it!

So I'm thinking....if she's that old, she's probably Japanese and the real CEO (or demonic queen thingy!) of AVEX, hence you knowing all this stuff!

Mystery solved.
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

Jion

Post by Jion » 02 Dec 2008, 01:46

Humbedooh wrote:

So I'm thinking....if she's that old, she's probably Japanese and the real CEO (or demonic queen thingy!) of AVEX, hence you knowing all this stuff!

Mystery solved.
I <3 Humbedooh
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Dec 2008, 01:47

Humbedooh wrote:

Mystery solved.
*Yoda Voice*
"When 108 years old and in Eurobeat industry, look this good YOU will not, hmmmm~?"

And, Myspace defaults a 100-or-more-years-old addition (give or take) to most music profiles... and defaults most of them to "female". I'm not THAT girly. DX
Join me on an Odyssey.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 02 Dec 2008, 03:41

She's 39. ;D
and Giorgia V's MySpace profile says she's 99. If that's the truth then DAAAAYYYYYMMMM she's fiiiiine for her age! :!:

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Dec 2008, 05:37

Nine wrote:...DAAAAYYYYYMMMM she's fiiiiine for her age! :!:
When Phil says that, it means something. ;3
Join me on an Odyssey.

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 02 Dec 2008, 06:20

zoupzuop2 wrote:When Phil says that, it means something. ;3
I bet the reason Phil disliked Dave's version of Not Gonna Get Us is because he pictured it'd be some girl-on-girl action between Domino and Giorgia instead ;3

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Dec 2008, 07:04

Humbedooh wrote: I bet the reason Phil disliked Dave's version of Not Gonna Get Us is because he pictured it'd be some girl-on-girl action between Domino and Giorgia instead ;3
Where the hell is the video for this song? 0_.
Join me on an Odyssey.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 02 Dec 2008, 07:45

zoupzuop2 wrote:
Humbedooh wrote: I bet the reason Phil disliked Dave's version of Not Gonna Get Us is because he pictured it'd be some girl-on-girl action between Domino and Giorgia instead ;3
Why do you assume there's a video?
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Dec 2008, 07:54

Cosmic_Bard wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:
Why do you assume there's a video?
Not assuming. Wishful thinking, maybe. P:
(JK, jk...)
Join me on an Odyssey.

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 02 Dec 2008, 07:58

I heard zupzoup bought 2000 copies of Popteen, so he could retile his bathrooms with japanese girls in bikinis...