Hidden gem of the week!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 25 Jan 2009, 17:36

More long-lost Domino gems:
Domino - Beat Beat Freak (Maharaja Night 16, Tora Tora Tora album, Domino Special Collection vol.1)
Domino feat. Jennifer Batten - Woa Woa Woa(SEB 095, also on Special Collection)
Nick Mansell - Burn Me Up(SEB 173) Alas poor Nick Mansell, underappreciated and underrepresented by Avex.

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 27 Jan 2009, 15:21

I like the idea behind this thread! Since Eurobeat goes far back in time and I only started listening to the genre around 2002, there's a whole lot of older material I only ended up discovering in the years after.

The latest discovery I made is the whole Super Euronbeat Vol.8 Non-Stop Megamix. I found this album to be amazing from start to finish, and I only knew about 2 songs out of the 25 tracks so it's definitely a bullseye for me. I liked all the songs, but my main highlights of the album would have to be:

Les Blue Belles - Sugar Baby Love
Alphatown - Japan Japan
Derek Simon - Dance With Me
Vanessa - Crazy For You
Dr. Money - Give Up

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 27 Jan 2009, 17:11

Rare Vibration gems, some dating back to 1996, that Luigi dug out of the vault for his digital "retirement sale":

Jimmy Bravo - Hard Body (Para Para Classic 1, previously only released on vinyl)(Gino Caria, from beyond the grave)

Dominique Pratt- It's Only Love(Para Para Classic 3, previously unreleased)
Angela Sun - Hi Sun and Extasy - Kiss Me(Eurobeat Dance Power Worldwide 2, previously unreleased)(Both co-written by Susanna dal Gesso, possibly sung by her as well?)

Sharon K - Magic Love Tonight (Para Para Classic vol. 6, previously unreleased)

Rocky Custer - Back To The Future(Eurobeat Dance Power Worldwide 3, previously unreleased)(Gianni Coraini)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Jan 2009, 04:55

My hidden Gem of the week is also on my top 20 Eurogrooves countdown. It's also a Gino Caria classic sung at TIME under the name Big Generation. The song is Fight For Your Rights and it appears on SEB 23.

This one is right from the era when TIME ruled over all. Actually they kinda always have, but when Gino was on Board every and I mean every song he sang was a hit. I often wonder what label he would be singing under if he was still with us today. Would he be strong on Newfield's DELTA or would he have lend Dave a hand on creating and singing somore mega ABEATC classics. Would have stood with Sergio and joined up Eurogrooves. How about SCP Here is one HRG Attack. What aliases would he have created if he sang on with Live Music studio. One thing is for sure if he would have stayed at TIME, We would still have Toby Ash, Dr. Money, Lou Grant and Frank Torpedo.

Big Generation- Fight For Your Rights

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Jan 2009, 05:05

*shrug* What about Vibration?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Jan 2009, 02:03

Mikaeru
The funny thing is , he was actually one of the founding members of the label, along with some SCP members, so either he still be with Vibration or even singing at SCP. That would make SCP have a toatlly diifferent sound, cuz he allways lend a hand on composing songs. Hmm.. I wonder what SCP would sound like with Gino as one half of Go2? 8)

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 30 Jan 2009, 05:04

drnrg wrote:Mikaeru
The funny thing is , he was actually one of the founding members of the label, along with some SCP members, so either he still be with Vibration or even singing at SCP. That would make SCP have a toatlly diifferent sound, cuz he allways lend a hand on composing songs. Hmm.. I wonder what SCP would sound like with Gino as one half of Go2? 8)
Yeah, that's what I was going for. Hard to say what would have been.

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 02 Feb 2009, 01:48

This thread sounds like fun! So, for this week, I'm yoinking out:

D-Essex - All Your Love (Dance Mix)

It's been awhile since I've listened to it, and I forgot how much I liked it.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 02 Feb 2009, 11:11

Here are the ones I've been listening to a lot recently.

Gino Caria - Heroes Of Fantasy
Valentina - Brown Brown Sugar
Tommy K. - Rock Of Fire

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Feb 2009, 19:06

My hidden Gem of the week comes from HRG Attack.

Babby One- Blue Flamingo

It really never got the praise it deseved cuz it didn't make it onto many compilations. In fact as far as I know it only appeared on Para Para volumes from HRG extended releases.
This one is sung by Claudio in his Tam Arrow fasion, but sung under his Babby One alias. Right from the quircky intro you can hear the unmistakable stylings of HRG Attack. The verses, bridge and Chorus are so very catchy and even though they have a heavy rehashed sound, it makes it all the more fun. The riff comes straight out of Eurobeat history and carries the vibe of songs like Burn Burn Burn Get My Fire and counntless songs from TIMES catalog. Claudio is accompanied by the famouse hyped female vocals, which kinda blend into the synhs themselves. The break sounds really cartoonish and don't ask me why , but I get Roadrunner flashbacks every TIME I hear it. Claudio's vocals are also sampled along with some screams. In tru extended version(not theses 4:15 vesrsion of nowadays)Blue Flamingo is really a tasty and fun treat of a song. The titles boggles me, but Claudio sounds great.
10+

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 08 Feb 2009, 14:17

It's a new week! That means more old songs! W00t! :P

I've been listening to Casanova - Jealous Guy quite a bit, so that's what I'm picking.

Do you see a pattern in my picks already? Hm? I'm really predictable. :\

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 08 Feb 2009, 15:25

My hidden gem for this week:

Karen / Rhythm Of Loving [SEB 27]

A typically bizarre (for the time) intro leads to a beautiful, catchy and uplifting synth hook, powerful vocals by Karen, especially in the chorus, and when it jumps back to that synth hook again you can't help but feel that this shows the peak of how EB songwriting brings a song round full circle and makes it feel unique and special.

Of curious note is that, on the second run of the chorus and after, the end of the chorus has an extra minor chord sequence before jumping back to the synth line - something which breaks the usual EB format but pleasantly so. Something I wish more writers would use to spice up their EB music from time to time!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Feb 2009, 11:00

Hidden Gem Of The week

Boom Boom Beat:
Roby & Sara- Hold Me Tonight

For those of us who collected vynil, you got ton hear the whole version. If not ,you got the edit on Eurobeat Flash 21.

This is actually one of my favourit Eurobeat duets ever. So Was World Of Fantasy .also on EB 21. I like Hold Me Tonight mainly beacuse of Roberto Gabrielli's vocals. Reminds me so much of the very first and still best HRG Attack releases. He was the original Franz Tornado you know. Anyway, the song has a heavy 80's Saifam vibe. It actually starts out with the line Hold Me Tonight. It would fall under the more simpler Eurobeat productions as even the keyboard riff is pretty standard. Meaning it could be played with one finger, but the combination of Roby and Sara reminds me of songs from groups like Lime and Arpegio, that the 80's vibe is alive from start to finish . Sara's vocals go pretty high, but sound right in tune with Roby's. Like I said ,not much variation in the song's overall melody, but something about it really sounds uplifting.
BTW if you havn't heard EB 21, I suggest you buy it, burn ,it, download it whatever, but listen to it. It's really great.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Feb 2009, 22:29

Not so much 'hidden' as much as under-appreciated.

DAVE RODGERS FT. STEF BURNS — RED CODE (SEB 175)

At this point, Dave had a string of songs that weren't quite his best work, and seemed to differ a great deal from his times with Sandro Oliva. It was with that in mind that we seemed to deem "Red Code" as a sort of "meh-worthy" song.
Looking back on it, it had a symphonic soundworld, with stronger synths than I remembered them having before re-listening.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

VoDkA64
Bad Bad Bad

Post by VoDkA64 » 13 Feb 2009, 23:56

zoupzuop2, Don't you mean Red Core?

My pick is Love Injection - Dusty. I haven't heard it in so long.