Hidden gem of the week!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 03 Apr 2009, 11:06

wolftickets1969 wrote:Baby Gold - Bailando, from ParaPara Cool vol. 1. An oft-forgotten Avex-rejected gem, I almost forgot it existed. Latin-style intro, and unique synths for an HRG song.
omg that routine is hot :grin:

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 05 Apr 2009, 14:49

Tiger wrote:
wolftickets1969 wrote:Baby Gold - Bailando, from ParaPara Cool vol. 1. An oft-forgotten Avex-rejected gem, I almost forgot it existed. Latin-style intro, and unique synths for an HRG song.
omg that routine is hot :grin:
There's a parapara routine for that song? Where can I find a video of it?

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 13 Apr 2009, 22:49

Mara Nell - Like A Rocket In The Sky. HRG was lazy and decided to make an album almost entirely of repeats(should have been called Royal Eurobeat Orchestra of Bazookistan version 2.0)(sort of like what they did with Tornado & Friends 2, at least that had a significant number of new songs), but they snuck this new track in. And it doesn't really fit with the album theme either, they only included because it had the word "rocket" in the title.

And Ciao Ciao - Motel California. Another rare gem from the Parapara Cool series, one of the few modern HRG female songs that isn't pitched.

Martina Dry - Wild Temptation(Juno single, Vintage Parapara vol. 4). Originally only released on the hard-to-find J-Euro Original Collection Vol. 3(inappropriately named, none of the songs are J-Euro). E.P. used a different vocal style/tone in this song than most.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 14 Apr 2009, 10:13

Knick Knack / Feelings Of My Heart

An Asia track (available on Juno) that made it to Euromach all those years ago. It has a strangely two-faced approach, the synths and beat make it feel very perky, but the chords and lyrics give it a very sad, heart-string-pulling melancholy feel.

Especially sweet is the breakdown at the end where she sings the words to the verse/chorus with no bass or drums, only the synth accompaniment - very nice.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Apr 2009, 00:55

Jimmy Bravo- Why Don't You vibration
First off, how many think this is a vibration song with a structure that sounds very little like Vibration. IN fact , if I wasn't titally nuts. Id say the formula very much follows the style of a song done in Live Music Studios or in other words HRG Attack. Listen to the intro, It's the way the soundworlds are introduced that gives me the HRG Attack vibe. The riff is also played in a diffrent style then Vibration was to in that year. The singer sounds like Dima, but at the same TIME sounds more like he sang on TIME singles- Even the melody at certain points drifts into a somewhat chaotic mood and that break repeating the line "This Stupid Game" reeks so much of HRG Attack that I actually thought Live music Studio had lend Vibration thier studio for this one song. The only downside would be that fade out and even that is very unlike Vibration.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 18 Apr 2009, 16:27

Alice in Parapara Land - Peek-a-boom(Bazooka Angels 3). Behold, the only released Alice song that is NOT sung by Elisabetta (the Alice we know and love).

Kara Mell - Five O-Clock on the Moon. Similar synth to Let The Music Play Forever, but a bit better. One gripe, the b-melo is rehashed from(or in) Dolly Pop - Nite and Day.

Baby Gold - Colors of my Love. Another rare tune where Monica used her real voice(I don't think the chorus is pitch-shifted, either), of course you wouldn't know it from the Euromach version. Perhaps there are other unreleased tunes from the 2002-2004 era like this. Would like to hear more non-pitched stuff from Melody and Alice as well (but not asthmatic-sounding like Ike Ike/Pistol Girl though).

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 23 Apr 2009, 15:18

Ace - We Are Magic (Ace Special Collection 2, too bad those have been pulled, at least temporarily). Sounds like no other Ace song AFAIK, more like a Jay Lehr aishu trancebeat song. Shades of Christine - Me Myself and I, with that shakuhachi flute.

Week of 4/25-5/2 update (to avoid triple posting):
Babby One - Super Knife (Mora single, Bratt Protone album). Most awesome Tam Arrow/Babby One/Bratt Protone song I've heard so far. Like Manga Super Robot, but better.

eclectic
Bad Bad Bad

Post by eclectic » 04 Jun 2009, 16:44

Rose - Supernatural

Really good song :) I've been listening to a lot more new eurobeat lately and it was nice to find this one. :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Jun 2009, 21:04

Since I'm on a HRG Attack high once more, I pulled out a few classics. This one is actually from a tangible cd that I ordered right from Live Music Studio. I think It was the first online attempt to feature thier own cds aside from AVEX SEB material. This along with Para Para Moo are the only two I was ever able to get. Now everything is online...and yes I prefer the new way instead of noway.

Black Eva- Space Rider(HRG Attack)ParaPara Cool - 01

This week I bring to you Black Eva's classic- Space Rider Anyone who loves HRG will imediately recognize the well known talent of Mrs. Eva who's very first hit ,Back To The Future has become an underground cult classic. Carillon, Love On Internet ,and Sex & Fever all sound so different that one can never pin point her musical style. Space Rider is yet another song of her's that takes on a different direction. It's from The "Spacey" Hrg sounding songs, like Superknife and and the now classic, Star gate. HRG doesn't put out too many "Spacey" sounding songs, but whan they do, they are usual spectacular. Right from the intro, you know you are in for a wild thrill of a ride. You got some "Vroom Vroom" effects and the usual NRG filled soundworlds that will surely get the listener hyped up. Her vocals are kinda a mix of semi hyped and normal sounding, especially in the verses. I thought it might be two female vocalists, but this usually is never the case. Even Ciao Ciao seems to be only one vocal. What really makes the song stand out is the way the chorus is sung. Inserting the whao whao's befor the line Space Rider gives the song it's uniquness and when the guitars are added it gaive the melody a more subtle vibe. This is concidering that while the riff is prety fast; it's not played on frantic synths. Think of the Stargate synths, but played a bit faster. This one goes on for 5 mins and I personally think that this is the legnth needed in order to full appreciate all the different segments of the song. The break (Intro) returns in it's entirety, but right before that , you get that famous third verse, where HRG opts to drop most of the soundworlds for the more raw instruments. This is the part of the song where the listener can really hear her vocals and right after that chorus, the song breaks into the prebreak. There are lasers, video game effects and samples. All of which make up the structure of one of my favourite songs from the Para Para Cool vol 1 compilation.

eclectic
Bad Bad Bad

Post by eclectic » 06 Jun 2009, 15:59

Found another good one..

Robert Patton - Top of the pop

Not a really amazing song but it's great to listen to.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 07 Jun 2009, 22:05

Norma Sheffield - Little Crazy Baby :)
Previous only released on Euromach 11 and Best of Euromach 2001 in nonstop form, but finally available extended on the Special Collection. This song is somewhat higher energy than her usual "aishu" songs, and also has a different synth hook. The b-melo is reminiscent of Rose's "Perfect Time".

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 25 Jun 2009, 10:38

So, off the back of the Synth Hook Quiz this last week, I've been hunting through my whole collection, and in doing so I came across loads of stuff I'd really forgotten about. And out popped this little power number:

Robert Patton / 1,000$

Great blasting synth hook with some some catchy vocals! Love it!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Jun 2009, 01:43

DJ Mike TJG
Robert Patton / 1,000$
That song along with Always On My Mind, Hot Love Games and Millenium would also have been perfect for Gino Caria vocals.

My gem of the week is from the newer era. It's a highly unsung song from one of my favourit shortlived Eurobeat singers. I'm talking about Fabio Venturini. The song in question is from his other alias of J.A.F. singing the one hit wonder Beat On.

Everything from the funky almost 80's sounding intro to the quirky vocals works like a charm every TIME I hear it. The bridge is strictly from another world and only could have been dreamt up by Sergio Dall Ora. I know there are at least two more Fabio sung songs on the TIME catalog, Faby- Bang Bang and Ventura- You Are My Sexy Girl, so I wonder if I'll ever get the honour of hearing them?

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 27 Jun 2009, 03:19

Leslie Hammond - Take It to the Limit (Bazooka Gals).

Don't personally care for the vocodered/autotuned vocals, but the melody and synth hook remind me of older TIME tracks, eg Jilly.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 05 Nov 2009, 20:25

HRG 273: Claudia VIP - Close Your Eyes (Parapara Cool 2, also available as Juno single).
Late Eurobeat Flash-era track that didn't make the cut on that or Euromach. One of the last before they started pitching most of their female vocals.