Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Sep 2009, 04:28

cheeseman
drnrg: Hmm... I'm pretty sure it isn't Gianni Coraini. It's hard to recognise the vocalist, but I'd say it's Nando, maybe slightly pitched up.
Ouch! Never heard Nando sound so bad and uninterested to sing. Never!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Sep 2009, 23:52

Tiger wrote:I don't think we'll ever know Hanami vocalist unless SCP tells us either :P hahah
SCPWindow told us that it was a real singer and NOT a computer. But, you're right... We can never tell who is singing Hanami...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 01 Oct 2009, 12:48

Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue (Version 1.2)

A slightly bigger update this time:

- The SCP section has been completely re-organised. The songs are now ordered by their JASRAC work codes, making the order perfectly chronological (except for covers, but there are not that many of them). As Avex has full publishing rights to SCP songs, they are apparently included in the JASRAC database as soon as they are finished, not when they are released (as it is the case with other labels).

- The labels with more coherent catalogues (Time, Asia, HRG, SCP, etc.) now have a separate column called "Vinyl Release") to indicate which tracks have been released on vinyl. This is particularly useful for post-1995 vinyls which did not correspond to the catalogue numbers of the songs (e.g. Time's AV series, Boom Boom Beat vinyls, HRG's DIG/LIV series). If I manage to get a hold of A-Beat C and Delta's chronological catalogues, their sections will be reorganised in a similar manner.

- The gazillion unreleased A-Beat C songs, as well as the few unreleased Time and Dima songs, have been added to their respective sections.

- Songwriting credits for many songs have been updated, based on information from the SIAE database.

- New tracks have been added to the OTHER (Selected) section, in particular the early works of Mauro Farina, Sandro Oliva, Giancarlo Pasquini, etc. These are mostly Italo-Disco rather than Eurobeat, but might be quite useful for Eurobeat fans.

- Multiple minor corrections and updates (thanks, Tiger!).

Also, I've put a question mark next to Nando in Japan Japan, as it's hard to be 100% sure, frankly speaking.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 01 Oct 2009, 13:39

cheeseman wrote:Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue (Version 1.2)

A slightly bigger update this time:

- The SCP section has been completely re-organised. The songs are now ordered by their JASRAC work codes, making the order perfectly chronological (except for covers, but there are not that many of them). As Avex has full publishing rights to SCP songs, they are apparently included in the JASRAC database as soon as they are finished, not when they are released (as it is the case with other labels).

- The labels with more coherent catalogues (Time, Asia, HRG, SCP, etc.) now have a separate column called "Vinyl Release") to indicate which tracks have been released on vinyl. This is particularly useful for post-1995 vinyls which did not correspond to the catalogue numbers of the songs (e.g. Time's AV series, Boom Boom Beat vinyls, HRG's DIG/LIV series). If I manage to get a hold of A-Beat C and Delta's chronological catalogues, their sections will be reorganised in a similar manner.

- The gazillion unreleased A-Beat C songs, as well as the few unreleased Time and Dima songs, have been added to their respective sections.

- Songwriting credits for many songs have been updated, based on information from the SIAE database.

- New tracks have been added to the OTHER (Selected) section, in particular the early works of Mauro Farina, Sandro Oliva, Giancarlo Pasquini, etc. These are mostly Italo-Disco rather than Eurobeat, but might be quite useful for Eurobeat fans.

- Multiple minor corrections and updates (thanks, Tiger!).

Also, I've put a question mark next to Nando in Japan Japan, as it's hard to be 100% sure, frankly speaking.
It might would be a GREAT improvement is the track lenghts of the ORIGINAL extended versions could be added to the database.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 01 Oct 2009, 16:35

For the CD only section, you aren't including the avex vinyls. For example, O.K. All Right! was on AVJT-2251. It is not CD only. You can exclude the remix only vinyls, but this vinyl actually has the extended mix on it.

If not this, then maybe make a section of all avex vinyl releases?

Why can't you put Can Can World in a separate label section like MGL?

Dragon and Danger Zone are DJ Zorro songs.
Angel Of My Heart = DJ Energy (HT, because there is also a song called luna matada by DJ Energy with same writers)
Poker Face = La Cima

I didn't see Victim Of You on the catalogue either. http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?req ... 20&start=1

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 01 Oct 2009, 22:11

Tiger wrote:For the CD only section, you aren't including the avex vinyls. For example, O.K. All Right! was on AVJT-2251. It is not CD only. You can exclude the remix only vinyls, but this vinyl actually has the extended mix on it.
I have only recently begun including Avex vinyls - so far, there are some VEJT series vinyls in the Time, Vibration and SCP sections (in the Vinyl Release column). Of course, I want to eventually have all Avex vinyls (excluding remix vinyls) on the list, it just takes time to scan through all of them. Also, the A-Beat C and Delta sections need to be better organised, which is difficult without chronological catalogues. I think the best way would be to create a Vinyl Release column for A-Beat C and Delta as well, instead of having them split into vinyl and non-vinyl parts. Kind of what I've done for SCP, though the order will probably be much less chronological.
Tiger wrote:Why can't you put Can Can World in a separate label section like MGL?
Technically, both Delta and Multiforce/E2 Dance own the publishing rights to Can Can World, so it can be simply classified as a Delta song.
Tiger wrote:Dragon and Danger Zone are DJ Zorro songs.
Angel Of My Heart = DJ Energy (HT, because there is also a song called luna matada by DJ Energy with same writers)
Poker Face = La Cima
Boy, I suck at Hyper Techno... Thanks, I will remove them in the next version.
Tiger wrote:I didn't see Victim Of You on the catalogue either. http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?req ... 20&start=1
It is there - though I need to change the artist name from "Mickey B.?" to "? (Mickey B.?)" for the sake of consistency.
DarkSky wrote:It might would be a GREAT improvement is the track lenghts of the ORIGINAL extended versions could be added to the database.
That's a very good point, DarkSky. I was considering doing this a while ago, but there was a lot of info missing, i.e. not that many extendeds were released post-SEB 64. Now that HRG, Vibration, Delta and others have released so many extendeds online (plus the SEB extendeds on mora), it might actually be feasible. I will start adding track times as soon as I deal with the vinyls.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Oct 2009, 23:59

Truck load of Unreleased Dallora works at TIME that I can't wait to sink my teeth into.

So Betty Lou's Anymore is under TIME contract? Didn't know that. I think Roberto had post it on his Myspace at one point?

You have all those titles, but no artists. Mystery is too much too contain.

Bad Life & Sexy Dollars sound like one of my most anticipated songs ever. Perfect for say Christian under Toby Vale. It has a Mike J. vibe , but since I don't see Venturrini's credits in thier, I guess it can't be him?

Eat Me- Sounds like it will be way out there? :???:

Is it me or does anyone else wish that the songs were released onto cds in chronological order? I see alot of good sounding stuff in early SCPs catalog. Songs we will probobly have to wait a while to hear.

Doctor Starnger- Big Bang In Tokyo(wanta bad)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 Oct 2009, 01:11

cheeseman wrote:- The SCP section has been completely re-organised. The songs are now ordered by their JASRAC work codes, making the order perfectly chronological (except for covers, but there are not that many of them). As Avex has full publishing rights to SCP songs, they are apparently included in the JASRAC database as soon as they are finished, not when they are released (as it is the case with other labels).
Whoah! For once I actually have quite a certain idea about where the songs from SCP compare chronologically! Thank you so much for this very useful assortment of the label's catalogue!
ImageImage

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 04 Oct 2009, 22:16

Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue (Version 1.3)

Updates in this version:

- Avex vinyls have been added to the Vinyl Release column. As there is no definitive list of all Avex vinyls online, some data may be missing - if you know of a vinyl that is not listed, please let me know.

- The "vinyl" and "non-vinyl" lists in the A-Beat C and Delta sections have been merged. The ordering still isn't perfect, but that's probably the best that can be done without access to official catalogues.

- The several Hyper Techno songs pointed out by Tiger have been removed from the A-Beat C unreleased songs list.

- 2 more unreleased A-Beat C songs have been added (Casanova - Angel In Love, Juliet - I Remember You; source: brattsinclaire.com)

- As usual, minor corrections and updates.

Extended version times will most probably be added in the next version. If you have any remarks or suggestions regarding the catalogue, let me know!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 05 Oct 2009, 06:13

cheeseman wrote:Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue (Version 1.3)

Updates in this version:

- Avex vinyls have been added to the Vinyl Release column. As there is no definitive list of all Avex vinyls online, some data may be missing - if you know of a vinyl that is not listed, please let me know.

- The "vinyl" and "non-vinyl" lists in the A-Beat C and Delta sections have been merged. The ordering still isn't perfect, but that's probably the best that can be done without access to official catalogues.

- The several Hyper Techno songs pointed out by Tiger have been removed from the A-Beat C unreleased songs list.

- 2 more unreleased A-Beat C songs have been added (Casanova - Angel In Love, Juliet - I Remember You; source: brattsinclaire.com)

Extended version times will most probably be added in the next version. If you have any remarks or suggestions regarding the catalogue, let me know!
You might can also add Plum to the database ;)

beat freak
Eurocurious

additions to your list.

Post by beat freak » 15 Oct 2009, 04:44

Thanks for doing this fantastic list. I can't believe there are so many unreleased songs from A Beat-C. I have a few to add that I've found. Some of the Nuage songs are on your list, but by title only, so at least we know who the artist is now.

Norma Sheffield has a song called "Everybody's Crazy" written by Foglia, Pasquini, Rizzolo that is unreleased (source: ASCAP)

Dave & Nuage "Somewhere Someway Someday"
Nuage - Wanna Be Yours, Love Somebody, Imagine, I'm Gonna Love You, Hang On To Your Love, Follow My Steps, I Miss You, Apple Pie, On Top Of The World (source: Nuage Myspace page)

Dave Rodgers "Puzzle" written by Pasquini, Batten, Hirai, Oliva. (Source: BMI)

If I can find more, I'll let you know.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 15 Oct 2009, 11:52

Puzzle is a Japanese version of Beat Of The Rising Sun, sung by V6. The rest is perfectly fine, though. Thanks!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 15 Oct 2009, 12:36

DarkSky wrote:

Updates in this version:

Can you add Akiba Koubou too?

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 15 Oct 2009, 15:03

Tiger wrote:
DarkSky wrote:

Updates in this version:

Can you add Akiba Koubou too?
It's a bit harder since the tracks have Japanese track titles and use Japanese characters as track titles and artist names and I think these have to be romanized first.
Anyway, Plum and Digibeat has been added to the db.. just as track times of extended Blast! and Dima songs. Going to add extended track times of Plum and Digibeat soon. (This will probably be a new catalogue version)

It takes some time but will be finished probably within 1 or 2 weeks.. since I'm very busy too (Just like Cheese)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 15 Oct 2009, 17:32

I say keep the original tracknames, and provide an romanization and translation where possible. :idea: