Eurobeat (Negative) Top 10

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater

Eurobeat (Negative) Top 10

Post by DarkSky » 17 Sep 2009, 15:56

As the title says, which songs do you hate the most or of which songs do you think they do really have to get improved??

1 to 10. Then state how the song could've been improved.

1 = The worst song.
10 = The best of the worst songs.
Last edited by DarkSky on 20 Sep 2009, 17:13, edited 3 times in total.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Re: Eurobeat (Negative) Top 10

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Sep 2009, 16:50

DarkSky wrote:As the title says, which songs do you hate the most?

1 to 10. Then state how the song could've been improved.
The song in #1 is the worst song you know.
Added the bold text to ensure that SOME good can come of this.

I'm still waking up and therefore can't put together 10 songs I hate mentally, but I'm not too fond of:

I'M SUPERSTAR: Every artist/producer has one less-than-stellar song in their repertoire; Futura is no exception, in fact she was smart enough to get hers out of the way early. Shoddy production and soundworlds, oddly mixed vocals and annoying use of instruments that simply do not fit into the song. Thank God/whoever's watching that she redeemed herself in Dance In My Town, where the soundscape was much stronger/more solid and her singing was not mixed so oddly.
BAILA MESCALERO: AKA, "LAWL LETZ LIST ALL THE HIT SONGS AND PUT 'EM AFTER BAILA BAILA!!" NO. HRG had a slew of really unoriginal productions strewn about their really original ones, but this one took the cake for me for 'most annoying' and 'unoriginal lyrics'. I much prefer when HRG doesn't rehash song titles in their songs. They made better songs after this one, with less rehashing and less annoying-ness (is that a word?), so they knew what was going on enough to fix the problem.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 17 Sep 2009, 16:51

We already had a thread where most people posted their bottom 10 songs of all time about 7-8 months ago here. Look at pages 4-6.

Anyway, I don't think I posted mine in that thread, so I'll do it here.

1. Futura - I'm Superstar
2. Y&Co. feat. Domino - Monkey Dance '09
3. Madison - Remind Me to Forget
4. Mara Nell - Pagal
5. Dave & Nuage - Another Miracle
6. Karen - Lost in the World
7. Leslie Hammond - Run & Run
8. Domino - Para Girl
9. Brian Ice & Susan Bell - Spread Your Wings
10. DeJo - Too Young to Fall in Love

Dishonourable Mention: Just about everything that Sinclaire produced during the 140s, 150s and 160s.

There's a lot of stuff from the 190s in my bottom 10 of all time; it would have to be one of the worst decades in the history of eurobeat. Not just because of the lackluster music, mind you, but all of the ridiculous changes made to the series.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 18 Sep 2009, 01:49

Lol this is a good idea :P

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 18 Sep 2009, 03:09

-1. Annalise - Valentino's Day
-2. Pamsy & Jay Lehr - Give It All Up to Me
-3. Paul Harris - Before I Go
-4. Tina Rey - Video Killed the Radio Star
-5. Mad Cow - I Feel like a Molotov
-6. Pistol Girl - Ike Ike 2009
-7. Franz Tornado - Baila Mescalero
-8. Claudia Vip - Cinderella Rokfeller
-9. Jackie O. - Survivor
-10. Vivi - I Love My Dog

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 18 Sep 2009, 05:46

It's funny to see that a lot of these songs are pretty recent ones. :')!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Sep 2009, 09:01

I think I even posted my worst songs as an April Fool's top 10. anyway, I think you just wanna see how much people hate the I'm Superstar and Space Boy(The Epic Fail mix). Somewhere in there would also have to be a bunch of crappy SCP songs like " I Wanna Play Guitar, Tricky Sticky & Band, Pararappa Dance, Vive La Noche and of course I Love My Dog and a few Transy Pamsy style songs.

How These songs can be improved. Lose the hyper amphetamines happy grooves for starters. Actiually I don't think these songs had a prayer for me. There was a TIME when AbeatC really blew too. Rock N Roll Superstar, Megaton Man, Black Jack Fever just to name a few.

HRG Attack has allways been good, but I do agree that I get bored of those Covers of them covering themselves on Baila Pistolero, Camanchero, Bandolaro,Caballero, Mezclalero.ect.. I think there was even a Panadero somewhere in there,LOL!

TIME has been stellar form the start. Even thier really early covers of Mighty Quinn and Sophie's Rapture are great. For some reason they added some housy crap songs to thier catalog in the mid 90s from Gino Latino. Those weren't even Eurobeat/Italo so they don't count. It's hard to even come up with 10 songs I really hate from TIME.

DELTA has thier misses, and most from Sinclaire, who ironically created some of my favourite songs at DELTA. Anything with the prophet shouting like Rock N Roll Emulation would make that list.

Vibration is another label that doesn't chart any bad songs on my top 10 worst Eurobeat ever.

GGMs definatley have a few songs in there if I would extend the top 10 to top 20. Thier soundworlds just kinda rub me the wrong way.

Finally Saifam. they do not chart any either. They are just too nuetral to be hated. I think I enjoyed thier earlier material a lot more than todays, but there are some great classics from them in the early 2000s and of corse Gun Boy and Disco Energy. :grin:

Funny how the creater of the thread didn't even post his :???:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 19 Sep 2009, 00:17

- INFINITE : Daniel - Frontal Impact
- INFINITE : Mega NRG Man - Red Light & Sex
- INFINITE : Daniel & Cherry - Bach Is Back
- 10 : Dave Rodgers & FAIL Artists - Space Boy (The Epic Grand Fail Mix)
- 09 : Futura - I'm Superstar
- 08 : Dave Rodgers - The V.I.P Is JP
- 07 : Helena - Melodies Of Love
- 06 : Domino - Call Me
- 05 : Cherry - Got To Be Certain
- 04 : D.Essex - Fahrenheit Euronight
- 03 : Domino - Fuku Wa Uchi
- 02 : The Snake - Spirit Goes Wild
- 01 : Go 2 - Purple Emotions

- INFINITE is the worst, -01 is the best.

Yes, it's in order.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 19 Sep 2009, 02:06

Why d'ya hate Frontal Impact so much? That's one of my favorite Delta/Daniel tracks.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Sep 2009, 03:01

never understood his hatred for Frontal Impact, but now Red Light & Sex? :eek:

Seeing that ,I totally remembered this train wreck for me by the name of Mari-San - Secret Destination. The main reason 187 was not one of my favourites.

I agree on this 100%
I would rename it: It's no longer Space Boy :P

-10: Dave Rodgers Feat. Mike Garson & Rafael Moreira - Fail Boy (Grand Fail)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 19 Sep 2009, 07:00

Lebon14 wrote:- 07 : Helena - Melodies Of Love
Oh, I forgot all about that horrible song. Haha. The remake was the abomination of the 170s.

On an unrelated note, 'Baila Campanaro' from the 170s was pretty bad as well. I'd say it was the most forgotten song of that decade, and for good reason.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 19 Sep 2009, 10:01

drnrg wrote:but now Red Light & Sex? :eek:
Always been like that.
My hate for SEB 179 isn't gone yet.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 19 Sep 2009, 15:21

wolftickets1969 wrote:Why d'ya hate Frontal Impact so much? That's one of my favorite Delta/Daniel tracks.
I can agree with that.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Sep 2009, 06:41

@DarkSky.

So when are you gonna post yours?

Jay
Lebon14 wrote:
- 07 : Helena - Melodies Of Love

Oh, I forgot all about that horrible song. Haha. The remake was the abomination of the 170s.
What? This was a wonderful song for Helena. Dream melody, soft atmosphere, Beatuiful vocals. What wasn't there to like.

Though I'm Pretty sure that haters ofthis song were also not fans of Magic Rainbow, Music, and Eternal Symphony. In retrospect these songs were not anything different from My World, Soft TIME nor Just An Illusion, so I never understood the preference some people have over the other three :???:

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 20 Sep 2009, 17:06

I will create one very soon.. I'm very busy at the moment