THE FUTURE OF EUROBEAT, YOUR OPINIONS..

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: THE FUTURE OF EUROBEAT, YOUR OPINIONS..

Post by Vadim » 25 Apr 2010, 20:02

1. Avex DOES have a proper strategy, there is a plan

Well, I just wish they'd let us in on it...'cause it looks like things are not
going into the right direction since whatever is occuring appears rather
typically as aimless.

We are actually getting less new eurobeat now, sales fall hugely,
and Avex's rejection of many very good songs from
all the teams was too often either senseless or just obscene. Oh..
and promotion and financing are more comparable to a black hole
in space..

2. Avex is the label that buys licenses for the songs, so they have the right to request changements.
constructive suggestions and forcing issues are 2 different things.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 25 Apr 2010, 21:12

Vadim wrote: Well, I just wish they'd let us in on it...'cause it looks like things are not
going into the right direction since whatever is occuring appears rather
typically as aimless.

We are actually getting less new eurobeat now, sales fall hugely,
and Avex's rejection of many very good songs from
all the teams was too often either senseless or just obscene. Oh..
and promotion and financing are more comparable to a black hole
in space..
Have you ever seen a music label that gives away their marketing strategy to their fans? I don't think so. It's not your business and you are not allowed to take a look in such confidential documents.

Avex's rejections aren't as worse as everybody thinks... as long as labels produce some quality music it's ok. You know nothing about the financing so you cannot decide about this... yes there's isn't alot of financing for Eurobeat at the moment but you don't know what the money is used for so don't talk like shit about Avex when it comes to confidential things like financing and marketing plans/strategies.

I also don't agree with the ''Avex should give labels more freedom to experiment'' thing... damn we at Dima Music are currently experimenting alot and Avex seems to LOVE it.

The only thing I currently can complain about.. is that it takes so long for samples to appear on their website.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 25 Apr 2010, 21:17

DarkSky wrote:The only thing I currently can complain about.. is that it takes so long for samples to appear on their website.
QFT - I reckon samples should have at least one verse, chorus and hook, and they should be available 2 weeks before the release. I'm desperate to hear all the 203 tracks and Avex is just teasing me... :???:

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 25 Apr 2010, 21:26

IMO, HRG has had their day in the sun, and will likely never recover. Lack/loss of creativity killed the HRG star, so to speak. In fact, the good HRG died after Euromach.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 26 Apr 2010, 00:44

DarkSky wrote:
Have you ever seen a music label that gives away their marketing strategy to their fans? I don't think so. It's not your business and you
are not allowed to take a look in such confidential documents.
Honestly, man,.. I ain't I.R.S... :o .. :D :D

You don't need to be up to your shoulders in income statements(which is
something I hates much - used to be a business major in college.. :cry: )
to see the trends of Avex cutting down a lot on it's eurobeat.

Marketing as such can also be observed as a trend going from
observing it's target audience (for whom the product is made).
Are we as listeners getting much..?..can you even buy SEB
at least in digital form in most countries..?

Avex's rejections aren't as worse as everybody thinks... as long as labels produce some quality music it's ok.
EB Teams really do have quality which no normal outside producer would even want to tackle. These guys create tracks the way Ferrary makes cars. If you ask me - Avex is spoiled..

I ain't in business of doing 'em business revisions on Avex industries.
But since we are talking about future and trends, some things are jumping to attention. Eurobeat can still be revitalized and hugely expanded. It's just needs a dedication and will to make it happen from Avex side.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Apr 2010, 04:01

DarkSky
I also don't agree with the ''Avex should give labels more freedom to experiment'' thing... damn we at Dima Music are currently experimenting alot and Avex seems to LOVE it.
Seems Darksykyd is all of the sudden in AVEX corner. What happened to all those banners you used to make about AVEX giving the producers freedom? There were tons others, I just can't remeber them right now. so why all of the sudden you agree what they do?

the_ditz
QFT - I reckon samples should have at least one verse, chorus and hook, and they should be available 2 weeks before the release. I'm desperate to hear all the 203 tracks and Avex is just teasing me...
Kinda like the way they appear on Juno previews. Those really give you solid idea of what a song will sound like. 8)

Jay
Speaking of vocalist variety, what happened to Dhany? Don't tell me she jumped ship.
Not at all. She's still on the roster, she just has a lot of musical side projects and another label to answer to, but there should be new Dany material before vol. 210. Probobly even a new name change :wink:

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 26 Apr 2010, 06:13

Jay wrote: Speaking of vocalist variety, what happened to Dhany? Don't tell me she jumped ship.
She's right here. Actually, a eurobeat remix would work pretty well.

n . paganini
Euro To B

Post by n . paganini » 26 Apr 2010, 14:13

ciao guys !

thanks for your efforts to reply on this post .

i have read all your replies, but i,m sorry to say that i still notice this depressing thoughts about the future of eurobeat in general.
to reply on the avex strategy plan, please keep in mind that avex has to thank a lot to eurobeat. it was and still is a scource of income to them. i can,t imagine that avex will disrespect eurobeat ever, however, times have changed and i think that avex have addapted their marketing/strategy plan to the times that we live in today !! that doesn,t mean that they will kick out the SEB brand any time soon, they just are going to use another strategy in marketing that will suit these times that we are living in today. i think it will be more positive then that we all think right now, keep the positive vibe alive !!

let me be honest here, the days of the 90,s are long gone, that was the time that the eurobeat was booming and that there were flying millions of copies of SEB cd,s over the counter. times have changed, but is the music changed ? yes ofcourse, but only for the better !!

personally i think one of the problems is the fact that eurobeat is linked to the so called parapara dancing, now i,m going to be very rude here, the biggest mistake ever made is linking eurobeat music to a dancing trend !! trends go by quickly but is the music ? i don,t think so. let,s be honest, the japanese are slowly but surely are loosing their interest in parapara, i think that,s also the big reason why the popularity in japan is fading away. lose the parapara and we have a much better chance in surviving !! i,m sorry, i think i will offend some people here but i really don,t understand the link between parapara and the music, i never had and i never will. ofcourse i respect the people who totally love parapara, i say to them : keep on dancing to what you love !!

music wise, i say, let,s start the experimentation, diversity is the key and allthough i have said it before and i will say it again, musically wise the sound is healthy, look at the productions at dima music, di marcantonio is a clever and multi talented producer, his way of composing and the use of fine layers in his music, make him a strong writer, and he also is busy experimentating!! we can hear this in the DREAM FIGHTERS track on SEB 202. i really can,t understand why people are so non-positive about this track !! the formula is the same but man, the use of ideas and the experimental soundings make this track one of the highlights on SEB 202 !! bring on more tracks with these soundings !!

personally i think the future looks very bright, we have to be positive, one thing i would like to point out here, producers and labels are checking out this forum !! they read this forum and i think they are shockend and amazed how non positive the vibe is, please guys, stay positive, we have much to fight for, but then again the future looks bright, if we only are willing to accept the fact that innovation and experimentation are key elements over the next coming period !!

the future looks more brighter than you think !!

ciao a tutti !!!!!!!!

nullsoon
Euro To B

Post by nullsoon » 26 Apr 2010, 15:38

Hey but easy, it's like 10 to 15 people who often post in this forum.
Can a whole (niche, small, dying if you will) industry rely on the opinions of 15 people?

What's up with this kind of empty tasted appearances. a while ago Sjoerd went all like OMGLET'SDOTHIS with his eurobeat survey, now we have another Star posting pretty much the same; It started with a "what do you think" now it's a "please be possitive and wait for what's coming"

Is anything coming at all that we all need to stay possitive about?

I hate that unnecessary mistery. It's not like we're not gonna buy anything or we're gonna stop liking eurobeat or talking about it if we have more information about what's gonna happen.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 26 Apr 2010, 16:27

n . paganini wrote: personally i think one of the problems is the fact that eurobeat is linked to the so called parapara dancing, now i,m going to be very rude here, the biggest mistake ever made is linking eurobeat music to a dancing trend !! trends go by quickly but is the music ? i don,t think so. let,s be honest, the japanese are slowly but surely are loosing their interest in parapara, i think that,s also the big reason why the popularity in japan is fading away. lose the parapara and we have a much better chance in surviving !! i,m sorry, i think i will offend some people here but i really don,t understand the link between parapara and the music, i never had and i never will. ofcourse i respect the people who totally love parapara, i say to them : keep on dancing to what you love !!
Are you assuming that because people don't dance parapara anymore then they lose interest in listening to eurobeat? That's not necessarily true.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 26 Apr 2010, 18:02

some things to note:

1. Parapara is not only linked to eurobeat, but to hyper techno, pop, and trance music. While it's popularity may not be as strong as ever, I'm venturing to say parapara has done nothing but help the sales. For example, during a para boom (a big surge of interest) around 2000-2001, do you think it's a mere coincidence that 110 sold so much? It had not only big eurobeat hits, but so many para routines for those songs.

Yes, it is fading, but I don't believe for a second that it hurts the sale of eurobeat. It's more about the whole buying vs piracy now.

2. Most of the studios are in a constant state of flux with their sounds for which I greatly appreciate. As someone noted earlier, Saifam and HI-NRG Attack have had the mentality of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" for the past few years and it's just not cutting it! If HI-NRG ATTACK wants a change, go back to the glory days of Eurobeat Flash when the voices weren't ridiculously schewed and the lyrics were coherent to a degree.

Adding to this, I think it's wonderful that some studios (cough, SCP) have had the balls to add house, dance/pop, and disco influences to their resume. I love Jay Lehr's aishu sounding songs. He stands out not only for his voice, but the "soundworlds" that SCP creates for him. Same to be said about Annie. God knows I don't like 90% of Time/Eurogroove's female songs, but Annie made me believe in it again.

This is all horribly subjective because we all have different tastes in eurobeat. Some like the really old school italo-disco influences, some love kiddy music (Kiki & Fancy for example), some love the agressive males (Go2, Jordan, Dave Rodgers), and some of us like the ballads (Helena)...it's a complicated world, folks.

n . paganini
Euro To B

Post by n . paganini » 26 Apr 2010, 18:31

ciao !!

mr para rigby: thanks for your answer, that,s what i had in mind, you obviously respect the fact that studio,s are experimentating, SCP is a great example on how to experiment with the sound. the key to survival, explore the possibilities to take the sound beyond.

to nullsoon : relax a bit my friend, nobody said that the small niche eurobeat as you call it scene will die, it won,t die, if you have some patience and trust in the music. there is no mistery involved, experimental music is coming up !!

also to get one thing straight, eurobeat music is almost 21 years old !!!!!!
do you really think that a music style that is that old will die soon ? it will evolve and change in sounds and structures, that,s they key i think.

and about parapara yes i believe that the link between eurobeat and this style of dancing can be no good, here in holland we got a good example on how wrong things can go with a trendy dance with a musical style attached to it. we had the so called jumpstyle trend for a while , this dance could be compared with parapara, this trend stayed only 1 or 2 years the max, then it was out of the window including the music. ofcourse japan is 5000 times the size as holland, but i hope you get my point here. ofcourse the parapara helped in selling the music, but is this selling music or buying music for a good reason ? what is happening right now is that the music fans of the eurobeat sound are staying true to the music that they love and that the wannabe dance buddies are leaving the boat and that affects the sales ofcourse, conclusion : IT,S THE MUSIC THAT COUNTS !!

as for evolving in sound : hyper techno para tech etc, etc, isn,t that an evolving in style ? were does it come from ? mostly from eurobeat and old euro house !! it,s a hybrid of these styles, a good example of EXPERIMENTATION IN SOUND MY FRIENDS!!!!!

ciao a tutti !!

nullsoon
Euro To B

Post by nullsoon » 26 Apr 2010, 18:35

yeah, I know, it won't die. I don't want it to either. I'm just tired of this weird mood going on, very long arguments about.. nothing..., apparently we /the supporters/ have voice in this.. but it feels like a little whisper.

I feel in a very long and shady focus group, for developing this new experimental eurobeat. lol

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 26 Apr 2010, 18:57

drnrg wrote:Seems Darksykyd is all of the sudden in AVEX corner. What happened to all those banners you used to make about AVEX giving the producers freedom? There were tons others, I just can't remeber them right now. so why all of the sudden you agree what they do?
Yes I do remember those banners, but that time I thought the way you do now because of all negative comments about Avex I read here on the forums. You guys are seriously wrong.
n. paganini wrote: personally i think one of the problems is the fact that eurobeat is linked to the so called parapara dancing,
You are right, if the popularity of ParaPara decreases, this will have a huge effect on the popularity of Eurobeat. It's bad to link music to a dance, I definitely agree with you. Music will always be alive, but dances that are linked to music will fade away after some time. Let's take for example the ''Jumpstyle'' boom in The Netherlands.
n. paganini wrote: music wise, i say, let,s start the experimentation
You are right, now let's don't care about what people on the forums say about songs.. noawadays most of the people are so negative about the Eurobeat that's currently being produced and it looks like people don't even want to hear any experiments or low-BPM Eurobeat. I don't see the point! Everybody underestimates how much influence EBP has on the genre, producers often check the forums and if they read untrue things they'll get a wrong impression Eurobeat's current status.. so come on stop talking shit and support these labels and show your love for them even when they don't make the kind of music you like. By experimenting you might not attract the current fans, but you will attract a much larger group of people that might like that specific style, and let's start by lowering the amount of BPMs a song contains.
n. paganini wrote: i really can,t understand why people are so non-positive about this track !! the formula is the same but man, the use of ideas and the experimental soundings make this track one of the highlights on SEB 202 !! bring on more tracks with these soundings !!
I didn't understand why people were negative about this track either, it's wasn't even a big experimental track. Damn if you guys are negative about this track, how extremely negative would you be about other tracks that will be released soon. Come on, stop bitching and accept the fact that eurobeat will change.
n. paganini wrote: the future looks more brighter than you think !!
Hell! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! it is.
nullsoon wrote: Can a whole (niche, small, dying if you will) industry rely on the opinions of 15 people?
Yes it can partially, if these 15 people say wrong things and producers read these things.
nullsoon wrote: What's up with this kind of empty tasted appearances. a while ago Sjoerd went all like OMGLET'SDOTHIS with his eurobeat survey, now we have another Star posting pretty much the same; It started with a "what do you think" now it's a "please be possitive and wait for what's coming"
Everything's gonna be all right, but people just have to shut their mouths about things that are none of their business.. for example the marketing strategy. If people accept that Eurobeat will have to change, and stop being negative all the time the future of Eurobeat will look much brighter and probably will be brighter than you ever expected. Don't worry the strategy is looking good, I've nothing to complain about.

nullsoon
Euro To B

Post by nullsoon » 26 Apr 2010, 21:07

Oh please, cut that superiority tone up, it's not producing at all.

What the hell can be a "wrong thing" to say about eurobeat, that's just annoying.

Happens that if someone finds a song really bad, they'll say it, as someone previously stated, the producers should be lucky that the fanbase of this subgenre of music is mostly into productive criticism instead of going all "BAAW KILL THEM ALL !!!". to my eyes that's not a "wrong thing" at all.

Instead of asking us what we thing, let's start thinking of ways for making the people who never bought eurobeat, buying music instead of stealing it from the idforums :') !
OH WAIT! we're not allowed in that conversation, because we're not worthy of such elevated topic.

meh..