THE FUTURE OF EUROBEAT, YOUR OPINIONS..

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 16 Dec 2010, 05:28

A major reason why modern Eurobeat sucks(as with most modern music): the Loudness War. Every single SEB of the 200's is brickwalled to death; the Avex-independent labels, eg HRG Attack, aren't much better. This is Eurobeat, guys, not heavy metal. :!: :-x

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 16 Dec 2010, 06:15

wolftickets1969 wrote:A major reason why modern Eurobeat sucks(as with most modern music): the Loudness War. Every single SEB of the 200's is brickwalled to death; the Avex-independent labels, eg HRG Attack, aren't much better. This is Eurobeat, guys, not heavy metal. :!: :-x
...you can't just turn the volume... down?
The music, the composition, the technique(s)... all shot down because the volume is high? I find it a tad hard to believe, but if that's why you don't listen to it, I can't stop you.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 16 Dec 2010, 07:39

zoupzuop2 wrote:
wolftickets1969 wrote:A major reason why modern Eurobeat sucks(as with most modern music): the Loudness War. Every single SEB of the 200's is brickwalled to death; the Avex-independent labels, eg HRG Attack, aren't much better. This is Eurobeat, guys, not heavy metal. :!: :-x
...you can't just turn the volume... down?
The music, the composition, the technique(s)... all shot down because the volume is high? I find it a tad hard to believe, but if that's why you don't listen to it, I can't stop you.
If you turn the volume down, please, tell me where's the beat then? That's what the loudness war is... all percussion is hidden behind the other sounds. If you don't play it loud, you barely notice the beat at all.

Please check this video and webpages for more info :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =122114058

And I agree with Wolftickets1969 with that. Toy For Love would sound AMAZING bassy (even more than it is right now) if it wasn't volume-brickwalled to death.

Here is an exemple... Bad Desire by F.C.F.

Original volume compression :

Now, if it was released today, here it is :
Effect applied : Hard Limit 9db, -0.01 on left, 9.5db, -0.01 on right

Sorry but I like the original better. NOW, we hear the beat.

And, wolftickets, every genre is hit with the loudness war. Heavy Metal was not brickwalled to death in the 80s. Just grab an original Metallica CD from the 80s (not the remasters) and you'll hear the drums perfectly.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Dec 2010, 03:22

I actually think this is the reason That vinyl wouldn't sound good anymore.

Back in the 90s and early 2000s the sound wasn't as distorted. You can hear the big difference in early 12's from TIME, HRG Attack ect.. with some of thier newer material.

The songs sound perfectly healthy to me on my system and on original cds, which is how I mostly listen to Eurobeat.

My p.c. speakers must be pretty potent too,because the Eurobeat sounds just as great, if not better than in the 90s.

I'm staring to hear Lebons point, so I ditched all my 192 kbps and have now satrted listeing only to 320 and up. 500 +kbps and up sounds spectacular. I have mp3 with kbps running over 600. That's an aggressive listeing experience to say the least :!:

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 13 Dec 2011, 08:41

I hope they don't start incorporating constant heavy auto-tune effect as time goes on. I don't have anything against auto-tune itself, or even the auto-tune effect in the right songs, but I don't like the way it sounds in a eurobeat environment.

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 18 Dec 2011, 11:48

I went to the future and listened to SEB 300.

15 tracks of five minutes each with nothing but synth riffs. No singing. Final Destination.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 18 Dec 2011, 13:54

Shinraikan wrote:I went to the future and listened to SEB 300.

15 tracks of five minutes each with nothing but synth riffs. No singing. Final Destination.
Haha, nice - but was it the same 15-20 second riff repeated 15-20 times, or 15-20 different riffs all one after another? :P

The future of Eurobeat may not lie with avex, but they've done not bad for themselves reaching SEB vol. 220 - I think we'll be alright for a long time yet :)