If you could formatt Super Eurobeat cd.

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.

what SEB format do you prefer?

14 Extendeds
54%
18 radio edits
39%
Non Stops
7%

Total votes: 28

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

If you could formatt Super Eurobeat cd.

Post by drnrg » 01 May 2010, 04:58

pretty self explanetory. Just come up with your dream SEB cd. In my make believe world money isn't an issue, so have fun with it.

1. Booklet: have fans submit different covers. the one that gets most votes online becomes the cover for the month. AVEX site would have a voting option.

2. CD: SEB on a monthly basis is a must

3. CD: 14 extended tracks with the last two being iether an unreleased trax or a track that has not yet been released in extended. This comes from all Eurobeat cd like, SEB, EB Flash, Europanic, Euromach ect..Ex: Victoria- Love Rhapsody, Dusty- Nitemare. You get the piture.

4. CD: The 14 track extended will have at least two Dall Ora tracks. One Eurogrooves and the other an unreleased TIME track. The rest of the list would look like this with no particular order of the labels' songs. Two trax will always be for HRG Attack and Dall Ora, as I already mentioned. The rest will take turns. For instance one month will be AbeatC and DELTA. Next month would be Dima and Saifam and so fourth. All labels will get a shot of at least 2 songs. the 14th track will be an Unreleased song from either TIME, ABeatC, SCP, DELTA or HRG Attack
This one too changes form month to month.

5. CD: In the sequence of 1-10, the 5th cd will feature the number 13 track as a Eurobeat fan submitted song. Every month fans submit thier entries and me and my team of Eurobeat experts will choose the best one.

6. Booklet: The lyrics will remain as this a important part of the booklet. Both in Engrish and Japanese.

7. Booklet: One page will be dedicated to a different label each month to submit a small bio of an artist showcasing one of thier songs on the cd. Complete with fotos.

8. Booklet: My Avex will throw monthly Eurobeat related events with all the information; dates, TIMEs and places showcased on the pages from the booklet.

9. CD: the 10th cd from the sequence will featuer a megamix with all the previous songs from the past 9 sebs done in an expertese mixing fasion.

10. VINYL: this one is purly to boost the sales, which will already be huge if my format is followed, but I will bring back vinyl in a big way, with my images on the sleeves.

I think I covered everything that's important to me ,so creat your dream SEB cd. if you dare...Money is not an object :wink:

SEB demo: songs and artists are made up.

1. Way 2 Fast- No Stop Limit (SCP)
2. Chrissy Storm- Hurrican Woman (Eurogrooves)
3. Vanilla Nice- Flavour Of Love(ABeatC)
4. Tom D. Gunn- Boom Boom Pistol (HRG Attack)
5. Plum- Touch me Squeeze Me (DELTA)
6. Dave Dee Diamond- Fighting King Of Thunder (Dima)
7. Fred Tsunami- Suq A Mad Cow (HRG Attack)
8. Tiger Lake & Dice- Go Go Dance in a Trance (GoGos)
9. Mike G. - Sex Superman Action (TIME)
10.Nako- Kiss Of Fire (Sinclaire Style)
11.Maiden 25- Slave to The Beat (DELTA)
12.C.F.C - Kosmo King (Saifam)
13.Rodger Davis- Super Hero Beat (AbeatC)
14.Dr. Thriller - Bad Man Boom Boom (D.NRG prods.)

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 01 May 2010, 05:22

The answer cannot be a question. EXTENDEDS!
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 01 May 2010, 06:00

I've always preferred 18 radio edits. I was one of the few that wasn't enthusiastic at all about the move towards extendeds back on 187, but as long as we have full songs to listen to I don't really care.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 01 May 2010, 07:30

Extendeds

Did you know that we can put up to 16 tracks if we really pus it up? Well, that's what I would do each month : the most possible tracks in extended on the CD. I would also include a 2nd CD 14 tracks : 7 unreleased and 7 unreleased extendeds.

Booklet wise, lyrics + author message. Cover-wise, I'm still unsure about it.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 May 2010, 08:16

Jay wrote:I've always preferred 18 radio edits. I was one of the few that wasn't enthusiastic at all about the move towards extendeds back on 187, but as long as we have full songs to listen to I don't really care.
I'm with you on this one Jay. It's good to have the extended versions, but I always think that the 4 minute "radio edits" are much more to the point. A lot of labels seem to produce to this length nowadays anyway (SCP mostly) so I don't see it as a massive change.

But again, the full stand-alone track is what's important - there's nothing worse than trying to burn a compilation for your car only to find that you can only get "nonstop" cuts of the best songs - I gotta have a proper start and end!!

You have some cool ideas overall drnrg - I may have a think later on and put in some of my ideas :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 May 2010, 08:56

the_ditz
I'm with you on this one Jay. It's good to have the extended versions, but I always think that the 4 minute "radio edits" are much more to the point. A lot of labels seem to produce to this length nowadays anyway (SCP mostly) so I don't see it as a massive change.
You bring up a very good point, I can only agree with that statement for certain labels. You already made the point about SCP. There songs fit the radio edit quite nicely and honestly I can't recall a song of there's that has made much more impact on me when heard in extended. DELTA is another label that did good edits, along with Saifam, but TIME was never really too good with those edits. The reason would be the long intros that Dall Ora always inserts. That really cut away from the song's edit structure. I recall a lot of songs where the fade out started immediately after the third chorus ended and someTIMEs even before that third chorus ended. Take For instance A Perfect Hero or Save Another Day For Me. Those two songs would have been raped if released as edits. Do any of you remeber how terrible TIME's radio edits on the vinyls were? In the end, since TIME is my absolute favourit label, you can see why I'm agaisnt those 4:00 edits for thier songs. and I'm also kinda surprised Jay would want to hear TIME songs in edit fasion :???:

I also cared very little for AbeatCs edits. I think they are the worst at producing edits. I can't say much about Dima and GoGos music, cuz they weren't around back then. Vibration was and they were ahit and miss for me edit wise. I could totally see Queen Of The Night as an edit and accept it, Luna's Crash In My Heart? Terrible in edit form. HRG Attack can make a good 4:00 edit if asked to. I remeber how they were adding in that minibreak during thier appearances in the 170s, but I also prefer thier songs in thier full glory to fully enjoy the part of the break.

Anyway to show my appreciation for the SEB edit. I will list my fav edits. Notice how they are mostly songs with an outro.

Franz Tonado- Mad Cow
Jeff Driller- Rocket In My Pocket
Jay Lehr- I'm Alive
Dave- Pride
Oda- Shy Gun
Jimmy Bravo- Queen Of The Night
Mr. M.- Welcome People
Daniel- Frontal Impact
Toby Ash- Not This TIME
Madison- Without You
Kevin Jonson- Gotta Be Your Lover
Manuel- All The Best
Neo- Go Go Money

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 May 2010, 15:06

I prefer 14 extended tracks. Although it was nice having 18 songs per album, I get the most out of a song when I can listen to its entire cut. While you can still buy 18 extended tracks online, you probably can't fit them all on a single CD, and even if you could, it would probably take rather long to get through a single run-through of the album. Note: I like listening to eurobeat when I'm driving my car, and that's a lot easier to do using CD's.
ImageImage

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 01 May 2010, 18:29

Sorry for my English this time, I'm just so frustrated that I don't want to think
about my grammar ;|
1. Booklet: have fans submit different covers. the one that gets most votes online becomes the cover for the month. AVEX site would have a voting option.
Come on, you know this won't be possible. (Quality of images, payment, stock, etc..) and covers are easy to make. I'm sure Avex will never do such crazy things like letting fans make SEB covers.
2. CD: SEB on a monthly basis is a must
Yeah, that's already happening.
3. CD: 14 extended tracks with the last two being iether an unreleased trax or a track that has not yet been released in extended. This comes from all Eurobeat cd like, SEB, EB Flash, Europanic, Euromach ect..Ex: Victoria- Love Rhapsody, Dusty- Nitemare. You get the piture.
Most of the ''unreleased'' songs we know aren't unreleased but rejected, this means that Avex hasn't got any license for the songs to publish them on a SEB CD. The track that has not yet been released in extended idea isn't very good either, because these are mostly getting released @ iTunes @ special collections.
4. (..)
Come on, now you're saying something that makes me really angry. Why should HRG and time always have at least 2 tracks? There is no good argument for that! :S What's wrong with you drnrg, you're not thinking realistically at all.
5. CD: In the sequence of 1-10, the 5th cd will feature the number 13 track as a Eurobeat fan submitted song. Every month fans submit thier entries and me and my team of Eurobeat experts will choose the best one.
What a strange idea as well, the current fan made Eurobeat songs sound really bad and they are not professional at all (except for a few ones like Sugano's songs). Amateur sounding songs are no good for SEB, once again think more realistically because your ideas are really strange, this idea cannot be good for SEB.
6. Booklet: The lyrics will remain as this a important part of the booklet. Both in Engrish and Japanese.
Good, I agree with you. Make the booklets in English & Japanese.
And one very important thing: ARTIST MESSAGES!
7. Booklet: One page will be dedicated to a different label each month to submit a small bio of an artist showcasing one of thier songs on the cd. Complete with fotos.
Another good point, I agree with you about this.
8. Booklet: My Avex will throw monthly Eurobeat related events with all the information; dates, time's and places showcased on the pages from the booklet.
Another good point.
9. CD: the 10th cd from the sequence will featuer a megamix with all the previous songs from the past 9 sebs done in an expertese mixing fasion.
Sounds ok!
10. VINYL: this one is purly to boost the sales, which will already be huge if my format is followed, but I will bring back vinyl in a big way, with my images on the sleeves.
Vinyl ok, but promotional for Deejays only.
Avex needs to focus on younger fans, these people don't want to have vinyls because they can't play them. Your images on the sleeves? No.. we need a more fresh and modern look instead of a collage. Eurobeat has to become a genre that sounds FRESH, and it needs clean vinyl sleeves.. I prefer having vinyl sleeves that look like the SEB covers. Easy :) So just a model, gradient background, SUPER EUROBEAT on top or center. Vol. .... and that's all :)
Last edited by DarkSky on 01 May 2010, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 01 May 2010, 18:42

I'd be all for 14 extends and using my Avex influence powers to force club-style intros and outros for better mixing.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 01 May 2010, 19:07

DarkSky's vinyl revival

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 02 May 2010, 00:50

drnrg wrote:and I'm also kinda surprised Jay would want to hear TIME songs in edit fasion :???:
Well, I never mentioned any label in particular, but I would much rather prefer 18 radio edits as a default on SEB with the option of readily purchasing the extended version (if I remember right, this is how it used to work during the 170s). That way, I don't need to bother with extendeds from, say, SCP, A-Beat C or HRG, whose extendeds don't really add anything new to their radio edit versions, and the songs I really want to hear in extended form can be obtained from iTunes or elsewhere. It's win-win if you ask me.

Most extendeds from certain labels often don't add anything new to the song, and the ones that do are few and far between, so that's why I prefer 18 radio edits as the SEB standard.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 May 2010, 01:36

IFFFF I RUUUUULED SEB...... EVERY DAY WOULD BE THE FIRST DAAAAY OF SPRINNNNNNNG~

Darksky, don't forget that this is a theoretical thread; that is, they're talking about what would be cool, not what NEEDS to happen. "Create your dream SEB", I believe the wording was.

Anyway, if I had my own fantasy budget and all the creative control I wanted with SEB's format:

16 Extendeds (as many as we could fit on the CD!), each label would have AT LEAST 1 track on there; if nothing new was created, than an unreleased track would be considered. If nothing was created and the unreleased-s are exhausted or unsatisfactory, that label will not be represented on that installment. (Why force them more than they already are? Better they take their time and sit one SEB out than force their hand and churn out something bad)
Covers would still be designed in-house. However, fans could make their own galleries on their own pages for alternate covers.
Booklets would have Japanese AND English text, not just for lyrics but for descriptions and interviews and whatnot as well. Artists would have the option to leave a message for the track but wouldn't be required.
And, for the love of all things holy...
WORLDWIDE iTUNES RELEASES.
Of course, being my dream SEB and not a reality, every label would still retain publishing rights to all the songs and could still very well sell them in their own stores, should they choose to do so.
Every 5th release, there'd be a DVD, be it a live show, an interview with a producer/artist, paralist, whatever. Of course, there'll have to BE live shows and interviews for this to happen, so... in my dream world, avex would be booking these things like wildfire~!
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 02 May 2010, 06:37

I really don't understand people who like the 4 min edits instead of extendeds. Question: is the producers created 4 min cuts originally? You know the answer. Or another thing: what if there's a song you really love and would listen all the day - but it's turns to end suddenly at 4 min, and you definetly know that this is a cut. What would be in teh long version? I could not sleep...
If you prefer shorter versions, let's use the mix albums. Now you say mix album releases are too less... I know, but the other side was waiting years for the extendeds. So?
Still EXTENDEDS, and if there's too many new releases, than start or get back another series, like Flash.
Oh by the way - to agree with zoupzoup2, worldwide web releases, including Juno!
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 02 May 2010, 07:49

Ricfiam wrote:I really don't understand people who like the 4 min edits instead of extendeds.
I guess the main, if not the only, reason why people prefer 18 radio edits is because there are more songs.

If you can purchase those radio edits in extended form elsewhere, why does it matter? The only reason you could still hate radio edits is because you probably can't purchase their extended form in "decent" quality (and, knowing you, that's probably it).

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 02 May 2010, 08:00

Ricfiam wrote:Oh by the way - to agree with zoupzoup2, worldwide web releases, including Juno!
THIS!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!