Super Eurobeat 205

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 09 Jul 2010, 17:18

Little Little Star, to me, sounds like happy hardcore a bit, rather than eurobeat.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 09 Jul 2010, 21:22

vinyl12 wrote:Little Little Star, to me, sounds like happy hardcore a bit, rather than eurobeat.
Indeed..this new Jay Lehr be the weird one..maybe this was inspired by
planeta mix or smthng..I'd say: stop it and bring the traditional JL back..!..

Top tune on this SEB is Ester!!!
Awesome!

Dima's macho offering is goody good, as always..

Saifam's Little fLies needs a remix pronto and badly..
Good song..cheap ass quicky techno arrangement.

HRG is not bad...but with riff like loco_rana_crapitto though.

Bratt's song scared me...SC needs the right brew and
an another dream in deltadance.com style.
Last edited by Vadim on 09 Jul 2010, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 09 Jul 2010, 21:30

the_ditz wrote:3. Cy-Ro - It's All Up To You (3 times) (although this is more trying to get used to the odd mix of retro beats and the Axel F. synth hook!)
Indeed, the synth of that song sounds a lot like Axel F. However, you guys should also hear the old Saifam track from 1996, Bad Boy Bad Boy by Mister Max (sung by Roberto Gabrielli) - that synthline is even more similar to Axel F. than the one in It's All Up To You!

Personally, I think that Sarah's Little Lies sounds a bit more like a eurodance track than a eurobeat one. Aside from the slower bpm, that offbeat bassline has a truly distinct style that just screams eurodance all over. Still, I'm sooooo glad that Asia finally released another really good original song, not to mention with Castellari doing the vocals. It's really a huge breath of fresh air in my opinion, in the midst of all of these covers, and it assures me that the label is still capable of producing excellent tracks when they feel like it. I do, though, quite love the new version of You Are Always On My Mind. The original from 1999 already blew me away with its beautiful melody and sweet vocals. However, even in its newer context, completely different from the very classic-era style of the original, it's just as good if not even better in a certain way.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Jul 2010, 06:02

Megan188
Indeed, the synth of that song sounds a lot like Axel F. However, you guys should also hear the old Saifam track from 1996, Bad Boy Bad Boy by Mister Max (sung by Roberto Gabrielli) - that synthline is even more similar to Axel F. than the one in It's All Up To You!
All this TIME I never even bothered to compare the two. I've listened to Bad Bad Boy 1000s of x and always thought the riff sounded mighty familiar. Thanks for finally helping me make the connection.

Eurobeat songs that use that Axel F riff are usually a lot slower than than other Eurobeat songs.

I really thought Jay Lehr would get more love. It really is an amazing song. That's the kind of expirimentation I approve of. and it sounds really spacey 8).

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 10 Jul 2010, 06:32

drnrg wrote:I really thought Jay Lehr would get more love. It really is an amazing song. That's the kind of expirimentation I approve of. and it sounds really spacey 8).
Little Little Star is actually probably one of my favorite songs on the whole album, along with Kiss My Boo Boo. It's sooooo different and infectious, I just love it! :grin:

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 10 Jul 2010, 14:03

Megan188 wrote:
drnrg wrote:I really thought Jay Lehr would get more love. It really is an amazing song. That's the kind of expirimentation I approve of. and it sounds really spacey 8).
Little Little Star is actually probably one of my favorite songs on the whole album, along with Kiss My Boo Boo. It's sooooo different and infectious, I just love it! :grin:
The Jay Lehr and Mom n Dad tracks are wonderful along with my 'omfg HI-NRG ATTACK did something completely different and I love them for it' person favourite of 205, "It's All Up To You"

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 10 Jul 2010, 15:43

Not going to post a full review yet, since I'm currently holidaying in Warsaw!

Best songs of the album were 'Your Barbie Girl' (hot contender for best song of the decade, IMO) and 'The Race is the Game'. I'm still warming up to the other songs, so I'm sure I'll have more to say about the rest later on when I take the Vicky Vale song off constant loop!

There really aren't any bad songs on the album (at face value anyway), but the Ester song in particular nearly put me to fucking sleep.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 10 Jul 2010, 19:26

I think this might actually be my favorite CD of the 200's so far. That's pretty ironic, since I was originally planning on buying only the best tracks at first, like 204, but then I decided why not go for the whole thing. I think everything is at least fairly good; some tracks are definitely better than others, but the major standouts make it a truly worthwhile release.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 10 Jul 2010, 20:32

the_ditz wrote:Kiss My Boo Boo is just ridiculous - a complete waste of album space in my opinion. Sinclaire is still going with his hyper-beefy kick drum, which doesn't really work in this track for me - like a children's party that has suddenly been taken over by an underground rave DJ!
While I agree that the kick drum is too much rave-sounding, I think it's a rather good song. I also like the slower songs like Sarah, Radiorama, Cyro and David Dima. Nice album.

Air
Euro To B

Post by Air » 10 Jul 2010, 20:39

I was actually surprised when I listened to ''take a look in my heart'' by Desire. This is a really good version, especially the Healing Version.

But there's one thing I'd like to know: why is Laurent Gelmetti credited for this track? This is a EuroGrooves track, not a DELTA one. Can somebody explain this?
Smile :-)

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 10 Jul 2010, 20:45

Air wrote:I was actually surprised when I listened to ''take a look in my heart'' by Desire. This is a really good version, especially the Healing Version.

But there's one thing I'd like to know: why is Laurent Gelmetti credited for this track? This is a EuroGrooves track, not a DELTA one. Can somebody explain this?
It's a remake of Jilly - Take A Look In My Heart on Time Records from 1992. Gelmetti worked at Time Records back then :grin:
I'm used to the old version which was sung by Clara Moroni, so this new version sounds a bit odd to me.

Air
Euro To B

Post by Air » 10 Jul 2010, 20:57

Ah thanks for the explaination, I'm used to the version by Vanity so this doesn't sound that odd to me. Is there a way to listen to a sample of Clara Moroni's version of Take A Look In My Heart ?

Edit: nevermind, I found out this song is on my Super Eurobeat 180 CD so I got a chance to listen to it. Clara's vocals sound really strange to me in this song.
Smile :-)

Faarben
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Faarben » 11 Jul 2010, 00:19

So, whose vocals are in "Take A Look In My Heart" by Desire? Really sounds like Elena Ferretti. It's much better than her Vanity's version.

BTW. Hi Everybody,
Greetings from Poland :)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Jul 2010, 02:19

Faarben wrote:So, whose vocals are in "Take A Look In My Heart" by Desire? Really sounds like Elena Ferretti. It's much better than her Vanity's version.

BTW. Hi Everybody,
Greetings from Poland :)
Hi there!
Last edited by Lebon14 on 11 Jul 2010, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Jul 2010, 10:34

hey faarben welcome aboard. Lots of love to your signature and avatar. Elena is my favourite female vocalist of all TIME-

Faarben
So, whose vocals are in "Take A Look In My Heart" by Desire? Really sounds like Elena Ferretti. It's much better than her Vanity's version.
That has to be Elena on vocals. it's funny, but I think the song should have been credited to Linda, since that's Elena's alias when she sings Disco style. Hence Phil & Linda.

I'm also used to the Clara sung original. The way I see it is that maybe Elena has always wanted to do vocals for this song. Now she has 4 different versions to call her own.

This new disco version is really warming up to me. Love the outro.