Eurobeat atrocities

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 22 Jul 2010, 22:17

I for one enioyed the Ester track. It's by no means the best GGM song of recent times, and it pales in comparison to the almighty Good Love & Mystery in my eyes, but it is by no means the worst track on SEB 205. For that honour, look no further than the atrociously named Mom & Dad *shudder*

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Jul 2010, 22:48

the_ditz
I for one enioyed the Ester track. It's by no means the best GGM song of recent times, and it pales in comparison to the almighty Good Love & Mystery in my eyes, but it is by no means the worst track on SEB 205. For that honour, look no further than the atrociously named Mom & Dad *shudder*
So it's safe to say that NOBODY LOVES IT LIKE YOU DO? :P

I agree wholeheartedly that it's one of the worst Eurobeat trax ever. Even Sticky, Tricky & Bang had more imagination. The ironic thing about about that Ester track, is that it's so forgetable, that I probobly won't even remeber it it enuff to make my worst of the year list.

GGMs better come up with some marvelous track to make up for that Atrocity. What's up with Mega NRG Man? I feel they are just sitting on some awesome talent there. Or has he migrated with Dima for good :???:

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 22 Jul 2010, 22:57

Yeah, I don't think Ester's song is great, but it's still a good track overall. The vocals are well-done and the production is nice and rich, as usual for GGM.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 22 Jul 2010, 23:12

the_ditz wrote:I for one enioyed the Ester track. It's by no means the best GGM song of recent times, and it pales in comparison to the almighty Good Love & Mystery in my eyes, but it is by no means the worst track on SEB 205. For that honour, look no further than the atrociously named Mom & Dad *shudder*
For me, Mom & Dad is well up there with 'Toy for Love' in terms of quality. You can't deny that the recent SinclaireStyle songs have been very creative and imaginative, even though some of them may not rub you the right way. I've been quite vocal about how I've absolutely abhorred just about all of Sinclaire's songs since the 140s; however, I'm only just beginning to see sparks fly from the label. I can tell that Sinclaire is inspired and I reckon we'll be hearing more imaginative productions from him over the coming months. Same with HRG.

GGM, on the other hand, seems to be falling backwards. Is it true that all of GGM's recent songs on SEB are from the older part of their catalogue? If so, I can tell why they were rejected or brushed aside the first time around. Ester should've stayed locked away, never to see the light of day. And as for the "nice and rich" production of the Ester song? All I can say is... ROFL!

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 23 Jul 2010, 00:58

Jay wrote:And as for the "nice and rich" production of the Ester song? All I can say is... ROFL!
Yeah, well compare that production to that of most of A-Beat C's material from SEB 176-186. At least Ester's song has a firm, compressed beat and the synths don't sound nearly as slushy as, say, People Like Dancing. Granted, it's not exceptionally-produced, but it's still well-rounded enough and definitely isn't attrocious, as it apparently is in your case.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Jul 2010, 08:28

Megan188
Yeah, well compare that production to that of most of A-Beat C's material from SEB 176-186. At least Ester's song has a firm, compressed beat and the synths don't sound nearly as slushy as, say, People Like Dancing. Granted, it's not exceptionally-produced, but it's still well-rounded enough and definitely isn't attrocious, as it apparently is in your case.
LOL! I can easily name 10 songs from that era that are way better than all of Ester's songs combined. It's probobly a matter of personal opinion, but everything Dave sang on; including his duets, instantly rubbed me the right way.

BTW, I made mistake earlier thinking My heart Goes Boom Boom was Ester, while infact the crap song I had in mind was My Lucky Star ,which was 10 x better than Ester's entry on 205. I think the problem with her songs is that she hasn't found her own sound and relies too much on Domino's style, but way inferior , therefore her songs make no impact and are soon forgotten. That's my guess anyway.

:???:

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 23 Jul 2010, 08:40

the_ditz wrote:I for one enioyed the Ester track. It's by no means the best GGM song of recent times, and it pales in comparison to the almighty Good Love & Mystery in my eyes, but it is by no means the worst track on SEB 205. For that honour, look no further than the atrociously named Mom & Dad *shudder*
No really, I also enjoyed this song too. 205 didn't have any outright bad songs......alright who am I kidding, the J-Euro remixes steal that crown every album.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 23 Jul 2010, 09:39

Jay wrote:Wow, now that's saying something. Does anybody like the Ester song? I saw one person in the SEB205 thread give it a half-decent rating... Geez, what were they smoking when they listened to it?

Definitely the worst of the decade for me so far (even worse than IKTES). What's going on with GGM lately?
What were you smoking when you listened to it then ?

It's time to look harder, Aside from one person giving it a half decent grade (And smoking something I guess ...), There's also me who declared this the best song GGM released this decade, There's also one or two who listed the song in the average range, So what's it gonna be ? Nobody likes the song even if there's people who likes the song ?

Then again, There's always Plan B, Know what's that ? Turn a blind eye to everyone who likes the song and continue bashing on it pretending that they don't exist while holding your fellow haters high on the platform.

Jay wrote:For me, Mom & Dad is well up there ... blah blah blah
I agree with this one, The rest ? ROLF. :D :D :D
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 23 Jul 2010, 17:04

There's also me who declared this the best song GGM released this decade
I think that there are more subjective reasons to make a number of
ppl passing on Ester here( than those for the actual faults with the tune itself). GGM chick Aishu style sounds perhaps a bit too weird for ppl who like A beat C or Eurogrooves aishu. This song could have benefited
from more natural/classical aishu arrangement, and it is also true that
production could do better with more oomph factor for an extended mix.

Still, it is a decent tune overall. Nice prod with only minor faults,
vocal style is nice, melody is solid. Chorus could've been stronger,
but it is good. Verses are great. Riff is great. Intro is.. unusual..

It is really my favorite song on this SEB and I keep it on in my current best playlist.

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 23 Jul 2010, 18:11

WNight wrote:I agree with this one, The rest ? ROLF. :D :D :D
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 23 Jul 2010, 18:52

Jay wrote:For me, Mom & Dad is well up there ... blah blah blah

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 23 Jul 2010, 21:23

ryosuke63 wrote:
WNight wrote:I agree with this one, The rest ? ROLF. :D :D :D
...suddenly the Edo Boys have competition...?
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Jul 2010, 22:18

See The face on that cartoon. That' was my exact same look when I read this comment.

zoupzuop2
...suddenly the Edo Boys have competition...?
What in the world does DELTA, Nando and EDO boys have to do with this topic :???:

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 23 Jul 2010, 23:25

drnrg wrote:What in the world does DELTA, Nando and EDO boys have to do with this topic :???:
The guy in the picture, Rolf (from Ed Edd 'N Eddy), always calls the Eds "Ed Boys", so "Edo Boys" is a take off pun of that.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Jul 2010, 23:49

thanks Meagan. I would have probobly died not ever knowing that. :(

and here I thought ROLF meant rolling on lawn farting