Super Eurobeat 206

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 03 Aug 2010, 14:11

Extends are now up on Itunes JP.

Interestingly, The singer of Me & You is listed as the Dog Ears, I wonder who is that.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 03 Aug 2010, 17:04

I still think that most of Dima's new songs are still good, although he uses some sounds too many times. I don't want to hear that ear-killing sharp hi-hat he's been using in all his songs of the past 10 years anymore :evil:

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Aug 2010, 18:06

WNight wrote:Extends are now up on Itunes JP.

Interestingly, The singer of Me & You is listed as the Dog Ears, I wonder who is that.
Haha, yeah I just noticed that too - must be Ace's weekend name :P

Listening to the songs now - I love new SEB release day!! :grin:

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 04 Aug 2010, 04:59

Wow, It's Like A Fire is surprisingly great now that I hear the whole track! I love the synth hook, and the melodic atmosphere is really fresh and interesting overall.

Still listening to the album right now, but I'll post some more impressions once I'm done.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 04 Aug 2010, 09:28

Neat album overall, No flops, Which is a good thing.

There's two songs here that had me totally sold, Something I haven't got for quite a while now. Shall post more after looping 206 further.
Last edited by WNight on 04 Aug 2010, 12:42, edited 4 times in total.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Air
Euro To B

Post by Air » 04 Aug 2010, 09:55

1. AAA - Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride [SCP Eurobeat Mix]
8/10

2. The Snake - Freedom Ride
6/10

3. Kaioh - It's Like A Fire
9/10

4. Louise - Screaming Out The Power
8/10

5. Garcon - On The Top Again
9/10

6. Nathalie - Remember Why I Love You
7/10

7. Powerful T. - Louder & Faster
9/10

8. Momo - Flash & Love
7/10

9. Michelle Rose - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
10/10

10. Kate Project - In My Arms
6/10

11. Ace - Me & You
10/10

12. Aleky - Labyrinth Of Love
10/10

13. TRF - Boy Meets Girl [GoGo's Mix]
6/10

14. Dave Rodgers - Music For The People [Rock Mix]
8/10

Excellent album!
Smile :-)

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 04 Aug 2010, 19:12

Overall, this album has a lot of great songs, but none of them are really among my favorites of the decade so far. By a slim margin, my favorite tracks are probably Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (Eurobeat Remix), I'll Remember Why I Love You, and In My Arms. I also quite enjoyed Freedom Ride, It's Like A Fire, On The Top Again, Hard To Say I'm Sorry, Me & You, and Labyrinth of Love.

There are also some definite weak entries here as well, too. Louder & Faster is absolutely terrible, largely because it has some of the worst production I've heard in a eurobeat song in a long time. It's almost as bad as People Like Dancing in that respect, I'm not joking. It just sounds really noisy, frantic, and unmusical throughout, and as a result falls flat on its face for me. Even the synth hook sounds awful in the full cut. Momo's song is really dull and generic, while the only thing that makes the otherwise boring Boy Meets Girl (Gogo Mix) okay is the production. Music For The People (Rock Mix) is just a sloppy mess of a rock rendition that sounds like it had potential but was executed really poorly. The music sounds really overpowering, very much similar to Louder & Faster, and the vocalwork by Dave is surprisingly horrendous.

Overall, I'd say this is a pretty strong SEB, but it definitely has its share of songs to skip.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 04 Aug 2010, 20:46

Been looping this since last night, and so far my most played tracks are:

Labyrinth of Love
In My Arms
On The Top Again
Hard To Say I'm Sorry
Freedom Ride

Labyrinth of Love is - perhaps unexpectedly - my favourite track so far. I was a little unsure about it at first - for me, this track is for Dima Music what I Won't Fall Apart was for SCP, and that is a clear attempt at moving into a much more pop-inspired direction. I adore the wispy "magic flute" hook, and the growling synth bass riffs through the verse really add to the mystical feel of the song. The only thing that I'm irritated at so far is the fact that Aleky's pronunciation makes a lot of the lyrics almost impossible to understand!

I love the way In My Arms builds gradually through the intro so that when the beat and the main hook drops, it has that little bit of added sparkle. I also love the vocal delivery - very Eurodance-inspired. This is probably the song that has been stuck in my head the most and that I find myself involuntarily singing in work!

The two best Hi-NRG Attack tracks are Hard To Say I'm Sorry and On The Top Again. The former is just awesome in every way - I strongly feel that it will become one of my top 10 tracks of the decade to be honest. I just adore the vocal melody, and the overall innocence of the production. The piano adds that extra bit of polish to the experience - for me, it's the best Hi-NRG Attack song released on SEB since...well, in a very long time! On The Top Again is slightly more generic, but I love the hook and it seems to benefit from the fact that we are getting more slow tracks from the label nowadays. It's by no means a classic however, and I expect it to drop of my repeat-play radar in a short while.

Freedom Ride has awesome energy and power, from the agressive chord riffs to the guitar hook. For me, it probably lacks some of the polish and overall powerful delivery of some of The Snake's previous tracks, but for it's the best of the SCP track here.

As for skippers, the terrible Nathalie track keeps popping up on my iPod shuffle playlist, and I have to skip it after the first 30 seconds. It's typical SinclaireStyle (which for me isn't a good thing at all), but what really ruins this track for me is the vocal delivery. There are too many phrases where the vocals fall on a steady 4th note pattern, and the way the notes are sung puts too much emphasis on the very start of the note, so you feel that you are being lectured at rather than sung to. I don't expect many people to understand this, but it really puts me off this track (plus the melodies don't seem to light my fire either).

The other tracks have all yet to make a big impression on me, but I expect Kaioh and Ace might get some more attention over the coming weeks. I understand what Megan is saying about the Powerful T. track - the production - especially in the verse - just has all this messy background noise going on that is quite unsettling. Having said, I do still find the chorus and hook annoyingly catchy, so it will probably not end up in my bottom 3 of this album.

Overall, another good album - probably among the top half of the pile if you consider the 6 new releases in the 200's. 8)

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 05 Aug 2010, 02:33

Okay, as much as I really like the song, Labyrinth of Love kind of doesn't belong on this album. It turns out that it's not just a song with a prominent eurodance feel, but that it is a eurodance song! Putting aside the very eurodancy production elements of the track, the song structure itself totally deviates from the usual eurobeat formula. It doesn't even have a proper synth hook, which at least songs like Little Lies and In My Arms have. Alhough I'd actually call the latter eurodance more than I'd call it eurobeat, Labyrinth of Love, in my opinion, is 100% eurodance and 0% eurobeat. The track sounds like it would have a lot of potential if it were marketed outside of the Super Eurobeat, but here I think it sounds a bit too different to feel in-place with the context of the rest of the album (although there still is the rock version of Music For The People). If anything though, I guess SEB is pretty much Dima's only real way to promote it.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 Aug 2010, 06:27

Megan188
Okay, as much as I really like the song, Labyrinth of Love kind of doesn't belong on this album. It turns out that it's not just a song with a prominent eurodance feel, but that it is a eurodance song! Putting aside the very eurodancy production elements of the track, the song structure itself totally deviates from the usual eurobeat formula. It doesn't even have a proper synth hook, which at least songs like Little Lies and In My Arms have. Alhough I'd actually call the latter eurodance more than I'd call it eurobeat, Labyrinth of Love, in my opinion, is 100% eurodance and 0% eurobeat. The track sounds like it would have a lot of potential if it were marketed outside of the Super Eurobeat, but here I think it sounds a bit too different to feel in-place with the context of the rest of the album (although there still is the rock version of Music For The People). If anything though, I guess SEB is pretty much Dima's only real way to promote it.
I finally agree with you. Only the Chorus has that aggressive feel to it and has the NRG I expected,(love the drums right before the chorus) but the rest sounds like Lady gaga doing Eurodance or somthing. There is one part right after the second chorus that kinda sounds like it was pulled out of a Giorgio Moroder song, but that's all the Eurobeat I sense from that song. It's even less Eurobeat than Stephy's song. That said, it's not a bad song at all. It's actually pretty damn epic, but it's not Eurobeat.Anyway, Another song that screams Eurodance is Ace, but I'm Not feeling that one at all.:(

BTW, If any of you recall The Ken Laszlo song on 21st Century(Saifam) label. It also had a cool sounding flute for the riff 8)

Now Michelle Rose....TREMENDOUZ song for HRG Attack. Even better Cy-ro's effort on the previous cd. That one does to me what Vanessa- Eternity did for me years ago.

I'll see what the rest of the trax do for me throughout the weekend, but right now I'm really putting HRG Attack's songs on heavy rotation.

top 5 at the moment, but subect to change.

1. Hard To Say I'm Sorry(contender for song of the year)
2. On The Top Again
3. Labyrinth of Love(not eurobeat, but epic production)
4. Screaming Out The Power
5. Louder & Faster(yes, I'm digging it)

Nice album, but at this point I'm really starting to long for some Eurogrooves and DELTA

ilovesynthmusic
Bad Bad Bad

best and worst songs on 206

Post by ilovesynthmusic » 05 Aug 2010, 18:20

First off, before I give my opinions on the following songs, I am a guy who has listened to almost every eurobeat series out there. Eurobeat fantasy, that's eurobeat, euromach, europanic, euroflash, hinrg revolution maharaja night, super eurobeat, super eurobeat beatfreak volumes, samantha gilles' albums, even listened to all and thoroughly enjoyed the HI-NRG eurodance productions by Saifam, such as that's euro/hi-nrg series, dance on the web series. So knowing that, here are my opinions on some of the best and worst songs on SEB 206:

"Hard to say I'm sorry" has such a cool riff, I love how it brings back all the 80's sound back to life which was missing in alot of the newer Eurobeat songs these days. loving all the chime sounds in the song!! This song is total revival of good old style Eurobeat! Best song so far out of any of the 200 volume series.

2nd best song on the album is Kaioh's "It's like a fire". it def gives me energy. not much more to say, i just like it.

Worst song on the album:

Aleky - Labrynth of Love

This song just sucks so bad, because it sounds like Britney Spears pop music. What the heck is such a song doing on this album? And if this song is any indication of what future Eurobeat songs are going to turn into, I'd rather slit my wrists. This song is exactly the type of music I can't stand listening to on the radio, and I love Eurobeat mainly because it DOESN'T sound like stuff on the radio, but this song just sucks so bad. The actual quality of the instrumentals on the song are good and all, that I can tell you, but the fact that is it on a Eurobeat album really disappoints me...Change can be good sometimes, but this is just......a molestation to Eurobeat. And Dima has been making my favourite songs in the last little while too, which surprised me when this little bugger popped up. I don't understand why Avex would let this song on the album, but not allow the rejected songs that are SOOOO MUCH BETTER on the Dima website. those songs need to be released, pronto, because from what i hear on those samples, i need to buy them ASAP!

Anyway, moving on to my 2nd little complaint...Ace's "Me and U" is runner up for 2nd worst song. Not as popish as Aleky's since at least Ace's song has a riff, but the riff has more of a Eurodance sound to it, not Eurobeat. Ace has a nice voice production overall, however the way that the vocals are sung, do not fit Eurobeat, since it lacks the Hi-NRG sound, such as use of strong repitition, and high and low and high vocal tones. This song's vocals are sung in way that sounds more like stuff you hear on the radio nowadays. POP. It completely doesn't give me that "high" feeling I love so much from Eurobeat and Italo-Disco.

Honorable mentions: Kate Project - In my arms. This song sounds good, it's kinda and old school feeling, almost kinda eurodance, but still def eurobeat because of how it was changed from the original wildside's version.

Momo - Flash & Love. Are the vocals in this song done by Anne Lee, aka Annerely Gordon? I know she did the vocal work for Eurodance project Whigfield, as well as alot of voice work for Saifam's eurodance projects, among many other projects. It kinda sounds like her to me...Anyway, nothing too special, but not a bad song at all. Nice flowing melody, and nice flowing riff.

Powerful T - Louder and Faster. Very good melody, and good chorus, I just don't dig the awful sounding riff. The rest of the song is very good though.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 05 Aug 2010, 18:52

I've listened to a few tracks so far in the album and I'm still working on my feels towards it.

Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride's synths are totally in line with a Kiki & Fancy production...silly, crazy, and wild. I've listened to the original version of the song and like it much more because the vocals didn't sound like chipmunks. I'd give it a 10 just for the fun synths, but a 5 or so for the way the vocals worked out in the production.

On Fire is my favourite track thus far. Kaioh's vocals seemed to have improved since 191. The vocals, synths, and overall production guarantee this a spot on my top of 20X songs...

LoL (Labyrinth of Love) is just another europop/dance track, imho. It's a superb song, but doesn't fit in the series (although, Stephy's most recent song didn't either, but great nonetheless!!).

You & Me reminds me of 90s dance music somehow. Ace has a great voice and I enjoyed the sabi very much!

My major complaint Sinclaire's song...here's how I feel about his productions: his hyper techno stuff is the shit and gets better with time (listen to IN2's Fright Night...awesome sabi and synth lines!), but his eurobeat work is such a roller coaster ride (hehe). The synth and vocal work sound uninspired this time around, but maybe I have a high standard with Nathalie since her great "Live It Up" on 201.

Finally--and the harshest--Dave...please stop with the rock mixs of good eurobeat songs. I think I have a little stroke each time I hear a new one. As well, stop with the racing themed songs. The Race is Game, The Race is Over...now it'll be, The Race is Boring next. Give Powerful T better lyrics than cars and zoom zoom! Go back to the inspiring days with songs like Over the Rainbow, FITWOD, and Original Sin, please! BTW, when are we going to hear other female artists besides Futura, Mickey B, and Karen (and no, not unearthed "it's oldschool" Karen...) from Sun Fire Records? I'd actually like to hear Annalise OR Monique nowadays

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 05 Aug 2010, 19:56

para_rigby wrote:Finally--and the harshest--Dave...please stop with the rock mixs of good eurobeat songs. I think I have a little stroke each time I hear a new one. As well, stop with the racing themed songs. The Race is Game, The Race is Over...now it'll be, The Race is Boring next. Give Powerful T better lyrics than cars and zoom zoom! Go back to the inspiring days with songs like Over the Rainbow, FITWOD, and Original Sin, please! BTW, when are we going to hear other female artists besides Futura, Mickey B, and Karen (and no, not unearthed "it's oldschool" Karen...) from Sun Fire Records? I'd actually like to hear Annalise OR Monique nowadays
Hasn't A-Beat C gone out of business? Everything you hear from the label now is supposedly from like 2008. Dave is pretty much only working at Sun Fire Records nowadays, if I'm correct.

So far, it really looks like I'm going to be the only person aside from Javy (if even him) who likes the SinclaireStlye song. I wouldn't be surprised if most people compared it to Leonardi's material from the 150's, to be honest (though I actually enjoyed quite a few of those songs). I guess I just happen to love the synth hook + production of I'll Remember Why I Love You, and I happen to really like the tone of Nathalie's vocals.

Air
Euro To B

Post by Air » 05 Aug 2010, 22:59

Lol @ IN MY ARMS :P

Lead vocalist sings in intro:
In my arms my love, I will never get away

while the back vocalist sings:
In my arms my love, YOU will never get away

That's a very odd mistake!!
VERY odd!!
Smile :-)

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 06 Aug 2010, 01:31

Kate Project / In My Arms has to be my favorite song from the 200s so far. Finally, an amazing Eurobeat song to obsess over that isn't from GoGo's Music! :P
Air wrote:Lol @ IN MY ARMS :P

Lead vocalist sings in intro:
In my arms my love, I will never get away

while the back vocalist sings:
In my arms my love, YOU will never get away

That's a very odd mistake!!
VERY odd!!
Though I will admit this mistake is really awkward to listen to, especially with the distinct emphasis on "YOU" in the back vocals. It's amazing this was missed O_o