Super Eurobeat 206

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 06 Aug 2010, 01:53

Air wrote:Lol @ IN MY ARMS

Lead vocalist sings in intro:
In my arms my love, I will never get away

while the back vocalist sings:
In my arms my love, YOU will never get away

That's a very odd mistake!!
VERY odd!!
Yep, and what makes it worse is that it's SO noticeable. I cringe every time I hear it. Even though I love the rest of 'In My Arms' to the point that it could've been my favourite song on the album, that odd mistake prevented it from taking the crown. Shame.

Now, my thoughts on the other songs... 'Louder & Faster' sounds like a complete joke. Are Avex serious? I don't think I even need to mention what's wrong with it. How could this make it on SEB? Surely there's heaps better stuff in A-Beat C's back catalogue...

'It's Like A Fire' is nearly as bad as the sample made it out to be. The only redeeming factor is the synth hook, but that's it. Unfortunately, a decent synth hook by itself doesn't make a great song. I have no idea what's going on here. There's no edge, no energy, vocals are nigh incomprehensible due to the constant overlapping in the verses, and the entire feel of the song is too feminine for Kaioh's own good. Sounds like a soggy estrogenic mess. GGM seriously needs to fix this problem with their male songs. Heck, even their female songs sound too feminine these days. All I can say to GGM is thank god 'Louder & Faster' saved you from taking out the wooden spoon yet again.

Nice to see that HRG are improving slightly. The best of three is 'On The Top Again', which is funny since I thought this was going to be one of the worst songs on the album based on the samples (along with Kaioh). There's one thing about this song that I absolutely love, and it's such a small thing, but the end of the riff doesn't ascend like HRG's riffs normally do! It's a solid HRG production that sounds very much like their earlier material that I loved. My only complaint is that it's a tad too long, but at least I can get through it without skipping. I really don't care much for Michelle Rose's 'Hard to Say I'm Sorry'. The production is fantastic and ticks all the right boxes for me, but HRG really need better female vocalists to carry out a song like this. Although the song was ruined by the amateurish vocalwork, it's still one of HRG's better songs in the last few years. 'Screaming Out The Power' is too generic for my liking.

SCP are struggling to make their presence known on this album in light of Saifam's gem and HRG's vast improvements. I've heard songs like 'Freedom Ride' many times before, and the previous times The Snake has attempted a song like this were done much better, in my opinion. There's no reason for me to return to that song after the first listen. I adore Momo's song though; sounds like it was produced during the early 180s, and I thought that was one of SCP's strongest points in SEB history. I'm not feeling 'Me & You' just yet, but it has potential to grow on me.

That leaves three songs. 'Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride' is quirky and fun, but perhaps too much that it detracts from the replay value. I'm always after something with a bit more edge than this. The track length is also incredibly short, which takes me off guard every time. As for 'I'll Remember Why I Love You', I enjoyed it, strangely enough. It sounds like a Delta song taken from the 140s-160s (and everybody should know by now how much I hated Delta during that period), but sped up, which I think made all the difference. It's not the shining star of SinclaireStyle's catalogue but it's pleasant to listen to. And, finally, my favourite song on the album... 'Labyrinth of Love'! Perfectly produced and Aleky sounds just as great as she did in 'Eternity'. Who cares if it's eurodancey? People always seem to get into this ridiculous debate every other album. Just accept the song for what it is, rather than worry about if it belongs. It's here on SEB206, so Avex obviously thought so.

Top 3:
  1. Aleky - Labyrinth of Love
  2. Kate Project - In My Arms
  3. Garcon - On The Top Again
Bottom 3:
  1. Powerful T. - Louder & Faster
  2. Kaioh - It's Like A Fire
  3. Louise - Screaming Out The Power

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Aug 2010, 02:22

Guess I'm the only one liking Louder & Faster :???: I especially like that breakdown and the emphasis on the kickdrum. The Riff is really buisy souding, but I like it. It could have had a more epic feel to it, with a bit less layering, but it's still a solid song.

besides that rollercoaster mess and the Boy Meets Girl cover, The cd really doesn't have any bad songs. The one I'm kinda split on would have to be In My Arms. The song is good, but the vocals don't do a thing for me. She adds a more energy to the feeling than mosrt Eurodance songs, but she still has that same tone they all had back in the 90s.

SCP did allright on this cd. At the moment and for the lack of Eurogrooves, them and HRG Attack dominate my playlists, If they wanna keep up with HRG Attack, they better add a minuet or so to their songs.

I got no problem with Aleky, since the production is good Dima quality. Still in my top 5 after one day. 8)

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 06 Aug 2010, 02:51

drnrg wrote:Guess I'm the only one liking Louder & Faster :???: I especially like that breakdown and the emphasis on the kickdrum. The Riff is really buisy souding, but I like it. It could have had a more epic feel to it, with a bit less layering, but it's still a solid song.
You will never be alone on liking a Powerful T song LOL. Roberto Tiranti can do no wrong. I guess "Me & You" are the only people who can appreciate this but I can see why people won't like it, It's a fully testoterone charged song with all sorts of crazy sounds being thrown in, Maybe almost as chaotic as "Cataclysm Night", Think those who didn't like that wouldn't like L & F. Besides the breakdown, What did you think of the intro ? I thought it was pretty damn awesome.

Moving on,

Top 5 so far :

Louder & Faster (Top song of the year and may very well be one of the best eurobeat in a long time)
Labyrinth Of Love
Freedom Ride
On The Top Again
Screaming Out The Power

Louder & Faster is that kind of song that only appears one of every hundred good songs, Yah, I don't wanna say it myself but it's way better than remotely every Dave Rodgers song out there. From the intro to the outro, Everything pretty much did it for me. More on that later but for now, It's going to go down as one of my favourite eurobeat ever.

Labyrinth Of Love is pretty much the total opposite of Louder & Faster in terms of features but still makes for a very good song that would also become one of my favourite eurobeat tracks ever.

Biggest surprise of the album = Screaming out the power, Very nice melody there. Never thought that a female HRG track could beat "In Your Car" but hey, There it is, This.

As for the Rock Mix of Music For The People, Whatever happened to Dave's vocals here ? I can barely hear whatever he's saying and his vocals here sounds a lot more ruggish than how he normally would. Didn't exactly got what I wanted but that's just life I guess.

End for now, One of the best CDs this decade. Well worth the money.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

ledwix
Bad Bad Bad

Post by ledwix » 06 Aug 2010, 04:37

Are you sure it's a mistake?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 06 Aug 2010, 04:55

drnrg wrote:Guess I'm the only one liking Louder & Faster :???:
I'm not hating that song. It's quite good.

More details on an upcoming review. Whenever I have the time to write it up.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 06 Aug 2010, 07:01

WNight wrote:Louder & Faster (Top song of the year and may very well be one of the best eurobeat in a long time)
I'm having a hard time telling if you're being serious or not.

There's no cohesion in the structure of that Powerful T. song and too much all over the place shit. All it is is a rambunctious and cacophonic explosion of supersonic sounds and effects tossed into one that gulps up the incredibly bad vocals (what you can hear of it, anyway). How can you even call that a song? Tell me.

I'm not sure what I hate more. A song that nearly made my ears bleed (Powerful T.) or a song that acted as a powerful anaesthetic and sent me into a deep sleep (Ester). There'll be some hot competition for my worst song of the decade, for sure.

What's with this chaotic/warped effect that many eurobeat labels seem to be using these days in general (not just 'Louder & Faster', but 'Cataclysm Night' too)? It's clearly turning people away from the genre more than it draws them in. If I introduced somebody to the genre with a song like 'Louder & Faster', I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to listen to any other eurobeat ever again. Heck, it even made me question why I'm still listening to the genre for a moment.

ledwix
Bad Bad Bad

Post by ledwix » 06 Aug 2010, 08:11

Agreed, Jay. The melody is sung too high to sound good. And it's just incoherent overall.

I feel like the female side of the genre is putting up higher quality stuff these days. Or maybe I just am partial to them.

Top 3:
In My Arms
Flash & Love
Labyrinth Of Love

Bottom 3:
Music For The People
Hard To Say I'm Sorry
Boy Meets Girl

Heh, looks like people's opinions vary vastly in the field of eurobeat. I haven't had much interaction with eurobeat fans in my life, so it's interesting to see people's opinions. For most of my eurobeat experience it has taken the backstage as a mood-setter for Initial D playing. Now for the first time I see the genre as something that is a good in itself.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 06 Aug 2010, 09:02

Did you noticed Powerful T. got the Sun Fire records label? Also Dave`s `rock mix` of m.f.t.p. got the new label. At the back of the cd there are both labels, ABeat-C and Sun Fire. Is this only a name changing of the label? All previous releases now changed to Sun Fire (like with Sinclaire`s songs)?

Other thing, it is old story but still kills me, booklet says: Produced and mixed at Factory Sound Studios Italy. Asia Records / The Saifam Group.
And, they put the 3B Boom Boom Beat label there!!! I say this is a mistake!
These songs has no business with 3B label. Stupids.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

Air
Euro To B

Post by Air » 06 Aug 2010, 10:01

Let me tell you this, why do people still think that there is one kind of Eurobeat. And even worse, if it's not the ''pure'' Eurobeat they say it should be it immediately gets rated worse because in their opinion it's not Eurobeat. Eurobeat has many different styles, Hi-BPM, Chaotic, Aggressive, Crazy (HRG), Low-BPM, Aishu, EuroDance style, Trance style. Accept Eurobeat the way it is and the way it is evolving. Labyrinth Of Love is a masterpiece because it clearly shows the versatility of the genre. This is just what I wanted to tell, put that ''pure'' Eurobeat out of your mind, and be open for new refreshing tracks instead of nagging about any song that doesn't come close to the kind of songs we had back in the golden years.
Smile :-)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Aug 2010, 10:39

Jay
What's with this chaotic/warped effect that many eurobeat labels seem to be using these days in general (not just 'Louder & Faster', but 'Cataclysm Night' too)? It's clearly turning people away from the genre more than it draws them in. If I introduced somebody to the genre with a song like 'Louder & Faster', I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to listen to any other eurobeat ever again. Heck, it even made me question why I'm still listening to the genre for a moment.
You just answered your own question, with the words Choatic/warped. Isn't that how the label itself describes it's own music? Anyway, it's clear that the Powerful T. song might leave behind a lot of listeners, but think about it; The tru progression of Eurobeat would in fact be going in that direction. Louder,faster,and even more aggressive than before. This sound is the exact opposite of the slower more poppy sounds some lables, like Dima and SCP are expirimenting with. Songs like Louder & Faster, Take This Way and Cataclysm Night are what I would call Eurobeat to the new extreme.

WNight
What did you think of the intro ?
oh fuggetaboutit, I can't even describe the intro. It's almost like Night Of Fire style ,but played on a choatic like key, not melodic, but at the same tone giving it an epic meloncholic feeling. At this point ,the listener is either being absorbed in these very soudworlds wondering what direction the song will take or pondering of wether or not to press the skip button? It's really a question if you are ready for the next level of aggressive Eurobeat or not? Anyways, That softer synth right before the riff gave me a feeling as if it was puposely being used as a misleading cue, so as to completely throw off the listener and catch us off guard once the hyper chaotic riff kicks in. The effect will either leave you behind or put you right insych with the song's vibe. I believe Pasquinni and Tirranti put alot of hours into the thought process of this song. It's eveident that they weren't playing around and every effect plays a major part in the song's composition. You either love it, or you don't. Or better yet ,you either get it ,or you don't.

If Louder & Faster is indeed Sun Fire's opening catalog number, than Pasquinni has hit the target with an aptly titled and epic song.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 06 Aug 2010, 13:57

drnrg wrote:You just answered your own question, with the words Choatic/warped. Isn't that how the label itself describes it's own music?
Sun Fire? I don't know enough about them, but I very much doubt it. HRG? No; I think they call their own music "wacky" and "crazy." And, yes, there is a difference. Calling a song "chaotic" is hardly complimentary.
drnrg wrote:Anyway, it's clear that the Powerful T. song might leave behind a lot of listeners, but think about it; The tru progression of Eurobeat would in fact be going in that direction. Louder,faster,and even more aggressive than before. This sound is the exact opposite of the slower more poppy sounds some lables, like Dima and SCP are expirimenting with. Songs like Louder & Faster, Take This Way and Cataclysm Night are what I would call Eurobeat to the new extreme.
Interesting. Weren't you saying in the other thread that aggressive eurobeat is dying and not going anywhere?

Anyway, I seriously hope this is not the direction that aggressive eurobeat is headed in. I'm not happy with the current state of aggressive eurobeat by any means, but personally, I don't think sheer chaos like 'Louder & Faster' is the way to go. What kind of new listeners will that draw in to the genre? Not many; it'll probably scare them all away. That would be going against Avex's new philosophy of bringing eurobeat back to its roots to try and draw in new listeners, which I think is the right move. You'd probably beg to differ but I can't see how songs like 'Louder & Faster' are healthy for the future of eurobeat.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 06 Aug 2010, 14:40

Jay wrote:
WNight wrote:Louder & Faster (Top song of the year and may very well be one of the best eurobeat in a long time)
I'm having a hard time telling if you're being serious or not.

There's no cohesion in the structure of that Powerful T. song and too much all over the place shit. All it is is a rambunctious and cacophonic explosion of supersonic sounds and effects tossed into one that gulps up the incredibly bad vocals (what you can hear of it, anyway). How can you even call that a song? Tell me.
Believe me, I am very serious, Thanks for the concern. :wink:

I question myself too as to why you're still listening to the genre since you have so much doubts about it. Maybe it's about time you take a break from it ? It works wonders. I won't go into too much detail about why I like L&F yet but I do agree with you that there's a lot going on in L&F but unlike you, I don't necessarily see it as negative.

As for your last question, I get what you're trying to convey here but let's be back to basics, It's really absurd to be questioning whether a song is a song or not. If a song's not a song, Then what is it ? An ape ?
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 06 Aug 2010, 17:20

Air wrote:Let me tell you this, why do people still think that there is one kind of Eurobeat. And even worse, if it's not the ''pure'' Eurobeat they say it should be it immediately gets rated worse because in their opinion it's not Eurobeat. Eurobeat has many different styles, Hi-BPM, Chaotic, Aggressive, Crazy (HRG), Low-BPM, Aishu, EuroDance style, Trance style. Accept Eurobeat the way it is and the way it is evolving. Labyrinth Of Love is a masterpiece because it clearly shows the versatility of the genre. This is just what I wanted to tell, put that ''pure'' Eurobeat out of your mind, and be open for new refreshing tracks instead of nagging about any song that doesn't come close to the kind of songs we had back in the golden years.
I don't mind variety in eurobeat at all; I think it's great when the labels experiment with different styles and apply them to make the genre more diverse and interesting. I love Nuage's earlier songs, for example, because they contain certain elements that remind me more of eurodance or even 80's italo (in You'll Never Stop Me Lovin' You) that enhance her songs' eurobeat core. The difference, for me, regarding Labyrinth of Love, is that it has no real correlation to the eurobeat genre whatsoever. It's eurodance, plain and simple. Sure, that genre may have certain similarities to eurobeat, but they're still two completely separate subgenres of dance/electronic music. I'm not trying to be close-minded or conservative about what eurobeat should be, but saying that Labyrinth of Love belongs on SEB is like saying groups like Hit'N'Hide, Aqua, and Solid Base also belong on the series. There's a difference between eurodance-influenced eurobeat and plain, vanilla eurodance, and Labyrinth of Love fits the latter. I totally love the song itself, and it is kind of a nice change of pace on the album, but I would definitely not call it "eurobeat", as pretty much the only thing that qualifies it is the fact that it's owned by Dima Records. The same type of problem occured with Renoir's track on SEB 183, as it was just a straight trance song with zero traces of eurobeat to be found anywhere.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 06 Aug 2010, 20:02

Megan188 wrote:So far, it really looks like I'm going to be the only person aside from Javy (if even him) who likes the SinclaireStlye song. I wouldn't be surprised if most people compared it to Leonardi's material from the 150's, to be honest (though I actually enjoyed quite a few of those songs). I guess I just happen to love the synth hook + production of I'll Remember Why I Love You, and I happen to really like the tone of Nathalie's vocals.
I like the song too :grin:

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 06 Aug 2010, 23:54

Super Miscellaneous Genre Vol. 1 wasn't too bad. Better than 205 for sure :p