Super Eurobeat Vol.207 -Everlasting Dance Trax-

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Sep 2010, 23:41

drnrg wrote:Lebon14
Dima again... That intro starts with your average House song but turns into that trance soundworld shortly after with a glimpse of eurobeat soundworld... Wow. XD Hopefully, the rest is clearly Eurobeat. The synth hook is pretty good. The verse is a bit weak but the bridge and chorus really compensate for that! Pretty good song overall.

8.5/10

What?????? House and Trance? Are we listening to the same song??? :? :???:
Yes we are listening the same song. The intro just have glimpse of those sounds.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Delita_chan
Euro To B

Post by Delita_chan » 12 Sep 2010, 00:22

MKwiakaku wrote:
DarkSky wrote:
Delita_chan wrote: On the plus side, I did score a new copy of Euromach 7 for 100yen...
For you it's a plus side, but it clearly shows that Eurobeat is going downhill... even when it's an old release. 100yen is about................. nothing.
That's pretty much a normal price for an used cd. ;P People have been telling me I should go to Japan to score cheap eurobeat for many years now. ;3
So sorry I'm late to the party!!!
Anyway, 100yen isn't very normal for a used CD. 100yen is reserved for the "last chance or else we're destroying this shit" kind of CD. Most of the used eurobeat CDs run about 800yen or higher, many averaging about 1400. This particular euromach I got was probably sitting on the shelf for years now.

Also, it's hard to locate reasonably priced eurobeat CDs. Hell, even some eurobeat CDs are hard to find. I usually dig up crappy stuff like non-avex CDs.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Sep 2010, 11:15

Lebon14 wrote:
Dima again... That intro starts with your average House song but turns into that trance soundworld shortly after with a glimpse of eurobeat soundworld... Wow. XD Hopefully, the rest is clearly Eurobeat. The synth hook is pretty good. The verse is a bit weak but the bridge and chorus really compensate for that! Pretty good song overall.

8.5/10

Yes we are listening the same song. The intro just have glimpse of those sounds.
For me, the fade in at the very start of the intro reminds me of backing effects found in "This Is My Life" by Euroband (the Icelandic entrant for Eurovision 2008). But more of that to follow when I postmy full review later... :P

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 12 Sep 2010, 13:59

the_ditz wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:
For me, the fade in at the very start of the intro reminds me of backing effects found in "This Is My Life" by Euroband (the Icelandic entrant for Eurovision 2008). But more of that to follow when I postmy full review later... :P
The water sound effect sounds like something straight out of a location in a game called "Beyond Good and Evil"...nerdy connection, I know... :x

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Sep 2010, 15:58

Time to start my review - I may have to do it in parts just due to time restrictions (and for the fact that I go waaaayyy in-depth with some of these tracks!)

Anyway, here goes...

01 MANUEL / LIMOUSINE (Go-Go's Music) [04:40]
Considering Manuel is now officially a Dima Music artist, this could quite possibly be his Go-Go's Music swan-song. I was more than a little concerned after hearing the sample that we were going to get an incoherent mess of ideas with no melodic flow or progression and fairly "safe" production, but within just 11 seconds of this track starting I already knew my ears were in for something special! Manuel was always at his best when he was shouting operatically and flamboyantly in the same tone as he uses during the intro of this track - the "BAAAAAA-BYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" and "GO!" really explode out of the speakers along with the crisp, sharp synth and kick drums blasts. This is a fairly short intro by GGM standards, but the track is all the better for it as it fits in with the sense of urgency and speed present throughout the rest of the song. The hook has a bit of extra bite compared to most of the GGM 190's tracks, although I'm sure that the heavy critics of GGM's newer production will still find faults in the tone and overall sound. Throughout the vocal sections of this song, I am mesmerised by the sheer depth of the layering that Oliva has created with the synths, backing vocals and effects - everything is crafted to give a rich and varied soundscape but it never overshadows the star of the show - Manuel's unique vocals. He gets to shine especially during the chorus - he may not have as mature a sound as the likes of Powerful T. in terms of the operatic stylings that they both possess, but what Manuel has that Powerful T. lacks sometimes is a great likeability and raw power. I also adore the subtle key change that is employed halfway through each of the main synth hooks here - melodically, GGM are really becoming the most experimental label of those currently on the SEB series and I for one love them for that. This track is my most-played from SEB 207, and it will fight it out with the almighty Good Love & Mystery for the best GGM track of the decade. A very fitting end to Manuel & Go-Go's partnership, and dare I say it my favourite track that he's ever released at the label. An awesome, flamboyant and explosive start to this album!
Score: 10/10

02 CHRISTINE / BIGGA BOOM (SCP) [03:58]
Thank god for this track being under the 4 minute mark, that's all I can say! In stark contrast to the last track, we now have a reject C-side from SCP's female archive that really should have been left on the shelf. It's not the style of this track that turns me off - I've really enjoyed Kiki & Fancy tracks in the past that have had a similar childish, happy-go-lucky bounce to them. Indeed, I don't even think it's Christine's vocals that irritate me the most here - although they by no means help the situation, especially considering the fact they have been hyped up even higher than normal to the point where she sounds like a helium-filled teddy bear cover in candy floss (bizarre image I know, but that's the image I get when I hear her woolly and soft vocals). No - I think the major problem here is just the fact that SCP have written a really bland and uninspiring song. The vocal stuttering in the intro does its best to make thing interesting (yawn!), but this track was doomed the moment it was written. It's dated, yes, but so are most of Sinclaire's tracks and he at least still manages to pen a classic every now and then (I'm looking at you Toy For Love!) I hate the melody, I hate the lyrics (don't even get me started on the pronunciation issues between "Boom" and "Bum") and I especially hate the really watery and half-hearted production put in by the SCP team. Now, a lot of you who know me may well dismiss this review as sour grapes because of my general dislike for Christine anyway, but the fact of the matter remains that even if my dear Pamsy had been given this song to sing, I would still feel this sense of great emptiness and nothingness towards it. Worst track on the album by a long shot, and still to this day the only track that I cannot listen to from start to finish without skipping.
Score: 1/10

03 DEJO / 1.2.3.4. FIRE! (SinclaireStyle) [05:03]
I've decided that Sinclaire should be banned from releasing any new tracks with lead female vocals, as it's clear to me that his style and passion comes alive when writing and producing for a male vocalist. I adore the warped, wailing guitar riff that we have in the intro here. I also chuckled to hear the creepy Toy For Love grunt-man making a cameo appearance counting in Dejo's "FIRE!!!" There is a nice sense of progression and a gradual build-up to the main hook in this track as more layers are added bit by bit. The hook itself is one of the best that I've heard since Sinclaire's return of the series - I love those running ascending scales used to create a sense of further progression. The vocal sections are what we have come to expect from SinclaireStyle of late. Rhythmically, they are pretty safe and they pretty much stick rigidly to the 4th notes (on and offbeat) with 8th note connectors. This gives the track a steady pace and rhythm and makes this track a good workout song in my opinion. The lyrics also somehow reinforce this sense of a steady rhythm with the repitition in lines such as "Go please go train, please go faster". Another nice touch comes in the shape of the "oooohhh-ohhhhh" sections during the main synth hook - I love when tracks are given little crowd-pleaser quirks like this as it makes me think of a massive Eurobeat concert with Dejo raising his microphone to the screaming fans to hear the chorus of voices mimicking his "ooooohhs". The one part of this whole song that really offended me (and still does to a certain degree) remains the gratuitous use of unnecessary key changes in the synth hooks. They serve no purpose at all - whereas in the Manuel and Marika tracks, they are used in such a way as to progress the core melodic flow of the song, here they just serve to jolt the listener from one listening level to another without so much as a prior warning. Sinclaire needs to avoid using these tricks just for the hell of it, as his tracks are strong enough to stand on their own. Overall, this is a very good track that mixes just of the right amount of classic Eurobeat with a slightly more modern twist. Toy For Love remains the benchmark however...
Score: 9.5/10

04 DESTINEE / WONDERWOMAN DREAM (Dima Music) [06:09]
Enter the first of a trio of new vocalists making their debut on this SEB - here we have perhaps what is needed more than anything... a new female vocalist from Dima! Destinee sounds like a fairly accomplished and professional vocalist, and she definitely has a nice clear tone to her vocals, but sadly she has been locked a 70's disco timewarp by Dima with no clear means of escape. The organ used in the beginning makes me think of the Phil & Linda tracks from Time, which I was never a fan of, and then when that overdriven flute chorus synth comes in, I honestly thought I was suddenly listening to this song through big balls of cotton wool rather than my big DJ headphones. For me, this is all about the atmosphere and soundscape (or soundworld as most other people seem to say) that a song creates for me, and I'm sorry to say that this track just doesn't spark my fire. It would be wrong to say that I dislike the track - it's pleasant and has some aspects that appeal to me (being a Dima fan, that's no real surprise). However, the overwhelming impression I am left with after listening to this song would have to "is that it?" Even compared to Dima's aishu offerings of late, this track comes off sounding like it is lacking a sense of excitement and that spark that seems to come from every track produced by the label. The melody is pleasant with the rise and fall like the gentle rocking of a boat (particularly noticeable in the chorus), but the real thing that keeps me coming back to Dima's tracks again and again - that X-Factor normally given off from the backing guitars or synth bursts or effects - is sadly missing from this song. A decent performance for a debut, but I'm hoping for a track with just a bit more punch in the future!
Score: 5/10

More to follow soon :grin:

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 12 Sep 2010, 18:05

I've decided that Sinclaire should be banned from releasing any new tracks with lead female vocals, as it's clear to me that his style and passion comes alive when writing and producing for a male vocalist.
Not the opinion I can share...'cause there was much to dig in S-Style
pre-Nathalie tunes. Besides, his chick style sounds more fresh and
musically evolving and unlike anything, whilst his macho offerings are
almost idential to his former old Delta catalog of Foglia era.

His recent co-writes for Nathalie lack the power and melodic strenght that
the tunes with no such co-writes had, and lack his own trademark choruses featured in the former days.

In all fareness, he can do both - chick and macho...just no going back on
perfecting female tracks, 'cause he can create a killer chick tune, and he is close to it.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 12 Sep 2010, 20:14

Lebon14 wrote:

8.5/10

I agree whole-heartedly. Every time this track comes on in the beginning I think a psy trance tune is about to start but then, like Sebastien mentioned, it quickly disappears and in come in the Eurobeat sounds. Dr NRG, you would only recognize this if you're familiar with the Psy Trance genre ;).
Lebon14 wrote:Wow... they don't even double check the spelling.
Do you honestly think they have an English translator double checking their work? :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Sep 2010, 09:57

I've decided to make my full review on SEB 207. I've had the weekend to listen to it nonstop and can finally make my final impressions on the songs themselves. The cd is definately a step up from 206. Meaning that some of the other labels showcased some great songs this TIME around. Not too many solid 10s, but some great songs that will definately outlive most of the ones from 206. The grades I give will more likely be reflected in my next weeks countdown.

Manuel- Limousine (GGms)
Let's start off with Manuel's latest or should I say last production at GGMs.
This one takes a few listens to get used to, beacuse at first listen it kinda sounds too chaotic. Not in the good HRG Attack way, but rather the melodies and parts of the song sound like peices from other songs, but in the end, it's the aggressiveness of Manuel's vocals that do it for me. He is well known for his screams and operatic vocals and this talent attributes in giving all his songs that epic sound. He is definately buisy this year and I wouldn't be surprised if he was still jumping back n forth from Dima to GGms studio. Why not? All the big Eurobeat names did it in the 90's. Anyway, this song grabs you from the start. I don't know if its the relativly short intro leading to the powerful synth or The way Manuel yell's out "BabYYYY Yeah!", but there is some epicness definately oozing out of this song. It's another perfect Eurobeat and 80s feeling mash-up song. Especially that chorus, where he is definately trying to seduce his lady friend with his limousine. I can imagine how the video should look like. Manuel riding on the Limo's sunroof while at the same TIME slowly cruising at the side of the young lady. Arms extended proffesing his undying love or whatever to get her attention. More likely I think he even wants to make a movie with her in the pool.LOL! What is it with Manuel and pools? He mentions it in All Is Magic too. Anyway, it's definately the vocal performance that hooks the listener in. Take that with that fact that this song has a really powerful syth riff and you got one of GGMs best songs this year. This is one of those songs will grow on me with every listen.
9/10

2. Christine- Bigga Boom (SCP)
Here is a song that's been getting a lot of slack from the E.P. community and personally I don't think its all that bad. It kinda gives me the feel of Pamsy's "Sunshine Baby". It's bouncy and fun, but not really silly nor childlike. Her vocals are not bad. I for one allways liked Christine's vocals and the pronounciation doesn't bother me the slightest. I'm used to thier accents and engrish and I love it. What I like is that there is not one single kiddy shoutout, just your basic Eurobeat bouncer. The stuttering in the beggining sounds like Beep Beep beep and that reminds me of old School Donna Summer Bad Girls or Atrium's - Ain't Nobody. There are alot of cool syntheziser bits and pieces inserted throughout the verses and The mini break down actually works wonderfully to introduce the third verse. Some of you hear Bigga Bum. Phooy! I hear BBBiga Boom and I like it!:D In fact, my only beef is the crap run TIME it has and I'm tired of saying it, but I hope SCP gets to producing some decent extededs, cuz thier songs are really beggining to sound good to me again and well, they deserve better than 4:00 mins. For now SCP has again showcased a song that will also probobly grow on me with every listen and that's a good song.
8+/10

3. Dejo- 1.2.3.4 Fire! (Sinclaire Style)
Here is where I'm probobly gonna go against the flow of most of the members on the forum. The song is good, but IMOP doesn't deserve the praises some reviews are giving it. First off, there is the artist name ,Dejo. I have a big beef when it comes to aliases and crappy ones like Dejo just don't work for me. No imagination whatsoever. For the record I'm not too keen on Bon either. Plus it reminds me of the total rapage Gino Caria's "Too Young To Fall In Love" remake got last year. Anyway, as for the song; it's good, but not gonna reach the success of Night Of Fire. In fact I think all of D-Essex's songs at AbeatC and DELTA were way better. Even We Came For The Rock was better. The next thing is that Maurcio's vocals sound a bit too hyped. I remeber him sounding way better on SEB 197 with Super Eurobeat song. Finally, it's that monstrouse voice repeating 1234 in the intro and break. It gave Toy For Love a bit more Power, but here they just annoy the hell out of me. That's what I don't like about the song. Now what I do like is the choice of lyrics in the verses. 1234 sounds good at the start of any verse, I also love the way verse 2 and one are combined as to make verse 3. I know the melody in the chorus has been rehashed TIME & TIME again, but it sorta works for this Fire themed type of song. What will probobly become tireing to my ears as the weeks go by, is the fact that there is little change in the melody between the chorus and acual riff and as the riff progresses it seems to lose its initial power. I think what really keeps the song going for me would have to be the lyrics and the way they are delivered. Not his tone, but passion, especially in the verses. Not bad, but no way can it dethrown Toy For Love
7+/10

4. Destinee- Wonderwoman Dream (Dima music)
First things first. Awesome intro!. Almost runs the full Dall Ora minuit style I have come to love from his productions. Infact, the intro reminds me of all those awesome Elena Ferretti hits gone by. Destinee sounds great too. Kinda like a young E.F. She was made to song this kinda Aishu style Eurobeat. What I love about this song is that it sounds like Dima's Energy Revolution songs from Europanic series. Not too much expirimentation going on and that's ok for someone like me who excells in old school Eurobeat sound. I do have a few beefs. They are small but kinda like WTF was it used for. My first would be the use of that annoying EhEhEh in that spoken intro. It reminded me of that crap "Umbrella" song from Rihanna and was totally uncalled for. The second is with AVEX and not Dima, but why the heck omit the lyrics to the second verse in the booklet. They've done this many x before and it really gets under my skin. Now that I got that off my chest, let's go right into that 3rd verse. perfect Aishu bliss, especially when that mini intsrumental part overtakes the bridge. So Dima manages to mimic every aspect of one of his early Europanic hits. Even the fade out is very retro. Now whatch this song makes some waves on my next week's top 40.
9/10

5. Dream Fighters- All About You (Dima music)
I was ready to dismiss this song for the soul fact that I have been longing for a fast Dima style Eurobeat song and Dream Fighters just didn't sound like it was delivering, but here is another perfect example of one of those songs that sounds so much better once you got the lyrics in front of you. My hat goes off to Darksky as he is credited for the lyrics and does a damn good job IMOP. The first vesrse: Feeling Lonely On The Ocean, we are floating on a boat, is pefectly capturing the songs essence, but when he rhymes it with the line Do you know that all I want is you... I wrote and Dima adds in the piano beats. The song just goes to another level. This is probobly the best Dream Fighters song I have heard since Storm Bringer. The riff itself is pretty simple ,but all according the feel of the song and once the flamenco-like? guitars start playing; I really get the image of The male counterpart searching for his soulmate amongst the ocean. It really seems to be the perfect Aishu image and if a video is ever made, it better damn well tell the story the lyrics are portraying and not just some crappy colours or Dima walking through a field of grass. That just won't do. This is another song that will make a huge jump in my countdown by next week. I'm not really caring for the spoken type intro, but that's not enough to ruin the rest of the bliss the song creates.
9-/10

6. Joe D. Toaster- Feel The Power Inside (HRG Attack)
HRG Attack. What would SEB do without them? I believe they are finally getting their just dues and what incredible songs the Live Music Team are showcasing on SEB nowadays. Joe D. Toaster is no stranger to HRG Attack fans. Nick Festari still holds the championship for the way he aggressively delivered the words to Beautiful; my favourote HRG Attack song ever! The first thing I noticed is that the intro isn't too agressive. Infact, It actually sounds like you are about to hear a Rick Castle song in the first couple of notes, but as soon as the synth riff kicks in, you know your in for one wild Roller coaster ride. The synths really steal the show from Joe this TIME around and here is why. Joe sounds reliably good, but there are parts especially in the bridge where his vocals actually get cut off by the chorus. listen to when he say Claude Debussy. He doesn't even get to finish the line when "Comon and Feel The Power Inside" line is allready starting. this causes his vocals to sound almost muffled right before said chorus begins,because he actually cuts hinself off and it sounds a bit odd. This is probobly the way the song was meant to sound, but probobly could have been delivered better...and what does Claude Debussy have to do with an HRG attck song anyway? :? . Aside from that slight error, the rest of the production is spot on. Good vocal tone, like ,Festari allways has, thrilling riff and catchy chorus. and as I mentioned; the descending and ascending synth parts throughout the verses and chorus, absolutley steel the show from Joe, but in a good way to make the song sound all that much better and hiking its grade from a strong 9 to a solid 10.
10/10

7. Claudia VIP- Lucky Star (HRG Attack)
OOOWEEEE! Whenever I start off a review like that, you know a song is putting me in that perfect Eurobeat zone. It seems Claudia has ditched her car for a shining star. It's funny ,but both HRG Attack song's theme is about being famouse, being on satge ect... Could it be the label is excelling in their current SEB heavy fame? let's hope it doesn't get to their head? Haha! This song wastes no TIME in gripping its listeners. Right from the first notes, you know what you are in for and it seems the writers came up with an infectuous riff melody and they are pimping it out throughout the song. It's a great melody and I can't be 100% sure if they have used it before or not in another song , but if they have; it sure wasn't as memorable as it is in this song. It might just well be the bass that is added to the melody that makes it all the more powerful, but whatever the case, it's working one hundred fold. the lyrics are devilered much like in the Dejo song, simple but just right to get the point across. The riff is more Italo than Robert De Niro is nowadays and really captures the feel of the song. It has a little bit of a vanity thing going too in the way she says Lucky Star. If you like the way Christian DeLo delivers his lines then you should have no problem with miss VIP. That awesome melody is back in the break and I absolutley love when all the music is dropped for half a second, signaling the start of the third verse. . I guess this is Melody C singing? Anyway, she sounds like Louise on Love Me On The Phone. Here is another song that overuses the synthesizer, but again giving the song it's incredible power. Instant 10+. No questions asked.
10+/10

8. Marko- I Need a Revolution (DELTA)
So I guess DELTA decided to drop the name Polo and just keep it as Marko. Hmmm... A little more imagination would have been nice, but anyway why depress on names when it's the actual song that's the star? Once again we have an intro that has been used many TIMES by Capaldi. At first this song really didn't sound to different from say "I Need A Hero ", but that's ok because that became a big hit in my top 10. I like this song a lot, but fear that overplay on my system will give it overkill. Who is the singer anyway? Luka? It sure isn't Marco. The thing is that when A super powerful song like this is released, I'm quickly destined to give it a 10. It has perfect Eurobeat riff, great vocal deliverance, Good sing a long value and even pretty decent lyrics, but the fact that every one of Capaldi's intros sounds the same, has been getting under my skin for someTIME. I could make a super mega Capaldi mix if these songs were on vinyl, but they are not and so his intros and breaks are fast becoming annoying to my ears. I really wish Newfield would also submit some new material to break the monotony the lable is starting to accumulate. Still ,I have to admit the song is really great on all other aspects, so i will give it a 9 and leave it at that.
9/10

9. Mr. Moog- Stardust (Dima music)
We are up to the STAR of the cd. The cream of the crop. The Moneyshot of the porn film. The song I repeat 5 TIMEs in a row before I let the cd continue into Marika's song. This song is what I was expecting from Claudio Magnani ever since he made his comeback. Say Goodby had that perfect style he used on songs from Silver back at TIME studios,but this new song totally takes a page from his De Niro alias. Out Of Control, Follow Me Now. It's Dima writing in the style he used to at TIME. Millenium quickly came to mind. Anyway, here is another perfect song that grips you from the start. Forget that some where I read the words trance and what not. That's not gonna ruin my perfect Eurobeat ride. This is traditional " Spacy" Eurobeat and the fact that Claudio Magnani is delivering the vocals, makes it all the more an instant classic and a top contender for song of the year. It's almost the Eurogrooves entry of the cd for me. The question is just what kind of Stardust are Dima/Darksky writing about? LOL! I distincly recall a song from Vibration catalog called "Cocaine" that even borrows lyrics from the classic Clapton song. The lyrics of Stardust are accordingly to the Disco Stardust of the 70's too. How did you guys know it was refered to "The Queen Of Night" LOL! Anyway, Avex decided to once again be dicks and omit the secong verse from the booklet, so whoever can guess those lyrics, please send them to me ASAP. The sing along factor gets broken by the second verse is that just won't do. Dima knows he found an addicting synth riff and uses it in almost every take. Even the break is just a raw cut and paste intro job, but the way the synth effects are used gives it the perfect platform to introduce the much awaited 3rd verse. Anyway what this song does, is give me the desire to hear my older SEBs with songs like Hot Love Games, High Satisfaction, $1000s, You Spin Me Round,ect.... This song is so amazing that it also would have blown my mind with Dima Vocals. Damn! Maybe Dima should sing Stardust part 2? Anyway 3 great entries from Dima and all different styles from each other. Let's hope for three more on SEB 208.
10++++

10. Marika- Stay With Me (DELTA)
By the TIME I even let this song play, I'm so high on Stardust, that its hard to even get into it. :P It really doesn't even sound too much like DELTA, but what gets under my skin is how people immediately start fishing for sounds to compare this song to Euro pop or whatever and say it's the Labyrinth Of Love of the cd. This is just a Eurobeat song and that's that. It's really not even Aishu beacuse it has a rather fast synth riff and way too much explosion effects to be aishu. Infact, aside from the aishu sounding intro, it really is just a mid tempo Eurobeat song. The vocals are ok, but its the Synth progression that sounds good to me. It probobly won't make too many waves in my top 40, but should have a nice run untill 208 is released. It's a good song to be released under DELTA's catalog and it's nice to see Rizzi and Clara in the writing credits again.
7/10

11. Jay Lehr- Hi-Love (SCP)
Seems SCP has been bitten by the Dima hi-hat bug? I wonder if that's how the title of the song was born? I'm still enjoying Little Littler Star on a weekly basis and on a Jay Lehr scale; this song sounds like part two of Little Little Star. I much rather enjoyed the later a bit more and it's probobly cuz it was a first of it's kind. Here we have the same vocoder effects, vocal deliverance and basically the same soundworlds as Little Little Star, so why would I like this song better when it sounds as if they just overlayerd new lyrics on top of a LLS's melody? I mean,It's a good song and definately keeping the SCP track run high, but I miss Disco Lehr just a little bit. What I do like is the imaginative riff, but in the end, the song just goes by too quick for me to really feel the grip and it's 4:00 min run TIME doesn't help in the least. I actually enjoyed Bigga Boom a little more this round.
8/10

12. Dave Rodgers- The Race Of The Night (Sun Fire)
Dave's new Sun Fire lable is definately taking off nicely. Once again the man takes honours for best intro in a song. It's just one guitar orgy fest after another. This song has a kinda Tech intro in the backround like the type TIME would use on songs like Forever Young ect.. Most were written by Live Music Team too. Overlaping that is an amazing guitar chords. You got the line "Once upon a TIME" which makes no sense, but still sounds like it should be right where it is, a couple of more female backup effects like Louder and Faster has and BAM!! the riff in the way only Dave can dream up. The song isn't as Powerful as Louder and Faster, but sure to make dents in my top 10. As it stands now, both Dave Roders songs are in my top 10, so I'm thinking that for the moment, when it comes to Eurobeat racing songs, the man can do no wrong. In fact ,Dave yet has to be dethrowned when it comes to a perfect Racing themed Eurobeat. Probobly the only slight downplay is during the bridge. Dave's vocals seem to lose a bit of punch, but it's probobly how he intended this to sound? I also think the guitar solo could have been cranked up a notch, but all is forgiven by the TIME the third verse begins. There is a lot of special effects in the backround and when you especially listen for these effects, then you will be taking that perfcet Eurobeat ride with Dave. Plus if you blink, you will miss out on a quick but effective outro. Really anticipating the next Sun Fire entry.
10-/10

13. M-O.V.E-(Japanese characters that my p.c doesn't have) Eurogrooves remix.
Does anyone even know what the title of the song is in English? So why is Dall Ora getting kicked to the curb? I will say right from the start that the riff is Eurogrooves heaven, but the rest of the song has another atmosphere. It's a mix of Aishu and Agressive rapping and then you got this ultra cool riff and the whole thing is really too much for me to absorb. Add to the fact that I don't really care for her vocals and I can't sing along, and it all becomes a major mess that leaves me in a catatonic(is that the correct word?) state. It's really hard for me to grade a song that I can't even fully grasp, but as far as the riff; well that gets a solid 10, but then again a song is more than just a riff.
N/A

14. Ace- Take My Breath Away(Healing version)
There is just to much healing going on this last trax and I'm not even hurting, that is untill this song rolls around. How can it be a good idea to slow down a song that is known for it's powerful delivery? Shit, They might as well do a Hearbreaker healing remix and call it Heart Mender. Have those chicks do the ahy ahy's in the same way they are singing ah ahas in this song. Message to AVEX: Please stop doing this to our Eurobeat classix. It just makes no sense to bring the Eurobeat vibe this cd is giving me down to a complete hault when they know I'm just gonna go straight to track number 9 when this healing song ends..

Best 3 songs
Mr. Moog- Stardust
Claudia VIP- Lucky Star
Dave Rodgers- The Race Of The Night

Bottom 3 songs other than trax 13,14
Marika- Stay With Me
Dejo- 1.2.3.4 Fire!
Jay Lehr- Hi- Love

Honourable mention
Dream Fighters- All About You(Great lyrics)
Last edited by drnrg on 16 Sep 2010, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 15 Sep 2010, 11:59

Well this CD realy dominates in Male vocals and also a Eurobeat Rock style theme with the exceptions of the female songs only 4.

i am usually the one to like all the songs that get the flack on EP, but i only liked

Manuel- Limousine
Dejo- 1.2.3.4 Fire!

and i have one BIG issue with Dreamfighters - All about you......the moment i heard this i thought of SEB 199 Krystal - Dream, like it was just a remix of Dream sung by a male. it just felt unoriginal or something

The rest was a total bore to me i felt like Avex had pulled this CD from the 170's it just didnt do it for me at all, which is really sad as i had hopes up...

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 15 Sep 2010, 15:17

@DrNRG:

Stardust 2nd verse
Black clouds will drift away to reveal stardust in heaven
you're my lover!
Make me feel good, it's time to travel, down in the ground

[The lyrics is just total nonsense haha]

Wonderwoman dream
I'M GONNA LAY IT ON THE LINE, I WON'T GIVE UP
WITHOUT A FIGHT, WON'T STOP 'TILL I THINK YOUR’E MINE

THERE'S the ONLY ONE THING THAT
I dont WANNA DO in my life
now I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME FOR YOU...

MY BABY I'M A WONDERWOMAN dream
EVERYTIME YOU NEED A TIME forgetable
let me stay IN YOUR LIFE SHOULD REALIZE a magic swing
MY BABY I'M your WONDERWOMAN dream
EVERYwhere YOU WANNA BE SO HAPPY NOW
WONDERWOMAN IS MY NAME SO PLEASE STAY WITH ME TONIGHT!

BELIEVE IN ME YOU DESERVE THE REALITY
AND I AM HERE TO SHOW MYSELF RIGHT NOW

THERE'S the ONLY ONE THING THAT
I dont WANNA DO in my life
now I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME FOR YOU...

I'M GONNA LAY IT ON THE LINE, I WON'T GIVE UP
WITHOUT A FIGHT, WON'T STOP 'TILL I THINK YOUR’E MINE

MY BABY I'M A WONDERWOMAN FOR
EVERYTIME YOU NEED A TIME SO SPECIAL
WONDERWOMAN IN YOUR LIFE SHOULD REALIZE YOUR DREAMS...
MY BABY I'M A WONDERWOMAN FOR
EVERYTIME YOU WANNA BE SO HAPPY NOW
WONDERWOMAN IS MY NAME SO PLEASE STAY WITH ME!
I hope this might be useful for you.

By the way, thanks for the compliments. I think all labels did a very good job.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Sep 2010, 15:56

drnrg wrote:13. M-O.V.E-(Japanese characters that my p.c doesn't have) Eurogrooves remix.
Koishisato Setsunasato Kokorotsuyosato (恋しさと せつなさと 心強さと)

According to my researches, it means something like "Love, loneliness and a strong spirit". I could be wrong though...

To have Japanese carcthers and other non latin caracthers on Windows XP, follow those steps (you NEED the Windows XP install CD) :

1. Click "Start"
2. Click "Control Panel"
3. If category mode :
-->a. Click "Date, Time, Language and regional options"
-->b. Click "Regional and language options"
If classic view :
-->a. Click "Regional and language options"
4. Click on the Languages tab
Gives you this window :
5. Check the "Install files for East Asian languages"
6. Insert Windows XP Home/Pro CD (depends of your version)
7. Click OK.
8. Wait until Windows finishes.
9. Done! You can now save files with japanese/chinese/korean writing! You can also view webpages in those languages.

On Vista and Windows 7, Unicode is installed by default.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 15 Sep 2010, 20:45

Gorgia_v wrote:and i have one BIG issue with Dreamfighters - All about you......the moment i heard this i thought of SEB 199 Krystal - Dream, like it was just a remix of Dream sung by a male. it just felt unoriginal or something
This is the exact same thing I felt the first few times I heard that song!! .. Though now that the album has been played to freakin' hell between me blasting it all day at work and in my car the last week or so, it actually doesn't bother me anymore. :o

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Sep 2010, 20:37

@ darksky.

Cool yeah thanks. I hate when AVEX does that with the lyrics.

@Lebon.

Yeah thanks for the tip.

WNight
Euroheater

Review of 207.

Post by WNight » 17 Sep 2010, 05:42

No full review this time.

THE RACE OF THE NIGHT / DAVE RODGERS (10/10) - It isn't the new Louder & Faster but it's still going to be one of my top songs this year. Sun Fire represents epic and here's another one of the highly successful "The Race" series to sweep me off my feet and dare I say, This is the best one out of all. Epic intro, Lots of guitars and some other rock influences as usual. "The Race" should have been over back in 2003 but no it hasn't and with songs like that, It's all for the greater good. Maybe I should start listening to all three side by side ... Anyways, I am personally looking forward to an equally capable female track which I hope is coming our way soon.
STAY WITH ME / MARIKA (9/10) - So beautiful, So elegant, It made me fall in love with the vocalist herself but hey, No evil intentions I swear. The new female version of L & F but far from equivalent to it.
1,2,3,4 FIRE / DEJO (9/10) - This has ZERO contest for being the best Sinclaire Style song this decade. Dejo really needs to have more frequent appearances.
LUCKY STAR / CLAUDIA VIP (9/10) - Best female Hi-NRG track this decade and possibly ever made.
HI LOVE / JAY LEHR (8/10) - Little Little Star ? What Little Little Star ? This is the best Jay Lehr song ever.
ALL ABOUT YOU / DREAM FIGHTERS (8/10) - Pure Bliss.
I NEED A REVOLUTION / MARKO (7/10)
STARDUST / MR MOOG (7/10) - Should be renamed Stardance instead.
FEEL THE POWER INSIDE / JOE D TOASTER (7/10) - Festari isn't a bad vocalist but it's always how uninteresting he sounds in every song that pretty much lowers down the punch by a lot. Could have been better.
BIGGA BOOM / CHRISTINE (5/10)
WONDERWOMAN DREAM / DESTINEE (3/10)
LIMOUSINE / MANUEL (2/10) - Messy messy messy. Will there ever be a new Adrenaline ? Probably never again. Do look forward to the new GGM male songs though, Not because they are that good or anything but to see what new type of horrors GGM can create for their male presentations. Manuel's vocals are the only saving grace here but even so, It really isn't enough to salvage this mess of a song from heading towards the bad songs hall of fame. First song of the album, Last on the rank.

恋しさと せつなさと 心強さと (EUROGROOVES REMIX) - M.O.V.E (8/10) - Motsu's rap butchered the song a bit but still, Killer melody.
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY (EURO HEALING) - ACE (6/10) - There are elements here like the female vocals that could be updated on to the original to make it a killer song but on the whole, This song is surprisingly okay even though I had my guard up.

207 does carry on the winning streak the 200s have so far although it isn't the master level album that was 206. With only two albums to go before a new decade, I'm quite optimistic that the high level will continue and that SEB could only reach for the skies and nothing more.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 17 Sep 2010, 12:41

I just called to say: I <3 Bigga Boom.