Italo Disco Treasure Hunt!!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

Italo-Disco

Post by newfield » 21 Oct 2010, 12:42

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 21 Oct 2010, 18:46

Musical parts do remind me Valentino - Tonight (old Flea). :grin:

Great sound!

Ciao,

Ronald.

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: Italo-Disco

Post by ryosuke63 » 22 Oct 2010, 06:24

Woah! Even the cover looks classic! Reminds me a lot of the Power Records style.
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Oct 2010, 06:51

Wow! That was amazing. Is that a new Italo/disco production? Seems you havn't missed a trick yet. That wouldn't sound at all out of place among those new Iventi D Azzurro new Italo/disco songs released a few years back.

reminds me a bit of classic TIME too. The song and the sleeve 8)

Hope there is more to come.

starry
Euro To B

Post by starry » 10 Jun 2011, 17:54

ryosuke63 wrote:
1990-1992: Can't really describe it well. More emphasis on a pronounced beat, and lots of work gone into melodies.
I like this melodic earlier period the most.

For italo disco I think it hit it's peak around 84 to 86. I tend to keep all italo dance produced in Italy from 81 to 90 together as my Italian 80s dance music.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 20 Dec 2014, 01:38

TQ has finally released her full Italo-disco album "Out Of The Shadows" on ZYX Records on Dec. 17.
https://www.facebook.com/80sTQ

If you guys don't know who she is, please listen to her, as she is amazing.

"Follow the success of LET’S GO TO TOKYO, TQ released 12 more songs & music videos with special appearances of some 80’s icons including Lian Ross, Fancy, Ken Laszlo, Fred Ventura, Linda Jo Rizzo, Trans-X, John Sauli (ROFO). She also teamed up with a Swedish band, ITALOVE with project: RHYTHM OF LOVE."

Please support her by purchasing her album at these sites:

http://www.zyx.de/Musik/Italo/Italo-Dis ... 10554.html

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Shadows-Tq/dp ... he+shadows

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Dec 2014, 04:30

Greeat stuff. I've been following her since "Let's Go To Tokyo".

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 11 Feb 2015, 10:38

Italove has released a new single in January titled "Too Late To Cry". It includes 3 different mixes. My fav is the extended version. The other mixes are not my fav sing they don't sound 80's at all.

It mixes freestyle music(heard in the verses before the chorus, and right after the chorus again), as well as Hi-NRG and Italo elements (in the intro, chorus, and outro).

Extended version can been heard here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3LMCn6k9j0

The original mix is by far the best song they have put out because of the fact that I love freestyle, and this has some awesome elements that sound as if Noel (of freestyle fame) could easily pull off if he were to sing this song.

Nice fusion of Italo, hi-nrg + freestyle.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Feb 2015, 03:45

WOW!!! Great stuff. I do hear the Italo and Freestyle fusion in the way the melody carries throughout the verses. Sung in TKA style.The intro and synth riff are very 80s Latin Hi-NRG too. Listen to Chapter One - Playing With Love & Jeeneet & The New Dance - Feel The Energy and make your own compariosons. Mexican Electro NRG Groups like Moenia and OBK made that style very popular again in the 2000s.

The video is great. Reminded me of many Hi-NRG vids from 80s. The classic masquerade theme.

ItaLove really excel in the combination of Synth riffs and melodies. They woulda had many classic if they were around in the 80s.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 20 Feb 2015, 13:15

Valerie Dole and Elena Ferretti fans might like this song.

Just discovered this beautiful new generation Italo gem released last year on mp3.
Beautifully sung female vocals in Italian.
Don't let the slow start fool you, the chorus comes in with a blast.
What a powerful, and emotional chorus.
One of the best I have heard, somewhat in the vain of the beautiful Italo Goddesses such as Valerie Dole, and Elena Ferretti.
Such beauty, and power :cry:

Song can be listened to here, along with English translation of the lyrics below the video as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wh8x6VgEQ8

The vinyl will be soon out on the Rebirth Records sub label, distributed on Flashback Records, according to their Facebook page.
I'm hoping it will have some newly remixed material! The mp3 only has the original mix and nothing else...
You can buy the mp3 for now on:
http://telefuturenow.bandcamp.com/album ... year-later

Imagine if we could get Elena Ferretti to do a song on Flashback Records!
We have already seen Clara Moroni, and Fred Ventura, among other Italo legends appear on this label.
It's possible to see Elena make an appearance in the future on Flashback since Laurent Gelmetti "Newfield" is now producing sounds on the sub label Time Machine Records as well, with artists such as Clara Moroni and Fred Ventura and we all know how he has worked with Elena on past releases on Time Records. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

For the moment, this satisfies my appetite for something similar to Elena's beautiful voice from her earlier Italo projects.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Feb 2015, 05:51

So take a listen to this Italo mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2CzB9vOtTE

now take a look at trax listing. particularly Track 14. Mike Danger - Crazy. It's the same Vibration track of Eurobeat Flash fame, but done in 80s Italo NRG Style. The vocals remain untainted, but the song is remixed. Sounds stellar and even more evidence of how Eurobeat is 90%Italo melos.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Feb 2015, 06:05

Now this is something spectacular. true Italo disco style produced by a Korean Hi-NRG band. These guys know the Italo beat to the tip. Can't stop listening. Some parts definately feel Eurobeat vibe.

Bonfeel Electro Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4DoEIvbUP8

Don't know what the band name signifies, but Bonfeel as in Feel The Nando Bonini Italo beat. he was one of the big names on Stil Novo before TIME records:D

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 26 Feb 2015, 11:14

drnrg wrote:So take a listen to this Italo mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2CzB9vOtTE

now take a look at trax listing. particularly Track 14. Mike Danger - Crazy. It's the same Vibration track of Eurobeat Flash fame, but done in 80s Italo NRG Style. The vocals remain untainted, but the song is remixed. Sounds stellar and even more evidence of how Eurobeat is 90%Italo melos.
WOW!!!!! :!: :!: This is some amazing stuff. We need more of this!
I actually found the extended version of this remix on here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saR94_ipk0w
I love how if you listen really carefully at 17 seconds into the song and until 31 seconds, and again at 1:01-1:14, you can hear parts of the riff from Stacey Q - We Connect!!

I would definitely buy the vinyl for this if it existed without any hesitation.
Reminds of the amazing remix of Casanova's "Victim Of Love" done by somebody named Savino. That one too is one amazing 80's style remix of a 90's eurobeat track. Here is that track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8F-YC5t3EM

I wonder whether we can get this person to remix some other newer eurobeat songs into this older Italo style??? I would definitely throw my $$$ to these producers, begging for more for these top quality tunes. My mouth is watering just thinking what other Italo tunes could be make with newer eurobeat...

I sometimes use a program to slow down the speed of the faster eurobeat tracks without affecting the pitch, in order to image what some of these tunes would sound like in an Italo way. This works very well for the early 90's eurobeat, but the newer stuff is harder to hear the drums kicks, and the clapping sounds since the beats are more "fused" into just a few beats, instead of the many separate beats of true Italo.

Even if some people on this forum disagree, I completely agree with you in the sense that I ALWAYS hear an Italo-disco/Hi-NRG sound in MOST modern eurobeat songs. I don't know how people CANNOT hear it.

Even though I never grew up listening to Italo (I really wish I were older to have been able to experience the whole Italo phenomenon of the early to mid 80's) I have completely become addicted to it, and always constantly switch between Italo and Eurobeat, since for me they are almost one and the same, except for the speed, of course!:grin:

Of course, some eurobeat songs have some eurodance or house elements, or even some happy hardcore recently, but the majority of them have the basic Italo/Hi-NRG rhythm in either the way the vocals flow, especially the energetic choruses. Some of the riffs as well use many synth sounds from the 80's, just made in a more "hyper" sound.

You watch, soon enough the 80's sound will return in even mainstream pop. Right now mainstream pop is going through a heavy 90's eurodance/eurohouse/trance influence at the moment, with so many 90's beats and samples being used by everybody. Just watch as the that beat dies out in a few years after it's been done to death, the new beat for experimenting with will be an 80's beat with a modern flare, less cheesey, but with some type of vocaloids, and auto-tune, or who knows what new sounds will be new and trendy in a few years down the road, maybe even some rapping mixed with 80's sounds (which maybe won't be such a bad thing, because even some Italo had some rapping in it: ex. Sabrina Salerno - Boys, as well as Radiorama - Bad Boy). It might be called something like "space pop", or "future pop", or "electro space pop", who knows!

Of course it will be called something different, just as today's EDM music is not called eurodance for marketing purposes and to make it look fresh for the younger generation, but it is basically a newer form of eurodance/eurohouse/pop trance.

The same way that new fashion trends dies out quickly and old fashions come back in a more "trendy" way, the same way that older styles of music will be adapted for modern times.
This "re-branding" has been seen in mainstream music for a VERY LONG TIME. It's just a matter of time until some mainstream artist will bring it into the light and get popular for doing so. However, I don't mind how it is right now, and let it be not so popular, because I feel special and privileged to listen to such beautiful music. I just feel sad for the producers since they are not making as much profits these days.... :?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Feb 2015, 08:49

synthjunkie
WOW!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation This is some amazing stuff. We need more of this!
I actually found the extended version of this remix on here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saR94_ipk0w
I love how if you listen really carefully at 17 seconds into the song and until 31 seconds, and again at 1:01-1:14, you can hear parts of the riff from Stacey Q - We Connect!!

damn. Thanks for that. I love that song in that style. Another one that would sound great is also a Mike Danger and Chris day song, called "Give Your Soul To Me". If you think about it. Alot of Vibration songs would fit the style perfect. Maria Valentina's "Be My Lover". Dee Dee - Hey hey Baby Cry. Other label would be DELTA. Doki Doki - "Too Young To Die" Max Coveri - "i Don't wanna Break Your Sweet heart" Especially with that Piano break.etc.. I don't Think HRG Attack would fit the style too well. Nor SCP, but maybe some early 2000s trax from TIME and ABeatC would also sound fresh. The ones I would really desire to be done in that style are Boom Boom Beat.

If anyone could remix those Eurobeat songs into 80s Hi- NRG; it would be Newfield. He was the main Italo NRG mixer during 90s. The funny thing, most Eurobeat songs are realized at lower BPms and then sped up for desired effect.

If not contact Digimax 80s. As you can see he does it for other trax as well. I'm sure they could tackle the ones you have in mind. I'll tell you somthing; If I got into it and learned the process; I would be giving alot of my Eurobeat songs a new life. A new Italo Life.

synthjunkie
I sometimes use a program to slow down the speed of the faster eurobeat tracks without affecting the pitch, in order to image what some of these tunes would sound like in an Italo way. This works very well for the early 90's eurobeat, but the newer stuff is harder to hear the drums kicks, and the clapping sounds since the beats are more "fused" into just a few beats, instead of the many separate beats of true Italo.
It's funny you should say that, because its the first thing I did with that Mela track "Just A Story". The vocals of that song were dreadfull, so I pitched them way down but kept the speed of the song intact. I've done it to a few HRG Attack as well. Mainly Those with the ridiculously high chipmunk vocals. 8)

synthjunkie
You watch, soon enough the 80's sound will return in even mainstream pop. Right now mainstream pop is going through a heavy 90's eurodance/eurohouse/trance influence at the moment, with so many 90's beats and samples being used by everybody. Just watch as the that beat dies out in a few years after it's been done to death, the new beat for experimenting with will be an 80's beat with a modern flare, less cheesey, but with some type of vocaloids, and auto-tune, or who knows what new sounds will be new and trendy in a few years down the road, maybe even some rapping mixed with 80's sounds (which maybe won't be such a bad thing, because even some Italo had some rapping in it: ex. Sabrina Salerno - Boys, as well as Radiorama - Bad Boy). It might be called something like "space pop", or "future pop", or "electro space pop", who knows!
I don't care for EDM pop, but I listen to alot of Indie Alt/Pop. It's Heavy on the 80s synthesizer sound with New Wave melodies. Bands like Walk The Moon, Capital Cities, Bora York,POP ETC.. Too many to name.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 04 Mar 2015, 22:08

synthjunkie wrote:Valerie Dole and Elena Ferretti fans might like this song.

Just discovered this beautiful new generation Italo gem released last year on mp3.
Beautifully sung female vocals in Italian.
Don't let the slow start fool you, the chorus comes in with a blast.
What a powerful, and emotional chorus.
One of the best I have heard, somewhat in the vain of the beautiful Italo Goddesses such as Valerie Dole, and Elena Ferretti.
Such beauty, and power :cry:

Song can be listened to here, along with English translation of the lyrics below the video as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wh8x6VgEQ8
Just had to thank you for posting this. It's been playing non-stop on my spotify for days now. Songs like this you don't find often :cry:
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!