Top Five Super Eurobeat Albums?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Top Five Super Eurobeat Albums?

Post by Megan188 » 27 Aug 2010, 02:47

I'm not sure if there was another topic similar to this, but I just felt a little curious, so post your favorite SEB compilations and say why you like them so much.

I'll start:

1. SEB 173 - Without a doubt, this is the best album of the post-100 era, in my opinion. Literally every single track on here is fantastic to me, which is truly something that I can rarely state about any album especially an 18-track one. If I had to pick my favorites, I'd probably list Go Wild, Speed Man, and Your Love is Melody. This release contains a lot of really underrated songs too, such as Baby Illusion, Baila Campanero, and Born to Love You. In general, this album has a lot of variety and creativitiy that isn't particularly common in the eurobeat genre. Given that this was one of my first SEB albums that I heard, it's no wonder that I picked up a tremendous interest in the genre so quickly.

2. SEB 97 - Another SEB with pretty much a perfect level from start to finish, and thus very close to the awesomeness of 173. The songs here may not have received very much attention, but every one of them has something special to offer. If I would describe this album overall, I'd call it "epic", as the songs here have very bold and dynamic melodic structures, supported by excellent, classic-styled production.

3. SEB 158 - Of all the decades in SEB history, the 150's is unquestionably my favorite, even though most people wouldn't agree. Almost all of the decade's albums were fantastic, but this one is probably the strongest overall, by a small margin. Sure, the Cherry song isn't particularly interesting, but when you consider all of the highlights, that misstep is easily forgiveable. Major standouts for me include Manuel's What You Need, Jeff Driller's Stop And Go, Garcon's Bazookaaa, Giada's Give Me Your Love, and Nuage's I Feel Fine.

4. SEB 79 - Another album with some pretty darn amazing tracks, in addition to a very consistent level of quality throughout. Highlights such as Lou Grant's Money 4 Love, Morris' Crazy For Your Love, and Max Coveri's Golden Age are among the best songs of the pre-100 SEB era, making this easily qualified for this highly competitive top 5 list. Also very strong are the entries by Thomas T., Triumph, Domino, and Go Go Girls.

5. SEB 105 - When every single track on an SEB album is quite strong, you know that you've got yourself an amazing compilation. The 100's are a very strong and honestly underrated decade in my opinion, but this album in particular tightly grasps my attention from track 1 all the way to the finish. It doesn't exactly have very many of the best eurobeat songs of all time in my opinion, but with fantastic entries such as FTMTTMAB, One Night, I Can Be Your Dee Jay, and Max Power, SEB 105 is quite a blast to listen to.

Honorable Mentions:
- SEB 98
- SEB 179 (sorry to those who strongly disagree with me, but everyone has their opinions)
- SEB 168

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 27 Aug 2010, 05:28

1. Super Eurobeat 206 - Now to get one thing out of the way, It's not entirely about Louder & Faster so don't go down that path. This is one of the more recent albums that has ALMOST all the labels presenting some of their most beastly works ever to be put on SEB. Sure enough, There may be one or two that spoils up the whole thing but if you look at it in a positive light, The merits given to the album far outweighs the negative so much so that the negatives may as well begone. I don't have to go into too much detail here since this was released recently but saying that this is one of the strongest albums ever definitely isn't an understatement.

2. Super Eurobeat 185 - No flaws AT ALL, SEB 185! Almost every song here is about as superfantastico as it can get. Even Time and Hi-NRG Attack, Two of my most hated labels during that period managed to put out some excellent tunes here so that is excellent news. Two biggest surprises : Kiss Me Now - It's REALLY good, and Pararappa Dance - I never liked Kiki & Fancy but god damn this one hell of a catchy entry which imho is one of the finest examples of bouncy eurobeat done perfectly even until today. On this album, The five highlights are definitely The V.I.P is JP, My Oh My, Go Go Go Baby Go, Funky Lady 2008 and Para Para Night 2008 but others aren't too far behind. It's been two+ years but this one is still one of the strongest albums, No doubt about it.

3. Super Eurobeat 188 - Pretty much the same reason as 185, With the introduction of Dima on this volume, Eurobeat could only get better and that's pretty much what happens from here onwards. This volume is also home to one of my favourite GGM song ever, So I say yes.

4. Super Eurobeat 179 - If Frontal Impact isn't enough reason for this to be on the list then hahaha, I am laughing at you. The general level present throughout the album isn't as high as 185 but again, There really isn't a single song here that I would fail. Instead, There are a couple of highlights throughout this album that pushes the boundaries in a similar fashion to 206. Examples of such songs include the one I said above, Heartbreaker 2007 and I Want You. The whole album proved to be pretty versatile too, As we have styles ranging from summery to rocktronic to the in your face energetic male eurobeat. In short, There's nothing to complain about here. A perfect way to end off the 170s.

5. Super Eurobeat 182 - One of the more epic SEB presentations focused on speed and/or power and that probably should be more than enough reason to embrace this SEB. If it isn't, Then that's your own problem.

HMs : Super Eurobeat 128, 129, 166, 174 and 193

Update : Added pictures
Last edited by WNight on 27 Aug 2010, 09:23, edited 2 times in total.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 27 Aug 2010, 06:18

1. Super Eurobeat 90 Anniversary Non-Stop Request Count Down 90!!

Am I allowed to have a nonstop in my top 5? Well, I do have this one there! SEB 90's layout was probably one of the most enjoyable for an anniversary edition / countdown request album since Disc 1 were all male tracks and Disc 2 were all female tracks. I especially enjoyed the female side with the amazing memorable songs (albeit, released on like 3-4 prior albums... lol). The mixing is really awesome, but this isn't the reason as to why this is on my top 5 list. Surprisingly (or not, lol) SEB 90 hosts one of my most loved Eurobeat songs - on that teeny tiny bonus disc with four tracks: Domino / Feel My Heart. One of the best Japanese to English song covers I've ever heard.

2. Super Eurobeat 185

This was one of those albums where I dismissed the track list except for a select songs, but then when I heard it I was blown out of the water. This CD turned out to have some amazing songs that I would never have expected to like, like Take It Easy, Take My Desire, and Baby Fly. Plus, the Non-Stop mix included on the 2nd disc had some really great and memorable songs. Unfortunately though, Go Go Go Baby Go was just a train wreck and The One For Me was pure fail - thankfully there are 16 other new tracks to listen to.

My favorite tracks from 185 are Bomba, My Oh My, Take My Desire, Take It Easy, Emotional Child, The VIP is JP, Baby Fly, Feel My Tender, Back to 80's.

3. Super Eurobeat 164

I was ecstatic for the release of this album after I learnt that after a two year wait, AVEX was releasing a solo Domino track. This period was during the time Domino was between labels, and before she made her brief return to ABeatC. Although this song was from SCP, it was made for D1Style, which later turned into GoGo's Music, so technically you can say Fuku Wa Uchi is the first GGM song released on SEB! Other than Domino's return, I believe this album hosted Annerley Gordon's return as well (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) Besides Pun Pun Beam and Pride, I liked all the songs.

This album hosted some pretty awesome tracks, my favorites being On My Own 2006, Queen, Fuku Wa Uchi!, Into the Night, Make Me Believe, China, Boogie Boogie, No Control, Shattered Dreams, I've Got The Music In My Heart, Looka Bomba, and Only For Love Only For You.

This album is a definite 5/5 for me, that's for sure.

2. Super Eurobeat 193 ~Revival Hits~

The hype around this album was massive for me due to the fact that I learnt that there was going to be a collaboration between GoGos Music and SCP with Domino and Lolita covering Looka Bomba and Ace and Fastway covering Hot Vampire. In turn, this album hosts one of my top favorite songs, and after a year since it's release I listen to it everyday - Go Go Girls / Looka Bomba. On top of that, I just absolutely love (good) remakes of old songs, so everything on there pretty much stood out as amazing. Unfortunately, the total bomb of this album has to be Space Boy. I can't get over how horrible that remake was. Try Me was pretty shitty too but at least the change from the intro to the synth hook didn't scare the pee out of me. lol

The best tracks for me here are Hung Up, Bad Desire, Doctor Love, Too Young To Fall In Love, Hot Vampire, Looka Bomba, Number One, Ike Ike

1. Super Eurobeat 141

This has to be my TOP FAVORITE Super Eurobeat comp. First off, it was the first SEB I actually purchased (even though I discovered SEB at 131, I didn't start buying it until the 140s). Secondly, it has my number one favorite Eurobeat song *of all time* on here - Go Go Girls / Hot For Your Body. Most importantly, every song on this album has a memory behind it that makes me feel all nostalgic about my life back in '03. hahaha. Seriously though, all the songs are amazing, grade A quality Eurobeat tracks and this is the only album I can listen to completely, front to back, without even cringing at a single song. Each song on here is so amazing to me, I want to listen to them all, over and over.

Top tracks for me : (to save time I'm copy/pasting the track list XD)

1.Dusty - The Fire And The Rain
2.Lolita - Kiss 2 Kiss
3.Morris - Bad Tonight
4.Susy Wender - Runaway
5.T.I.M.E. - Another One Bites The Dust
6.Nikita Jr. - WWW iLoveU
7.D.Essex - Master Power
8.Go Go Girls - Hot For Your Body
9.Cherry - Sha La La
10.Mad Cow And The Royal Eurobeat Orchestra Of Bazookistan Feat. The Supertroyka Girls - I Want Your Balalaika
11.Vanessa - If One More Day
12.Manuel - I've Got To Go
13.Leslie Parrish - I Say No
14.Ace - Welcome To The Real World
15.Denise - Gimme Gimme Love
16.A-Beat Boys - We'll Stop The Time
17.Annie - To The Stars
18.Jimmy Bravo - Queen Of Fire

Honorable mentions:

Super Eurobeat 4 (This has crazy ass mixing!! It's insane, and I absolutely love it AND the song selection!)
Super Eurobeat 195
Super Eurobeat 63

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 27 Aug 2010, 08:25

5. SUPER EUROBEAT 61
There were no flaws in the album, I liked them all from the most awesome beginning with JUNGLE NIGHT / A-BEAT POWER to the last song FLY / DAVE RODGERS SP.G. JENNIFER BATTEN. It even has a Norma Sheffield song I quite like :)

4. SUPER EUROBEAT 141
Sooooo goooooood. The introduction to the Euromach labels to Super Eurobeat! and it was awesome! Even the one song I was iffy about at first, I grew appreciation for recently which was the Michael Jackson cover of ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST.

3. SUPER EUROBEAT 160
After the disappointment for Super Eurobeat 150, this one got me excited especially since it was a request countdown and not song chosen by avex. It contains one of the best transitions ever from KISS 2 KISS / LOLITA to PILOT IS THE HERO / NIKO, hell, the New Generation section was so much fun. The MST section was a bit uninspired so that's why it's not higher.

2. SUPER EUROBEAT 76
Probably my most favourite non anniversary nonstop. The mixing made me grow appreciation for songs I wasn't very fond of when I heard their normal versions. PLUS! It has the GREAT bonus disc remix disc with the MONEY GO! / MARKO POLO remixes, such a great remix to top of an already great main disc.

1. SUPER EUROBEAT 90
I can listen to this one all day, and I do listen to it quite often, both mixes and song selections are superb and the bonus disc with the EVERY LITTLE THING covers were nice too.

Honourable mentions:
SUPER EUROBEAT 47
SUPER EUROBEAT 25
SUPER EUROBEAT 133
SUPER EUROBEAT 195

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 27 Aug 2010, 09:30

1. SEB182
2. SEB171
3. SEB154
4. SEB162
5. SEB176

Honourable Mentions: SEB158, SEB159, SEB163, SEB181, SEB184, SEB191

Basically, SEB182 and SEB171 are the only two SEB albums I can listen to from start to finish which contain at least a handful of outstanding songs. There are some other albums I can listen to from start to finish as well (SEB174, SEB187 and SEB203 in particular) but those albums don't really have too many outstanding songs to make them worthwhile to listen to. SEB154, SEB162 and SEB176 are basically in the same league as SEB182 and SEB171, but several "meh" songs on those albums bring the level down slightly.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Aug 2010, 19:48

5. SEB 172
This was my first SEB album to ever purchase. This album contains one of the best songs of all time : "Once Upon A Time" by Pamsy. The tracklisting is pretty good and offers a wide variety of excellent tracks with only a few let-downs!

4. SEB 182 & 184 (par)
Those two albums were, to me, the best albums of their decade. Songs like "Burning Up The Night (Total Fire)" and "Speed Of Light" shone a lot on these albums. Of course, those aren't the only ones! Most of the songs offered on those albums are gems!

3. SEB 193
This album had a lot of controversy due that the tracklist changed a lot along the road and the fact that it contained a lot of covers. None-the-less, songs like "Hung Up", "Never Ending Story", "Save A Prayer", "Looka Bomba", etc are excellent choices but this album also posseses one of the worst songs : "Space Boy (FAIL mix)"... Still merits top 5 though.

2. SEB 202 & 203 (par)
Those albums are STELLAR. I love almost every tracks on there! ..but with a few let-downs... it can't be #1.

1. SEB 195
This is it. The best eurobeat album ever. Everything is perfect. EVRYTHING. Mari-san is just the cherry on the cake. Hehe :P

HMs : SEB 192, SEB 206, SEB 187
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Aug 2010, 07:15

The whole reason I started getting SEB was for those 4-5 TIME songs that didn't quite make the Vinyl cut., so volumes like 79, 87 ,89 and 85 are very special to me, but as far as my favourite 5; I would have to say these are the winners:

SEB 153.
This volume featured every label at their absolute best. Infact I would have to say that the only dud was that Christine song at track 18. This SEB also featured one of my very favourite short lived artists from TIME; Mike J.
Favourite songs:= the entire trax list -2
1.Stephy Martini - Emotions
2.Dusty - It's My Life
3.Maxx Ducati - Million Dollars
5.Garcon - Pistol Man
6.Dave Simon - Disco Music
7.King & Queen - Boogie Boogie
8.Mike J. - Touch And Go
9.Jeff Driller - Control Alt Delete And Blow
10.Lisa Lion - Lionheart
11.J. Storm - Shout
12.Irene - Dancin' Baby
13.Joe D. Toaster - Black Night Cadillac
14.Bonnie & Clyde - Criminals
15.Lucya - Beautiful
16.Nuage - You'll Never Stop Me Lovin' You
17.Nick Mansell - Feel The Power

SEB 179:
4 TIME songs including the best cover ever that is just as awesome as the original,, 3 HRG Attacks and possibly one of the very best DELTA trax ever makes this volume a must have for die hard fans. well everyone except Lebon. Disc 2 isn't too shabby with some nice remixes as well.
Favourite songs:
1.Jungle Bill - Danger In Chinatown
3.Magika - Dancing To The Moon
5.Erika - Fever & Music
8.Toby Vale - Heartbreaker 2007
9.Dany - Love Is Like A Fever
11.Queen 26 - Don't Let Me Be The First
15.Mega NRG Man - Red Light And Sex
16.Daniel - Frontal Impact
17.Remy Panther - On The Road Again
18.Franz Tornado & Mozzarella Girls - Sucka Sucka Pizza

SEB 182:
Once again 4 TIME, 2 exceptional SCP songs and one DELTA trax that rewrote the book on Eurobeat bpms, makes this a Eurobeat lover's wet dream cd. It also features a second cd which showcases a very nice HRG Attack section.
1.Jeff Driller - Superfast Tokyo Drift
2.Irene - Love Is The Name Of Love
3.Magika - Planet Love
6.DJ Force - On My Radio
7.Powerful T. - Fight All Night
8.Miky MC - Because You Live
9.Kelly T. - Shining Like A Lucky Star
10.Melissa White - Everlasting Fire
13.Dany - Superman 2007
18.2 Fast - Burning Up The Night (Total Fire)

SEB 197:
I know it's a nonstop, but right from the start I was enjoying 18 + songs in extended. There was the epic Fire Dragon, the energetic Love Countdown and the royal King Of Eurobeat. The mix included some of the best transistions featering Heartbreaker and Sledghammer and Bad Boy and Roppongi Nights and it also included some classics like Bad Tonight, Touch Me Baby, Dancing In The Starlight and I'm Alive. By The TIME I had all of them in extended, it became one of my favourite SEBs ever

1.Niko - Super Eurobeat
2.Go 2 - Don't Turn It Off
3.Luke - The Champion
4.Fastway - Love Countdown
5.Dave Rodgers Feat. Patrick Rondat - Fire Dragon
6.Neo - I Was Born For Burning
7.Mega NRG Man - In The Flame Of Fire
8.Dave Rodgers - Dancing In The Starlight
9.Digital Planet - Fly Away
10.Morris - Bad Tonight
11.D.Essex - Thank You-Arigato
12.Cy-Ro - Bad Illusion
13.Dr. Money - Roppongi Nights
14.Mr. Groove - Highway Star
15.Delta Force - Heroes
16.King Kobra - Sledge Hammer
17.Spencer - Doctor Of Love
18.DJ Luke Penn Feat. Mr. M - Music Fever
19.Tommy K. - Take Me Now
20.Doctor Stranger - Touch Me Baby
21.Jean Love - Fool For Your Loving
22.Dave Rodgers - Space Invader (Saturday Version)
23.Jay Lehr - I'm Alive
24.Powerful T. Feat. Alex De Rosso - King Of The Race
25.David Dima - A Flash In The Night
26.Leo River - Don't Let Me Go
27.Max Zero - Loved In Tokyo
28.Alphatown - Ivanhoe
29.Mad Cow - I Feel Like A Molotov
30.Jordan - King Of Eurobeat

and last ,but not least is...
SEB 155.
It featured 3 brand new TIME artists with Dall ora doing vocals on one of those songs. Also the son of The Eurobeat legacy which is Gino Caria, as well as one Old School sounding DELTA classic, a crazy HRG Attack and a beatuful Dima track. Definatley one of my favs.
1.Kevin Johnson - Don't Say Goodbye
2.D-Team - Speed Car
5.Giacomo Caria - Light My Fire
6.Dee Dee & Regina - Beautiful Day
7.Go Go Girls - Baby Boy
8.Tam Arrow - Rambo Demolition
9.Lolita - Hot & Crazy Love
12.Bad Gang - Body Guard
16.Nuage Feat. Sonia - I'm Never Gonna Let You Down And Forget You
17.Big Town Guy - John 'N' Mary Dance

Honourable mentions include
High Satisfaction,Baby Revolution, I Like You So Much, Super Man,It's My Life, Come To me
Night Fighter,Spanish Affairs,TIME For A Miracle,You Kiss My Lover
Big On Emotion, Rock Over Emotion,Criminal Fire, This Is My Song For You,Jingle Jungle Boy, Horror Fantasy
$1,000,Super car, Message In A Bottle, Tell Me
One Night In Bangkok, Radio Tokyo, Expree Love, Stronger, One Day

Super Eurobeat is a Godsend for those who love great music.

Maxwell P. Wainwright
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Maxwell P. Wainwright » 30 Aug 2010, 00:56

1) Super Eurobeat 085
- The tracklist screams "classic". Eurobeat, Maybe Tonite, Running in the 90's, Go Baby Go, Don't Stop the Music, and My Only Star are all present on this amazing album. None of the tracks disappoint. A true album in the glory years of SEB.
2) Super Eurobeat 141
- When Euromach labels came into SEB, the series got oh so better. It's perfectly understandable that the new recruits would put their best songs out right away to make a big grand positive impression, right? That's just what they did. New artist Manuel also made his debut with I've Got To Go on SEB141. I Want Your Balalaika left a mark with HINRG-Attack, and Susy Wender's most memorable track Runaway is also on this list.
3) Super Eurobeat 145
- Released quickly after SEB141 was this masterpiece. This track has many memorable tracks, such as I Can Feel You, Cocoa Bill, Wake Me Up, and the unforgettable Forever Young. No track is weak here. Pizza Girl's Bye Bye Baby was my favorite track off of this album, along with the calming Me Myself and I by Christine. This album reeks of awesomeness.
4) Super Eurobeat 193
- The best album of the modern era, in my honest opinion. Although many of the tracks are covers (I say many because Try Me was a remix with old vocals), the modernized 2009 versions prove to be superior on nearly all accounts (Ike Ike was a disaster, yet other tracks such as Too Young To Fall In Love and Number One surpass their predecessors.) New versions of popular songs such as Hung Up and Never Ending Story also leave a strong mark.
5) Super Eurobeat 035
- An old school album for sure, but it's still fantastic. Love Is Danger and Kiss Me Kiss Me Babe are probably the most notable tracks from this album, yet there are still many strong performances left by Margaret, Mirka, and Lolita/Go Go Girls (or should I say, Go Go Girl, but I don't hear Elena Gobbi or Alessandra Gatti at all.) Regardless, an amazing album with many underlooked tracks, such as Cannibal Man and especially Hold On.

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Top Five Super Eurobeat Albums?

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 02 Jun 2021, 12:45

Hmm, this could be an interesting topic. And also like always a difficult. :D

Here my TOP 5:

SEB Vol. 184: For good reasons, in this case even 4 reasons. The first reason is Mike West with "Wild Night". The second reason is DJ NRG Man with "Let it go", pretty good track. The third reason ist Money Man with "Love for money". And with the 2nd CD there comes the fourth reason, and that is Joe Banana with "Dum Dum Pistol". So I haven't even to buy Eurobeat Flash Vol. 22, when I have the track on the bonus CD. That's pretty handy, if you ask me. And I think this are good reasons. :wink:

SEB Vol. 174: Actually this isn't really my favorite Volume, cause on the first CD there's nothing, what can blow my mind. But on the 2nd CD, you have Niko with "Night of Fire" (so I don't need to buy SEB Vol. 82) and Dolly with "Secret Passion". That's pretty good, because you can find Dolly's song only on this CD in an extended version. As far as I know this song only appeared in Non-Stop-Remixes and as you may know, I'm absolutely not a fan of Non-Stop-Shit. >< And as a honorable mention you have also Nathalie with "Heartbeat".

SEB Vol. 5: Yeah, the reasons are obvious and you know dat! 8) The good ol' Italo Disco. And with Mister Black with "Macho Man", Mark Farina with "Cha Cha Cha" and also the beautiful song "One Two Three" from Max Coveri & Radiorama, you can't do anything wrong. What else can I say about it?

SEB Vol. 6: The same reasons like SEB Vol. 5. This is, how Italo Disco has to be. Good ol' classics like Oscar with "New York City" or Mister Black with "Brown" are some reasons, why I still love this sound. Give it a try and don't always listen to the modern Eurobeat-Tracks! Just sayin'. :)

And know the difficult part, because there are so many SEB-Volumes, that I like. Which should I choose?

Aaahhh, whatever, I take something modern.

SEB Vol. 231: Some may think, that "Inside my soul" from Ace & Pamsy should be the reason. Well, that's only the half truth. I just say: Bon's "Music in Action". What a track, I love it. I mean, when I go somewhere and listening to some Tracks, this one is always there. This will always be one of my favorite Eurobeat-Songs.

But actually I have way more favorite SEB-Volumes. But give these one a chance, of course! It's also a recommendation from me.