The making of 1234Fire

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater
Posts: 1317
Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 09:48
Contact:

The making of 1234Fire

Post by DarkSky » 13 Nov 2010, 17:18

Just got this email:

Hi!

SINCLAIRESTYLE is very pleased to announce it's brand-new video release!

DEJO and BRATT SINCLAIRE were caught on tape during vocal sessions for the
"2010 King of EUROBEAT" track called "1.2.3.4.FIRE!" by DEJO!!!

You really don't wanna miss it!!!!

http://www.sinclairestyle.net/Sinclaire ... s3.htm#top
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtZMTjqpUA

Enjoy!!!

SinclaireStyle

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar
Posts: 442
Joined: 17 Oct 2004, 08:00

Re: The making of 1234Fire

Post by Vadim » 13 Nov 2010, 20:15

cool video!
Last edited by Vadim on 13 Nov 2010, 22:48, edited 2 times in total.

Jay
God of Romance
Posts: 955
Joined: 01 Jul 2004, 12:59

Re: The making of 1234Fire

Post by Jay » 13 Nov 2010, 22:19

DarkSky wrote:DEJO and BRATT SINCLAIRE were caught on tape during vocal sessions for the
"2010 King of EUROBEAT" track called "1.2.3.4.FIRE!" by DEJO!!!

You really don't wanna miss it!!!!
This description sounds just a tad risque if you ask me. Haha.

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan
Posts: 100
Joined: 15 Jan 2005, 04:54
Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by Takarou » 14 Nov 2010, 00:14

Awesome freakin' video!

... I want that 'funky unplugged version' of Night of Fire. :!:

dj1ofakind2k10
Euro To B
Posts: 18
Joined: 05 Nov 2010, 18:54

Post by dj1ofakind2k10 » 14 Nov 2010, 06:32

That was an amazing video to watch! You really could see how excited DEJO and Sinclaire were when they were making the track. The coffee break segment was truly amazing (a mini tribute to Niko/D. Essex and I guess Niko is a big inspiration to DEJO?). It was amazing to see the makings of one of the great songs to come from the 200 series :!:

zoupzuop2
Euroheater
Posts: 1510
Joined: 05 Nov 2006, 23:22
Location: California
Contact:

Post by zoupzuop2 » 14 Nov 2010, 06:44

dj1ofakind2k10 wrote:That was an amazing video to watch! You really could see how excited DEJO and Sinclaire were when they were making the track. The coffee break segment was truly amazing (a mini tribute to Niko/D. Essex and I guess Niko is a big inspiration to DEJO?). It was amazing to see the makings of one of the great songs to come from the 200 series :!:
Inspiration?
Niko = Maurizio DeJorio = Dejo.

...so I'd HOPE Niko's an inspiration for Dejo, at the least!!
May I never let my passion obstruct my respect for others again.

WNight
Euroheater
Posts: 1346
Joined: 08 Oct 2008, 03:32
Location: Superfantastico Land

Post by WNight » 14 Nov 2010, 07:04

I got to watch the video just now and it was amazing. 1,2,3,4 Fire is still one of my top Sinclaire Style songs to date and it's nice to see the enthusiasm coming from Bratt and Dejorio.

dj1ofakind2k10
Euro To B
Posts: 18
Joined: 05 Nov 2010, 18:54

Post by dj1ofakind2k10 » 14 Nov 2010, 12:18

zoupzuop2 wrote:
dj1ofakind2k10 wrote:That was an amazing video to watch! You really could see how excited DEJO and Sinclaire were when they were making the track. The coffee break segment was truly amazing (a mini tribute to Niko/D. Essex and I guess Niko is a big inspiration to DEJO?). It was amazing to see the makings of one of the great songs to come from the 200 series :!:
Inspiration?
Niko = Maurizio DeJorio = Dejo.

...so I'd HOPE Niko's an inspiration for Dejo, at the least!!
Forgive me on that one :x ...

Well that explained why Dejo was singing so many Niko/D. Essex songs :D

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 682
Joined: 17 Oct 2005, 07:27
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Contact:

Post by Densetsu13 » 14 Nov 2010, 15:12

DeJorio has aged nicely, like some fine wine. ;)

It's only upon seeing a behind the scenes video like this that I truly start to appreciate the awesome vocal work that went in to doing this. And don't even get me started on Sincalire's amazing guitar work. I wish the guitars ended up being as present in the final version of the track!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar
Posts: 383
Joined: 14 Mar 2009, 01:31

Post by thejti » 14 Nov 2010, 15:31

Densetsu13 wrote:DeJorio has aged nicely, like some fine wine. ;)

It's only upon seeing a behind the scenes video like this that I truly start to appreciate the awesome vocal work that went in to doing this. And don't even get me started on Sincalire's amazing guitar work. I wish the guitars ended up being as present in the final version of the track!
The guitar thing is more of a style thing for Sinclaire. He likes to keep the feeling traditional Eurobeat with the synths more up front and the guitars providing melody in the background. If you notice, you'll rarely hear a guitar solo in a SinclaireStyle song (the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Pilot Is The Hero and you only hear that in the extended version of the song). His thought is that Eurobeat is a completely different thing than rock where as a producer like Dave (you know how fond he is of guitars) and Clara believe Eurobeat can be an extension of rock (Clara said Eurobeat is rock in an i Venti D'Azzurro interview).
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

the_ditz
Euroheater
Posts: 1942
Joined: 04 Nov 2005, 22:25
Location: Hunting down Pamsy!!

Post by the_ditz » 14 Nov 2010, 15:33

Best "behind the scenes" video I've seen yet. Awesome to see the pieces fall in to place as the video progressed. DeJo actually a really good singer (I've never given him much credit to be honest, since there are always vocal effects in the final productions that distort the tone and clarity somewhat, but this video showed the true power and beauty of his vocal tone).

More like this please Eurobeat producers :grin:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Posts: 6952
Joined: 17 May 2005, 07:18
Location: searching for missing Eurogrooves trax

Post by drnrg » 15 Nov 2010, 09:38

thejti
The guitar thing is more of a style thing for Sinclaire. He likes to keep the feeling traditional Eurobeat with the synths more up front and the guitars providing melody in the background. If you notice, you'll rarely hear a guitar solo in a SinclaireStyle song (the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Pilot Is The Hero and you only hear that in the extended version of the song). His thought is that Eurobeat is a completely different thing than rock where as a producer like Dave (you know how fond he is of guitars) and Clara believe Eurobeat can be an extension of rock (Clara said Eurobeat is rock in an i Venti D'Azzurro interview).
That's an interesting take on Eurobeat. I actually think that when Italo/Hi Energy merged into Eurobeat was around the TIME when the guitar became a crucial part of the Eurobeat structure, not only Pasquinni, but the majoraty of EB producers as well.
EDO- My Rock Is For Japan
Robert Patton- Big In Japan
Toby Vale- Heartrbreaker 2007
Edo- Black Night
Toby Ash- Bad Boy Blue

Those are songs with heavy Guitar on them.

jeurobeat
God of Romance
Posts: 979
Joined: 29 Nov 2005, 11:38

Post by jeurobeat » 15 Nov 2010, 12:34

drnrg wrote:That's an interesting take on Eurobeat. I actually think that when Italo/Hi Energy merged into Eurobeat was around the TIME when the guitar became a crucial part of the Eurobeat structure, not only Pasquinni, but the majoraty of EB producers as well.
EDO- My Rock Is For Japan
Robert Patton- Big In Japan
Toby Vale- Heartrbreaker 2007
Edo- Black Night
Toby Ash- Bad Boy Blue

Those are songs with heavy Guitar on them.
Don't forget The Big Brother - Oh Oh Oh Girls Are Dancing :) Maybe it was Sinclaire playing guitar.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 682
Joined: 17 Oct 2005, 07:27
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Contact:

Post by Densetsu13 » 16 Nov 2010, 03:00

thejti wrote:
Densetsu13 wrote:And don't even get me started on Sincalire's amazing guitar work. I wish the guitars ended up being as present in the final version of the track!
The guitar thing is more of a style thing for Sinclaire. He likes to keep the feeling traditional Eurobeat with the synths more up front and the guitars providing melody in the background. If you notice, you'll rarely hear a guitar solo in a SinclaireStyle song (the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Pilot Is The Hero and you only hear that in the extended version of the song). His thought is that Eurobeat is a completely different thing than rock where as a producer like Dave (you know how fond he is of guitars) and Clara believe Eurobeat can be an extension of rock (Clara said Eurobeat is rock in an i Venti D'Azzurro interview).
Oh I remember his interview @ SEPH a few years back where this was originally (?) discussed. ;)

My main gripe with that mentality is that electric guitars does not equate rock. Yes it's an instrument used very much in the genre that is rock, but there's no rule anywhere sayng that an electric guitar can only be used for rock. An electric guitar is an instrument like any other and the sound an instrument makes is not bound by a musical genre.

It's the intention of the musician that dictates what the sound of an instrument represents in a track. Sometimes I feel that Sinclaire is limiting the awesomeness that he can bring to the table in his tracks with the use of an electric guitar, as clearly exemplified by ths video, solely because he's afraid of his tracks sounding too "rockish".

If a Eurobeat track sounds "rockish" simply because there's an electric guitar in it, and not because that's what the producer intended, then that's due to people's pre-conceived notions of what an electric guitar is for. As far as I'm concerned, the presence of squealing electric guitars is but one of the many elements that I love about Eurobeat 8).

zoupzuop2
Euroheater
Posts: 1510
Joined: 05 Nov 2006, 23:22
Location: California
Contact:

Post by zoupzuop2 » 16 Nov 2010, 05:02

I'd show the process of how I make Eurobeat, but nobody would want to watch me drink Red Bull for 15 straight minutes. :U
May I never let my passion obstruct my respect for others again.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests