Limitation of mail from Japan (Mainly affects US)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Tiger
Master of Time

Limitation of mail from Japan (Mainly affects US)

Post by Tiger » 16 Nov 2010, 22:17

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/inform ... ry_en.html

only really affects people who order more than 453g in weight though. SEB209 is 120g and SEB200 is 280g for comparisons according to cdjapan. This is all due to the terrorism scare though I heard. Just look at Iraq's shipping row in the table >.> <.<

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 17 Nov 2010, 07:18

I think so. Doesn't show UK either, so I guess so ^^

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 17 Nov 2010, 08:57

Quoting from another forum
One important exception is that any businesses that have monthly payment contracts with Japan Post are exempted. I imagine that any company that ships things via EMS on a regular basis will be a registered business with such a contract (because I highly doubt they go to the Post Office and mail everything one by one).

It sounds like this is only designed to restrict individuals from making large shipments, but not to stop normal business transactions. So what may be affected are small proxy services (the Masatos of the world) who do this sort of thing on the side and don't have contracts. But at the same time, it doesn't seem like it's that hard/impossible to register yourself as a business and get such a contract. But this means that Japan Post has detailed information on file about the sender, and I suspect that is really what this is all about.
So I think buying from CDJapan to the US should still be ok.

But sending stuff yourself or getting a friend to send stuff from Japan maybe a bit more problematic...