SCP Releases On iTunes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 16 Apr 2011, 15:32

Vadim wrote:Perhaps I am to be Simon Cowell here once again...but this stuff blows.... :!: :???: :cry: :x

Cheesy...easy....re-hash-hash of oldies from A Beat C stuff she did with Gobbi....

whatz up with chorus key change...?....too obvious/predictable...adds to cheesiness...

Should we be trilled it even sounds like eurobeat...?...'cuz' eurobeat is getin' to be a rare bird for upcoming SEB...

p.s. oh...that Speedmaster atrocity sounded junky like a nursin' home garage sale...!... :x
I'm assuming you just don't care much for anything new that comes out? Simply just old school in your tastes? Cheesy, but catchy eurobeat has been around for such a long time. Maybe it's just not your style, but it is the kind of eurobeat I fell in love with.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 16 Apr 2011, 16:21

I'm assuming you just don't care much for anything new that comes out? Simply just old school in your tastes?
It depends on the kind of new...if creatively - I care....genre bendin' or a blind copy-paste - no care so much...

Actually, no criticizms from me on account of sCream Team
not being like old school...cuz this tune recycles it literally...
Cheesy, but catchy eurobeat has been around for such a long time. Maybe it's just not your style, but it is the kind of eurobeat I fell in love with.
Not opposed to any sort of eurobeat as long as it is genuine eurobeat product..

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 17 Apr 2011, 07:31

Sounds like a chaotic mess based on the sample.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 17 Apr 2011, 07:41

You guys don't like this song? Unbelievable! I think it sounds incredibly infectious and certainly a breath of fresh air after two of the most mediocre SEB releases in a while.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 17 Apr 2011, 11:18

Megan188 wrote:You guys don't like this song? Unbelievable! I think it sounds incredibly infectious and certainly a breath of fresh air after two of the most mediocre SEB releases in a while.
Lemme tell u, I'd trade a new Jay Lehr tune for the above mentioned one anytime any second...

its about Time SCP got down to business and made some right music...SCP needs to bring Jay Lehr back ASAP...itz Time for solid songs....

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 17 Apr 2011, 16:51

Vadim wrote:
Megan188 wrote:You guys don't like this song? Unbelievable! I think it sounds incredibly infectious and certainly a breath of fresh air after two of the most mediocre SEB releases in a while.
Lemme tell u, I'd trade a new Jay Lehr tune for the above mentioned one anytime any second...

its about Time SCP got down to business and made some right music...SCP needs to bring Jay Lehr back ASAP...itz Time for solid songs....
It's hardly as if it's been years since the last Jay Lehr song. He's one of the most active males at SCP nowadays along with Ace - and much more prevalent than Fastway at this time.

As for Boom Boom Scream, I bought the SCP Eurobeat Version and the Paradrive Versions, and while I note that they both embrace a very authentic "Hallowe'en" theme that was missing from Kooky Spooky for me, I think the track is far from the best work that SCP has put out there. The chorus in particular has a bit of an awkward construction, as it sounds like there is one line too many during the first half of the chorus (before the key change).

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Apr 2011, 17:11

Review according to the iTunes samples:

•Eurobeat Version: ...sadly, I can't say I like it. It actually sounds like a bad Hi-NRG Attack song somehow. I know it's supposed to have a sense of humor to it, but... even with that in mind I can't take to it very well.
•8Bit Funny Version: Actually, somehow this version sort of fits slightly better, in a way. I think the cheesiness of the background meshes JUST enough with the silliness of the vocal work. The xylophone reminds me of Angry Birds though.
•Paradrive Version: THIS one sounds good, now. Not even sure what's so different about this one, but... it just IS, somehow. I think the sound choices are somehow more appropriate.
•Allinone Mad Edit: Precisely what you think "Allinone" means— All in One. If you like all three versions, it's a good smattering of them all.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 18 Apr 2011, 06:53

I actually think this is the best Scream Team song since Horror Fantasy. Domino fits this style so well!
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 18 Apr 2011, 20:50

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 18 Apr 2011, 20:53

You know, that actually makes me enjoy the song a whole lot more!! Hilariously kitsch and a great way to promote the track :)

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 18 Apr 2011, 20:54

I thought the same ;) we need more Eurobeat videoclips!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Apr 2011, 22:20

I'm all about the extendeds , so I'll choose that version above all the rest. Besides the soundworlds seem stronger, not as metallic and wimpy as the first version. Anyway, the song itself is good. It defeinately has the Scream Team sound. I'm not the biggest Domino fan, but her vocals suite well for this type of scream fest. The song; itself, falls somewhwere in between I Scream For I Scream and Kooky Spooky. With Horror Fantasy still being the undisputed champion.

The video is a complete wackjob, but Domino looks good in black spandex and Frankenstein Rocks. It does the song justice. 8)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 03 May 2011, 02:57

So while not exactly Eurobeat, Clara Moroni's album "Bambina Brava" is on iTunes. If you like her rock side, you should pick it up. Her voice is just amazing outside of eurobeat as it is in it.

Check out here covers of "Maniac" and "Take On Me"

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 May 2011, 10:19

I do like her Rock side. Thanks for the heads up. 8)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 May 2011, 22:17

Another tweet today saying...
Well, well, well! Looking forward! :D

EDIT

This forum's software is sooooooooooooo old that it doesn't like # and ! in the URLs... Bit.ly'ed because of that.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!