Super Eurobeat 211

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Feb 2011, 15:38

Album is now up on iTunes Japan - http://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/super- ... d415437877

Sadly, they no longer have the "Buy Album" option, meaning that you have to purchase each individual track separately at a cost of 150Yen per track, meaning a total cost of 3,000Yen to purchase the whole album! :???: Not impressed...

vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 01 Feb 2011, 16:51

213, 216 and 219 would be Nonstop Megamix albums, says a flyer in 211 packaging.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 01 Feb 2011, 16:54

vinyl12 wrote:213, 216 and 219 would be Nonstop Megamix albums, says a flyer in 211 packaging.
Yeah that's true :P

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Feb 2011, 17:07

vinyl12 wrote:213, 216 and 219 would be Nonstop Megamix albums, says a flyer in 211 packaging.
Are you serious?? :-x

Ugh, that's the worst news I've heard in a while. Will it be all the old songs that we've heard over and over again, or will there be new tracks that at least we can download digitally on iTunes?

*sigh* the rollercoaster life of a Eurobeat fan continues... :???:

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 01 Feb 2011, 17:14

113 and 116 being nonstop is all good for me, but why make 219 a non-stop? I like when they keep the **9's to end a decade's input of new material with a bang.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 01 Feb 2011, 17:41

////
Last edited by DarkSky on 03 Feb 2011, 13:21, edited 3 times in total.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 01 Feb 2011, 18:10

The DJs need money again.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Feb 2011, 18:38

It's not only the musical style , but it seems the formats and cover styles are also returning to the 90s. It's a good thing the Format back then was extendeds.

I didn't care for nonstops then, nor do I now, but the good news is AVEX easily has allready made plans for another 10 cds. and that works for me.

The bad news is , I probobly won't be recieving my cd untill my parents come back to Baja. That's for another two weeks, but at least I have those new DELTA and Hotblae/Jay Lehr tracks to keep me buisy until then.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Feb 2011, 20:37

drnrg wrote:I didn't care for nonstops then, nor do I now, but the good news is AVEX easily has allready made plans for another 10 cds. and that works for me.
That's all very well, but it basically means that we will getting 10 fewer new tracks this decade than in the previous one (7x14=98 instead of 9x12=108). I guess the fact that the nonstops will at least focus on the new tracks from this decade is some comfort, but like drnrg I've never really cared for them when there are albums that have the extended versions on them.

Whatever sells CDs I guess... :???:

Anyways, I've purchased almost all of the tracks from this release except the two Saifam fillers, and I'm as impressed now as I was when I heard the samples. The heavy guitars during the intro of Cherry Lips were a surprise (a very pleasant one though) and I absolutely adore that song as a whole - it's easily the best Hi-NRG Attack offering here. The other two tracks from the label are good, but they both feel like there is a vital ingredient missing from the production when compared to Cherry Lips' rich and powerful soundscape.

Wheelpower & Go! has just as much power as I'd hoped, although the chorus is fairly generic and some of the vocals during the verses seem to be drowned out by the music - it's hard to hear what's going on sometimes.

The Ken Laszlo track (Domino is not credited anywhere on the iTunes tags...) has a massive amount of disco influence - both italo and mainstream. The chorus in particular has strong disco harmonies and chord patterns going on and sounds quite different to what the Avex sample suggested. Interesting track...

I'll post longer samples of these tracks for anyone that's interested very soon - watch this space ;)

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 01 Feb 2011, 21:23

the_ditz wrote:That's all very well, but it basically means that we will getting 10 fewer new tracks this decade than in the previous one (7x14=98 instead of 9x12=108). I guess the fact that the nonstops will at least focus on the new tracks from this decade is some comfort, but like drnrg I've never really cared for them when there are albums that have the extended versions on them.

Whatever sells CDs I guess... :???:
I think so. Even though I don't like nonstops, I think it might be good for SEB as a whole. There seem to be many people who do like nonstop more than extendeds. We'll see.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 01 Feb 2011, 21:34

the_ditz wrote: The Ken Laszlo track (Domino is not credited anywhere on the iTunes tags...) has a massive amount of disco influence - both italo and mainstream. The chorus in particular has strong disco harmonies and chord patterns going on and sounds quite different to what the Avex sample suggested. Interesting track...
I have a lot of appreciation for this track.... my compliments..

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 01 Feb 2011, 22:00

DarkSky wrote:
the_ditz wrote: The Ken Laszlo track (Domino is not credited anywhere on the iTunes tags...) has a massive amount of disco influence - both italo and mainstream. The chorus in particular has strong disco harmonies and chord patterns going on and sounds quite different to what the Avex sample suggested. Interesting track...
I thought that this song was okay. I liked Back to 80s better.

I wonder who will be the first person to vote Lonely as the worst song on the album. :cry: It's a really depressing song but it just doesn't work out on the production at all.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Feb 2011, 22:11

Tiger wrote:
DarkSky wrote:
I thought that this song was okay. I liked Back to 80s better.

I wonder who will be the first person to vote Lonely as the worst song on the album. :cry: It's a really depressing song but it just doesn't work out on the production at all.
The production is awful on Lonely, but I think Futura is saved by the presence of the Saifam tracks on this occasion. She's probably at the back of the pack aside from those two tracks though...at least for now.

And Let's Get It Done Tonight struts in its platform shoes all over Back To 80s!!

Anyway, if you want a few longer samples of the new tracks to this album, check out the below - a verse, bridge, chorus and hook from each new track (low quality though - don't want any leechers - support the series and buy the tracks!)

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/27112288/file.html

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 01 Feb 2011, 22:27

Don't Wanna Be A Survivor might be the first male Dima track I like in a long time. Reminds me so much of 90s and hell, even his Vibration tracks. Just listened to the extended samples while waiting for the CD to arrive.

Edit: Lets Get It Done Tonight might be the best GGM track lol

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 02 Feb 2011, 00:46

Thankfully, I was able to find and purchase this album from Musico, which I guess is still open at the moment, so I bought everything except for the SCP tracks, which I already have, and the embarrassing Saifam covers.

I'll give this album a spin a bit later, once I have the time.