Super Eurobeat 211

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Feb 2011, 20:28

Good review. I'm glad you finally got around to posting it. Ha! I thought I was the last one? Thank U Thank U Thank U for pointing out that a Eurobeat song doesn't have to be fast to be Powerful. The HRG Attack Italo themed songs are many TIMES more powerful than half of thier past catalog.

BTW, A good review of a song will usually make me go back and give it a few more spins. The Destinee song; as of today, is sounding alot better than when I first heard it. I still Think WonderWoman Dream was better and that's probobly cuz of the intro, which kinda reminds me of Elena's Ferrati's Intros at TIME during the the first half of the 2000s, but all in all I think I might have dismissed a bit too soon. I'm kinda feeeling it's relaxing groove now :)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 28 Feb 2011, 23:18

Wow, that's cool that I was able to get you to give Make Me Wonder a second chance. I was really caught off-guard when I heard that song in full, as I hadn't expected to love it as much as I did! I guess you can't avoid loving classic melodies teamed with excellent production and vocals :)

And I 100% agree with you about the power of these slower Hi-NRG Attack tracks - so much was lost in the speed and hyperactive synths for me. Don't get me wrong, there are songs from the speedy Hi-NRG Attack days that I adore (Super Knife, Control Alt Delete & Blow and Work Like An Egyptian are 3 that spring to mind at the moment, but there are many many more to boot) but I guess you just become a bit dismissive after hearing the same styles over and over again in hundreds of "different" songs. I'm not for a minute saying that the slower styles that Hi-NRG Attack are using now won't start to sound overly familiar after a while, but for now all I can hear are the melodic and production experiments coming together to form a completely new style for the label, and that can only be a good thing for a label that was once seen to be one of the least original or experimental labels in the Eurobeat scene.

Justican
Euro To B

Post by Justican » 07 Mar 2011, 08:01

For those that like to read reviews for the recent albums, I finished off my SEB 211 review:

http://justicanuk.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... eview.html

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Mar 2011, 08:50

good review. SEB 211 was a very underated cd among the community and I can't for the life of me figure out why' almost Every song featrured something different and exciting, but still sticking 100% to Eurobeat or its root form of Italo. Like you said ;we even got a dash of SAW style material.

I concider it one of my favourite SEBs of all-TIME and it doesn't even feature any TIME material.