The Best and Worst Tracks of the 200's

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 24 Dec 2010, 22:12

BPM' do not define the genre, they are variable in Time and depend on a current Avex trend or fashion. That gives a certain Charm to this style.

You can put a typical eurobeat track at 125 bpm, and it still remains eurobeat.
In a similar way, if you get an italo track to be 155 bpm, it is still
an italo track.

Ciao Ciao is actually a real classic eurobeat, punctuated by a really complex soundworld. Italo, in contrast, never had such rich soundworlds to begin with.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 25 Dec 2010, 11:14

Vadim wrote:BPM' do not define the genre, they are variable in Time and depend on a current Avex trend or fashion. That gives a certain Charm to this style.

You can put a typical eurobeat track at 125 bpm, and it still remains eurobeat.
In a similar way, if you get an italo track to be 155 bpm, it is still
an italo track.

Ciao Ciao is actually a real classic eurobeat, punctuated by a really complex soundworld. Italo, in contrast, never had such rich soundworlds to begin with.
QFT

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Dec 2010, 03:12

Lebon14
It's not on all 3 lists. It's because that the only two songs that are worthy of being Eurobeat for me from Hi-NRG Attack is Jungle Of Fire and that Joe D. Toaster song. Ciao was a slow song... very slow... I don't consider it Eurobeat BPM wise. It's Italo-disco to me. But as you can see, there are other songs too that are absent but for those, I thought that they didn't need any praise or bad light. So, yeah.
I actually wouldn't even concider the new HRG Attack style to be all that much slower. I would clock it in at around the same speed as thier hit "Running Over The Night or Maddy Layne's- Joy & Sorrow. Actually AbeatC's first records were much slower than TMOSS or HTSIS. That's if you play them at actual 45 revoltuions per minuet. If you have the vinyls you would notice this too. None of those songs fall into the Italo Disco catagory.

I think it might take some TIME, but eventually you might warm up to the sound.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Dec 2010, 05:56

drnrg wrote:Lebon14
It's not on all 3 lists. It's because that the only two songs that are worthy of being Eurobeat for me from Hi-NRG Attack is Jungle Of Fire and that Joe D. Toaster song. Ciao was a slow song... very slow... I don't consider it Eurobeat BPM wise. It's Italo-disco to me. But as you can see, there are other songs too that are absent but for those, I thought that they didn't need any praise or bad light. So, yeah.
I actually wouldn't even concider the new HRG Attack style to be all that much slower. I would clock it in at around the same speed as thier hit "Running Over The Night or Maddy Layne's- Joy & Sorrow. Actually AbeatC's first records were much slower than TMOSS or HTSIS. That's if you play them at actual 45 revoltuions per minuet. If you have the vinyls you would notice this too. None of those songs fall into the Italo Disco catagory.

I think it might take some TIME, but eventually you might warm up to the sound.
Don't compare the debut of Eurobeat to now. The illusion is that the music is TOO slow for its time. Eurobeat today is meant to be fast. If this song was released in between voulme 30 and 50, I would say OK... but we are in the times where most Eurobeat sounds better at higher BPMs. About the vinyls, I don't have and I don't want. Also, about the "warming up", I don't think it will happen because most songs I listen to... let's say 75% of them... are fast and upbeat. All genres included. I tend to ditch most rock ballads, most slow pop stuff you hear at the radio.

There's no "warming up" here, I like fast and upbeat stuff and I consider the Hi-NRG Attack stuff to be too slow for its genre.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Dec 2010, 05:15

Lebon14
Don't compare the debut of Eurobeat to now. The illusion is that the music is TOO slow for its time. Eurobeat today is meant to be fast. If this song was released in between voulme 30 and 50, I would say OK... but we are in the times where most Eurobeat sounds better at higher BPMs. About the vinyls, I don't have and I don't want. Also, about the "warming up", I don't think it will happen because most songs I listen to... let's say 75% of them... are fast and upbeat. All genres included. I tend to ditch most rock ballads, most slow pop stuff you hear at the radio.

There's no "warming up" here, I like fast and upbeat stuff and I consider the Hi-NRG Attack stuff to be too slow for its genre.
I respect your opinion and all that, except your last statement. It's not written on stone that Eurobeat must be higher than 150 bpms and if pop Jager isn't too slow for Eurobeat than neither is Slower HRG Attack :grin:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Dec 2010, 07:24

drnrg wrote:I respect your opinion and all that, except your last statement. It's not written on stone that Eurobeat must be higher than 150 bpms and if pop Jager isn't too slow for Eurobeat than neither is Slower HRG Attack :grin:
Not exactly 150 BPM +, but ~140 BPM +
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 11 Jan 2011, 08:41

Top 10

1. Dejo - 1.2.3.4. Fire!
2. Domino - One-O-Nine
3. The Snake - The Snake Around
4. Jager - I Won't Fall Apart
5. Go 2 - Samurai Blue
6. The Snake - Freedom Ride
7. Go Go Girls - My Hot Guitar
8. Queen 26 - You Are My Wonder
9. Fastway - Invisible Toucn
10. Laura Vox - Jungle Of Fire

Honourable Mention since it wasn't on a regular SEB
- Academy★Kids feat. Miwako with Miyu, Haruka, Hina - Naminamina (Eurobeat Remix)

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: The Best and Worst Tracks of the 200's

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 30 May 2021, 15:58

Another TOP 10, huh?

Sorry, but this time only a TOP 5, because..... reasons (Reasons I already metioned in the other thread):

• 1. Fastway - Rock Beatin' Wild
    2. Go Go Girls - My Hot Guitar
    3. Christine - Bigga Boom
    4. Fastway - Invisible Touch
    5. DJ Moonraker - Bad

I think the 200's were pretty bad. Just these 5 Songs were really amazing, but the rest were just.... meh. And like I said, I can't remember any single track, because I don't deal with songs I don't like.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Re: The Best and Worst Tracks of the 200's

Post by Bonkers » 31 May 2021, 19:59

I'm not a big fan of the 200s. Something is just different about 2010 eurobeat as compared to the 2008 - 2009 sound. Even the Best of 2010 release seemed to pick a majority of dull tracks; the tracks that did have that chaotic and "eurobeat sound" weren't picked for the Best Of.