Super Eurobeat 213

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Mar 2011, 23:24

n . paganini wrote:Too bad that there are no extra "new" tracks included in the mix :(
That's why I'm happy about this release! No need to hunt down crappy quality extended.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 17 Mar 2011, 11:49

Sometimes, a non-stop megamix it's what all we need, all samples, remixes and sound effect...

And it's Akiba Koubou! :!:

It's enough to me.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 18 Mar 2011, 03:45

sethreed wrote:Sometimes, a non-stop megamix it's what all we need, all samples, remixes and sound effect...

It's enough to me.
Does he/they pitch the songs up?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Mar 2011, 04:31

Bonkers wrote:
sethreed wrote:Sometimes, a non-stop megamix it's what all we need, all samples, remixes and sound effect...

It's enough to me.
They probably set the songs at all the same BPMs... So, 122BPM songs at 155-160 BPM will sound... ugly. Note that they can only...
1. Increate the BPM
2. Do not change the BPM.

If they do not change the BPM, going from a slow song to afast one will sound hum... awkward.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 19 Mar 2011, 05:24

Lebon14 wrote:
Bonkers wrote:

It's enough to me.
They probably set the songs at all the same BPMs... So, 122BPM songs at 155-160 BPM will sound... ugly. Note that they can only...
1. Increate the BPM

If they do not change the BPM, going from a slow song to afast one will sound hum... awkward.
Well, not being rude, but I know how a non-stop mix works, I've been listening to mixed Happy Hardcore albums since 2002. Most continous mixes pitch the tempo up.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Mar 2011, 05:53

Bonkers
Well, not being rude, but I know how a non-stop mix works, I've been listening to mixed Happy Hardcore albums since 2002. Most continous mixes pitch the tempo up.
Well remember, Euromach? That series was rather Pitched up. That's one of the main reasons I do not enjoy nonstops. I enjoy the songs at thier normal speed. Eurobeat is fast as it is, what's the point in pitching it up to chipmunk level? Not too mention HRG Attack was allrerady using Chip & Dale as backup vocals. For me the music loses it's essence when all the male vocalists sound almost the same. That for me is pitched too high.

The other reason is that the songs are way too short(someTIMES they only feature one verse,bridge and chorus and jump start the next song on the riff). I recall TIME records songs not working at all on that series ans that just left me with a hard on to hear what songs like Love Gun,Love Rhapsody and Take My TIME would sound like in extended fasion. I think the songs should play at least untill the middle break and then gradually mix in the next song on it's intro. I actually love the art of mixing, but when done correctly. The Old Skool style. It's not about how many songs you can cram into one disc.

Like Lebon allready mentioned some of these transitions look like train wrecks on paper. How in hades is Love Toy gonna mix with Crazy Diamond. One of those songs will have to either be speeded up or slowed down. Speeding up Crazy Diamond sounds like a horrid aspect.

On the other hand I would like to listen to it at least once, because the track list features all the bombas from the last few cds. 8-15 and then again 25-28 look like fun.
8)

Anyway, no disrespect to those who cream over nonstops. They just ain't my cup of tea.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 27 Mar 2011, 03:42

Bonkers wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:
Bonkers wrote: Does he/they pitch the songs up?
1. Increate the BPM

However when being mixed digitally the mix doesn't necessarily follow a constant BPM. Some eurobeat mixes that have different styles of tracks can abruptly change BPM between tracks. What I'm getting at is not all nonstop style mixes are the same, especially between genres.

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 28 Mar 2011, 10:13

i am actually looking forward to megamixes i loved 211, 212 i only just got and i am a bit meh on a few songs.....

although i do wish they wernt taking 3 cds from this decade to make nonstops...maybe the labels are not producing "good enough" eurobeat for avex!! or they might just be slowing releases down to get a bigger catalogue of songs to choose from in the 220's

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Mar 2011, 06:36

Gorgia_v
although i do wish they wernt taking 3 cds from this decade to make nonstops...maybe the labels are not producing "good enough" eurobeat for avex!! or they might just be slowing releases down to get a bigger catalogue of songs to choose from in the 220's
AVEX is just a marketing company. What the f++k makes them think they know Eurobeat better than the labels who produce it? That's the problem with these big music companies. They always think they know better than the artists.LOL!! :D

Justican
Euro To B

Post by Justican » 29 Mar 2011, 15:43

Thing is, they dont need to know eurobeat, they only need to know how to cater for the audience that buys the CDs in Japan and no one knows this better then the DJs that get to play the music. Therefore, we get the megamixes which give a better representation of a night out and how the music is played for the audience, and with a DJ that has alot of commercial success doing megamixes in the last few years, getting Akiba Koubou to do a megamix will appeal more to the fans then you might expect.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 01 Apr 2011, 22:31

Any samples of the cd yet?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 02 Apr 2011, 06:20

Bonkers wrote:Any samples of the cd yet?
Why would you need samples? The songs included are ALL those released on SEB 211 and SEB 212... go check the samples of those albums then!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 03 Apr 2011, 02:48

Lebon14 wrote:
Why would you need samples? The songs included are ALL those released on SEB 211 and SEB 212... go check the samples of those albums then!
I mean I want to hear how the songs are going to sound in the mix, like if the songs are going to be pitched or kept the same tempo.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Apr 2011, 06:55

Bonkers wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:
I mean I want to hear how the songs are going to sound in the mix, like if the songs are going to be pitched or kept the same tempo.
If they are going to offer samples, it will be the samples of the extended... Well, it always been like that... I think.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Apr 2011, 19:13

The only really epic transition in this mix for me is Go Go The Night into Let's Get It Done Tonight - very clever and pretty smooth work right there! I also like the way that the guitar solo from House of Fire is made to sound like a natural progression from Wheelpower & Go!

Everything else is fairly standard cut and paste stuff from the brief listen I had...