Super Eurobeat 214

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 10 May 2011, 01:38

DarkSky wrote:
drnrg wrote:So is that Jimmy Diamond on vocals?
It's Ravenant in the vocals ;)
i thought it might be!!
is he bringing sara over to dima? the artist name "heather" from 215 makes me think of sara hahaha

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 May 2011, 11:47

para_rigby
Speaking of, any songs from the past year or two that people think will have a major impact years from now?
These days, I think of Eurobeat as a sort of Monthly shot of adrenaline. It's like a quick fix with every SEB that is released, but by the following month, it seems every label wants to release a song that will outdo thier other song from the previous cd. SomeTIMEs they really go over the top. ex. LOUDNESS WARS.

Now adys an SEB will have 3-5 big hits, but the rest is pretty much filler material. I look at some peoples top 10s ;mine included and there isn't too much changes on the list. In the end, we all kinda stick to the Eurobeat sound that works for us. Leaving much of the new material forgotten by the next month.

From a personal view, I think alot of these songs are classics. The expirimentaion with Slower bpms is my personal favourite route, but from general view; and in my honest opinion,I don't think none of the songs in these last 5 years will become classic status. The reasons are simple: low sales, no Eurobeat clubs left in existance and last,but not least, no more vinyl.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 10 May 2011, 13:52

drnrg wrote: no Eurobeat clubs left in existance
there were never any pure eurobeat clubs ever in existence... just events and there are still events so i dunno what you're talking about

Justican
Euro To B

Post by Justican » 10 May 2011, 17:01

drnrg wrote:I don't think none of the songs in these last 5 years will become classic status.
I just checked, from today to five years ago, is pretty much when I started listening to Super Eurobeat seriously. I started on 163, so when SEB 167 was the "brand new" super eurobeat exactly 5 years ago (19.04.2006), you will find "Christine - Yeah!" to be a very popular song even nowadays.

Every new decade of SEB releases some classic's, some are obvious, some take time, I still think "Can Can World" is still getting the rounds, and that was released in 2008 and don't forget about Para Girl by Domino.....

These are a few examples, but this is a new set of songs which are likely to pop up on many mega mix's in the future, we just need to see which ones pop up.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 11 May 2011, 05:13

Usually I take the 2nd fastest delivery option for my SEBs, but this time I tested out the fastest one and it spent like 3 times as long getting here than the slower one... conclusion, I'll never ever again do that.

But at least I got the CD finally, initial impressions are quite positive. Much more than I would have thought, but gotta give the album more time to sink in.

And I like Just A Dream <3

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 May 2011, 09:08

Tiger
there were never any pure eurobeat clubs ever in existence... just events and there are still events so i dunno what you're talking about
I always thought that Maharaja Night and Hyper Star Energy specialized in Eurobeat? I'm talking about years ago when Eurobeat was at its hight.

Justican
I just checked, from today to five years ago, is pretty much when I started listening to Super Eurobeat seriously. I started on 163, so when SEB 167 was the "brand new" super eurobeat exactly 5 years ago (19.04.2006), you will find "Christine - Yeah!" to be a very popular song even nowadays.

Every new decade of SEB releases some classic's, some are obvious, some take time, I still think "Can Can World" is still getting the rounds, and that was released in 2008 and don't forget about Para Girl by Domino.....

These are a few examples, but this is a new set of songs which are likely to pop up on many mega mix's in the future, we just need to see which ones pop up.
Maybe 5 years was kicking back one too many? I love the 160s and 170s probobly more than most. Songs like Bad Bad Bad, Akiabara Maid,Frontal Impact ,and Rider In The Sky are classics to my ears, but did any of those songs from that era ever hit the hights of Hearbreaker,Dark In The Night or Space Boy? I deliberately left out Night Of Fire cuz its burnt out. Pun intended. 8)

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 12 May 2011, 01:37

hyper star energy was a once a week event at twinstar, which closed at the end of 2003. maharaja is a chain of clubs.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 12 May 2011, 09:26

drnrg wrote:Maybe 5 years was kicking back one too many? I love the 160s and 170s probobly more than most. Songs like Bad Bad Bad, Akiabara Maid,Frontal Impact ,and Rider In The Sky are classics to my ears, but did any of those songs from that era ever hit the hights of Hearbreaker,Dark In The Night or Space Boy? I deliberately left out Night Of Fire cuz its burnt out. Pun intended. 8)
Well, 'Like A Fire', 'Eldorado and 'Super Striker' were the three biggest hits to come out of the 160s and they're still making appearances on the annual SEB compilations from time to time. The disconcerting thing is I can't name any songs from the 170s, 180s or beyond that have attained the same kind of status though. Most of us thought 'Para Girl' would after it appeared on three or four consecutive compilations in a matter of months, but even that song quickly dropped off Avex's radar (hallelujah!).

I await enlightenment though.

Justican
Euro To B

Post by Justican » 12 May 2011, 13:07

Well, unless we see another boom, we wont know if Para Girl and Can Can world will have had the impact for them to come around again. It is entirely possible that lots of random tunes pop up, some tunes don't get popular till a year after release, I can only think of a few Hi NRG examples but it has known to happen.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 12 May 2011, 21:04

Jay wrote: Well, 'Like A Fire', 'Eldorado and 'Super Striker' were the three biggest hits to come out of the 160s and they're still making appearances on the annual SEB compilations from time to time.
Super Rider, Power, and Gas Gas Gas are also pretty big still from the 170s-180s.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 12 May 2011, 22:09

I think that Power of My Love and I Won't Fall Apart from the 200s may have some staying power in the coming years. We shall see. Of course, the Japanese audience may like certain songs than what we collectively may.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 13 May 2011, 04:03

Tiger wrote:Super Rider, Power, and Gas Gas Gas are also pretty big still from the 170s-180s.
I was thinking of those three but I wasn't entirely sure if they've attained the same status as the ones I mentioned. Those songs have only featured on one compilation in the past 3 years, but then again I don't know if they're still making an impact in the clubs and whatnot. I don't keep track of any of that.
Last edited by Jay on 13 May 2011, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 13 May 2011, 04:04

Ugh. Double-post.
Last edited by Jay on 13 May 2011, 04:06, edited 2 times in total.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 13 May 2011, 04:05

Ugh. Triple-post. I'm trigger happy today apparently haha!

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 14 May 2011, 20:37

Jager has to stop with these obvious Adam Lambert rip-offs! That being said, I do like the production in his songs, SCP's work always means quality.

Clara and Capaldi are once again blessing us with lush, beautiful pieces of emotional cheeze, more please!

YES to:
Leslie Parrish - Skyline
Eurodudes - Passport To Dance
The Frisbees - Baby Go (Gilardi!!!)
Ciao Ciao - Together
Cherry - No More Love

NO to:
Speedmaster Feat. Cindy - Pretty Girl Rock
MC Boy - Just A Dream

The other tracks were good, but not too memorable. Saifam's speed is so lacking compared to what we know Mark Farina is capable of. Lets hope for a revival of their true Euro sound soon!
taQ wrote:
DarkSky wrote:
drnrg wrote:So is that Jimmy Diamond on vocals?
It's Ravenant in the vocals ;)
i thought it might be!!
is he bringing sara over to dima? the artist name "heather" from 215 makes me think of sara hahaha
PLEASE!!! GILARDI+DIMA+SARA = <3