Super Eurobeat 214

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 06 May 2011, 14:59

Recording is easy - you just need a few basics which will easily fit in a trunk of a car...Just get your laptop + mike and drive to Pamsie's place....should take 'em an hour to get the leads...in this way no pressure on her college schedule or whatever..

What really made Pamsie so irresistable was awesomness of her songs...good number of her tunes had some gorgeous melancholic melodies and awesome choruses.

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 06 May 2011, 16:38

oh snap! u mean she's in college?! wow...if thats so, then I feel like a jerk now. Oh well...when she's on summer vacation! WOOO!! I'm done for the spring time! Time for PRIDE, vodka, and Eurobeat! But if Pamsy could...she would, and love it. Plus...i have a question... :neutral:
"Is (the_ditz) avatar "Pamsy" herself? Idk why I ask, but it saw it before...?" thats my question.

Kk..later guys...gotta buy my mother flowers, a spa pass, and new cloths. <3 if I can't post a forum for sunday...HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to evr'y1, at least love her...for her hard work. (its like one of the holidays the hallmark cards made up, but we do show our mother we still love her....but I don't need a silly holiday to show her i love her everyday of my life.) <3

COOLNEKO OUT!! X3
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 06 May 2011, 20:55

coolneko - can I have some of whatever you are on as you seem to just be permanently insanely hyperactive!! :D

And yes, my avatar is Pamsy - it's no secret on this forum that I've been one of her biggest fans (much to the annoyance of some other forum members probably), but her tracks just stir emotions in me that no other Eurobeat vocalist can even come close to.

But anyway, back to the 214 discussion (since Pamsy sadly wasn't on this album)...

After quite a few solid days of heavy rotation in my car to and from work, I'm still finding the songs that really make me smile the most when they pop up are Skyline, Rhythmysticaltycious, Passport to Dance and Together (that track has such an awesome chorus!!) Also, as I predicted, Take My Life has really started to shine as well for me, thanks to the stellar chorus and the naivety of the production - not sure why it doesn't irritate here but it irritates the heck out of me on most other male SunFire tracks... I guess there's nothing that can beat great song-writing.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 May 2011, 00:44

@coolneko : Hehehe, You think Himi is intimidating? Wow... I think I should put Sveta instead it would be even more intimidating hehehe... no, just kidding. Also, I'm happy that you agree that "Rain" by E-Type should be covered by Pamsy & Jager. And, I also agree that the video doesn't make justice to the song at all.

Anyway.

My small review where I'm gonna give my thoughts over the songs of this album. It's not a full fledge review. I could do a full fledge review but the best words for it would only come out in French so... Anyway, let's go ahead.

01. BECAUSE OF YOU / Jager -- SCP
This is probably one of the most epic Eurobeat songs in a while. Perfect beat and melodies match with a a very nice masculine voice. The lyrics actually makes sense now with SCP which could explain why Jager is popular. For me, this is a huge because you could easily figure out a video for it. One of the best moment of the song is the breakdown after the first verse. It makes the song incredibly epic. I sense that this song could be a next Night Of Fire of some sort.

10/10

02. SKYLINE / Leslie Parrish -- Delta
First of all, when Cherry hold the "i" in "Skyline", it somehow bugs me and especially the last time she sings it when entering the riff. Otherwise, the song isn't bad. It got nice melodies with original Delta sounds. The riff is nothing out of the ordinary. The guitar in the breakdown is a nice little touch methinks. Overall, it's a nice song overall but nothing too special.

8/10

03. THE MAGIC I FEEL / April -- SCP
This is... AMAZING. I love this vocoder-sounding voice. It fits the mood perfectly. The songs also an amazing soundworld and nice touches here and here. Also, I remarked that there's an offbeat beat just before the riff. It sounds weird each time I hear it. I guess it's one of those case, when you hear, you can't unhear. Anyway, amazing song. SCP really got it!

10/10

04. RHYTHMYSTICALTYCIOUS / Lolita -- Go Go's Music
God I hate to spell that song title. Anyway, the thing that throws me off is that the intro is serious sounding and then everything goes back to happy-go-lucky sounding soundworld. With that intro I thought it would be more serious sounding but I guess not that much. Anyway, the song is good but I think Lolita wasn't the right singer to sing this coz it really sound ackward. Anyway, I'm one of those rare EB fans which isn't fan of her.

8/10

05. PASSPORT TO DANCE / Eurodudes -- SinclaireStyle
Ha! Well, guess what! That distortion is wanted! Anyway. The song is filled with hawtness, energy and all you want. Extremely exciting sounds and is a great song to sing along! It got everything Eurobeat should have! Perfect song (except those sound issues).

10/10

06. BOOM BOOM SCREAM / Domino & Scream Team -- SCP
I checked my calendar and we're still a couple of months away from October. Sigh, what can you do about that. Anyway, the song seem not to grab attention until you see the small music video. It's where the song got my attention and grew on me! Domino really got it and the males are really adding a catchy layer to the lyrics. The riff is really fits the Halloweeny mood the song offers. Really, once you are into the song, you can't get out of it!

9/10

07. BABY GO / The Frisbees -- Dima
Ugh... there's very few to say when the song means nothing to your ears. The intro is kinda energy less. The riff could have used some more punch. The verse, bridge kinda make it back for the rest but... I've probably changed the track already. Yeah, so let the rating speak.

7/10

08. BLACKOUT / Nine9Nine -- Dima
You can't tell how much the song grew on me when I hear the extended! It maybe doesn't have the most exciting guitar riff but it got one hell of a catchy bridge and chorus! Great exiciting song from Dima! ...but fav. Eurock is still "Speed Of Light" from The Snake.

9.5/10

09. PRETTY GIRL ROCK / Speedmaster Feat. Cindy -- Speed Records
*Yawn* Can't make it through the "synth riff". Next.

0/10

10. TOGETHER / Ciao Ciao -- Hi-NRG Attack
This isn't bad at all. In fact, I kinda like it. The chorus is amazing and what I like the most is the fact is that the voice isn't pitched at all. It seem that Hi-NRG took a liking to real voices instead of pitching everything up everywhere. Thumbs up to that! The sound world is what Hi-NRG Attack do best and their best effort is heard. I still like it!

8/10

11. JUST A DREAM (FACTORY SPEEDO MIX) / Mc Boy -- Speed Records
Somehow, I seem to remember the first verse most instead of the whole song haha. Otherwise, this is a great song even though I don't love rap at all. So, the original is unknown to me. Great energy, catchy and good sing along potential! Too bad that the rap's lyrics isn't in the booklet :(

9.5/10

12. YOU ARE IN LOVE / MICHELLE ROSE -- Hi-NRG Attack
The only overly slow song of the album but... gawd... it's amazing! Original speed and speed up versions (because I always love to speed them up to know how they sound)! The sound world is incredibly catchy and the riff is AMAZING! The vocals are so dreamy like I love them! Really... Amazing!

10/10

13. TAKE MY LIFE / Rich Hard -- Sunfire Records
That first part of the intro is... weird. But once it picks up, it's really nice. It might be teh first song by Rich Hard I am really enjoying. The riff is amazing and the overall soundworld is really catchy and much better than they were producing lately. Much efforst were put into this and I love it!

9.5/10

14. NO MORE LOVE / Cherry -- Delta
These sounds I miss them. Even if the song wasn't produced by Newfield, I miss him dealy. Onto the song, I think it's a nice song overall with nice vocals and a good synth hook. But it's far from matching Yes I Will and Set Me Free, though.

8.5/10

15. Ding-A-Ling (Eurogrooves Healing Remix) / Jilly -- Avex/Eurogrooves
No review for this.

N/A.

Label breakdown :
SunFire/A-Beat-C : 1
Delta : 2
Saifam/Asia/Whatever : 2
Hi-NRG Attack : 2
SCP : 3
Dima : 2
SinclaireStyle : 1
Go Go's Music : 1
Eurogrooves/Avex : 1 (Healing)

Overall, this is a very good album. Really. This is really enjoyable and most importantly, it is mostly speedy (check the screenshot below)! This is a nice step forward back to popularity. SCP really stood out on this one and each label got his part out of the game excepted for Eurgrooves that seem to like to have buttsecks from Avex and can't seem to do anything else than remixes. Anyway, I recommand the album.

8.5/10
180 BPM for Just A Dream o_O
Last edited by Lebon14 on 07 May 2011, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 07 May 2011, 05:21

Love this review

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 May 2011, 07:05

Lebon14
04. RHYTHMYSTICALTYCIOUS / Lolita -- Go Go's Music
God I hate to spell that song title. Anyway, the thing that throws me off is that the intro is serious sounding and then everything goes back to happy-go-lucky sounding soundworld. With that intro I thought it would be more serious sounding but I guess not that much. Anyway, the song is good but I think Lolita wasn't the right singer to sing this coz it really sound ackward. Anyway, I'm one of those rare EB fans which isn't fan of her.
That's not too rare. I'm not a big fan either. My favourit song of her's is still Cooling My Desire and not much else, unless half of Go Go Girls.

Good review, though we share different opinions ,its still good.
A couple things.

1.Because of you will not become the next Night Of Fire :D That had me rolling.
2. The original "Just A Dream" is an atrosity to music.
3. check out the electro pop version of that Jilly song. It's much better and worthy of a review.
4. Last but not least. I told you ,you would warm up to HRG Attack's slow style. :P Just teasing you, you know.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 07 May 2011, 13:44

It just feels like Sandro and Domino arent producing the Lolita style from before. They're experimenting with more serious sounds and complicated rhythms for that alias which i dont think is a good thing. I haven't truly enjoyed a Lolita song since A-Beat C and GoGos split. The closest was Goodnight Kiss and Hurry Up Hurry Up which faded quickly.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 May 2011, 19:16

thejti wrote:It just feels like Sandro and Domino arent producing the Lolita style from before. They're experimenting with more serious sounds and complicated rhythms for that alias which i dont think is a good thing. I haven't truly enjoyed a Lolita song since A-Beat C and GoGos split. The closest was Goodnight Kiss and Hurry Up Hurry Up which faded quickly.
I couldn't disagree more. The tracks Lolita and Virginelle are putting out there now are melodically dynamic with plenty of unique ideas and rhythms. I can't wait to hear what amazing concoction they think up next! Goodnight Kiss has been Lolita's weakest GGM track IMO...

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 07 May 2011, 19:19

I'm with ditz on this one, Goodnight Kiss comes pretty much last in the line of Lolita releases under GGM. I like the new style she's been given, though I do feel she doesn't get to scream as frequently as she should, but that's beside the point.

And my CD did not arrive before the weekend, I r disappoint.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 09 May 2011, 01:16

i thought i was making things up when i remember someone saying gilardi was joining dima, and then when I heard Baby Go I thought it sounded like one of his songs....

07. BABY GO [Extended] / THE FRISBEES
(A.Gilardi - D.Di Marcantonio)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 May 2011, 05:26

So is that Jimmy Diamond on vocals?

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 09 May 2011, 09:25

Lebon14 wrote:01. BECAUSE OF YOU / Jager -- SCP
I sense that this song could be a next Night Of Fire of some sort.
You have got to be kidding, right?

Had I reviewed 'Samurai Blue' or 'Legendary Heart', I could have essentially copied-and-pasted my thoughts to this song; everything good and bad about those two songs applies here as well. Sure, 'Because Of You' is a finely produced SCP song that provides a lot of short-term buzz, but once that initial impact has worn off there's nothing to distinguish this track from the other recent ones in SCP's catalog. In a genre where there's thousands upon thousands of songs we can choose to listen to, atypicality and longevity are so very important.

I hate to say it, but as polished as these recent SCP productions are, they're quickly turning into the HRG of the 170s, 180s and 190s with their stale and unchanging synths. The fact that so many people trashed the innovative and different 'What D'You Want From Me' probably doesn't give the producers at SCP much incentive to break away from this mindlessly typical affair. Great job.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 09 May 2011, 19:12

drnrg wrote:So is that Jimmy Diamond on vocals?
It's Ravenant in the vocals ;)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 May 2011, 22:11

@Jay : I was not kidding, btw. But I see Jager having great potential of being super popular like many other artists did in the past or the present that still holds a high popularity (Dave Rodgers, Lolita, Ace & Fastway, etc)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 10 May 2011, 01:36

I have to agree with you Lebon14. Jager is a great vocalist for SCP. I don't know how popular his songs have been in Japan with that crowd, but many people on here really love his songs. Glad to see SCP experimenting with new sounds on his songs.

I don't know if they would reach the popularity of Night of Fire. I'm sort of puzzled why said song is or was so friggin' popular.

Speaking of, any songs from the past year or two that people think will have a major impact years from now?