Super Eurobeat 214

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Mar 2011, 01:54

Bonkers
I also like that the songs are slightly pitched up, so it has that chipmunk effect.
I can honestly say that you are the first member that I acualy see admit to liking the chipmunk effect. I'm sure there are many or else AVEX wouldn't have pitched up the songs so, but you are first to admit it.

the_ditz
Yeah, but that probably only had an influence in Dima's releases because DarkSky is so active around here. Not really sure the Dall'ora is on this site all that much...
aw Ditz, you are bursting my bubble man, You might as well just kick me square in the nuts(South Park reference)but U are right about Dall Ora.

Anyway, for what it's worth, if Jager is indeed the voice behind Mike Snap and Robbie Boy ect.. then I really prefer that Blast style over any new Jager material we might get. This is of course judging after the ear torture "What Daya Want From Me?" was. and to answer that question; more Hotblade and less Jager is what I want :D

oh my last prediction for the moment is that we should be getting that debut from Todd Plant, don't you think so?

Anyway, what other ones. We got a whole month of wishlisting

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 22 Mar 2011, 04:50

drnrg wrote:Anyway, for what it's worth, if Jager is indeed the voice behind Mike Snap and Robbie Boy ect.. then I really prefer that Blast style over any new Jager material we might get.
I 100% agree with this. I much prefer not only Jager/Mike Snap singing under Blast! but also Irene/Romi. I absolutely love all of Romi's songs at Blast!, but I struggle to enjoy her as a SCP artist.

I know a lot of people say Blast! and SCP have very similar styles, but I'm not so sure. There's something about Blast! that's more epic and impactful than SCP, especially as of late. SCP's songs these days lack the spark and originality they once possessed IMO.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 22 Mar 2011, 06:01

Jay wrote:
drnrg wrote:Anyway, for what it's worth, if Jager is indeed the voice behind Mike Snap and Robbie Boy ect.. then I really prefer that Blast style over any new Jager material we might get.
I 100% agree with this. I much prefer not only Jager/Mike Snap singing under Blast! but also Irene/Romi. I absolutely love all of Romi's songs at Blast!, but I struggle to enjoy her as a SCP artist.

I know a lot of people say Blast! and SCP have very similar styles, but I'm not so sure. There's something about Blast! that's more epic and impactful than SCP, especially as of late. SCP's songs these days lack the spark and originality they once possessed IMO.
Its the Avex control difference. On Farm, Alberto was free to do what he wanted and I always thought of Blast being a mix of A-Beat C with SCP sounds. While I adore SCP, you have to wonder what direction SCP (or any other label) would have taken if they released stuff through Farm. Though from what I hear, 214 will mark the return of some speedy stuff for all labels as 7A has requested the labels to put that style out more, in particular HRG.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 22 Mar 2011, 09:20

thejti wrote:
Jay wrote:

Its the Avex control difference. On Farm, Alberto was free to do what he wanted and I always thought of Blast being a mix of A-Beat C with SCP sounds. While I adore SCP, you have to wonder what direction SCP (or any other label) would have taken if they released stuff through Farm. Though from what I hear, 214 will mark the return of some speedy stuff for all labels as 7A has requested the labels to put that style out more, in particular HRG.
That's an interesting little piece of info. Hopefully HRG won't completely abandon their slower style, but it will be nice to change things up again with the speedier stuff.

I agree that Blast! has a lot more impact and is far more melodic than SCP has been of late. I get the impression that for the main part, SCP has been told to "dumb down" their sound somewhat, but Set Me Free by Ace gives me the hope that they might still be able to pick up the pace again in the future :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Mar 2011, 07:31

the_ditz
That's an interesting little piece of info. Hopefully HRG won't completely abandon their slower style, but it will be nice to change things up again with the speedier stuff.
I second that, however if a faster style is makimg a comeback, then we might see Eurogrooves in the horizon. 8)

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 25 Mar 2011, 14:26

According to Nanae it's gonna be the blue cover ;)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Apr 2011, 18:44

And here it is:

(Credit to dj tomoe on IDWorld)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 12 Apr 2011, 11:44

1. BECAUSE OF YOU / JAGER
2. SKYLINE / LESLIE PARRISH
3. THE MAGIC I FEEL / APRIL
4. RHYTHMYSTICALTYCIOUS / LOLITA
5. PASSPORT TO DANCE / EURODUDES
6. BOOM BOOM SCREAM / DOMINO & SCREAM TEAM
7. BABY GO / THE FRISBEES
8. BLACKOUT / NINE9NINE (Dima Eurorock, comments say)
9. PRETTY GIRL ROCK / SPEEDMASTER feat. CINDY
10. TOGETHER / CIAO CIAO
11. JUST A DREAM / MC BOY (comments talk about a rapper from Austin, Texas...?)
12. YOU ARE IN LOVE / MICHELLE ROSE
13. TAKE MY LIFE / RICH HARD
14. NO MORE LOVE / CHERRY
15. DING A LING / JILLY (comments say it is healing version)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 12 Apr 2011, 12:08

Tiger wrote:1. BECAUSE OF YOU / JAGER
10. TOGETHER / CIAO CIAO
There are some very interesting titles here...from Lolita, Eurodudes, and Speedmaster ft Cindy! Can I assume that that The Frisbees are Saifam? Any ideas what label has Eurodudes?

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 12 Apr 2011, 12:48

Now that I think about it, Just A Dream might be a cover of Nelly / Just A Dream because Nelly is a rapper who was born in Austin, Texas =/

edit: it's another saifam cover. duh. http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/just-a ... d421386396

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 12 Apr 2011, 14:35

Elena <3 preordering now

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Apr 2011, 15:42

With my initial comments...
Tiger wrote:1. BECAUSE OF YOU / JAGER
- Awesome, love this track, knew it would be on here! :)
- For some reason, I've never really loved the Leslie Parrish tracks as much as the Cherry tracks - nice title though. Also, bizarre to have both and Leslie Parrish and Cherry track on the same album...
- Wow, had totally forgotten about April (I'm assuming it's the same April that did Hanami from SEB 196) - more j-pop inspired sounds to get the core audience interested?
- WTF is going on with that title? Besides that, Gobbi's last two solo tracks have been melodic treats, so excited to hear this one ;)
- Sounds very 90's Eurodance-esque, but since there are already two Saifam tracks I could be wrong... could it be the long awaited return of Eurogrooves? My instinct says no...
- Hyped to hear this - would of course be even more epic with Pamsy back on lead vocals for Scream Team though...
- Interesting - I can't helps but think of the Saifam act The Zippers, but again I'm probably way off the mark...
- If this is rock, I won't be impressed. I want 14 new purely Eurobeat tracks - leave the other mixes for the 15th track! Still, interesting to see another new Dima alias.
- Hmmm, a cover of a Keri Hilson song it appears - I miss having original Saifam tracks with those epic synth hooks :(
10. TOGETHER / CIAO CIAO
- Brand new off the press considering it doesn't even show in the current catalog. Has a lot to live up to considering Ciao Ciao's last mega-smash!
- If this is the Factory Speedo Mix, it's 180BPM!! But yeah, rap on a Super Eurobeat? I'll pass thanks...
- The other triumphant female alias from recent times returns to the fray - can't wait to hear this one!
- I'm really hoping this is more like Pirates than Tell Me Why...
- Here's hoping Clara can round off this SEB in style with another Yes I Will-style anthem!
- I just can't imagine a "healing version" of this one at all...
A mixed bag, but my thoughts are definitely more positive than negative at this stage! Lots of new aliases to savour :)

EDIT: confirmed on Dima Music's FB page, they have only 2 tracks on this album. Doesn't mention what they are though...

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 12 Apr 2011, 19:32

Apparent loitering with too much SAifam junk...BOOoooo!!!!

No obvious Sinclaire is id'ed.

Splendid to have our Delta back on the menue...

*Boom Boom sCream*....kiddy shout outs that our Doc will surely enjoy...

Some ppl complained on too much Dima....they got their wish...not much of him here at all...

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 12 Apr 2011, 21:14

Yay! Eurobeat is coming back to life! :D I'm hyped about this one.

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 12 Apr 2011, 21:21

More Elena! Lets hope this trend continues where she is on multiple albums again but I'll remain doubtful...

Glad to see Delta back though, along with the anticipation Domino and Scream Team.