Euroenergy Vol. 1-3

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 22 Apr 2011, 02:41

Review of the Euroenergy Albums

Euroenergy Vol. 1

1. Manolo - Wanna Belong To Me 5/5

Obviously it's Manuel on vocals but this song is not his typical style. Nor is it the "Sinclaire" influenced style from Countdown To Destination. It's something different that mixes the old style Rodgers/Oliva sound with Edo and Mega NRG Man. The slow bpms are much appreciated and the overall sound is killer. It almost as if A-Beat C and Dima merged on this track.

2. Bon Tempest - Be Alive 5/5

Powerful T. sings on this track and the sound is the Powerful T. sound just with a harder rock edge and harder synths. The singing is phenomenal with a killer chorus. Hard to imagine Avex turned this away for some of the other stuff they released during the 170s and 180s from him.

3. Terry Lennon - Fox On The Run 5/5

As mentioned by others, the synth hook/riff is from Tell Me Why. The chorus is awesome and I don't recognize the singer at all. It almost sounds a little bit like Kaioh/Freddy Rodgers but I'm sure it's not him at all. The energy is strong and this sound should have again made the SEB list.

4. Tracy Neumann - Jump 4/5

A lot of people may be unfamiliar with the voice as he's only had three songs released (Rock Your Fire, Dance Into Your Fire, Falling Into My Heart) but this is Terrence Holler. The song is decent enough but isn't too dissimilar from other stuff released on A-Beat C. I do enjoy the sound however and find myself repeating the chorus a few times. Definitely better than some of his other tracks so again I don't see why Avex turned this away.

5. Tex - Rock & Rolling (05:29) 6/5

What can I say, the sound is just phenomenal. The country styled singing by Brian Ice mixed with acoustic guitar and A-Beat C SEB 100-140 style = amazing. The lyrics are really cool and just an amazing song that may have been passed over only because of how different the style is.

6. Hellback - Just Heaven & Hell 5/5

The song (and I'm pretty sure the singer is him too) is straight up Black Power style. Classic A-Beat C style from when Initial D started. It's very easy to imagine this song being on an episode of Initial D and even a parapara being created for it. I'm also very sure that's Domino in the background. Such a powerful song with great guitar sounds.

7. Kerry Lowe - I Got To Tell You 5/5

The singer of Spock lends his voice to this track. Sounds like a mix of the guitars from Rock Your Fire with Shout by J.Storm. I wouldn't be surprised if this was either created at the same time or eventually became Shout. Absolutely awesome and powerful. Employs a lot of the sounds A-Beat C used during the SEB 150's decade.

8. Alejandro - It's Now Time To Show 4/5

Much better than many of the Mega NRG Man songs released by A-Beat C during 160s and 170s. Listening to the synth style, I have to imagine this was done when A-Beat C started using the really airy synths of that time. Not a bad song or sound and the synth hook/riff is really good but the rest of the song is typical A-Beat C.

9. Apollo - Forever And Ever 5/5

I've always loved Digital Planet's speedy powerful Aishu style. The echo vocal effects they always use on those songs make his vocals sound so epic. Very dreamy style and very cool sounds.

10. Tobias feat. The Call - Angel of My Heart 3/5

This song should be epic considering it's mixing two generations of A-Beat C (DJ NRG with Nuage). In the end, it seems like the song gets lost in the middle of itself. The riff is a big mess. The redeeming part is the chorus which is actually really decent.

11. The Beginner - Revolution N/A

This song isn't Eurobeat so a review on a Eurobeat site is pointless.

Euroenergy Vol. 2

1. The Lusty Girl - Play My Song 5/5

My guess is that this originally a King & Queen track with Annalise singing as during the 160s-180s. Actually a very catchy song that again is a travesty that it was left off the SEB series. I feel much better than Go Go Go Baby Go (and I loved GGGBG).

2. Larry Queen - Big Love 5/5

Absolutely thrilling synth hook mixed with SCP Double style. I'm almost tempted to say this is actually created by Stefano and Evelina back when they created Double. Sounds too much like their style for it to not be them. DJ NRG sounds really cool here.

3. Candy Apple - Baby One More Time 3/5

At first the singing is very similar to Nuage, but I'm pretty sure now that that's Annalise on vocals. The song is extremely fast. This would have been a perfect addition to the Euromach series had it continued. I think the speed is a little too much as it seems the vocals were pitched up due to the sound. It's a fun little track but the novelty wears off fast after a few spins.

4. DJ's Gang - Dance Baby Tonight 3/5

A song that tries mixing a little romantic DJ NRG with Powerful T. styled synths ends up not really going anywhere special. Had a lot of potential. an otherwise forgettable track if it wasn't for the fact that Ken Lazslo is singing.

5. Chanel - I Really Wonder 5/5

I love the synth hook/riff so much. This is classic Nuage. I imagine this was created around the time Let's Go Dee Jay and I Feel Fine were created. I'm a huge Nuage fan so to hear this style again makes me miss this on SEB.

6. Jenny Bellucci - Getting Ready For A Night 5/5

This is like Norma Sheffield and Valentina on crack. The song is absolutely fantastic. Again, I'm tempted to say this is an old SCP Double track. I'm almost certain that the singer there is Christine. I adore this song as the energy is straight from Eurobeat Flash. The aishu synth hook/riff hides a very powerful yet melodic track. Amazing.

7. Sally Moon Project - We Can Reach the Sky 6/5

I'm really tempted to try and find out when this song was created as this could be the source material for the Mari-San tracks. I love the synths, I love the slow, house infused bass and drums, I love everything this song offers. I wish if it was possible to know if Oliva worked on this. It sounds to much like him. I'm also pretty sure that Nuage is singing the vocals to this song and knowing how close Sandro and Nuage are, it wouldn't be surprising if this an old Sandro track.

8. Tobias - Stop The Time 4/5

I've never heard DJ strain so much singing. The chorus manages to put everything together in a nice package... except for the package isn't complete. The ending of the song just ends leaving people scratching their heads trying to figure out exactly what happened. I believe with another singer, this song could have been much better but it's nice as it is.

9. Cindy - Baby Tonight 4/5

Another song with Double infused sound. This song could fit so well in the Dancemania Speed series. It is very FAST. The singing is very great even though its easy to tell that it was pitched up. Anytime I have an urging for Speed style tracks, this song gives me a huge fix.

10. Alejandro - Loving Heat 2/5

I got so lost hearing to this song... the parts that managed to survive anyway. Problem one was the fact that there's a few times while listening to this song that it completely cuts out. I'm not sure if this was an issue with Apple or the master track but it's rather annoying. The song that remains isn't all to special and it's easy to see why Avex chose Up & Down Spin Me Like A Record over this.

11. Mandy - Hey Hey Baby Come On 5/5

If Domino & Sandro released a Lolita song like this, I would be so happy. This is the traditional Lolita style I've been missing for forever. I'm pretty sure that Annalise is the singer here though she does a very good job here. I love the chorus!

Euroenergy Vol. 3

1. Norma Sheffield - Free In The Sky 5/5

I've never enjoyed a Norma so much as I enjoyed this song. This song has some energy compared to the typical Norma songs I'm so used to. I believe the sounds effects in the background add a little bit as well as the slightly harder synths and drums they used for this song compared to a typical Norma song. The synth hook/riff is killer!

2. Falko - Up All Night N/A

A hyper techno song out of nowhere? Sorta cool but I've heard better. Sounds like the synth from King'O Kingo Beat.

3. Sheila B - Come On Baby 3/5

Another fast Eurobeat song. I'm tempted to say that Nuage is the singer just massively pitched up to the speed. Another candidate for Dancemania Speed but not as good.

4. Tobias - Doky Doky 3/5

Energetic with the airy synths from the 170s to 180s. Not much to say about this song other than it's just another DJ NRG song that I didn't hate but didn't love. Disappointed.

5. Alejandro - Mexico N/A

Only reason I'm not grading this song is that it's exactly In The Sunrise by Mega NRG Man with a different chorus.

6. DJ's Gang - Dance Dance 3/5

DJ NRG gets the speedy treatment. Much better production values than Doky Doky. I could swear he sings "My baby Domino, dancing in Tokyo!" which is weird to hear lol... Decent song but I've heard better.

7. Sheila B - Look Into The Sky 3/5

Another speedy track this time sung by Annalise. I could do with much less speed for this song. The song is decent but theres nothing special about it.

8. DJ's Gang - Toyland 2/5

Yet another speedy track that has this time both Annalise and DJ NRG on one track. Instead of focusing on the traditional speed of Eurobeat, this seems to be where A-Beat tried to pull a Delta and go incredibly fast.

9. Charlie Angel - You're Mine 5/5

Finally the speed dips a bit. The singing is very decent and the synth hook is great. I find myself humming this song a few times. When a song causes me to hit repeat, the song did it's job.

10. Alejandro - Be A Hero 4/5

The took all the sappyness from the previous DJ NRG songs and put them into a Mega NRG Man track that while it doesn't really stand out much, it's very inspirational. I've never heard Mega NRG Man sing so epically.

11. Charlie Angel - I'm A Sunshine 5/5

After listening to this song, I'm tempted to say this is the same singer as Mel Rose from Burning Highway that was never used again (unfortunately). I love this song and everything it provides. Classic A-Beat C style.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 22 Apr 2011, 04:23

okay i have to give my opinion on this haha

I have been listening to these albums since a few days now and I praaaaise the person who put this online on itunes, seriously. My favorite current label is Akiba Koubou as a lot of you know , but my favorite eurobeat label and sound of ALL TIME , is ABeatC during those days! It makes me so nostalgic <3

ive been constantly looping songs like Toyland , Fox On The Run (which i like 349829483029 times better than Tell Me Why even though Tell Me Why kicks ass for a newer Eurobeat song) , Wanna Belong To Me , I Really Wonder and much more...

that speedy style of Toyland is like if SCP got a hold of ABeatC for a couple of songs ... im disappointed we haven't really seen the days of this style of ABeatC on Super Eurobeat :(

at first i was thinking there was hope in Eurobeat, thinking these were new productions ... but im figuring most of this is old ABeatC stuff :/ . I also heard they have hundreds of unreleased songs so we might get more albums soon. Hoping for Rock Your Body/Nuage also which is an amazing track i heard a couple of years ago...

If i would review these i would give probably all 10/10 , and i will be probably listening this more than Super Eurobeat for the weeks to come haha :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Apr 2011, 05:45

thejti
Review of the Euroenergy Albums
Excellent Job! Really gives me an idea of what to expect.

Seems Gianni Corraini was real busy at AbeatC studios even after I thought he was long gone.

Too bad no other Giacomo Caria gems were discovered.

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 22 Apr 2011, 14:18

Terry Lennon sounds to me more like Ray Sun from SEB 172. By the way that song is awsome! :)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 27 Apr 2011, 12:08

I'm simply reposting this from Initial D World...I'm sorry if this person posts in forums:

Eurodance:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/euro-dance/id414951445

Though none of these artists names appeared on A Beat C or Sound And Vision, they have that classic techno/eurodance sound.

Not sure how they came up with the name Lenny Gibson, but it's none other than Lolita/Annerly Gordon, "Get Up", the fantastic disco energy track called "I Like It" and a track that sounds like an unreleased Roxanne track called "We Got The Music".

KJ Wainwright aka Karen/Kelly Wright & Wain L gets a new moniker. She is Amanda Hurley with great techno songs "Gotta Have It", "My Lover" and the excellent "The Face"

Other artists include Paula Adu, Sheila Barley, Black Magic, Nu Age (not Nuage) and "The Rewind".

I could not resist and I had to ditch those fake names and give them their real fake names.

I'm looking at Cheesman's unreleased tracks and "The Face" appears to be "Save The Face" written by G.Pasquini, F.Guio. "Get Up" must be "Don't Stop The Groove" written by G.Pasquini, L.Pernici. "Gotta Have It" is "Inject Your Love" written by Pasquini.

Looking through the list, it appears Rock 'n Rolling by Tex is actually called "Rockin' On Heaven's Door" written by G.Pasquini, F.Rizzolo. "You're Mine" by Charlie Angel is Mel Rose's "Mine" and Apollo's "Forever & Ever" is by Digital Planet.

There must be absolutely hundreds of unreleased A Beat C songs.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 28 Apr 2011, 17:46

Listening to the samples, Lenny Gibson is Elena Gobbi not Annerley Gordon, though Annerely does appear to be Sheila Barley (and like some of her other eurodance songs, it samples lines from one of her Eurobeat songs).

I'll definately be getting some of these songs when I buy a new gift card :)

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 30 May 2011, 09:19

Guys, do you know any other source than iTunes to get these albums?
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 30 May 2011, 11:27

Here is another place where you can get :)
http://music.napster.com/apollo-music/a ... 1/14074059

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 30 May 2011, 15:42

Thanks but napster seems trash.
"Most MP3s available from Napster are encoded at a 256 kbps bitrate, however some are only available at 128 kbps. The bitrate is listed in the purchase confirmation window at the time of purchase."
Only at time of purchase? Wgat is this, lottery? Also, purchased songs are with DRM protection, suggested to use media player and not sure I can write them to cd.
I don't like rules. I won't pay for rules.
D I A B O L I K

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 30 May 2011, 16:36

Ricfiam wrote:Thanks but napster seems trash.
"Most MP3s available from Napster are encoded at a 256 kbps bitrate, however some are only available at 128 kbps. The bitrate is listed in the purchase confirmation window at the time of purchase."
Only at time of purchase? Wgat is this, lottery? Also, purchased songs are with DRM protection, suggested to use media player and not sure I can write them to cd.
I don't like rules. I won't pay for rules.
Ou didn't know that. I have never used this site before. Just found it on web. But thanks for info :)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 30 May 2011, 17:25

Ricfiam wrote:Guys, do you know any other source than iTunes to get these albums?
You can buy it on amazon too http://www.amazon.com/Euroenergy-Vol-3/ ... =8-1-fkmr1

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 31 May 2011, 03:05

Tiger wrote:
Ricfiam wrote:Guys, do you know any other source than iTunes to get these albums?
You can buy it on amazon too http://www.amazon.com/Euroenergy-Vol-3/ ... =8-1-fkmr1
Did you know that only American users can buy from Amazon.com MP3?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 31 May 2011, 06:07

Pff I'm in Europe. So why is Eurobeat going down? Not enough popularity? It should be available for everyone, everywhere. In any format. Bleh.
D I A B O L I K

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 31 May 2011, 08:33

Ricfiam wrote:Pff I'm in Europe. So why is Eurobeat going down? Not enough popularity? It should be available for everyone, everywhere. In any format. Bleh.
It's on amazon.co.uk and co.jp, co.fr etc too if you bothered to check

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 31 May 2011, 09:01

I really want to get all the songs but there is no options.
Anywhere else besides napster and amazon?
Only Us costumers can buy from amazon. :(