Guitars in eurobeat

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
StrikeXero
Bad Bad Bad

Guitars in eurobeat

Post by StrikeXero » 27 Aug 2011, 06:21

Hey everyone new member here, I first started listening to Eurobeat back when I was 15 because of Initial D. I haven't head it in a long while until I recently came across some Eurobeat cd's I burned back then. Anyway after I heard some of them I remembered how awesome these songs were. So I was wondering, if anyone can name some songs that have guitars in them. I want to do some guitar covers, right now the only ones I remember were Wild Reputation 2005, Power of Sound, Final Game, and Spark in the Dark. If anyone could give some suggestions that would be great, thank you.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Aug 2011, 10:15

Guitars are a big part of the Eurobeat structure. You can find them in all of Dave Rodger's songs. Here are some other examples. Robert Patton- Big In Japan, RCS(Rodgers,Contini,Sinclaire- Black Jack Fever, The Snake- Queen Of Mean, Frank Torpedo- Made For Loving You,Mike Hammer- Heartbreaker,EDO Boys- My Rock Is For Japan,Toby Ash- Bad Boy Blue,Thomas T.- High Satisfaction. Those are some of my favourites, but there are tons more.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 27 Aug 2011, 11:37

Sun Fire / A-Beat-C (The go to label when you want guitars, since there are too many to name, I'll just pick out one or two songs each from my fav list for their guitar heavy aliases)

Fire Dragon / Dave Rodgers feat Patrick Rondat
Lucky Man / Dave Rodgers
The Road Is On Fire / Matt Land feat Kiko Loureiro
King Of The Race / Powerful T feat Alex De Rosso
Super Eurobeat (Gold Mix) / Dave & Futura
Mad About You / Ace Warrior
No Religion / Ace Warrior
Gettin You Gettin Me / J Storm
Dancin In My Dreams / J Storm

SCP (The alias that utlises the most guitars are The Snake from this label)

Freedom Ride / The Snake
Queen Of Mean, as mentioned
Rock Beatin Wild / Fastway

Dima Music

Help Me / David Dima
Freedom / David Dima
Crazy / David Dima

Eurogroove/Time (They have quite a bit as the dr has said, but try out these two)

Speedman / Dave Simon
Heartbreaker 2007 / Toby Vale

GGM (Can only think of one at the moment)

My Hot Guitar / Go Go Girls

Sinclaire Style (Only one as well, but the guitars kicks alot of ass)

Wheelpower & Go! / Dejo & Bon

As for Delta and Hi-NRG Attack, I can't really recall anything. I am aware that there are a lot more but I can't list out every single one of them.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Aug 2011, 12:34

Don't forget "Speed Of Light" by The Snake. This is my favorite The Snake song ever!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 27 Aug 2011, 13:03

My favorite was the guitar solo in "Pilot is the Hero"...sadly it wasn't put in on the radio edit, but glorious in the extended version!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 27 Aug 2011, 13:52

I've always loved Nick Mansell's tracks that are heavy on guitar usage, especially Mission Impossible & Burn Me Up. :)

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 27 Aug 2011, 16:03

Hi NRG Attack used a lot of guitars, especially post-2004. Maid Attack?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Aug 2011, 01:03

Usually, most songs performed by Dave Rodgers have some sort of guitar usage in them. Also, any sabi to a song by The Snake uses guitars.

Sometimes, guitars can be implemented marvelously even in female tracks, as well as male tracks. I absolutely love the guitar riff + solo in Christine's When 'U Smile, from SEB 176. It breathes in a ton of life into a tune that's rather simple, yet super-sweet. In my opinion, that track is the most underrated eurobeat song of all time. Nobody else besides me seems to remember it, maybe because it was overshadowed by her previous track, Viva La Noche, a couple albums earlier (even though that really isn't even my favorite outing of hers). I don't know. I just think it's really cool to hear something so different from the norm that works so beautifully all the same.
ImageImage

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 28 Aug 2011, 02:19

I'm surprised no one mentioned Sun City :?

Although it's pretty obvious, the new eurock songs have guitars in them as well.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 28 Aug 2011, 02:50

Tiger wrote:I'm surprised no one mentioned Sun City :?

Although it's pretty obvious, the new eurock songs have guitars in them as well.
I did wanted to pick a song from the Jennifer Batten collabs, especially Fly or Sun City, but I ultimately went with the later songs as a starting point for the OP since these songs are rather old.

I also didn't mention the eurocks (excluding rock remixes on SEB) because they are not very easy to gain access to, so unless the OP is a native Japanese, I just left it out entirely.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 02 Sep 2011, 02:19

Any track from SCP artist The Snake. Any track featuring Stef Burns, Jennifer Batten and Kiko Loureiro @ AbeatC Records.

Also if you're in to J-euro a lot of DJ Command tracks have guitar solos in them like Uchuu Senkan Yamato, Ai Wo Torimodose, Mazinger Z, Katayoku no Icarus, etc. I've also noticed that Sugano has been laying on the guitars heavily too recently.