Eurobeat Forever - New Compilation

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 18 Dec 2011, 01:46

I noticed the similarities in the synth hook of Wonderland to a very old demo you were working on way back when we were working on Fascination together

Yeah, this one's been brewin' for quite a while. :P

We'll definitely have to finish Fascination or something for one of the future releases. It'd be great to have you on board. :)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Dec 2011, 23:30

Has this been delayed? What sites are you going to make this release available on?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Dec 2011, 03:53

the_ditz wrote:Has this been delayed? What sites are you going to make this release available on?
Oh yeah! Dang! Forgot about this one... thanks for the reminder!
Yeah, highlighten us up :P
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 21 Dec 2011, 04:14

A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 21 Dec 2011, 04:23

We had a little delay but yep, it's out. Download your 10 copies today! Or just one, that's fine too. :)

For now we're only doing Bandcamp because of a lot of different reasons. This is the best platform for us, being an indie compilation and all. In the future we'll probably use Tunecore which distributes to all the big ones, plus there's a possibility of CD release. Check our Facebook page often for new polls including one that will gather interest for physical copies. :)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 Dec 2011, 07:09

Awesome! I'll grab my copy today when I get home from work! Just listened to Wonderland in full and it's just as delicious as I'd hoped. You definitely have similar ideas to me in terms of production, as I seem to connect really strongly with that song in particular. ;)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Dec 2011, 11:38

Just previewed it.

Great songs. My favs still remain the same ones I can go back to at a regular basis. Foxxie, Mortimer, Squa Das, and Neon. Christina Vee is also sounding pretty cool at its extended version.

Foxie is my favourite because it uses Spacy Eurobeat style. The lasers as Drum intros is a terrific idea and very 80s Hi- Energy style. I just wish the song was a lot longer. her vocals are also kinda Sexy/Seductive.

Squa Das also has some very interesting sounding vocals. Makes me enjoy the song a lot more too.

The others use too much contemporary club soundworlds of today. The synths sound like David Guetta style or whatever. I don't really like the synths in "Wonderland" nor that dump dump bassline. It loses the melodies of the percussion. I'm also not a big fan of Japanese sung Eurobeat.

Overall its a very nice compilation. Best of luck.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Dec 2011, 14:39

Wonderland is FUCKING AWESOME. It's kind of a mix between Trance and Eurobeat. Love it. 8-bit breakdown is weird but fits in quite perfectly.

Regret is pretty good too.

After that, Remember Me, Breakin' Tonight and ひとつだけフリーダム are good songs.

P.S You made a typo to the Japanese named songs : "Hitotsudake Freedom" ;)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Skyblue
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Skyblue » 21 Dec 2011, 17:15

Lebon14 wrote:Wonderland is FUCKING AWESOME. It's kind of a mix between Trance and Eurobeat. Love it. 8-bit breakdown is weird but fits in quite perfectly.

Regret is pretty good too.

After that, Remember Me, Breakin' Tonight and ひとつだけフリーダム are good songs.

P.S You made a typo to the Japanese named songs : "Hitotsudake Freedom" ;)
This title is written in romaji, so "Hitotudake Freedom" is a formal title of this song.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Dec 2011, 19:09

Even in romaji, isn't it supposed to be "tsu" : \ I guess that's for a wider audience to pronounce the track correctly. Thx for the correction.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 Dec 2011, 19:29

Just downloading this right now. Really don't know what drnrg is listening to in terms of that Foxxie song - she sounds nothing like a sexy seductive female and the production is passable but nowhere near as accomplished as the other songs on this album. Hate the idea behind the song as well...

Wonderland, Regret, Gas Love 2011 and My Number One are the ones that really grab my attention so far... ;)

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 22 Dec 2011, 03:20

*Christina Vee - Remember Me* is a hip tune.
Wish there was a way to buy it separately.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 Dec 2011, 03:59

Vadim wrote:*Christina Vee - Remember Me* is a hip tune.
Wish there was a way to buy it separately.
Yeah, I agree.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Dec 2011, 05:49

the_ditz
Just downloading this right now. Really don't know what drnrg is listening to in terms of that Foxxie song - she sounds nothing like a sexy seductive female and the production is passable but nowhere near as accomplished as the other songs on this album. Hate the idea behind the song as well...
I'll do a mini review to better get point across.

Foxxie- Gays Gays Gays Disko Warp
Her vocals remind me of the girly vocalists of the hi Energy style of the 80's. like Barduex(Three TIME Lover), Tyrants In Therapy, even a little Stacy Q(Two Of Hearts). Of course, in this song they are a bit faster .Also the soundworlds are very basic 80s style. The bassline melody and lyrical rhyming are pretty simple, but Euro orgasmic. The riff is catchy for its jumpy little beat and I allready mentioned the lasers and explosions. This song would contain many drum roll intros used by HRG Attack and TIME from A melo to B- melo to sabis ect.. and that's always been something I love in Eurobeat. It's just a cute blast to the past that doesn't sound too layered , so I can repeat it multiple x.

I also don't care for the title. "Guys Guys Guys" would have been better. and you are right about the production levels, but again, I think it was meant to sound that way. very basic and retro.

hey Ditz,I recall how surprised you were when I revealed that Dr. Money- Let It Go was my favourit TIME song. Remeber how basic that song sounds? Very Bobby O-ish, Same effect is going on here. :grin:
-9/10

Couger- My Love Is Nineteen Disko Warp
Couger's song follows the same idea. I even like her vocals and love the bass melodies
,but something goes awry in the synth riff. Not the melody. That's fine. They even sound like HRG Attack style; which I love, but somehow feel a bit out of place.
-8/10

Rayo- Light- My Number One Disko Warp
As much as I'm enjoying Disko Warp's songs; I would have to say that this Rayo- Light one would take the most TIME to get used for. Its still a good song.Is it a male singing? The melody is a different story. I even like those Asian style keys in the break. What I really love about you guys are your soundworlds. Your intros and the laser effects above all.
7/10

Hydlide feat. SquaDas- Regret
This song is fucking awesome! That progressive synth riff is something to be very proud of. The singers vocals are dead on. His Tone goes up and down exactly when called for. Intro is effective with pumpy piano beats. Eurobeat Guitar falls right into place. For me this song would fall very nicely inbetween the other big Eurobeat labels on any compilation. My advice. Ditch the odd artist name(I can't make heads or tails of that name) and contact one of them. Sun Fire would be my first choice, because of your intro and melodies.
10+++

Christina Vee- Remeber Me DJ Bouche
This song has a lot of raw piano work in its intro and I like that. Probobly why I like the song even more. This one has a DELTA feel to it with a bit of Sinclaire in it's off key sounding chorus, but it works very well, especially the way she carries on the last "Meeeee" as the riff introduces itself. All in all, its a very uplifting song
with a very DELTA sounding title.
7+/10

Mortimer- Gas Love 2011
Another song I could easily see on SEB series. Strange title or at least the way the wordplay goes, but I'm really enjoying The vocals. The ups and down in vocal tone get better with each passing song. The intro has a tech feel to it, but doesn't sound out of place at all. In fact; I'll go as far as to say that its sounds just as effective as when ABeatC and TIME featured those same sounds on thier intros. Esily one of my top 3 songs of the compilation.
9/10

Neon feat. Lovisa- Neon Nights
Another nice intro with a build up effect. There is a 80s Freestyle or Hi Energy song with that same riff idea in mind, but I can't remeber which one. So many ,you know... maybe Adia's - Number One, but speeded up. Whatever it may be, it sounds great. her vocals are also very 80s disco/NRG style. That drum roll separating the chorus from riff is Hi ENERGY_LISOUS. very cool retro sound up untill the last outro blast.
8/10

Lebon14
Wonderland is FUCKING AWESOME. It's kind of a mix between Trance and Eurobeat. Love it. 8-bit breakdown is weird but fits in quite perfectly.

Idris- Wonderland
You hit that on the nail. That's what I couldn't realize about that song, cuz I don't listen to Trans, but that's why it struck me in a negative way. Techno I can handle, but trance is just to aggressive and warped for me. I know I use those two words to describe my favourite Eurobeat attributes, but on trance they just sound in negative way.

the other two J- Euro songs are not my cup of tea. I don't know, but I listen to thier vocals and on quality wise, Thier voices don't carry out as strongly as Italians. They sound kinda monotonic or whatever. No Depth, so I skip em. No disrespect to the music itself; which is pretty appealing, but the vocals turn me off.

So much better than I anticipated from the previews. You guys should keep this as an onging project. This would actually have been volume two, since a few of us were involved in something similiar a few years back.

and for the sake of argumeant, I know mp3 are the in thing right now, but I would really be interested in a physical cd when its in the works. You know cover sleeve and all the works.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 22 Dec 2011, 12:56

Wonderland is definitely a wonderpiece.
I was also quite amused by the extended riff in the end of Neon Nights. Well done!