Euromach cd

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Euromach cd

Post by Bonkers » 10 Sep 2011, 21:41

For anyone else that owns a copy of Euromach 1, does your copy say "Sample not for sale" in the middle section? And does yalls copy have tracks recorded at different volume levels? Like, the copy I got has some songs that sound cloudy...But I notice this on other Eurobeat cds from Avex...do they not listen to the albums before they release them?

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 10 Sep 2011, 22:12

Not sure what you're talking about "the middle section" but I don't see it. Sample copies of CDs aren't that valuable anyway since it's not like they're any different from the regular copies.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 10 Sep 2011, 22:14

Mine doesn't have anything like that...and while I do recognize some oddities in the ebf/em albums, Euromach 1 sounds quite solid to me. As in no irregularities in sound volume.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 Sep 2011, 22:35

@ Tiger, it's around the center ring. I thought it meant I had a crappy version of the original. I got it off Ebay, and it has the Cutting Edge logo on it, like all the other Euromachs I own, but that's the only one that says "sample not for sale" around the center ring.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Sep 2011, 00:01

Nothing like that appears on my disc either. I bought mine from Cd japan. From experience; I know that when A CD, Vinyl ect.. says " Sample, Not for sale", it usually means that that particular item was only meant for promotional use. I have a lot of 80's Vinyl that the bands and promoters use to throw at the fans at concerts. Most say "For promotional use, not for sale". IDK, maybe your copy was one that was given away at some Eurobeat event and finally found its way to your arms.

Either way, Euromach #1 is a Eurobeat collectors item. I'm pretty sure its out print by now.

coco*tapioka
Euro To B

Post by coco*tapioka » 11 Sep 2011, 01:08

Labels usually do samplers like these to promote them on radio studios and stuff. Most of the times they usually end up on ebay and other shops.
But the quality you have is rare. The samplers are always identical in quality to the original release. Maybe it's because the original release has that weird quality?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Sep 2011, 02:06

I don't have Euromach 1 but, from experience, you got yourself a bootleg. :\
I mean, look, if Euromach was sold then why yours have "Not For Sale" sticker? Volume levels non-equal or at least sounds like it's different and not fitting? All that sounds like a crap copy of the original aka bootleg.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 11 Sep 2011, 04:27

Lebon14 wrote:I don't have Euromach 1 but, from experience, you got yourself a bootleg. :\
I mean, look, if Euromach was sold then why yours have "Not For Sale" sticker? Volume levels non-equal or at least sounds like it's different and not fitting? All that sounds like a crap copy of the original aka bootleg.
From what I researched about bootleg copies, the cd doesn't seem to be a bootleg because it has the IFPI + a # printed on the back of the cd. The number is IFPI L153

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Sep 2011, 04:51

Bonkers wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:I don't have Euromach 1 but, from experience, you got yourself a bootleg. :\
From what I researched about bootleg copies, the cd doesn't seem to be a bootleg because it has the IFPI + a # printed on the back of the cd. The number is IFPI L153
OK, once I bought a DVD set called "Typhoon No.15 ~B'z LIVE-GYM The Final Pleasure “IT'S SHOWTIME!!”in 渚園~" which is a legitimate DVD release from my fav. rock band B'z. It came in a carboard, everything was printed and all... except that it had only 2 discs... the second and third discs were merged on the second one and the audio options were botched only to leave the 5.1 channels. The originals had both Stereo and 5.1 channels. Image quality was also better.

It doesn't matter if the IFPI number was written. Bootleggers go that far. My discs' recording side were even gray "purchased" sign not the DVD-R recorded side.

It doesn't matter. You got a wrong copy, you have to face it.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 11 Sep 2011, 05:20

Lebon14 wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
OK, once I bought a DVD set called "Typhoon No.15 ~B'z LIVE-GYM The Final Pleasure “IT'S SHOWTIME!!”in 渚園~" which is a legitimate DVD release from my fav. rock band B'z. It came in a carboard, everything was printed and all... except that it had only 2 discs... the second and third discs were merged on the second one and the audio options were botched only to leave the 5.1 channels. The originals had both Stereo and 5.1 channels. Image quality was also better.

It doesn't matter if the IFPI number was written. Bootleggers go that far. My discs' recording side were even gray "purchased" sign not the DVD-R recorded side.

It doesn't matter. You got a wrong copy, you have to face it.
Well, after some expirementing, I put the cd in my other stereo, and it sounded much better than on my 13 year old boom box. I also e-mailed the seller, and this is the response I got:

"Hi dont worry,
This is the first press for DJ, Big Retail Company for promotion"

So, I'm going to believe it's a true copy. In the Happy Hardcore world, nearly all the new vinyl presses of the Raver Baby label some with messages like that.

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: Euromach cd

Post by Ronald » 11 Sep 2011, 06:11

I have Eurobeat Disney 3, and indeed in the center ring of the CD it says: "Sample, on loan to be returned".

Ronald

mauxiLALAka
Euro To B

Post by mauxiLALAka » 11 Sep 2011, 11:24

It depends on where the CD was pressed, usually though they only say "Sample", eg.
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2308/img0041wzg.jpgImage
"Sample not for sale" is used less often, "Sample, on loan to be returned" I haven't seen yet, ronald can you tell me both IFPI codes of your CD?
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6545/img0043sxs.jpgImage

What all samplers should have though is a sticker above the barcode to mark the case as not-for-sale item and identify the sampler, eg.
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4061/img0040hw.jpgImage

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 11 Sep 2011, 12:15

"Sample not for sale" is used less often, "Sample, on loan to be returned" I haven't seen yet, ronald can you tell me both IFPI codes of your CD?

The CD is just like a normal one. In this case ACW-12211.

Ronald.

P.s: if you want a picture (please sent me an email: ronaldeurobeat@hotmail.com)

mauxiLALAka
Euro To B

Post by mauxiLALAka » 11 Sep 2011, 14:47

ronald wrote:"Sample not for sale" is used less often, "Sample, on loan to be returned" I haven't seen yet, ronald can you tell me both IFPI codes of your CD?

The CD is just like a normal one. In this case ACW-12211.

Ronald.

P.s: if you want a picture (please sent me an email: ronaldeurobeat@hotmail.com)
You might have trouble getting a picture of both codes, so it'd be simpler if you can just look them up and post them here. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 11 Sep 2011, 20:27

Most of the pre-2001 Euromach CDs have wack sound recording quality, unfortunately. It's really a bummer considering the production quality of the tracks on there.

Still, you got yourself the best Eurobeat album ever compiled in my opinion, congratz :!: