Today's Tune

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Dec 2011, 07:39

Danko
Edo - Black Rain (Black Rain Mix) & Edo - Black Night (Can't decide which one is better )
Agreed! Both rule!

Tommy K.- Desperado (TRD 1189)
A tad on the housy side, but only for the pianos beats. TIME producers keep the melodies and trumpets style riffs in High Energy gear.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 08 Dec 2011, 03:01

Jay wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:for some weird reason, the riff from power sounds ALOT in melody like the opening stabs to madonna's song LIKE A PRAYER (not the original version, but the newer version she used on her sticky and sweet tour), except that her version is much slower, and go2's is alot faster. This is kinda weird too since the song by Go 2 came out first before the song Like a prayer (sticky and sweet tour version). what do you guys think?
I've heard that exact same riff all too many times in numerous dance/pop songs as well, like the David Guetta remix of 'Sweat' by Snoop Dogg, haha. But yeah, I'd say the riff in 'Power' pays homage to it.
I don't hear the similarity with snoop dogg's song 'sweat' (david guetta remix) and power by go2. all i hear is that snoop dogg's song 'sweat' rips off of madonna's celebration intro riff. what i was trying to explain is that MADONNA acutally RIPPED OFF of Go2 - Power, since her remix of "like a prayer" came out AFTER the eurobeat song was released, which leads me to believe whether she or her producers might actually listen to eurobeat, or eurodance for that matter, since many eurodance acts in the 90's used that that riff too, such as the famous eurodance singer SANDY CHAMBERS, who is connected with clara moroni, and whigfield, who are also connected to eurobeat through producers and labels.

Take a look at the song sung by Sandy Chambers in 1995 under the group name "set up & dance" and their song called "say (remix version)", compare this to what madonna used in her song "like a prayer (sticky and sweet tour version)." Madonna also used dj benny benassi in her productions before, and dj benny benassi is produced by larry pignagnoli, who produced big italo disco artists such as SPAGNA in the 80's, and produced big time eurodance act WHIGIFIELD in the 90's, and the vocalist for whigfield is actually annerly gordon (ann lee), who worked on eurobeat as well. (many people think that sannie carlson is the vocalist for whigfield, but she is just the face, which is a common thing to do in eurodance products, and even during the 80's in many italo disco projects such as Den Harrow, Fun Fun (ivana spagna was the actual vocalist for this, which was also a Larry Pignagnoli production, just like whigfield.)

so to sum it up, in my opinion i believe that Madonna must be influenced by italo disco, eurobeat, and eurodance.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 08 Dec 2011, 05:38

RELAX / SHIFON T.

can't stop listeningggggggg

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Dec 2011, 12:20

Killer riff accompanies the absolute king of Eurobeat

Toby Ash- Are You Ready (Macho 9101)
90's version

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 09 Dec 2011, 13:32

I'M COMING / MARLENE

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Dec 2011, 07:11

Classic Asia label

Mr. Black- Passion (ARD1123)
This song has everything I love about the Saifam Team. A great 80s Hi Energy sound. Even called it the "Like A Bobby O" remix on the vinyl.

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 12 Dec 2011, 13:26

K.L. Jones - Walk In The Street (Extended Mix) (Interesting and catchy tune!)

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 12 Dec 2011, 19:31

I was just listening to my Vibration catalog, and now it's the right time for...
Xmas Band - Christmas Time (all versions)

Sunday: Chester - Right Time (not the first time and probably not the last... this song is amazing even after almost 22 years!)
Saturday: Vanessa - Eternity

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Dec 2011, 06:30

jeurobeat
Sunday: Chester - Right Time (not the first time and probably not the last... this song is amazing even after almost 22 years!)
That was in fact the first TIME record that really blew my mind.

I'm going way back here to 1988, I think?

Angel- Angel
You would think it was female vocals with a artist name like that, but its actually Giancarlo Pasquinni on vocals. Great song too.

Yesterday belonged to Saifam label.

Laurie- Out Of Your Heart (ARD 1018)
This one sits proudly in my vinyl collection with the a -side actually belonging to Mike Hazzard- Stop Me BabyAnother great song sounding very Rick Astly-like. :D

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 13 Dec 2011, 13:59

drnrg wrote:I'm going way back here to 1988, I think?

Angel- Angel
You would think it was female vocals with a artist name like that, but its actually Giancarlo Pasquinni on vocals. Great song too.

Yesterday belonged to Saifam label.

Laurie- Out Of Your Heart (ARD 1018)
This one sits proudly in my vinyl collection with the a -side actually belonging to Mike Hazzard- Stop Me BabyAnother great song sounding very Rick Astly-like. :D
Angel was probably from 1989 but Laurie was 1988 indeed. There was a nonstop mix in 1989 with Angel and Gary Cooper - Never Can Change My Mind and other songs from that year. I can't remember the name of the mix, but I got to know a lot of cool songs from it :)

I don't understand the a-side part, I have Stop Me Baby vinyl and the b-side has the instrumental and dub versions. No Laurie on that one ;) And you're right about Rick Astley. Stop Me Baby is great!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Dec 2011, 03:57

jeurobeat
I don't understand the a-side part, I have Stop Me Baby vinyl and the b-side has the instrumental and dub versions. No Laurie on that one And you're right about Rick Astley. Stop Me Baby is great!
call it a double A sided record or re-issue, but yeah I got it. A couple of my FLEA and TIME vinyls are the same too.

My song for today is off Memory label
Argentina- Summertime (MEM 089)
Another song with FLEA style melodies.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 14 Dec 2011, 23:35

BYE BYE BABY / MAX COVERI

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 15 Dec 2011, 00:40

Blood On Fire / Go 2 & Christine
One of the best eurobeat covers ever. Though I had heard the original before, this version breathes in a ton of life that makes it exponentially better. What makes this song work so well is the persistent feeling that it's moving towards something. the_ditz complained that the repetitive guitar "synth" didn't work, but in my opinion, it's not supposed to be the focal point of the track. I think it's effective in that it sets up proper ground that interludes perfectly into the first vocal section, creating a sense of suspense and anticipation that continues smoothly throughout the track. It's this kind of clever buildup that keeps the excitement level high throughout the song. The production and vocalwork is some of the best in any SCP track, a lot more polished, imo, than in the AAA version. Ever since I started following SEB, not long after the release of Power, I was eagerly awaiting for a new Go 2 song (back when I thought they were the best thing ever in music, though I've outgrown them a little since) and this song was well worth the year-long wait. Whenever I think of 2007, I immediately think of this track. That's how much of an impact it left on me.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Dec 2011, 07:35

Superlove- How Deep Is Your Love (ARD1028)

The era where Saifam records ruled the Hi NRG charts. On this particular song, I think the melodies in the verses surpasses the actual chorus. Though the chorus is very powerful too.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 15 Dec 2011, 19:45

HAI GO!!! / VANESSA