Today's Tune

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Nov 2011, 05:56

jeurobeat
One of my most favorite groups of all time is F.C.F. Today's song is F.C.F. - Baby No!
Great one! Is that the one with the I Was made For Loving You melody from KISS? I know they have one.

Anyway; in keeping with the great F.C.F group; I choose "Hot Girl" for my song of the day. Gotta love the galloping bass line. :wink:

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 30 Nov 2011, 18:17

drnrg wrote:jeurobeat
One of my most favorite groups of all time is F.C.F. Today's song is F.C.F. - Baby No!
Great one! Is that the one with the I Was made For Loving You melody from KISS? I know they have one.
You probably mean this one indeed, the vocal melody in the verse and bridge have a lot of resemblance with KISS. The chorus is totally different. I especially love the work they put into the backing vocals those days.
drnrg wrote:Anyway; in keeping with the great F.C.F group; I choose "Hot Girl" for my song of the day. Gotta love the galloping bass line. :wink:
Yes, that song has one of the most interesting intros ever. For years I only knew the radio version until I got the vinyl :) Funny fact: one F.C.F. song (Black Mother) was sung by Gino Caria.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Dec 2011, 05:02

jeurobeat
Yes, that song has one of the most interesting intros ever. For years I only knew the radio version until I got the vinyl Funny fact: one F.C.F. song (Black Mother) was sung by Gino Caria.
You mean the very first one.

Noramlly F,C,F, comprised of these guys M.Farina, G.Crivellente & F.Fadinger ,but for that particular song, the "C" could have stood for Caria :D

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 01 Dec 2011, 20:16

INSIDE YOUR HEART / QUEEN 26

i've never heard this song before today. not really eurobeat, but a great song to listen to! The vocals are awesome.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Dec 2011, 10:09

Heather- Beautiful Boy (Dima music)

Really a great song. Like it more everyTIME I listen to it.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 03 Dec 2011, 16:25

THANKS TO MY FANS / MEGA NRG MAN

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Dec 2011, 04:49

Faithful Heart- Ken Blast(?)

The song was never credited to Ken, but we knew it was Travis on vocalwork. It appears on one of those Toho Eurobeat series. It always takes me back to the unforgetable early 90s. It could have easily made an Iventi chart appearance and given some strong competition to its peers of that era. For me it stands out as Travis best song. The calm relaxed delivery of his vocalwork coupled with wonderful synths and melody is really a step back in TIME.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 04 Dec 2011, 23:42

"Power" by Go 2.

One of my all-time favourite eurobeat songs!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 05 Dec 2011, 08:07

Jay wrote:"Power" by Go 2.

One of my all-time favourite eurobeat songs!
yes, power is awesome.

for some weird reason, the riff from power sounds ALOT in melody like the opening stabs to madonna's song LIKE A PRAYER (not the original version, but the newer version she used on her sticky and sweet tour), except that her version is much slower, and go2's is alot faster. This is kinda weird too since the song by Go 2 came out first before the song Like a prayer (sticky and sweet tour version). what do you guys think?

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 05 Dec 2011, 14:27

RELAX / SHIFON T.

nice cover. not many people know this song exists but it is nice to listen to once in a while.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 05 Dec 2011, 17:51

synthjunkie wrote:for some weird reason, the riff from power sounds ALOT in melody like the opening stabs to madonna's song LIKE A PRAYER (not the original version, but the newer version she used on her sticky and sweet tour), except that her version is much slower, and go2's is alot faster. This is kinda weird too since the song by Go 2 came out first before the song Like a prayer (sticky and sweet tour version). what do you guys think?
I've heard that exact same riff all too many times in numerous dance/pop songs as well, like the David Guetta remix of 'Sweat' by Snoop Dogg, haha. But yeah, I'd say the riff in 'Power' pays homage to it.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 Dec 2011, 20:44

Jay wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:for some weird reason, the riff from power sounds ALOT in melody like the opening stabs to madonna's song LIKE A PRAYER (not the original version, but the newer version she used on her sticky and sweet tour), except that her version is much slower, and go2's is alot faster. This is kinda weird too since the song by Go 2 came out first before the song Like a prayer (sticky and sweet tour version). what do you guys think?
I've heard that exact same riff all too many times in numerous dance/pop songs as well, like the David Guetta remix of 'Sweat' by Snoop Dogg, haha. But yeah, I'd say the riff in 'Power' pays homage to it.
The riff in question is actually originally from the 90's dance track "Don't You Want Me" by Felix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj8xF2bnxp0). It's been sampled an infinite number of times by other artists and has become one of those classic house riffs that do the rounds every couple of years. I can hear a small resemblance to the Power riff, but I think it's different enough to make it unique. ;)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Dec 2011, 04:15

Malcolme J. Hill- Tin Box (FL8483)
sung by Gianni Corainni. Wonderful top notch break down and intro on this song.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 06 Dec 2011, 04:20

Ann Sinclair - Don't Drop Me, from the magnificent SEB52 that has survived through the years in much better condition than most of the other albums from that decade.

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 06 Dec 2011, 16:53

Edo - Black Rain (Black Rain Mix) & Edo - Black Night (Can't decide which one is better :D)