Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 Jan 2012, 06:58

Guys, will154 found this :
http://www.dmm.com/rental/-/detail/=/ci ... vcd10221r/

It says Feb. 20... 2 weeks later maybe?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 05 Jan 2012, 08:01

Lebon14 wrote:Guys, will154 found this :
http://www.dmm.com/rental/-/detail/=/ci ... vcd10221r/

It says Feb. 20... 2 weeks later maybe?
that's just the date that you can rent out the CD from dmm.com. That could or could not have anything to do with the actual release date of the CD. As with most rental shops, if you look at the release dates for other releases and compare them with the actual retail dates, they are at least 2 weeks later. This is the case for dmm.com as well. One case is http://www.dmm.com/rental/-/detail/=/ci ... vcd38424r/ where rental date is 2012/1/16, but actual release date is 2011/12/28 at http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-38423 .

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 Jan 2012, 20:16

I didn't know about that and will154 too... I knew that there was CD rental in Japan but didn't know that detail.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 Jan 2012, 22:17

I know that CDJapan is one of the most respected online retailers for SEB, but I have to say that both Amazon.co.jp and tower.jp still show Super Eurobeat 221 with a 1st February 2012 release date. Obviously this doesn't prove anything, but I hope that it might mean the delay (if any) will be fairly small...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3%83 ... 658&sr=8-1

http://tower.jp/item/3027663/%E3%82%B9% ... 88-VOL-221

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 12 Jan 2012, 11:51

I hear labels got no orders to resume.......

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 12 Jan 2012, 18:06

Vadim wrote:I hear labels got no orders to resume.......
Hmm, you know what, based on signs so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Avex is putting an end to SEB. Let's look at the facts - this album was delayed, even though the labels had plenty of time to make new songs; the next album is going to be an experimental Hatsune Miku collaboration (clearly the biggest trend in Japan these days), and Hi-NRG Attack is finally releasing their independent compilations in Japan after a full seven years.

But honestly, I'm not sure if I care that much. If SEB had ended after, say, 200, then I would have totally freaked out. But after the occasionally nice but overall underwhelming 210's decade, and especially after my musical interests have diversified a lot over the past couple of years, this hardly matters to me. I still like eurobeat a lot, but I think that this series has had its run - 220 volumes over the course of 22 years is still pretty darn impressive for a musical franchise!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 12 Jan 2012, 20:57

Vadim wrote:I hear labels got no orders to resume.......
But we haven't got any orders to stop either. Sadly enough I don't know what's going to happen.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Jan 2012, 21:46

If only the SEB blog was updated more often...it's like a ghost town most of the time!

I only hope that the labels continue to release their music and make it accessible for a worldwide audience. I am sceptical about this being the end of Super Eurobeat, but long delays do make me nervous. :???:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Jan 2012, 07:20

This is all speculations. I hate bad news. Especailly about Eurobeat.
Let's be positive and stop all this mush about SEB ending.

We need melodic Dance music and Eurobeat/Italo/Hi Energy is the only one that has kept me excited all these years. It has never for a moment let me down in quality and has never become boring

Even if the series has had its run, Then its TIME to start another one right were SEB has left off. The lables can always follow the trend of releasing thier new material online and keep all creative rights. Its better for them in the long run 8)

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 13 Jan 2012, 07:26

Let`s drop Avex once and for all! If they don`t want to release, then walk away who cares? Let the studios sell their music to webshops like Juno instead of playing god. I still hate Avex.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 13 Jan 2012, 09:45

the_ditz wrote:If only the SEB blog was updated more often...it's like a ghost town most of the time!
At least 7A was good for updating the official blog so frequently that we can know what is going on.

I do not want to be a pessimist, but sales record of SEB albums is clearly on downfall. 220 sold 1,235 copies on its release week while 210 sold 1,736 copies last year. It would not be surprising even if Avex decides to close the series down...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Jan 2012, 21:39

vinyl12, the problem with the sales is Avex. They are NOT doing a great job with it. They have been coming with half-assed ideas for what, 3 decades now. They have done NOTHING to try and increase the popularity of SEB. They stayed with their xenophobic and corporatism ideas. Money first, producers second, fans third.

There are so many things they could have done since the 190's to try and get things back up.

For exemple, get the Initial D Fifth Stage running. Seriously, how many years have we been waiting for it. The Arcade Stage 6 soundtrack has yet to see a release date if it ever is released.

Then, if they care about creating para para routines for each albums, then, why not make a DVD of them with volumes xx5 and xx0? This will make paralist pump up for the CD release. Also, stop rereleasing rehashed routines too.

Include the fan in the release in either fan made songs, fan made artwork, having japanese producers songs too while having italian producers we know and love the share they always had.

They are tons of ideas. If you get people involved, they will get excited. They will create publicity for your product then more people are involved and then, there are more sales.

I suggest that, if SEB is stopped, that we give the series to either or both italian and japanese producers. Maybe there won't be CD releases (do to lack of funds) but we can be sure to have a release once in a while and maybe hear some unreleased gems like, for exemple, the unreleased Pamsy tracks for SCP. Etc, etc, etc.

End of my post.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 13 Jan 2012, 22:29

Actually, use of japanese producers on SEB is fine, as long as music is written in true european style and sung by europeans/americans. Then it is a concept similar to DIGIBIT cd's which has worked brilliantly in the past. As for a true J-EUROBEAT, it never truelly belonged on SEB since the inception of the series.

It is essential to resume the SEB as soon as possible. Currently there is a big frustration and confusion among retailers caused by a sudden delay in the series, and new SEB is needed in shops ASAP to solve this problem.

Marketing can improve the sales, but it should take on an international focus. Releases on worldwide scale are important for this. Fan Community for Eurobeat has become heavely internationalized in 2000-s.

Avex now runs almost 100% of a planetary eurobeat, so it is a responsibility to keep their own child alive. It is an advantage to them that eurobeat is now all theirs cuz they have a true exclusive product which no one else has.

Eurobeat teams are on a verge of great improvements in their music, it is important to release their newest products and see these concepts through.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 14 Jan 2012, 01:34

Megan188 wrote:Hmm, you know what, based on signs so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Avex is putting an end to SEB. Let's look at the facts - this album was delayed, even though the labels had plenty of time to make new songs; the next album is going to be an experimental Hatsune Miku collaboration (clearly the biggest trend in Japan these days), and Hi-NRG Attack is finally releasing their independent compilations in Japan after a full seven years.
If this really is the end of the SEB series, it doesn't come as a shock to me at all either.

I made a bold prediction during the 170s (six years ago) that the series would end at around the 220s at the latest. Everybody knew the SEB series would make it to 200, but I figured Avex wouldn't drag things on for much longer after that - maybe 10-20 albums or so, just to see how things panned out after 200. I'd love to find the post where I said all of this, haha. The only reason I remember it is because everybody here got on my back about being overly pessimistic, but it's looking as if I may have been right all along.

Either way, I'm sure eurobeat will continue in one form of another if the series comes to a close, but it won't be through Avex (thank god for that).

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Jan 2012, 02:04

Vadim wrote:Actually, use of japanese producers on SEB is fine, as long as music is written in true european style and sung by europeans/americans. Then it is a concept similar to DIGIBIT cd's which has worked brilliantly in the past. As for a true J-EUROBEAT, it never truelly belonged on SEB since the inception of the series.
Have you heard "Toho Eurobeat"?
Or any Eurobeat by Akiba Koubou, Samfree or Kizuna Records Eurobeat? OK, this is probably the best Eurobeat we can hear these days. And, yes, they are all Japanese! Yes, they make some songs in Japanese but they make some in English too.

Also, your biggest marketing are the fans. Fan "Mouth to hear" is one of the best publicity you can have if it works because it can destroy you. So, if you please your fans, there will be big sales. If not, you are doom.

I agree with marketing Eurobeat outside Japan but don't forget that Eurobeat IS an underground genre. It won't ever be as popular as rock and pops. Underground compilations will never sell a lot.

As for the italian labels, if SEB ever die, I hope they continue to make Eurobeat and sell their creations as (maxi-)singles. Maybe not do that for a living but you know, to keep the genre alive. To gather the fans that likes it.

P.S I know that Eurobeat became very popular for a while in Japan. But that time is up and I'm talking "right now".
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!