Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Jan 2012, 05:45

This is the problem with big companies like AVEX wanting to monoploize the genre for themselves.

remember Farm and Victor corps? They used to put out Eurobeat compilaions as well. That is untill AVEX squeezed them out. If they were still around; we would have some competition on the market. Least to say, a couple more Eurobeat compilations being released periodically; The end of SEB wouldn't be the end of Eurobeat. The competiton would simply just contact the labels and pick up were AVEX leaves off.

better yet, The labels can do it themselves. Youtube, itunes,facebook, The promoting strageties are endless.

It's TIME to go indie. many rock/Alternative bands do it, by posting thier songs ,ect... on social network sites like the ones I just mentioned.
It's TIME for Eurobeat to do the same.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Jan 2012, 15:59

A quite more positive tweet by SCP.

Positive Tweet

Brighten up my mood!

EDIT

OMG OMG TWEET
SCP will not stop! Yes! My fav. (italian) label will continue on!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 15 Jan 2012, 17:18

I don't think there was ever doubt that the labels will continue in some form. Whether that's under the "Super Eurobeat" banner or not, I'm realyl hopeful that we will still have our fix of Eurobeat for as long as the labels have the drive and inspiration from the fans.

And anyway, nothing has been confirmed about SEB 221 other than "it's delayed" - let's not strike the nail in the Super Eurobeat coffin until we hear it from the horse's (a.k.a. avex's) mouth.

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 24 Jan 2012, 10:05

Any new info about SEB 221? :S

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Jan 2012, 21:23

Danko wrote:Any new info about SEB 221? :S
Also wondering...
CDJapan still show "Release Posponed" :\
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 29 Jan 2012, 11:17

I may or may not be talking to certain people right now about this situation. *ahem* Eurobeat will be out of Avex's pockets soon and back with its fans.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Jan 2012, 16:14

Shinraikan wrote:I may or may not be talking to certain people right now about this situation. *ahem* Eurobeat will be out of Avex's pockets soon and back with its fans.
I wish you could elaborate...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 29 Jan 2012, 16:19

Shinraikan wrote:I may or may not be talking to certain people right now about this situation. *ahem* Eurobeat will be out of Avex's pockets soon and back with its fans.
I don't know what you're talking about.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 29 Jan 2012, 17:52

I guess he could be suggesting the end of Super Eurobeat, and a shift towards independent stuff in the genre?

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 29 Jan 2012, 19:04

If SEB did end, it could be a good thing of getting unreleased oldies (hint, hint at Sinclaire, A-Beat C, and SCP...). I think Avex should have released full albums on international iTunes -not just collections/best ofs- I would be more likely to buy a ton of it then.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 29 Jan 2012, 21:06

I know that the information you can probably give about this is limited, but can you please pass on a message that we are all desperate for some official details about when we can expect some new Eurobeat? It depressed me to think that we should just be a few days away from a new release, and instead we're all just in limbo land wondering when we'll ever get brand new Eurobeat (and no, that Hatsune Miku album doesn't count - I'm talking about proper original Eurobeat from the vocalists and producers we all know and love!)

Are avex always this secretive about all their other releases? I'm pretty sure a delay in an Ayumi Hamasaki album with no clear reason or explanation would cause an uproar, so it really irks me to think that just because we are a smaller fanbase, we are treated like we don't really matter...

/rant over (I just really want my new Eurobeat fix!!) :(

P.S. Ayumi Hamasaki was the only example I could think of - I'm sure there are current acts that perhaps have larger fanbases...

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 29 Jan 2012, 23:40

Write to Avex and tell them.
Remember, Avex only listens to those who write and speak to them.
Nothing was ever achieved by inactivity.

It's highly unlikely that much more unreleased stuff would float since it's Time and A Beat C that had most of it, and both labels already left eurobeat in the past.

Professional eurobeat needs record company deals to exist. No Avex deals - no eurobeat.

Fan Beat surely needs to gain in presence now, but it is in many ways still a very different approach, and it will not replace italian productions.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 30 Jan 2012, 04:36

When did TIME leave?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 30 Jan 2012, 05:01

Vadim wrote:Write to Avex and tell them.
Remember, Avex only listens to those who write and speak to them.
Nothing was ever achieved by inactivity.

It's highly unlikely that much more unreleased stuff would float since it's Time and A Beat C that had most of it, and both labels already left eurobeat in the past.

Professional eurobeat needs record company deals to exist. No Avex deals - no eurobeat.

Fan Beat surely needs to gain in presence now, but it is in many ways still a very different approach, and it will not replace italian productions.
SCP already told us that they were here to stay even if SEB ends.
The tweet
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 30 Jan 2012, 06:35

Bonkers wrote:When did TIME leave?
SEB202 with Ready Forever / Chris Stanton.

This whole thing about SEB stopping or not for me is much like a wait and see thing. However, it is no surprise to me because of how the Japanese eurobeat community acts when a new SEB is released. In general, I almost never see excitement online on Japanese message boards. Abroad there is a shocking amount of people who only download SEB. Look what is happening now. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet but I think it is on everyone's minds. If you truly love the genre, especially if it is in hard times, then support it by buying it (at least the CDs with the newer stuff like SEB211, 212 etc.). Hopefully this incident will make realize that if people don't act, then the SEB brand will no longer exist. This goes to all of the lurkers who I know are reading this as well. At least Avex is planning a SEB presents album right now...

@Vadim Have you ever tried to contact Avex before? If so, what email address/form did you use? Did they respond to anything about eurobeat? I don't think it's very easy to communicate to the right people about eurobeat these days :x