Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 30 Jun 2012, 07:41

Bonkers wrote:Where are the full extended versions released? I don't suppose the labels still release vinyl pressings, do they? Like, if I wanted to buy "Go Go Go Baby Go" by King & Queen, where would I look? Would it only be available on the SEB album it was released on? What is the recording quality on the SEB albums?
most are on mora now or SEB Special Collections. Most of the extended stuff on vinyls is only for songs that were released in 2003 and earlier. Go Go Go Baby Go is on mora as well.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 16 Jul 2012, 05:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBwD5f55sc0
Fastway - Hyper Super Powers
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 16 Jul 2012, 07:11

It's been about six months since I decided to take a break from listening to eurobeat (only recently getting back into it) and I'm shocked that there's still no update on this album. Incredible.

You're all talking up the release of "the next decade of SEB albums" but I don't see any hard evidence that SEB221 is going to be released at all. Yes, I read that blog post from several months back saying that it's going to be released by the end of summer, but I've heard that "SEB221 is coming soon" line at least 10 times before. That's not evidence.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Jul 2012, 08:12

Jay
You're all talking up the release of "the next decade of SEB albums" but I don't see any hard evidence that SEB221 is going to be released at all. Yes, I read that blog post from several months back saying that it's going to be released by the end of summer, but I've heard that "SEB221 is coming soon" line at least 10 times before. That's not evidence.
I'm tired of the negativity surrounding this upcomming release. Just relax and have some faith. It's gonna happen.

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 16 Jul 2012, 12:30

I'm not a big fan of Fastaway but a have to admit, Hyper Super Powers looks awesome. :!:

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 16 Jul 2012, 18:58

I understand your disappointment, and that it's all taking too long for you.
Anyway, it is going to happen. And soon!

Today we made some huge progress towards 221 again. Stay tuned, it's definitely not over. ;)

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 16 Jul 2012, 23:25

DarkSky, how is Master Davide viewing all this constant delays?
Is he positive about the future of Eurobeat?

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 17 Jul 2012, 22:29

Lebon14 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBwD5f55sc0
Fastway - Hyper Super Powers
Sounds excellent! I hope it's on the new album.
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 18 Jul 2012, 06:10

Hyper Super Powers sounds pretty cool. It has a lot of cues to Euromach era Fastway/Dusty.
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 18 Jul 2012, 12:56

Another cryptic general post on Delta's FB page:

"Avex ended current contracts with labels..."

Discuss ;)

MaD
Euro To B

Post by MaD » 18 Jul 2012, 13:55

I'm sort of confused now, Delta says AVEX has ended communications with labels, but Bratt Sinclaire told me the other day not to worry. And DarkSky also says that SEB is happening. But what I really think is odd, is how uninformed we are from Avex.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 18 Jul 2012, 17:45

MaD wrote:I'm sort of confused now, Delta says AVEX has ended communications with labels, but Bratt Sinclaire told me the other day not to worry. And DarkSky also says that SEB is happening. But what I really think is odd, is how uninformed we are from Avex.
http://www.facebook.com/DeltaMusicIndus ... to year.

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 18 Jul 2012, 19:06

MaD wrote:I'm sort of confused now, Delta says AVEX has ended communications with labels, but Bratt Sinclaire told me the other day not to worry. And DarkSky also says that SEB is happening. But what I really think is odd, is how uninformed we are from Avex.
I also read that posts in the Delta Music Industry page on facebook: "No future for Eurobeat? seems Avex will stop releasing SEB..."

Personally, I trust DarkSky and Bratt Sinclaire more. At least I believe SEB will go on from 221-230. And anyway, I didn't like the way it was written... Just as if someone wanted us to lose our hope.

The other message was "Avex ended current contracts with labels...". However, later on Gelmetti says "New Avex contract will be for one year only, previous one was 10 years." so he meant Avex ended with the previous contacts but has signed this new one for 1 year. Anyway, again it seems it was written to make us lose our hope.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 18 Jul 2012, 19:33

If Gelmetti gets back to producing Eurobeat there's hope for the future, I've been missing his style for quite a while. But yea, one year contracts aren't probably as motivating as a 10 year. So whether it's true or not, it'll remain to be seen how the quality ends up.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 18 Jul 2012, 19:59

jp75 wrote:DarkSky, how is Master Davide viewing all this constant delays?
Is he positive about the future of Eurobeat?
Of course it is frustrating but we will eventually get there.

Also guys, I suggest you not to get your information from this Delta page:
https://www.facebook.com/DeltaMusicIndustry

This one is not the official one, as is not being administered by a Eurobeat music producer who is currently active for Avex. I am not saying things written there are incorrect, but it's just not as trustworthy as getting the information from a source that is actually working directly with Avex.

Use this one instead for Delta:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DMI-Delt ... 9171528102

Anyway, what the guy behind the ''Avex ended current contracts with labels...'' message meant is basically that the contract have ended, Avex didn't end them or cancel them, they just ended. And Avex has renewed the contracts with the labels (I have no information on who signed and who didn't)

That means we are going to have a new SEB, and I can confirm that songs have already been sent off.

There is no need to worry, we are going to have a new SEB release, it will just need some time. At this moment, I have no further details for you.
Last edited by DarkSky on 18 Jul 2012, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.