What are eurobeat ppl (producers and singers) doing?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
hollypolly
Eurobeat Fan

What are eurobeat ppl (producers and singers) doing?

Post by hollypolly » 06 Apr 2012, 11:30

.. such a long time without new releases.. What do you think producers and singers did in the previous months?? Cooking new songs or doing something else? any idea??

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 06 Apr 2012, 16:51

SCP is active production-wise but, for the other labels, who knows?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Apr 2012, 18:06

I guess Hi-NRG Attack is still active as well, but for the most part, I'd reckon most labels haven't made anything in the past several months, since Avex apparently hasn't requested anything of them.
ImageImage

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 07 Apr 2012, 12:47

#Infinity wrote:I guess Hi-NRG Attack is still active as well, but for the most part, I'd reckon most labels haven't made anything in the past several months, since Avex apparently hasn't requested anything of them.
Sad story, bro. :cry:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Apr 2012, 16:34

Wataru Akiyama wrote:
#Infinity wrote:I guess Hi-NRG Attack is still active as well, but for the most part, I'd reckon most labels haven't made anything in the past several months, since Avex apparently hasn't requested anything of them.
Well, what do you expect?
Avex is gonna ship their gift out to those who bought and sent back coupons for the gifts during April. Then, I'll bet they'll come back with SEB221 sometime after that. Stay positive. IT IS gonna happen!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

hollypolly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by hollypolly » 08 Apr 2012, 06:58

Lebon14 wrote:
Wataru Akiyama wrote:
Well, what do you expect?
Avex is gonna ship their gift out to those who bought and sent back coupons for the gifts during April. Then, I'll bet they'll come back with SEB221 sometime after that. Stay positive. IT IS gonna happen!
The only "gift" we want is a new eurobeat 221 to be released soon.. I suppose that producers and singers are probably working on non eurobeat material.. I cannot imagine a musician doing nothing for several months, and of course no new eurobeat releases means no incomes at all.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 08 Apr 2012, 08:09

European production doesn't cease just because the SEB releases stop. That's one of the main reasons that a lot labels have a pretty sizeable back catalogue of unreleased tracks (along with the fact that avex reject x number of song in a given period).

If inspiration comes for a song, I'd find it very hard to believe that the producers and writers would just ignore it or put it on the back burner just because avex hasn't requested anything... :???:

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 08 Apr 2012, 11:53

the_ditz wrote: If inspiration comes for a song, I'd find it very hard to believe that the producers and writers would just ignore it or put it on the back burner just because avex hasn't requested anything... :???:
Don't forget that creating music without getting any money for it is very demotivating if you're used to make money with music and live from it.

It actually costs money to produce a track (something that many people don't realize). Artists have to be paid, electricity, etc..

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 08 Apr 2012, 16:53

DarkSky wrote:
the_ditz wrote: If inspiration comes for a song, I'd find it very hard to believe that the producers and writers would just ignore it or put it on the back burner just because avex hasn't requested anything... :???:
Don't forget that creating music without getting any money for it is very demotivating if you're used to make money with music and live from it.

It actually costs money to produce a track (something that many people don't realize). Artists have to be paid, electricity, etc..
Yeah, but if you have the inspiration for a song, you would at least find a way to start laying down the melodies, even in a primitive way (recording them on a dictaphone/smartphone, writing the lyrics on scraps of paper). If this isn't how it happens, fair enough, but I'm hanging on to that romantic notion of song-writing... it's how I roll anyway, but I don't have professional studios with bills to pay I guess...

Anyway, what happened to releasing tracks independently in iTunes/Juno etc. - SCP & Dima used to be the trend-setters with this, and I know that it takes a lot of time and effort and money to get these things in place, but during this dry spell I'm pretty sure that the money you would make from even releasing a compilation of previously unreleased and unlicensed tracks would be quite welcome... just a little thought :wink:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 08 Apr 2012, 21:34

DarkSky wrote:Don't forget that creating music without getting any money for it is very demotivating if you're used to make money with music and live from it.

If you really love music and love making it, you don't need any money. All musician that loves what they do don't need any money - they'll just do it coz they love it and see people like their music is enough to continue and make more.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Apr 2012, 00:18

Lebon14 wrote:If you really love music and love making it, you don't need any money. All musician that loves what they do don't need any money - they'll just do it coz they love it and see people like their music is enough to continue and make more.
Musicians are also (very often) human beings and like food and shelter, too. There's nothing wrong with asking for some support to not only survive, but keep making music, seeing as resources for music making (instruments, keeping the one who plays the instruments from getting sick or dying of starvation or cold etc) cost money.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Apr 2012, 03:46

I don't buy it. Back in the day; early 90's, It was incredible how many vinyls were being released from TIME, ABEATC ,Saifam, as well as lesser known labels or sublables, like Flea, F.C.F, Downtown. AVEX wasn't even in the picture yet. I would purchase minimum about 8-10 vinyls a month. That's easily about one CD per month of extendeds.

Once AVEX took over the Eurobeat genre; it seemed that the number of releases per month skyrocketed. There were even other compilations like EB Flash, Mahraja Nights(Extendeds) and Euromach series to spread out the amount of songs being produced.

Somehow; I'm thinking those vampires at AVEX starting cutting the lables' monthly budget so much that the end result has left them with barely enuff to produce a few songs a month.

It's sad, but I'm pretty sure AVEX has a lot to do with it :evil:

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 09 Apr 2012, 05:24

drnrg wrote:I don't buy it. Back in the day; early 90's, It was incredible how many vinyls were being released from TIME, ABEATC ,Saifam, as well as lesser known labels or sublables, like Flea, F.C.F, Downtown. AVEX wasn't even in the picture yet. I would purchase minimum about 8-10 vinyls a month. That's easily about one CD per month of extendeds.

Once AVEX took over the Eurobeat genre; it seemed that the number of releases per month skyrocketed. There were even other compilations like EB Flash, Mahraja Nights(Extendeds) and Euromach series to spread out the amount of songs being produced.

Somehow; I'm thinking those vampires at AVEX starting cutting the lables' monthly budget so much that the end result has left them with barely enuff to produce a few songs a month.

It's sad, but I'm pretty sure AVEX has a lot to do with it :evil:
I want to be running in the '90's again. :cry:

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 09 Apr 2012, 06:45

drnrg wrote:I don't buy it. Back in the day; early 90's, It was incredible how many vinyls were being released from TIME, ABEATC ,Saifam, as well as lesser known labels or sublables, like Flea, F.C.F, Downtown. AVEX wasn't even in the picture yet. I would purchase minimum about 8-10 vinyls a month. That's easily about one CD per month of extendeds.
True, the amount of labels was incredible back then: High Energy, Disco Energy, Discoland, Mandalino, Energy Release, Stil Novo, Macho, World Energy Music, Radiorama Productions, Italian Company.
There were many label-crossovers as well. Alfa International released a eurobeat compilation cd each 3 months.

I think Avex influence wasn't always for the best :(

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 09 Apr 2012, 06:47

You don't need a budget if you already own a studio. You can just produce anything anytime you want.

But stuff like licensing and how it generates income from music can be another thing.