What are eurobeat ppl (producers and singers) doing?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Apr 2012, 09:32

Vadim wrote:You don't need a budget if you already own a studio. You can just produce anything anytime you want.
Because
• software/sounds never needs updating,
• hardware never needs fixing,
• computers never need updating
• (and NEVER break)
• (or lose their data without breaking TOO hard),
• vocalists/studio musicians never need to be hired (paid for their time) and
• furnishings are all just part of the building, right?
Producers also NEVER
• take their staff out to eat, or
• expand their existing buildings/properties to include things like, say, a pool, or
• fix, say, their electrical/water/phone/internet/etc for the building, or
• pay the legal fees to operate as a business in that town.
Oh, and
• none of the studio owners themselves need to turn a profit to feed themselves
if this were true. (It also assumes that's an exhaustive list!)

Production studios are still businesses, and running a business is never free, or even cheap. And it is most certainly never "anytime you want" unless you're so successful in the music business (of all businesses!!!) that you can actually afford to operate on your own schedule.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Valianttrust
Euro To B

Post by Valianttrust » 09 Apr 2012, 09:42

Vadim wrote:You don't need a budget if you already own a studio. You can just produce anything anytime you want.

But stuff like licensing and how it generates income from music can be another thing.
:P
This has to be the derpiest quote of the week. Are you insinuating that all these producers make music in their parent's homes which functions as a studio too? You totally need a budget for maintaining a music studio. Equipment is expensive and sensitive. You also got software to maintain/update too. And then again, you got the vocalists that cost money, the soundworks, so on so on...

You sir win the Mr. Derp award!

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 09 Apr 2012, 13:14

I will only respond to Travis post, since the other post seems to be by some child posting some cartoon pictures and it has nothing to do with our subject.

@Travis

The actual point of discussion was a budget to create actual tracks.

I said nothing at all about a studio maintenance budget - it is beside the point. Now an explanation why it all is beside the point..

You don't need to only maintain a studio in order to just produce some tracks for a single SEB volume. It sounds utterly irrelevant as a concept.

Studio maintenance is a general maintenance that is done for all your studio needs, because you maintain your studio for wide variety of projects for any kind of music.

So you maintain your studio to be in working and running condition, regardless of a label making any orders for you...

Session musicians are typically part of a general studio maintenance cost and are also on a private contract.

Bottom line...studio is a personal responsibility of anyone who has a fancy of running one. Label's interest in eurobeat team work is only licensing here.

Hope I made it clear for ya....if not - p.m me cuz we are doing an offtop here.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Apr 2012, 15:56

zoupzuop2 wrote:Musicians are also (very often) human beings and like food and shelter, too. There's nothing wrong with asking for some support to not only survive, but keep making music, seeing as resources for music making (instruments, keeping the one who plays the instruments from getting sick or dying of starvation or cold etc) cost money.
I wouldn't live solely on music if I know it's an underground genre you know... I would understand if it was an other genre but Eurobeat only needs software...

Whatever.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Apr 2012, 16:22

@Vadim
NOW it's clearer. The way you had put it last time seemed a bit too general, and were it only for that my response would have stood; with this, what you meant makes a great deal more sense. There IS still a budget required for producing tracks, but I understand, for the most part, what you meant.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

producers update

Post by newfield » 29 Apr 2012, 17:59

no more income from Avex, we're naked!

http://www.rollingstonemagazine.it/musi ... r-rs/50089

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 30 Apr 2012, 01:22

lolol, Cherry nudies. Can't imagine how many members on here are going to touch themselves when they see that...
edit - i'll admit she's stacked though

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 30 Apr 2012, 03:05

Gruzky wrote:lolol, Cherry nudies. Can't imagine how many members on here are going to touch themselves when they see that...
edit - i'll admit she's stacked though
Clara has a nice bod...odd to think of one of my favorite singers posing nude. Meh, I play for the other team anyhow :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Apr 2012, 05:23

Wish I knew what the article said? but antway, HOT HOT HOT! That hits a home run for me. 8)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Re: producers update

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 Apr 2012, 07:36

newfield wrote:no more income from Avex, we're naked!

Whoa! That makes TWO Eurobeat artists in Rolling Stone this month... though the second one doesn't have, er, quite the same talents!
Join me on an Odyssey.

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 30 Apr 2012, 17:27

zoupzuop2 wrote:

Whoa! That makes TWO Eurobeat artists in Rolling Stone this month... though the second one doesn't have, er, quite the same talents!
Who's the other? :O

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 Apr 2012, 17:32

Akira wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:

Who's the other? :O
Eurobeat Brony of Odyssey Music. "Ingram, who lists Randy Newman's Pixar work among his influences, has also inspired a vibrant fan musician community, with YouTube views of works by The Living Tombstone, Alex S., Eurobeat Brony and more rivaling those of label-signed musicians."

The video they used is a fan-remix of the original and is not Eurobeat itself. I eagerly await "how I'm killing the genre" anyway.
Join me on an Odyssey.

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 30 Apr 2012, 21:14

Woow~

Discord's song is amazing, both your eurochaos remix and the living tombstone version. And I can't stand those complains about your remixes. You're nailing it! You can like the show or not (personally I have never watched a single chapter) but the songs are great and I admire some "characteristics" of your music, being honest.

Anyway, about the main topic, I'm becoming desperate. More than two months later we don't know anything and now I am afraid, because it's taking TOO long...

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 01 May 2012, 01:20

Akira wrote:now I am afraid, because it's taking TOO long...
I'm personally not expecting any release until July or much later (next year?).

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 01 May 2012, 07:59

The indie producers are doing a lot more. Sure you don't get the same sound or the beloved singers, but you get eurobeat in a different form. Excuse my shameless promotion but if you haven't checked out Eurobeat Forever, do so now. http://eurobeatforever.bandcamp.com/

We're 5-8 labels working on music, albeit at a slow pace but I think we're definitely doing something right. If you like what you hear, consider getting a copy today because the proceeds go to all the producers. We'll be releasing a new compilation soon so you can at least look forward to that for new eurobeat. If you're lucky, you might even hear your favorite producers/singers under a different label on our compilation in the future. :)