Super Eurobeat 223

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Jun 2013, 10:51

WNight wrote:
Jay wrote:Not sure how this off-topic Manuel discussion started but I am very surprised by how little discussion this album has generated. Is it a sign that this album was a big flop?

Having not listened to any of these songs in the past week myself, I am probably right to say now that this is the worst SEB album that I have ever listened to (even worse than 167). There are no truly awful songs on 223 but all of them except perhaps 1 or 2 are... bland. I have no other way to describe them. I find myself going back to some of the songs on 222 and I did not consider that to be a great album either. Interested to hear if anybody is still seriously listening to this album or if it is just me who feels that this album is one of the least interesting in the whole series.
If you saw my comments about the album a few posts back, you would know that I love listening to 223, the only track I have completely abstained from listening to altogether was Belight's. Still, it's a great compilation as compared to 222, which IMHO, is the worst SEB album in a long while (I never cared for that album after I wrote a review about it)
I am 100% in agreement! This album is by far the best of the 220's - I enjoy virtually every track and some are still growing on me :D

And apologies - I compared the synchopation in the chorus of Into The Sunrise to the Manuel track "Let's Go, Come On" ;)

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 01 Jun 2013, 19:25

Well, I must say that the 223 is a really good album. I like almost every song on this compilation. "Blue" and "Ringtone" are my favorites by far. The only song I don't enjoy is "Tearful Eyes".
the_ditz wrote:This album is by far the best of the 220's
The best album in the 220 series is in my opinion 221. But we only got three albums yet. Who knows if 224 or later SEBs are really awsome? :D

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 Jun 2013, 21:08

the_ditz wrote:I am 100% in agreement! This album is by far the best of the 220's - I enjoy virtually every track and some are still growing on me :D
Are you freaking kidding me? It's sort of amazing how I once thought you were frequently critical about the quality of SEB albums, and now it's the other way around. Personally, I can't understand how you constantly consider everything pre-141 to be a load of garbage, yet you're gushing over every new release like it's SEB 175 or something.

I honestly agree with Jay that this is probably the worst SEB album in several years, at least. I especially don't understand the love for the SCP and SinclaireStyle tracks on the CD, as they're just melodically uninspired and/or poorly produced.

SEB 221 is actually pretty good, but if SEB 222 and 223 are seriously above-average for the series' standards, then I can't help but feel that general expectations have seriously lowered.
ImageImage

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 01 Jun 2013, 21:30

#Infinity wrote:
the_ditz wrote:I am 100% in agreement! This album is by far the best of the 220's - I enjoy virtually every track and some are still growing on me :D
Are you freaking kidding me? It's sort of amazing how I once thought you were frequently critical about the quality of SEB albums, and now it's the other way around. Personally, I can't understand how you constantly consider everything pre-141 to be a load of garbage, yet you're gushing over every new release like it's SEB 175 or something.

SEB 221 is actually pretty good, but if SEB 222 and 223 are seriously above-average for the series' standards, then I can't help but feel that general expectations have seriously lowered.
Maybe the music hit them in a way that it didn't hit you. It's an opinion. Stop the trollin lol...
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 01 Jun 2013, 21:44

It's a good album.
Imo.
Period.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 Jun 2013, 01:18

thejti wrote:Maybe the music hit them in a way that it didn't hit you. It's an opinion. Stop the trollin lol...
How is simply expressing an honest and heavily contrasting opinion considered trolling? I really don't see what's so wonderful about SEB 223, and I would love to hear somebody actually explain specifically what they enjoyed about each track rather than shun Jay and me for being in the minority that doesn't feel the same love. I'm not here just to complain, but I have been frankly underwhelmed by the last couple of releases in the series. The only track on SEB 223 really worth listening to more than once (Ringtone) sounds way too much like its predecessor by the same artist.

It's really pretty funny, because the_ditz and I generally agree on the best and worst songs from each album, but this CD is probably one of the biggest disagreements we've ever had regarding quality.
ImageImage

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 02 Jun 2013, 01:39

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Jun 2013, 05:41

eXtaticus
Apologies for me having not yet posted a full review of this SEB volume
Don't even sweat it. I'm barely posting mine tonight. 8)

My review has loads of reasons why I love each track as one of our members so clearly would like to see. I try to breakdown each song and pinpoint what really draws me to it as opposed to doing a general review. I actually was composing my review all week and hearing each track multiple x as I write it, so not to miss any special parts. I easily fall into the group of those who think this is an exceptional disc. Anyway, let's just do it! there are also a few vinyl sleeves to add to the fun.

Super Eurobeat 223 review

1. Dave Rodgers- Into The Sunrise(Extended version)(Sun Fire)
Let’s start off this new cd with one of the Grand fathers of Eurobeat. Dave Rodgers is back with another energy filled classic. This one features a really catchy powerful Synth Riff. After hearing the song multiple TIMEs this week; I realize it does sound like it could’ve come off one of the Euroenergy compilations. Those cds showcased some really good songs, so this is actually a compliment. This TIME around Dave sounds just as good as ever. A bit toned down vocal wise as opposed to the aggressiveness of “1 Fire”, bit that is to be expected. He does; however, capture just the right tone for this new song. The break sounds heavily inspired from classic Aleph material and that adds even more power to the song. However; I think, it could have even been more exciting if he had added more special parts to that break; instead of just copy paste the intro. I also miss the traditional guitar solo. For this reason I think the song might have better suited for Matt Land and even Manuel; as some have already mentioned. For me the bulls eye would have been if this had been Gianni Corraini’s(Dee Jay NRG) new song. Not the immediate chart buster like “Fire Dragon” or “Lucky Man”, but still among Dave’s better and memorable material and a good way to start off the cd.
9/10

2. Belight –Tonight In Paradise(extended version) (SCP)
Boy almost everybody is shooting down this little gem of an up tempo song. I believe Lebon and me are among the few who are enjoying it? It’s been a while since I saw that word “Sprightly” used to describe an SCP song, but I think it fits the style of this song perfectly. Like I mentioned a few TIMEs already, this song has a sort of style from early Vibration works like “Always On My Mind”, “Bad Angel” ect.. It mostly due to the fact that it doesn’t rely on too many layers, but rather the melody with its light synth work. hence ,the artist name, Belight? The vocalist also sounds totally new. It’s not the Girl from Dominique Pratt. I realize that now, but the song’s melody reminds me a lot of “Always On My Mind”. I picked up that melody right off the start when she starts singing and then of course those small chimes and light laser synths inserted in-between the words during the verses; give it an even more Vibration-ish vibe. I guess I like it cause it sounds so very unlike traditional SCP fare; which might also be the reason why some of you don’t like it? I also like the fact the SCP decided to give the songs a proper Extended length. Very excited to hear what’s next in store for Belight.
9/10

3. David Dima – Heart’s On Fire(extended version) (Dima music)
Right Off the back I know this one is gonna be some great Dima material. One of the cd’s standout tracks for me. I can’t recall what I said about the preview, but I made a vinyl for it almost immediately upon hearing it and that means it really blew me away musically. Let’s start off with that incredible sounding intro. It right away gave me that same mesmerizing feel that “Star Dust” did a few years back. Then he breaks into the traditional guitar intros layers with Powerful synths and of course; Dima’s vocals just add another whole level of power. The song is also by my standards the sole true aggressive track on the disc. Sun Fire and AbeatC do feature some aggressive tracks as well; but the bridge and chorus of those songs break away from full on aggressiveness. “Heart’s On Fire” doesn’t. The intro,outro,break ,even his vocal tone all scream Aggressive Eurobeat and that for me is perfection. In fact, I’ll go as far as to say that this one falls among Dima Aggressive heaven like “King Of The World” Bastard Man” So many more but those two reaally stick out in my head for the attitude they carry. This song carries that same in your face attitude that I love in my male sung Eurobeat. I believe it has everything to do with the fact that Dima started out composing at one of the best labels notoriously known for their aggressive style…and that would be ,TIME records. In fact this song would slot very comfortably among those Gino Caria, Claudio Magnani classics. “Heart’s On Fire” is not my favourit song on this disc; that honour is taken by Sinclaire’s material, but it is one of my two favourit male sung song on this disc. Favourite part would be the synth riff. The “Ohohs” overlapping the synths is the POWER.
10/10

4. Megan- Walking Alone In London(extended version) (Sinclaire Style)
Ah, What A treat it is for this song to immediately follow the David Dima song. Everyone hears some thing different in the intro melody. I hear “Cherry- When I Close My Eyes” and even the classic melodies of the Phil & Stan songs. It is so evident when you try slowing down the song a few bpms; which by the way; makes it sound like pure heaven. What slowing down the bpms does, is that it clarifies every note played during the synth riff. That being said; I still enjoy listening to the song as is a lot more, because of the excitement it injects into an otherwise known melody that has throughout the years been played at slower bpms. This is where the Sinclaire craftmanship came in handy. I have enjoyed Sinclaire ‘s newer material immensely, but only on his male sung songs, like Passport To Eurobeat, Toy For Love or the classic Wheel Power & Go. It’s definitely due to the fact that those songs feature Nando Bonini vocals. This new Megan song ; however, is the first TIME I fall head over heals for a female sung Sinclaire compostion. I’ve been trying to decipher just what is the standout feature of the song and came to realize that it’s the entire package that I love. From the moment Sinclaire posted his Vinyl sleeve to the first sneak peaks that I saw on youtube; I knew this song was going to be something extra ordinary for Sinclaire studios. It’s basically the same Synth effects. You can still hear the puny little synths keys in the backround, but this TIME around, they don’t overpower Megan’s vocals, nor do they ruin the song’s atmosphere by sounding like it was produced underwater. He also turns up the notch in the bass department; This adds the much needed power that his female sung productions needed. All this, but what of the melody? Wonderful! Bratt captured the right atmospheric melodies and tones needed to give me the vision of Megan walking alone in London. I recall how Digital Planet gave me the same sensation with the song “New Day”. This; for my standards, is an incredible song writing talent. I just don’t know where he was storing at all this TIME, but I’m glad he found it again and not only once ,but twice on this disc.
10++++/10

5. Nuage – Crazy Little Love(extended version) (Go Go's music)
The excitement for me goes down considerably with this next song. It’s no so much the transy elements; which I’ve never been a fan of, but it’s more like the song tries to rely too much on it’s good chorus o carry it through. Actually for me the melodies in the intro and verses are more exciting. I like when her tone goes up, but once the chorus comes along; which again I stress, is good, it also turns into another song. It’s grown on me since I first heard its preview form and even since I first heard it in its entreaty, but when I think of Nuage hits; I think of Shine, Let’s Go Dee Jay, I’m Never Gonna Let You Down and Forget You, Blue ect.. this is ,on the other hand, GoGo's Music label, so I really wasn't expecting old School ABeatC style. The title of the song is also very GoGo's, for constantly reminds of Lolita songs. It kinda sounds a little too happy for a more adult transy sounding song like this one. Like I said it’s a nice song with nice breaks and melodies, but nothing really special compared to the real highlights of the disc.
7-/10

6. Powerful T. – Magic Car(SEB edit) (Sun Fire)
Up next we have the latest from Poweful T. Throughout the Years; Powerful T., has put out some real memorable material. “Louder and Faster”, “Glorious” are just two that come to mind, but his list is pretty impressive. I fear this song got the short end of the stick. First off,its length. I think it deserved at least a 4:40 length in order to really able to come alive. It shows a lot of promise. The ever reliable vocal ability of Powerful T. is present, The immediately catchy aggressive- like synth riff is also present. What I believe got hacked out was the traditional guitar solo. I mean; when I see Powerful T.; I expect a guitar solo. WNight and I are the only ones who seem to really miss that ingredient, but whjen you think of Eurobeat; Dave Rodgers was one of the pioneer composers who started inserting the Guitar solos onto the genre, giving the songs a heavier powerful sound and I really miss that on the Sun Fire tracks on this cd.Actually we do get some guitar magic in the intro, but this song really needed a break in order to even try to compete with the Dave Rodgers entry. It’s a real pity, cuz it has such a nice aggressive vibe going on in the verses, bridge and chorus. The riff is likewise as impressive as the rest of the song, but I feel so much more could have been added. We might have even had another Poweful T. classic in the making. For now I’m gonna enjoy his new song, but will ultimately make my own extended in the very near future. This TIME around a little “Power” was shaved off the sides, but still a really great offering from one of Eurobeat’s classic personas.
8+/10

7. Micky B. – Miss You(extended version) (ABeatC)
Up next we have Micky B.’s new song. Back in the day I was a bit more excited to see her name on the discs credits, but those days seem to be long gone. This song left so much to be desired. 4:17 minuits isn’t the best choice for an extended length to begin with, but that’s not even the problem here. The problem here is her vocal ability. She sounds like she has little to no interest in singing this track. To make things worse she delivers the chorus almost amateur-like. I forget if someone mentioned this is probably an older ABeatC track or what, but it sounds like it came from the 180s. Not ABeatC’s shining era. By the TIME the middle break comes around, this track knows its in trouble. You hear how the break kinda wants to change the intro a little? It fails because the track is too far underwater to save itself from drowning. For me the worst track on the disc and probably the least memorable Micky B. song ever. -6 is the lowest score I give to Eurobeat songs and that’s just what I’m gonna do.
-6/10

8. Lilly- Make Me Wonder(extended version) (HRG Attack)
After Literally falling asleep during that last track; the discs level reverts itself to the exceptional level it has mostly been carrying. Oh, what a treat it is to hear something brand new from Lilly. “I Believe In Miracle” remains still so etched in my mind and especially with it’s full extended version featured on the HRG Attack Italo compilation. Here Miss Lilly’s new song carries the same Italo melodies and vibes, just at a faster rate. Peoples really have to listen to the song and get a grip on all its special parts. This song could have easily sung by Clara or Elena during HRG Attack days at TIME. Its so full of power and a very according to Italo melody synth riff that could easily have been the new Jilly or Helena song. Lilly also sounds really sexy singing that chorus. Once again she is using her real vocal tones. A practice that has made HRG Attack female songs sound even better than before. That, and that tasty bass boost is really bringing something new to the mix. I love how the back round music parts change during that third verse at the 2:35 minuit mark. That brings on a whole new level of excitement to the song. Nothing beats that last break. It s a mix between the intro and something totally new with guitars and keys. It’s short but all according to the powerful vibe the song already has. I’ll go as far as to say that everything about the song after that 2:35 mark is very innovative. This one is sure to go down as one of HRG Attack’s biggest hits for this new Eurobeat year.
10/10

9. Rich Hard – Blue(extended version) (Sun Fire)
This next track is a real treat for those of us who are now huge Rich Hard fans. It’s been for a while now that Rich has adapted himself to a certain Eurobeat sound. Very Heavy in the synths and instruments, but very Italo in the chorus and synth melodies. This as it turns out has turned out to be a winning combination for Rich. It can be equally appreciated by both old and new school Eurobeat fans. Those of us who are allready avid ABeatC/Sun Fire fans, immediately fall for the heavy melodic synth work of Giancarlo Pasquinni. Fans who like a somewhat transy vibe in their Eurobeat can also fall prey to the captivating and mesmerizing effects in the synth riff. And those who are Italo freaks; yours truly included, will immediately be taken by that wonderfull melody part during the verses and synth. Its Italo influence is most evident when used during the third verse. That is music magic and when it slides right into that mini synth break, you’ll know you are listening to first class Sun Fire material. This new track also has something that has been a long TIME coming and that’s really great vocal work from Rich. He is quickly starting to sound right at home singing his own unique Eurobeat style. The song itself is fascinating. Wonderfully composed, with out of these world melodies. I like to think of it as the contrast to “Wild Boys”. Sort of what White is to Black. Still in the end both colours are the beginning and end of all the others.
10+++/10

10. Stephy Martini – Flying Free(extended version) (Dima Music)
The next song features a name that almost always guarantees 100% anticipation from the Eurobeat community. For me this song has many special parts, but also a few just misses. It’s already becoming that one track that will grow with TIME. The one that could spend multiple weeks on the Hi NRG top 20 before actually revving up the steam needed to go to the top. I can easily say that the most uninteresting part about the song is the melody it has during the verses. It breaks away too much from the bridge and even more from the epic feel of the chorus; which is easily the part that lifts you up to the sky. I could also use more of that famous note sustaining ablilty she so perfectly showcased on “Speed Demon” and “Emotions”. It always certifies her song to EPIC status. Another factor is that Sinclaire and HRG Attack graced the disc with such awesome material that poor Stephy will have to take backseat to some of her female competition. The intro will have to be the second most interesting part of the song for me. There is a part right after that first synth riff that really breaks away fro the normal Eurobeat structure. It is short, but those of us looking out for special parts in the songs will immediately pick up on it. I would like to see more of it, bit not so much as it would become tainted. For this song it seems to fit nicely among the already EPIC feel of the music. I think I gave it a whole other point for that outro alone? Anyway,On a disc where 10 and above seem regular; a nine would seem seam a bit weak, but a nine is still a nine. One step away from 10, so good work for Stephy and especially for the master behind the finger work; David Dima.
9+/10

10. Baby Gold – Amazing Love(extended version) (HRG Attack)
OOOHHWEEE!! Love it! That’s the first impression I got when I heard this Gem in its entirety. When I say a song is Euromach worthy ; I’m saying the song is above Eurobeat standards. These are the songs that made me run up phone and credit card bills just to aquire their Vinyl extended versions. This song certainly takes me back to those Eurobeat hunting days gone by. How extraordinary would this track be on Vinyl. I can only day dream of holding the vinyl in my hands for the first TIME as I’m ready to listen to it in my old Dee jay studio. I’ve seem to have side tracked a bit here. Let’s go back to the actual song. Favorite part? The synth riff. This one must’ve just come out immediately after listening to some classic Italo song. I love how HRG Attack is inspired by old school Itao synth riffs. All they do is add about 20 or so bps to the original and “wala” a masterpiece of a melody is created. I’m a huge Baby Gold fan already, so falling prey to her material isn’t a stretch for me. I love her vocals. Here she sounds a bit on the playful and sexy side. Once again abstaining from using chipmunk vocals has brought HRG Attacks female vocal abilities to new higher standards. The Into is somewhat funky. Here we do have some chipmunk back up inserts, but not so funky as to ruin the song. It actually adds to the playfulness . It sort of misguides you into another direction so the listener is completely surprised when the actual synth riff begins to play. It works wonderfully, because the synth riff fall into the aggressive zone. You have the mini explosions and lasers all through out the song. Those are used to guide the melody in and out of its aggressive tone. By the TIME the 3:40 mark comes along, we get the funky intro one last TIME, but this TIME is morphs into an alternate vibe for the bridge. Its all used in perfect synchronization to bring the tune to its finish. So, the First listen I thought, that’s a nice 8. Second Time; I thought ,that’s more like a nine, but after a few headphone listens and really surrendering myself to the melodies and synths; I’ve come to realize I was listening to a 10 all along.
10/10

11. Boris – Ring Tone(extended version) (Delta)
Its odd how we were forced to wait for the DELTA until the 11th and 12th songs on the disc. Were they worth the wait? Let’s see. Boris really brought something new the table with “Shakalaka Boom”, The infamous Russian vibe sound that was used by practically all the labels was unheard of on DELTA. At least I cannot recall any Russian flava song on that label until Boris was introduced. SCP is another one that should give it a shot. Anyway, back to this song. It surely carries a vibe I hear a lot in songs by Luke. Especially in the intro; this actually sounds a bit rehashed. It’s not a stand out part of the song, but I really love it as it immediately turns into its Russian melody. That is the real only part that gets me excited to the max. Boris Vocal work is all right. I think he sounded more believable as a Russian when he sang “Shakalaka Boom” On this new song, he sounds like he is straining a bit to sound Russian. I know he is Italian, but his vocal accent flowed easier on Shakalaka Boom then it does here. That might sound like Knit-Picking, but vocals are super important to me and why change when he already had perfect? Another part I really love besides that riff is the Russian “ohhs” heard in the background during the bridge. It so reminded me of “Gorky Park” from Chester. I could give it a whole other point just for that alone. The break returns and likewise sounds a bit simple as did the intro. I believe more originally could have been injected to really come up with a memorable intro and break. It does .however make up for its flaws with that rather enticing mini guitar solo right before the last couplet.
8+/10

12. Leslie Parrish- Overjoy(extended version) (Delta)
A Delta song following a Delta song really made me realize how much more I enjoyed this track. Let’s start off with the intro. It has the sort of intro style of Nathalie- “Heartbeat” with every other note introducing the start of the synth riff. I really like it and is seldom used this way. The tempo of the song is also taken to a new hights with the finger work of Ken Blast. I use his stage name cuz I can see Travis really giving life to the track with that awesome synth riff melody. So in Eurobeat world, it’s Ken Blast on keyboards while Leslie is carrying out the melody with her astonishing vocals work. I can really hear how her vocal works sound eons better than on “Reborn My Fire” which I still think was modest showing for DELTA standards. This song kinda rushes a bit through in the verses department, but really hit an epic notch in its bridge and even more during the chorus. On this part, Clara sounds super sexy. It gives the song that sensual ingredient that was missing in “Reborn My Fire”. It’s kinda funny but the break has a hint of Sinclaire. If you blink you will miss it, cuz it’s just at the start, but sounds really at home once you hear it. I also wish that second break; with the pianos had lasted a bit longer. It felt a little rushed to get the bridge and chorus. I know the chorus is superb, but so are other parts of the song. In the end it’s a whole other notch better than Boris’s song, so you guessed it? A score nine for Leslie Parrish and Ken Blast. By the way, how cool would the tile Ken Blast – Overjoy feat. Leslie Parrish have sounded?
9+/10

12. Les – Tearful Eyes(extended version) (Sinclaire Style)
Damn good cds go by quick. We are already up to Sinclaire’s second absolutely breathtaking entry. Les is a whole new artist as quoted by Bratt himself. He was searching for a female vocalist reminding us of the immortal Elena Ferretti. Now while no other vocalist could ever capture her amazing almost operatic vocal tone; Les comes suspiciously close the GODDESS herself. It would be nice to learn a bit more of Les in the months to come and from the reception she is getting with this “Tearful Eyes” it seems I’m already anticipating her next glorious hit. What we start off is a very unlike Sinclaire Style intro. Pianos always bring something heavenly to any intro and this song really captures the feel of the classic Melody sung songs at DELTA. It’s a new dawn for Eurobeat and what Sinclaire has done is taken an Aishu style melody and added some Power to it. It’s mega fast. I’m not usually taken in by such mega fast melodies, but SInclaire has managed to keep the aishu feel intact. Just listen to that breakdown at the 3:12 mark. The Pianos are pure Eurobeat magic. Favorite parts are with no doubt the chorus. It sounds very different from usual Sinclaire material. It sounds much more like “Love As A Weapon” The way she carries herself in the lyrical melody is as if she was channeling Elena, herself. That being said; Les has her own very evident tone; which sounds perfect for a song like this. It can go somewhat high, but never does she lose her heavenly tone. The tone and speed of the song implies that her vocals could go into hyper level, but she maintains her true tone. That again for me shows real strong control with her vocal abilities. I think Sinclaire has found himself a real gem of a vocalist and I can only hope he saves his best material for her.
10+++/10

13. Tanith & Dark Evil – Welcome To The Show(extended version) (SPC)
This last song is by far what I would expect on an SEB disc; especially after “Tearful Eyes” I’m not a fan of this style. It goes beyond Aggressive Eurobeat style and actually delves into Hyper techno territory. What kills it for me is the total contrast in vocal work from Tanith and Dark Evil. I would say Tanith is the female? La Gatta? She sounds good. She sounds like she wants to sing a Eurobeat song, but Dark Evil(Fastway)doesn’t let her prevail and it all sounds like a huge mess. Fastway goes beyond singing and he actually sounds as if he is screaming at me. Throwing phrases like “Everybody rave” just doesn’t sit well with at all when I’m in a Eurobeat zone. Some of you think this is the best song on the disc? Good for you, but I could have gone my whole life without hearing this song and never felt like I have missed out on anything. To be fair; I will add that this song does showcase one hell of a great Synth Riff. I could easily hope to hear this same riff rehashed in a future for a song for Go 2 or Hotblade. It’s really good. So in the end; if this song was entirely just sung by The girl(la Gatta?) and did away with some of those, let’s call them; Chaotic Techno beats, then I know I would have enjoyed it a lot more. Oh yeah, and have Fastway yell at someone else. I love his aggresso style in the past, but he really made the whole experience uncomfortable this TIME around.
-6/10

Final words. This is an extraordinary disc from all levels. First off it showcases some incredible works from of HRG Attack, Sun Fire, Dima and Delta. That usually isn’t surprising. However it added something totally new to the mix and that is that it featured some of the most amazing Eurobeat material I have heard in a while from a producer that was just waiting to take the Eurobeat community by storm. Bratt Sinclaire already knew he had his confidence in 5th gear when he showcased not one, but two vinyl sleeves for his new songs. That showed confidence that his songs were vinyl worthy. As a result; both his entries really impressed me. They were perfect from start to finish and I’m really excited to hear more from his new protégée; Les. She is a Eurobeat GODDESSS in the making. I guess the older ABeatC song was the one that left much to be desired. I know Micky B. can put out much better material. Aside form that one and “Welcome to the Show” ,this disc slots as my favorite since the new year begun. For me, it’s as good as vol. 204 and 208. Quite possibly even 211.

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 02 Jun 2013, 18:16

Drnrg: Good review and cool sleeves!!!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 02 Jun 2013, 20:35

drnrg, I would have bet a million dollars on you disliking Welcome To The Show. Oh and, Magic Car isn't an Edit. IT'S AN EXTENDED (unless proven otherwise).

And I would have won... *sigh*

@EurothunderNL Tearful Eyes & Walking Alone In Londo covers are the originel ones done by SincalireStyle. Btw.

Personally, I have the same opinion as eXtaticus. This album is, imo, not as good as SEB 221 and 222. However, 223 has some really good track still! For me, those tracks are "Into The Sunrise", "Tonight In Paradise", "Make Me Wonder", "Tearful Eyes" and "Welcome To The Show". See my review a few pages back for the rest of my opinion.

@Bore Are your reviews coming along? I want to read them!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 02 Jun 2013, 22:48

I enjoyed Together in Paradise and hope to hear more in this fashion.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Jun 2013, 22:56

#Infinity wrote:

I honestly agree with Jay that this is probably the worst SEB album in several years, at least. I especially don't understand the love for the SCP and SinclaireStyle tracks on the CD, as they're just melodically uninspired and/or poorly produced.

I don't dismiss everything before 141 as "garbage" - I just don't listen to it as much as it's not my favourite style. Having said that, songs like "Burning Desire", "Never Alone" and "Funky Warriors" to name but a few are pure gold, so there is definitely merit in the older Eurobeat.

Did anyone read my comments about all of the tracks that I posted a few pages back? They state why I love the tracks I do, and why there were a few tracks that weren't quite as awesome. If I have the time, I'll try to do a more detailed and up-to-date review, but I similarly find it perplexing how you dismiss the current albums so quickly without hearing the awesome melodies and nuances that I do. I guess our tastes are just evolving to be quite different :P

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 02 Jun 2013, 23:16

@drnrg: Where did you get the cover images? I only knew the ones of "Tearful Eyes" and "Walking Alone In London".

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 Jun 2013, 23:58

the_ditz wrote:I don't dismiss everything before 141 as "garbage" - I just don't listen to it as much as it's not my favourite style. Having said that, songs like "Burning Desire", "Never Alone" and "Funky Warriors" to name but a few are pure gold, so there is definitely merit in the older Eurobeat.
For me personally, a lot of eurobeat from the late 1990's and early 2000's, depending on label, is pretty darn impressive. Sure, the instrumentation may not be as updated, but there was a clear focus on melodic impact and so many tracks were just generally memorable for me. Plenty of newer releases match up easily to the better albums from the earlier decades, but I suppose that era has more tracks with infinite replay value.
the_ditz wrote:Did anyone read my comments about all of the tracks that I posted a few pages back? They state why I love the tracks I do, and why there were a few tracks that weren't quite as awesome. If I have the time, I'll try to do a more detailed and up-to-date review, but I similarly find it perplexing how you dismiss the current albums so quickly without hearing the awesome melodies and nuances that I do. I guess our tastes are just evolving to be quite different :P
Well, again, I actually really like SEB 221, and it's grown on me a little since I first bought it, so I'm not automatically close-minded over new releases. Still, the last couple of albums are pretty weak, in my opinion. I can highly appreciate your specific comments regarding each track from 223, but this batch of eurobeat just doesn't serve my personal tastes as much as I would've liked.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Jun 2013, 02:09

KiraTM
@drnrg: Where did you get the cover images? I only knew the ones of "Tearful Eyes" and "Walking Alone In London".
Sinclaire's sleeves and Dave Rodgers are originals. I kept them intact. They appear elsewhere on this same thread. The rest I created myself. That's what I've been doing for years now. Anyway, I'm glad you liked them. I'll come up with some ideas for some for Stephy, Boris and Powerful T. in the weeks to come.

Lebon14
drnrg, I would have bet a million dollars on you disliking Welcome To The Show. Oh and, Magic Car isn't an Edit. IT'S AN EXTENDED (unless proven otherwise).

And I would have won... *sigh*
You would be rich indeed. It's all because Fastway's vocals that made me not like that song. True story. Years ago Gino Caria released Rock N Roll Super Star under his Mike Skanner alias. I hated it, because he sounded more like shouting than singing. Its the vocals and how they use them that either turns me on or turns me off.

I was thinking about Powerful T. and came to the conclusion that if it had featured the traditional guitar solo; it would actually have ran it's course in to 4:30 and up. You're right ; it's an extended, but I'm bing sarcastic because I don't like those legnths for Eurobeat. They cut the break and in this case the guitar solo.

the_ditz
If I have the time, I'll try to do a more detailed and up-to-date review

Please do! I enjoy your longer reviews :)