Super Eurobeat 224

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 16 Jul 2013, 14:44

All I can say about this album: YES YES YES!!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 16 Jul 2013, 15:05

Wow. First 3 tracks are KILLER!
Loving Stephy's song and how the riff uses an older riff of hers with a slight change.
Kaioh is amazing too, and even Jager as well as Fastway.

The verses for Prayer by Ducky Chix are incredibly good as well.
Definately going for the older Clara style of songs here in a very good way.

And I am shocked with Bliss's song.
It is probably the most furthest sounding song I have heard from Eurobeat. We've been surprised before with some songs in the past that didn't sound like Eurobeat, but this one tops it all, in my opinion. I can't even describe it. Sounds like a song that the all girl J-pop group "Perfume" would sing. It isn't bad though at all, just way different. I am surprised it was even allowed on this album and that Avex didn't reject it, knowing how strict they seem. Again, though, I am not hating it though, but it almost helps creating a soothing aura, and I think it could have been used as a middle track on the album as a "stop and rest transitional point" between other Eurobeat songs before it and after it.

Will comment more on others songs later.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 16 Jul 2013, 18:13

Just heard the album.

Just Say Yeah sounds too much like an Ace production. Dunno why it's track 1. It sounds very popish though.

Stay With You's riff sounds too much like Power And Love.

Fly Magic is interesting for a Jager song. Sounds very popish again.

In The Rhythm of the Night is okay.

Prayer / Ducky Chix is the best song on the album.

It's quite obvious that SCP is still experimenting with Eurobeat.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 16 Jul 2013, 18:22

Overall this SEB features mostly mediocre melodies and appears musically uninspired.

I agree that Bliss tune is awefull, random sounding and absolutely noneurobeat...a futile waste of small SEB space...
----
... Jagger new tune is actually great.. catchy chorus..

Sinclaire's Prayer is really strong in melody...a highlight of this SEB..

..Paul Harris tune seems good...

..retro Annalise track is nice...
Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 16 Jul 2013, 19:11

To me, it seems many tracks on the new SEB albums sound too laid back and too commercial dance. :/ Where did the hyper edge go? "Stay With You", "Prayer", "Radio Love", "Pull The Trigger" , & "Elements of Fire" were my top tracks.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 16 Jul 2013, 19:27

Bonkers wrote:Where did the hyper edge go? "Stay With You", "Prayer", "Radio Love", "Pull The Trigger" , & "Elements of Fire" were my top tracks.
Yeah most of the SS songs these days sound like hardcore don't they :P

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 16 Jul 2013, 20:33

I was surprised by the samples. I liked pretty much every song on the album, except for that Bliss track. I'm usually not that hyped for HRG Attack but both of their tracks sounded really nice.

SS are in their own league as usual. I really hope they can maintain their current level of quality!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 16 Jul 2013, 22:34

Tiger wrote:
Bonkers wrote:Where did the hyper edge go? "Stay With You", "Prayer", "Radio Love", "Pull The Trigger" , & "Elements of Fire" were my top tracks.
Yeah most of the SS songs these days sound like hardcore don't they :P
lol, they are speedy, yes, but they have such a...rebellious feel to them which I like. Overall, I'm excited for the release, and I'm glad this genre is still getting physical formatted releases. It may be pricey for international buyers, but hey, if this is your passion, then save your money for 2 paychecks and pick up an album.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 16 Jul 2013, 23:16

Well, as I can see, all of you are hyping this album according to this previews. But I must say most of the previews don't have that certain indefinable something. As I expected the Norma song couldn't reach my favor. But I was surprised that the Annalise song sounded quite good. And the Daniel track was catchy. Goldginger sounds like a typical Hi-NRG Attack track but I like it. Go, go, go, Goldginger~~ It could become my favorite track on this album. Pull The Trigger by Bon has a interesting melody, I'm sure that won't be a track I'll skip often. After 3 seconds of hearing Higher Higher More And More I had to think of Tonight In Paradise. The refrain kinda sounds like a children chore, somehow interesting. A really calming song (with misheard lyrics in the preview: in the ass in the last seconds of the preview, hehe).

I'm glad to see how SCP does experiment with Eurobeat. Sometimes less, sometimes more succesful in my opinion. The Jager song sounded really "out of the style" of Jager. I have to wait until I get my copy, so I can listen to it some times until I can make my decision if good or bad. Maybe it's like Lovely by Irene. As the preview came out, she only got hates for that song. But after listening to that song several times, it became better and better and is now one of my favorite songs of 222.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 17 Jul 2013, 00:58

For those that consider iTunes an ennemy. SEB224 samples, in one audio track, directly ripped from iTunes.

SendSpace
MEGA

P.S Not too hyped about this album...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 17 Jul 2013, 01:58

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 17 Jul 2013, 02:26

Very little that is truly interesting here. This is a fairly generic release...

They're not bad, but they certainly aren't what I'd call good. Some of these friggin' tracks sound like House Music, I was like...what?

I guess I'll get it and probably forget about it the way I forgot about 173 when it came out.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Jul 2013, 02:31

JUST SAY YEAH: AWESOME preview.
STAY WITH YOU: Sounds kind of like the last few Stephy tunes. Meh.
FLY MAGIC: Oh my GOD THAT CHORUS. Gaahahaa~!
IN THE RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT: Quite classy, sounds like HRG is more enthusiastic about the job lately and it shows!
DANCING ON THE STREET: Sounds like a David Dima track... that's not a bad thing, just very... stable, I suppose.
POISON: I dig the kind of 'dirty' flavor. Daniel's voice is in top shape as always.
PRAYER: Sinclaire has taken his girls out of the wind tunnel and put every other instrument there. And the result is FACEMELTINGLY GOOD.
SAY SAY SAY: I don't like the preview much. Annalise doesn't sound bad, but it sounds like ABeatC in their trough days when Raimondi gave the songs amazing intros but poor... everything else.
DREAMERS: Paul's voice is really rich, and it's nice to hear a slow tune done just right. I'd love to hear the riff though.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE: Sounds like Sun Fire or late ABeatC tried to out-windtunnel Sinclaire. Riff sounds pretty tasty though!
RADIO LOVE: Sounds like Sun Fire, but is it? What I could hear of the riff sounds really quite new and I'd love to hear what they tried out!
GOLDGINGER: What a title. Nice to hear Mr. Festari behind the mic again, riff sounds actually really REALLY damned good.
PULL THE TRIGGER: Competition for best-on-album with Just Say Yeah if the rest of the track follows suit.
HIGHER HIGHER MORE AND MORE: Trancy, but I kind of dig it. Vocals... a little syrupy, in an unsettling way. Is that a kid's choir? I'll have to reserve judgement for the riff.
THE ELEMENT OF FIRE: HOLY CRAP

JUST

FASTWAY

YES

MORE OF THIS PLEASE. Another competitor for best-on-album if preview is anything to go by.

I want this album the moment it becomes available for import. Also when I have the money to do so.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 17 Jul 2013, 04:16

I aren't too impressed with majority of the samples either, only ones that stood out :

Radio Love / Isabelle
Fly Magic / Jager - Sounds like it could be a great rebound from his last disappointing entry.
Prayer / Ducky Chix
Poison / Daniel
Dancing On The Street / David Dima
In The Rhythm Of The Night / Cindy

I am quite disappointed by Fastway's sample though, for what is SCP's most masculine alias (and not to mention that mouth watering song title), the track just sounds really tame and they could make it a Kaioh song altogether and it wouldn't make a difference. Here's hoping the full song is a different animal but I am not expecting much.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 17 Jul 2013, 04:51

I have fairly mixed thoughts about these samples, though they do suggest this album will be much better than SEB's 222 and 223.

1. Just Say Yeah / Kaioh
Definitely not up to par with Sunlight, but still pretty good. It's sort of in the same vein as It's Like a Fire in that its melody is kind of dissonant, yet commercial-friendly at the same time. As I sort of mentioned before, I'm still really upset that GGM merged with SCP, because this, along with Sunlight, sound 100% SCP in terms of production style. It's pretty much the equivalent scenario if GGM went completely defunct and the remaining vocalists just moved over to SCP.
:)

2. Stay with You / Stephy Martin
I love you Stephy, but I'm afraid this really lacks of originality. The chorus sounds like every other hook used for Dima's female-led productions, and the synth seems to be rehashed from Power of Love. Unfortunately, this is probably one of Stephy's weakest tracks to date.
:|

3. Fly Magic / Jager
This is just what I anticipated and hoped for from this alias. In keeping true to Jager's winning streak, this carries a poppy, yet strong tune with excellent vocals and production to spare. Easily one of my favorite samples.
:grin:

4. In the Rhythm of the Night / Cindy
Pretty average Hi-NRG Attack. The chorus here is clunky and unmemorable.
:|

5. Dancing on the Street / David Dima
David Dima has gotten increasingly forgettable with every release, more or less, and this is sadly no exception to that pattern. I had hoped for another epic masterpiece like King of the World or even Dance Eurobeat, but this track seems to bring absolutely nothing fresh to the name, and I'll probably forget about it before the next SEB even comes out.
:( / :|

6. Poison / Daniel
This track will probably polarize the community. It's definitely one of the riskier Capaldi productions in recent years, but Daniel's vocal performance is a little odd. This could turn out to be great, but I'll have to hear the full track before making a fair conclusion.

7. Prayer / Ducky Chix
The best track Leonardi has handed to one of his ladies in a very long time. Not sure if I would quite rank this up with Loving Eurobeat and Boys Gone Wild, but after a long period of disappointment from SinclaireStyle's female leads, this is a very pleasant surprise.
:) / :grin:

8. Say Say Say / Annalise
Oh dear, we're back to A-Beat C's ultra-forgettable dark period from around 2007. This is just as insipid as the rest of Annalise's schlock from the 180's decade.
:(

9. Dreamers / Paul Harris
Bit of a slower pace here, but as with Marika's two songs, it works to this track's advantage. I'm looking quite forward to this.

10. Do You Believe in Love / Norma Sheffield
Well, this is about as strong as you can get with a terribly mediocre vocalist. The smooth production here is actually pretty effective with the track's mild tone, even though Norma's voice is still as nasal and off-key as ever.
:| / :)

11. Radio Love / Isabelle
The chorus focuses way too much on the same chord, and the bland melody does little to help matters. The synths are also really thin and the pace too slow to support the utterly simplistic structure. This sample really drags.
:(

12. Goldginger / Nick Turbo
Roberto Festari gives me yet another surprisingly good track following the footsteps of Lucky Lucky. That synth hook sounds pretty odd, though.

13. Pull the Trigger / Bon
I really like this track so far, and I find it a shame that most people here really aren't taking to it.

14. Higher Higher More and More / Bliss
And just what on earth is this? I feel like I'm listening to the theme song of some little children's show from the 1980's. This could either turn out to be tolerable at best or my absolute least favorite track of the entire decade.
:( / :|

15. The Element of Fire / Fastway
Seems like a lot has been thrown into this chorus. As with Hyper Super Powers, the shouts are distracting, but at least the hook is a bit more melodic, if still rather unfocused. Seems like a pretty good song based on the sample, but it's still eons behind Shock Out, Love Countdown, and the like.
ImageImage