Super Eurobeat 224

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 17 Jul 2013, 05:03

POISON + PULL THE TRIGGER + DANCING ON THE STREET

yeah baby

Do You Believe In Love catches my fancy too.

The Bliss song made me feel like I was in Disneyland :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Jul 2013, 10:37

Once again thanks to Lebon's upload of the previews; I can contribute to the thread. Very Excited for this one

1. Kaioh - Just Say Yeah (GGMs)
Wonderful first preview. I think I'm gonna like this one more than "Sunlight". That chorus has that Jay Lehr-ish SCP vibe to it. I just hope to GOD it's longer than 4:00 mins. I can allready envision a very cool sounding break; which I probobly won't be getting? Still, loving the preview.
:D

2. Stephy Martini - Stay with You(Dima Music)
Is there a worse way to rehash a song you just released a few months ago. Not the route I expect from Dima studios. Sorry but not interested at all.
:(

3. Jager - Fly Magic (SCP)
You guys hear poppy; I hear 80's Italo vibe; which sends all the right signals. That bridge sounds magical. It's the chorus that makes you fly. Exceptional SCP work here. Once again; please at least let me enjoy the song or a decent 4:30 song legnth.
:D :grin:

4. Cindy - In the Rhythm of the Night (HRG Attack)
SWEET! Cindy kicks up the Melodic level at high NRG gear. She also uses a few of her well known vocal tones. Two superb previews side by side.
:D :grin:

5. David Dima - Dancing on the Street (Dima Music)
I'm really liking this previews. Has all the spacy NRG I expect from Dima Studios. The contrast of the song's title and song's actual melodies makes it all the more appealing. I love that sort of whip sound. Dima studios could get rid of that rehash feel of thier songs, by doing just comming up with new aliases. This song could have been also perfect for Claudio Magnani to sing.

6. Daniel - Poison(Delta)
WOW! This is refreshing. Loving the return of Marco to the frontline. Different melodies throughout the song. Could turn out to be my favouite of the bunch.
8)

7. Ducky Chix - Prayer (Sinclaire Style)
Sinclaire must be putting acic on the synth keys. makes him play them at incredible speeds. This one gets your heart racing. Loving it. Could have also been a great followup Les single.

8. Annalise - Say Say Say(ABeatC)
This song has a very nice melodic structure and she sounds rather pleasant, but I hate the sound those synths produce. I used to say this during that 170s era too. Needs an incredible intro and break for me to forgive those synths.
:|

9. Paul Harris - Dreamers (Delta)
YES YES YES!!! Relax the bpms and you have a wonderful preview. This could turn out to be GOLD for Paul. Definatly will be one of my favs from him. It's my ITALO zone in Undercover Eurobeat. i'm truly amazed at the synth work.
8)

10. Norma Sheffield - Do You Believe in Love (ABEATC/Sun Fire)
I would like to love this for its wonderful melodies. The bridge is especially catching and Norma is one of my favs, but......it sounds like it was produced in a school dance hall with some weak synths. very amatuere.
:(

11. Isabelle - Radio Love(Sun Fire)
This one is eons better in production quality. Still not apt for the sounds I excpect from Sun Fire studios, but it does have original themes going on. Lot of insertions ,like Rich Hard song would have. Not bad and would like to hear more.
:)

12. Nick Turbo - Goldginger (HRG Attack)
It's allways a treat to hear something new from Mr. Festari. This ones sounds to have a sort of 007 theme going on. Could be about the Dalorean model? You can even hear the theme song accompaning the break just as the preview fades out. "never use you finger to break my heart" LOL!
8)

13. Bon - Pull the Trigger(Sinclaire Style)
love this preview. That chorus hits the spot. Now that I hear the melos of the verses and bridge, I say, Sinclaire has done it agian. I hope he is producing day n night to not lose the streak.
8)

14. Bliss - Higher Higher More and More (?)
Kids and robots. Who the hell thoght this was a good idea? What label is this? It sounds like something SCP might put out, but I'm not sure? The weird thing is , I love the synth riff :x
:???:

15. Fastway - The Element of Fire(SCP)
I gotta say, by keeping the shoutouts to a limit, this preview is actually sounding mighty tasty. I Like the melo in the chorus and the synth riff as well.
:)

A lot of great sounding previews showcasing the different styles of Eurobeat. Should turn out to be a big hit. I'm sure the songs will deliver as promising as the previews sound. Four previews put me in my perfecet Eurobeat zone and two of those are from DELTA. :D

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 17 Jul 2013, 11:58

Thought this was a much better release than SEB223. I ended up liking just about every song from this album.

Both HRG songs had some extra depth and intrigue to them than the previous train wrecks so that made me particularly happy. I fancy 'Goldginger' a little bit more than the Cindy song but nevertheless they both have replay value. I had to go all the way back to SEB217 to find the last HRG song that I actually wanted to listen to again (that being 'Touch Me' by Nikita Jr).

I was most impressed with the two Delta entries, however. 'Poison' and 'Dreamers' are replete with rich vocal harmonies and catchy rhythms—something lacking in nearly all the other recent Delta productions. A major improvement and I hope this is a sign of better things to come!

The Bliss production sounds incredible. It sounds really fresh and dynamic, which is an extreme rarity in this genre. I won't get caught up in the 'is it eurobeat or is it not?' debate but this is one song that I think everyone should appreciate for pushing the boundaries. Needless to say, since everybody here only likes eurobeat songs that carry one-dimensional, flat, predictable structures and synth lines, I'm expecting a massive outcry akin to what 'What D'You Want From Me' received.

The only label I'm truly disappointed with is Dima. Extremely bland and washed-out productions that I won't be coming back to.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 17 Jul 2013, 12:17

Jay wrote:The only label I'm truly disappointed with is Dima. Extremely bland and washed-out productions that I won't be coming back to.
I agree. The studio has been caught in a cycle of meh the last few albums. A lot of rehashed ideas and melodies. I tend to skip David's tracks in general...he needs something exciting akin to his days with Vibration and SCP or with tracks like "Help Me" and "Save A Prayer". And poor Stephy getting blech tracks that don't sound very inspiring.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 17 Jul 2013, 14:03

The two tracks that made the biggest impression on me after the first listen is Fly Magic (but that's no surprise - Jager is god!!) and Dreamers (that hook is just delicious!)

Dima's tracks weren't that inspiring, the Sunfire/A-Beat C offerings were watery and with no major punch, and both HRG and SS have taken a step backwards to my ears (although none of the tracks are terrible - they just don't have that instant hook that always got me in the past few releases).

More listens are required, but right now I'm not feeling this album as much as the previous one...

And drnrg - I'm afraid to report that the three male SCP tracks are all under 4:30 - Jager is the longer, more because of the slower speed than anything else ;)

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 17 Jul 2013, 14:29

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 17 Jul 2013, 14:36

SO, it seems that I am the only one that isn't THAT looking forward to it.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 17 Jul 2013, 14:43

Lebon14 wrote:SO, it seems that I am the only one that isn't THAT looking forward to it.
No, I'm not that looking forward, too...
Except some exceptions the songs sound good, but not very good. They're average.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 17 Jul 2013, 15:12

Lebon14 wrote:SO, it seems that I am the only one that isn't THAT looking forward to it.
Don't think you could really say that I gave it a glowing report! ;)

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 17 Jul 2013, 20:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yJYCOBfLo0

Fancy new SEB224 trailer. The intro sounds like something you'd hear on one of those top 40 radio stations. :D

Matteo Rizzi
Euro To B

Post by Matteo Rizzi » 18 Jul 2013, 00:09

a POISONous gift for fans.
Enjoy play with guitar or keyboard!

Thank you for your support.
Greetings from Morris Capaldi, Clara Moroni, Matteo Rizzi, Paul Harris, Daniel ... and all Delta staff!!

Last edited by Matteo Rizzi on 20 Jul 2013, 10:53, edited 2 times in total.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 18 Jul 2013, 00:19

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

coolneko
Eurocurious

got it!

Post by coolneko » 18 Jul 2013, 02:29

Yes! Got it, and even though people say stuff, support Super Eurobeat for future generations to enjoy!! :3

Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 18 Jul 2013, 03:34

For those who haven't bought the songs online yet, and are still waiting for their physical CD's, there are better previews availabe that show the first minute starting from the intros of the songs. The previews on Itunes don't let you hear the intros.

Here is the link:
http://listen.jp/store/album_20161257.htm

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 18 Jul 2013, 08:16

Welp, time to start learning sheet music!