Super Eurobeat 224

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Jul 2013, 16:02

thejti wrote:What's interesting to note is how similar in style "Fly Magic" by Jager is to a Jay Lehr style song. You can picture Jager just being a higher octave than Lehr. If someone were to edit the track and lower the tune a little bit, I'm sure the result would sound a lot like Lehr.
Jay Lehr, huh? I personally don't hear the resemblance. Jay Lehr is mostly 80's-style eurobeat, often with a lean towards italo disco. Fly Magic very much carries a modern pop musical structure and presentation, similar to the rest of Jager's releases so far.
ImageImage

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 30 Jul 2013, 18:00

thejti wrote:What's interesting to note is how similar in style "Fly Magic" by Jager is to a Jay Lehr style song. You can picture Jager just being a higher octave than Lehr. If someone were to edit the track and lower the tune a little bit, I'm sure the result would sound a lot like Lehr.
The first time I heard it I thought it definitely could be sang by Jay! Reminds me a bit of "Imagine" for some reason.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Jul 2013, 19:25

Seriously? What's so Jay Lehr about it? As far as I'm concerned, it screams Jager from head to toe. If any track on this album sounds like a Jay Lehr track, it's Higher Higher More and More. It has the same modernized 80's italo production style as I'm Alive and Wildlife, except with a sugarcoated twist that makes it sound like it could've been used in a Japanese anime.
ImageImage

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 30 Jul 2013, 20:04

Hard to explain but that track feels reminiscent of Imagine and Hi Love...it's the melody. That's pretty much where I was going I was going with it. I doubt Jay has the vocal range that Jager does to this song justice.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 31 Jul 2013, 09:03

Gotta sneak preview at the songs. I gotta say this disc has that grow on you effect, but allready I'm replaying the hell out of Pull The Trigger, Poison and Dreamers. Seems like old TIMEs when DELTA was spectacular and Bratt was onboard.

para_rigby
Hard to explain but that track feels reminiscent of Imagine and Hi Love...it's the melody. That's pretty much where I was going I was going with it. I doubt Jay has the vocal range that Jager does to this song justice
I understand where you are comming from. It's definately in the way Jagger carries the melody in the chorus that reminds you of Imagine. I hear it too, however the soundworlds of Jagger's song is nowhere in the neighboourhood of Jay Lehr's style. The closest Jay Lehr style on this cd is the Bliss song minus the kiddy vocals. I think that if Momo had sang that Bliss song in a normal vocal octave; I would like it even more.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 01 Aug 2013, 15:03

From what I've heard so far, I really like 224, much more than 222 and 223 as of yet. Only have been able to listen to the album a bit here and there, but I like the overallness of it. Some tracks stand out instantly though, such as In The Rhythm Of The Night, Poison, Prayer and The Element Of Fire.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 01 Aug 2013, 21:11

I don't remember anybody posting about it yet but here is the SEB224 trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DthOqMF9Iaw
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 03 Aug 2013, 21:06

Lebon14 wrote:I don't remember anybody posting about it yet but here is the SEB224 trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DthOqMF9Iaw
Goddamn, they sure pulled out all the stops on this. That is one pro trailer. Also,
Comments are disabled for this video.
I lol'd.
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 07 Aug 2013, 10:07

Lebon14 wrote:I don't remember anybody posting about it yet but here is the SEB224 trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DthOqMF9Iaw
I actually posted a link for it earlier on this thread on page 7, but I guess nobody saw it? :(

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 07 Aug 2013, 19:09

synthjunkie wrote:I actually posted a link for it earlier on this thread on page 7, but I guess nobody saw it? :(
I've seen it. However, avex deleted your video and re-upped it. I don't know why avex did that, I couldn't see a typo or something like that. If there is a difference between the videos, please tell me. And if the first version is needed, whysoever (does this word even exist?), I've downloaded the first video in 1080p and could re-up it.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 07 Aug 2013, 21:26

KiraTM wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:I actually posted a link for it earlier on this thread on page 7, but I guess nobody saw it? :(
I've seen it. However, avex deleted your video and re-upped it. I don't know why avex did that, I couldn't see a typo or something like that. If there is a difference between the videos, please tell me. And if the first version is needed, whysoever (does this word even exist?), I've downloaded the first video in 1080p and could re-up it.
It actually wasn't my video, also I don't think there was a difference, was there? Anyway, I really loved this promo video the most because of the opening vocals saying "Super Eurobeat" in such a cool way as you would hear it on a radio station or something.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Aug 2013, 04:38

These are actually pretty damn cool. I was just a little kid, but I still remeber the old K-tel disco lp compilations of the 70s and 80's. even have a few in my collection.

60s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDa0osS85_w
plus that's Wolfman Jack on the mic!

70s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgBUFdeyQwE

80s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4kq7GmV0VA
what language is that?? :!:

These previews really reminded me of those. Plus checkout the K-tel record selector.

Now if only AVEX would release these as actual previews before the actual dc is releaseed.

That last dee jay announcing the Super Euroobeat 124 disc had a Kasey Kasem vibe to him. For those of you living in another planet planet or born after 1985; he was the famouse disc jokey who would play for you the America's Top 40 countdown onthe radio. This was when the top 40 was still worth listening to. He also was famouse for voicing Scooby Doo and Shaggy and many other Hanna Brbera toons. Kind of like what Mark Hamill did in the Batman animated series.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 09 Aug 2013, 09:38

drnrg wrote: 80s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4kq7GmV0VA
what language is that?? :!:
French.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Aug 2013, 11:18

synthjunkie wrote:
drnrg wrote: 80s