Anthony McBazooka - Campaign for his debut album

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Anthony McBazooka - Campaign for his debut album

Post by KiraTM » 20 Jul 2013, 15:38

Hey there, I don't know if you ever heard of him, Anthony McBazooka is an Eurobeat artist from Germany and I really love his songs. You can listen to the samples here: *CLICK*
Now he plans to record his debut album and needs 2.500€ to begin. So, he started a campaign on indiegogo to collect the money: *CLICK*. For those who don't know indiegogo, it's pretty the same as kickstarter.
Well, I don't want to force you to donate money. If he gets your attention, I think I already have done a good thing. 8)

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 01 Aug 2013, 02:30

I'll copy my post from Initial D World here, in case it catches anyone's interest (I'm writing from the perspective of communicating directly to McBazooka).

There's one glaring thing I can't ignore and am wondering about - why do you need so much money to produce this? I've been under the impression for a while that, in this day and age, you really don't need a professional studio to be able to make Eurobeat, or any digital electronic music in general. Analog recordings are another story, but I wouldn't wager a guess that you're looking to put your songs on 1/2" reels.

What improvement in sound do you expect to get by recording your album in a studio as opposed to your home on your computer? All the professional mastering in the world goes out the window as soon as you're working with strictly digital recordings. They all just use ProTools (or whatever hot program is in use this week) and so can you. What does a studio have that you don't? More instruments? Better microphones? You can rent those, or better yet, invest the money and buy them yourself. Then you won't have to rely on studio time.

To be fair, you never explicitly stated on Indiegogo that you were going to produce this in a studio, but that's the only reason I can imagine you would be asking for money to cover "production costs". In either case, I fail to see how you need crowd-sourced money to produce Eurobeat tracks. What you should need money for is covering the cost of pressing physical media. If you want to ask for money to do that, I could see eye-to-eye with you.

If you would be so kind as to break down the projected cost of production and explain exactly what the money would be going towards, I could discuss this with a better understanding of your intentions. It's not very clearly illustrated on Indiegogo.
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.