Is this Elena Ferretti singing this song?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Is this Elena Ferretti singing this song?

Post by synthjunkie » 09 Nov 2013, 07:56

I found an old Italo-disco tune, and even though it doesn't sound 100% like Elena Ferretti since some parts fall a bit weak on her voice, but again, this is the beginning of her career, so maybe it can still be her?? I still get a sense for some odd reason that it's her singing it.

The way she elongates her words at the end makes me think it's her. Similar to her song "Rapture" under her "Sophie" alias.

Anybody know for sure? It's not listed on cheeseman's catalogue, and discogs.com doesn't say who sings it either, so...any comments anybody?

Here is the link to hear it, anyway
It's called "Witch" and the artist's name is "Helen", which make it more suspicious that it might be her since she used "Helena" for some of her Eurobeat songs, and the fact it was released on OUT Records Italy, on where she released other Italo-disco songs in her past.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nFQz0cTzII

If it is indeed Elena Ferretti singing this, just remember that I'm getting full credit for finding it! :P

Also leaving the link to her song "Rapture" as "Sophie", for comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi54N58q1yE

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Nov 2013, 09:03

I've heard that song many years ago. Great song.

never came to mind that it could be Elena. Elena has a certain tone in her vocals and It does sound like her especially in the bridge and chorus and when she says certain words like "fantisize. It be interesting to know for sure. TIME frames fit and the alias does as well. Many artist pick thier own aliases and for a reason. :wink:

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 09 Nov 2013, 09:25

drnrg wrote:I've heard that song many years ago. Great song.

never came to mind that it could be Elena. Elena has a certain tone in her vocals and It does sound like her especially in the bridge and chorus and when she says certain words like "fantisize. It be interesting to know for sure. TIME frames fit and the alias does as well. Many artist pick thier own aliases and for a reason. :wink:
Yes, and the fact that artists like to sometimes use names that are a spin on their own name: Elena, Helena, Helen.....

I would like to ask Faarben's opinion on the matter, since Faarben seems so interested in Elena ever so much.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 15 Nov 2013, 12:09

drnrg wrote:I've heard that song many years ago. Great song.

Faarben wrote to me and said it is almost certain to be Elena Ferretti. This makes me very happy!

I have another rare song from Elena Ferretti, which I'm also pretty sure it is her, which is also not listed on cheeseman's catalogue.

Here it is on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HEDIOnimS4

It is called "Christine - Dancing Hour" from 1984 on Keepon Musik Italy. It is not the other "Christine", as I know there are many others in the Italo and Eurobeat industry. This one is Elena, I am almost sure (99%).

The chorus part sounds very much like her, don't you think? Especially the way she says "and when the music plays"

I really like this song alot!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Nov 2013, 22:26

Oh yeah that's her. I got that song on a cassette somewhere.

Might even be her on the sleeve art :wink:

her, Gino Caria and Gianna Corraini were singing Italo before many of today;s Eurobeat members were even born.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 22 Dec 2013, 10:04

Wow, good find! Yup, Helen definitely sounds like Elena. I'm not 100% sure about the Christine track though...

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Mar 2014, 10:01

So here is one song that I have been searchin, for the longest TIME cuz I always thought it was Elena Ferretti on vocals? She has those same style of Lovely Operatic heavenely vocals as she did, so yeah. Its from Iventi d' Azzurro records 2009, so she was very active at that TIME and the song is 1000% her style. Also written by The NRG boys from ABeatC fame.who knows for sure? BTW, if it is Monika Novak, then I have to plead with her to join up with the current Eurobeat labels and put those ultra lovely vocals to play.

Monika- Witch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHrvYp2Y5-U

here is the flip side. Also kinda sounds like her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BuWqxXVcro
Monika - Living On the Run

Anyway, Amazing Hi NRG Italo songs. 8)

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 25 Mar 2014, 07:17

I'm just posting here to say how happy I am to see Witch getting posted about here. It's a stunning and exceptionally creative song. Very interesting rhythms accompanying the driving basic 4/4 beat. The bassline's timing and everything is so great and really very eccentric for an italo-disco song - pretty outside the norm. Certainly a tricky song to fit into a mix, but I've done so before amongst some other italo tracks. It's just such a cool song. I never realized Elena Ferretti was (likely) the vocalist. I drew the comparison in my mind a while ago, but never looked into it.

I hear the resemblance in that Christine single, but it's not quite right. Something's off. It could just be the way they recorded her vocals, or the fact that it would have been early in her career. Not sure. I'm 60-70% convinced. Not totally sure about Monika Novak, either, but it does sound like her. Funny, I heard that song a while ago but never made the association.
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.