Super Eurobeat 228

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 21 Apr 2014, 12:23

My current impression of this album is that it isn't exactly BAD, but it certainly isn't as great as the top dogs of the 22x. Only 4-5 songs, mainly from Delta, stood out immediately while the rest probably "needs some time to warm up to (If at all)". A review later, maybe.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Apr 2014, 04:50

the_ditz - If it makes you feel any better, this album really isn't worth the trouble. Hotblade's track is really the only highlight. Mad Desire is decent, yet far removed from the quality of something like Wilder Faster Louder; One Love One Love is also enjoyable, but there isn't a damn thing that differentiates it from Shalaka Boom or Ringtone. The rest is quite disappointing, even the songs by Pamsy and Leo River. Learning Love is one of the most unpleasant listening experiences I've heard from the series in a while.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Apr 2014, 09:10

It depends on everyones styles. What I love about Eurobeat is that everyone's favourites differ. I love the new Leo River! It has a sort of Jay Lehr style and all the little synth progressions inserted througout the song give it a real epic feel as well. I just wish it was longer than 4:00 mins. Next to Runaway: this new one is my Leo fav!!! and Pamsy's song? The synths alone take it to epic hights.

Even after prehearing it: I'm glad I got it. CD Japan kicked my ass with the shipping and handeling alone, but I'm still glad I didn't pass it up.

The only label that I think missed the mark this TIME, was Sun Fire

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 23 Apr 2014, 02:59

My copy is at my grandparents' house, but from youtube samples, I'm looking forward to blasting this album.

I love the the 'chuck' beat in "Mad Desire". I wish more Eurobeat had this drum beat.

Boris' addition is one I've been waiting for! I love the quirky melodies in his tracks, and I feel that quirkiness is much needed!

Oceania's addition is also another one I've been waiting for! Love the opening piano, the riff melody, and the chipmunky vocals that have been gone for far too long in this genre!

The 1 track that I absolutely am just not thrilled about is "You Belong To Me". I don't feel Ultraviolet's voice is suited for this genre. It's the same tone through the verses and the chorus, and just like the last 2 editions from her, I'll be ready to flip the track within 3 min.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 23 Apr 2014, 04:01

I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about the Hotblade song being written by Manuel Caramori & Evelina Somenzi and produced by Stefano. The song is very different from other SCP song styles, especially apparent in the synths.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 23 Apr 2014, 06:09

thejti wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about the Hotblade song being written by Manuel Caramori & Evelina Somenzi and produced by Stefano. The song is very different from other SCP song styles, especially apparent in the synths.
Many thanks for sharing! I always felt like there's something really different about this Hotblade track as compared to his previous ones that I can't quite put a finger on and now it's clear.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Apr 2014, 11:08

Did someone mention "I'm Your Sexy Machine"? That title alone has Manuel written all over it. Like I mentioned before; Those synths remind me of HRG Attack style and that's a good thing!

Awesome song!!!!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 23 Apr 2014, 23:22

WNight wrote:
thejti wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about the Hotblade song being written by Manuel Caramori & Evelina Somenzi and produced by Stefano. The song is very different from other SCP song styles, especially apparent in the synths.
Many thanks for sharing! I always felt like there's something really different about this Hotblade track as compared to his previous ones that I can't quite put a finger on and now it's clear.
It was the first thing I noticed while going through the booklet when I finally got the CD from CD Japan yesterday. I love going through that booklet to see the different song notes (if I can read them).
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 24 Apr 2014, 01:40

thejti wrote:
WNight wrote:
It was the first thing I noticed while going through the booklet when I finally got the CD from CD Japan yesterday. I love going through that booklet to see the different song notes (if I can read them).
I wish they'd include stickers with the albums.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Apr 2014, 04:48

Bonkers
I wish they'd include stickers with the albums.
Stickers of what? Like logos of the labels or something?[/quote]

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 24 Apr 2014, 14:45

Bonkers wrote: I wish they'd include stickers with the albums.
You mean like this?

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 25 Apr 2014, 01:25

^^^ Ya! I have a SEB decal on my car (The round sticker that came with Vol. 53). I want more.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 May 2014, 23:31

Wow, there sure hasn't been much buzz about this album. Certaintly goes to prove how forgettable it is.
ImageImage

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 03 May 2014, 03:11

#Infinity wrote:Wow, there sure hasn't been much buzz about this album. Certaintly goes to prove how forgettable it is.
Well, it's like prejudice. When you get enough bad comments about something, others seem to follow. We're a picky bunch, and it just happens that this album didn't cater to the taste of our pickiness. The albums has it's strong gems and is definitely worth the purchase.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 May 2014, 06:43

#Infinity
Wow, there sure hasn't been much buzz about this album. Certaintly goes to prove how forgettable it is.
Actually, I liked it very much. I could just do a review on the preheard tracks instead of waiting to do hear cd quality. I might just do that before I go on my trip. It depends on my laziness meter next week. Plus its been scorching hot these lat few days. I might just end up liking it more than 227?