Super Eurobeat 228

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 04 May 2014, 01:34

#Infinity wrote:Wow, there sure hasn't been much buzz about this album. Certaintly goes to prove how forgettable it is.
Is it on iTunes JP yet? If not, then no, I won't be creating any sort of buzz around it. If avex decides my money isn't good enough for them, screw them. Shame that it's come to that, but I'm fed up of having to unnecesarily jump through hoops to obtain something that in this modern digital world we live in should be easily accessible to everyone!!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 05 May 2014, 08:32

the_ditz wrote:
#Infinity wrote:Wow, there sure hasn't been much buzz about this album. Certaintly goes to prove how forgettable it is.
Is it on iTunes JP yet? If not, then no, I won't be creating any sort of buzz around it. If avex decides my money isn't good enough for them, screw them. Shame that it's come to that, but I'm fed up of having to unnecesarily jump through hoops to obtain something that in this modern digital world we live in should be easily accessible to everyone!!
It's nowhere digitally, not itunes, mora or amazon.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 07 May 2014, 10:47

Just got a reply from the SEB twitter, it's being released on itunes on the 21st.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 07 May 2014, 11:57

SEB release - month 1
SEB release iTunes - month 2
SEB release - month 3
SEB release iTunes - month 4

I think this is going to be the new release plan.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 May 2014, 12:43

Utterly ridiculous.

All there is to say :|

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 07 May 2014, 17:17

Maybe it's a try to push CD purchases? But it doesn't make sense, since I'm waiting for my pre-ordered copy for 3 weeks now. :D Just kidding, for Japanese market it probably is a good strategy. Anyway, SAL was much faster last year...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 May 2014, 20:18

DarkSky wrote:SEB release - month 1
SEB release - month 3

I think this is going to be the new release plan.
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 07 May 2014, 20:25

This really proves how desperate Avex is to keep the SEB franchise profitable. My best guess is that the iTunes releases are being delayed a month each so that more people will buy the physical album instead, but I don't think that's a good idea because digital purchases are simply a lot more popular today, where mobility is everything. Pirates ahoy.
ImageImage

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 07 May 2014, 20:35

#Infinity wrote:This really proves how desperate Avex is to keep the SEB franchise profitable. My best guess is that the iTunes releases are being delayed a month each so that more people will buy the physical album instead, but I don't think that's a good idea because digital purchases are simply a lot more popular today, where mobility is everything. Pirates ahoy.
Exactly...SMH. I cannot think of the last time the larger population went out and bought a physical copy of an album.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 07 May 2014, 23:30

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 May 2014, 00:25

guys the cd usually take about a month to arrive, so the by the TIME the songs are are itunes is also about the TIME foreigners get thier physical copies. I actually think they are marketing the songs way before they have anything to actually offer the public. I have actually been thinking of stopping bying the cds, because all of you have allready heard the songs before I even get the fucking disc in my hands.

Why do you think I'm usially one of the last ones to do a review based on cd quality :???:

Anyway as a big FUCK you to AVEX, I'll do a review based on the pirate quality of the songs out there instead of the real mcoys. maybe this way they get off thier high horses and make Eurobeat more accessable to the fans.
SEB release - month 1
SEB release - month 3
..and who ever thought that above shit was a good marketing stragety is on crack
:evil:

All that will do is make people turn to more accessable music for entertainment..

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 08 May 2014, 01:12

Tbh SEB needs to go worldwide digital. Amazon, iTunes and Junodownload would suffice. Just release it digitally on the same day as the physical release. They can keep the CDs in Japan, whatever. I understand it's not very marketable outside of Japan so I don't see a problem with physical releases being limited to Japan, but there's no reason everything shouldn't be getting released digitally by now.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 08 May 2014, 03:03

Gruzky wrote:Tbh SEB needs to go worldwide digital. Amazon, iTunes and Junodownload would suffice. Just release it digitally on the same day as the physical release. They can keep the CDs in Japan, whatever. I understand it's not very marketable outside of Japan so I don't see a problem with physical releases being limited to Japan, but there's no reason everything shouldn't be getting released digitally by now.
I personally would go for Bandcamp. I love iTunes, Amazon and Juno but bandcamp has an adventage: You can sell your CD along! For exemple, they can sell the digital album 10$ or 20$, you can have the CD too.

Personally, I would have a dillema: Buy in lossless on Juno or buy the CD. I collect CDs so... it would be hard to choose between.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 08 May 2014, 03:13

Lebon14 wrote:I personally would go for Bandcamp. I love iTunes, Amazon and Juno but bandcamp has an adventage: You can sell your CD along! For exemple, they can sell the digital album 10$ or 20$, you can have the CD too.

Personally, I would have a dillema: Buy in lossless on Juno or buy the CD. I collect CDs so... it would be hard to choose between.
Yeah, I would love to see it on Bandcamp. Bandcamp is geared more towards indie artists, but I don't see why it couldn't work.

A Bandcamp release complete with lyrics and a digital booklet included in the zip will be awesome. $10 flat for a typical 13-track album and $1 for individual songs.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 08 May 2014, 03:51

I've only barely started listening to 228 and the first thing that has really jumped at me:

I want to love Mad Desire but the backup vocals are so quiet. I know they're hiding back there but I can barely hear them. One of my favorite things in eurobeat is crazy stacks of backups (a la Don't Stop the Music) so this stupid little detail is driving me crazier than it should. :P