Aleky/Kate Rush/Krystal

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
vaironxxrd
Bad Bad Bad

Aleky/Kate Rush/Krystal

Post by vaironxxrd » 28 Apr 2014, 00:13

Hey Everyone,

I got into Eurobeat about 6 months ago and have been listening passionately to the genre. Recently I was hearing Super Euro Beat 219 and fell in absolute love with Little Twin Stars under the Aleky Alias.

I started to search more of her songs and found that she is Aleky, Kate Rush, and Krystal.

Here's the thread: http://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=41397

Does anyone know if she still makes any songs/is active?
Just a weird curiosity of mine.

Thanks!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 28 Apr 2014, 00:48

Well, if it helps any, Dima Records is still active, but as far as female entries from the label, the main female vocalist has been "Stephy Martin". Maybe she will make an appearance soon.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 28 Apr 2014, 03:57

Sadly, Aleky has left the label. :/
But when I remember correctly (I must search in facebook logs and don't have the time now), there are still some unreleased songs by her.

Lexi Rinale
Eurocurious

Post by Lexi Rinale » 28 Apr 2014, 07:59

KiraTM wrote:Sadly, Aleky has left the label. :/
Oh wow, when did that happen?

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 28 Apr 2014, 11:56

Lexi Rinale wrote:
KiraTM wrote:Sadly, Aleky has left the label. :/
Oh wow, when did that happen?
She is indeed no longer active for us.
We have released 3 of her unreleased songs here:

http://www.junodownload.com/products/al ... 271524-02/
http://www.junodownload.com/products/bu ... 693176-02/
http://www.junodownload.com/products/kr ... 246545-02/

Another one might make appearance soon on SEB.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 28 Apr 2014, 12:17

Aleky made a brief but very powerful impact on the Eurobeat world for me. "Burning Tonight" was a perfect slice of retro Vibration-style DIMA that I believe should've featured on one of the late 190/early 200 albums. "Labyrinth of Love" was another highlight, incorporating more of a pop-dance crossover into the Dima sound like never before.

It's a shame to hear confirmation of her departure from the label, but I look forward to one final gem in the near future 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Apr 2014, 16:29

It's quite a shame that she parted ways with Dima so quickly, especially seeing how repetitive the label has become since. Her versatility made her a much needed asset to the crew.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Apr 2014, 07:18

So only Stephy Martini and Ultraviolet is left with Dima? What about Heather? His wife also sang one didn't she for Toy?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 29 Apr 2014, 08:59

What about Claire M? Her debut was great, it's a real shame if she's just a one hit wonder. Destinee is nowhere to be seen too.

vaironxxrd
Bad Bad Bad

Post by vaironxxrd » 29 Apr 2014, 21:02

It's really sad to read this confirmation, I guess I have to look forward to other artist. It's even worst that here in the US I don't see much/any support of the genre.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 30 Apr 2014, 01:51

vaironxxrd wrote:It's really sad to read this confirmation, I guess I have to look forward to other artist. It's even worst that here in the US I don't see much/any support of the genre.
There's no outlet here in the States. Luckily, a local rave promoter near me has been listening to my facebook youtube links and has developed an interest in the genre (due to its similarity to Happy Hardcore) and is trying to get a DJ to come and spin some eurobeat at one of her future events. The only way to get Eurobeat to spread in the States is to get the underground dance scene pumping it over the sound system.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Apr 2014, 01:56

I could easily see something like the EuroKudos update of Flash & Love playing in an underground dance club in the States, but the eurobeat genre is otherwise such a novelty that I cannot imagine it catching fire without reinventing itself for a Western audience. Even in Japan, it wasn't completely distinct from traditional pop from the very start. It originated as Italo disco, which blended in with more mainstream dance genres from the 80's, and only gradually evolved into the brisk, electronic, and vivacious style of music that it is today.
ImageImage

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 30 Apr 2014, 02:07

#Infinity wrote:I could easily see something like the update of Flash & Love playing in an underground dance club in the states, but the genre is otherwise such a novelty that I cannot imagine it catching fire without reinventing itself for a Western audience. Even in Japan, eurobeat wasn't a completely distinct genre from other mainstream pop from the very start. It originated as Italo disco, which blended in with more mainstream dance genres from the 80's, and only gradually evolved into the brisk, electronic, and vivacious style of music that it is today.
Most music played at raves comes from overseas. Happy Hardcore comes from Europe. Gabba comes from Europe. Hardstyle comes Europe. Hard Trance comes from Europe. DnB comes from Europe. UK Hard Dance comes from...you get the picture. Now, CLUBS have to have the Westernized influence as clubs pull in the mainstream club remixes of top 40 radio hits.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Apr 2014, 02:37

Bonkers wrote:Most music played at raves comes from overseas. Happy Hardcore comes from Europe. Gabba comes from Europe. Hardstyle comes Europe. Hard Trance comes from Europe. DnB comes from Europe. UK Hard Dance comes from...you get the picture. Now, CLUBS have to have the Westernized influence as clubs pull in the mainstream club remixes of top 40 radio hits.
True, but these genres are still not as out-of-the-norm, so to speak, as eurobeat is. The usual melodic structures, array of synths, and lyrical content completely leaves it stuck in a category of its own. Most other dance sub-genres are more accessible.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 May 2014, 06:47

Eurobeat's sound should stay as it is.

but anyway, back to the topic.

What of Claudio Magnani? If there ever was a TIME when Dima and the Eurobeat genre needed him on the frontline it would be right now. Don't you think?