Vocalists of 2013-present

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Vocalists of 2013-present

Post by Bonkers » 01 May 2014, 03:18

Does anyone else feel like there is a "shortage" of vocalists? I like the ones we have now (except Ultraviolet), but it seems like even with a different alias, there's still the same vocalist. Maybe it's always been this way but since I've always only collected the non-stops, I just didn't notice it til recently now that I'm collecting the new SEBs.

And I miss the Italo-English grammar differences (and definitely the Italo accents). Everything sounds so...English-proper now except for a few tracks here and there from Hi-NRG Attack and SinclaireStyle.

Also, does anyone have any word on Elena Gobbi?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 May 2014, 06:45

HRG Attack has a two new vocalists. The ones who sing for Billy The Butcher and Gordon Jim. They have heavy Italo accents 8) That I'm 100% sure of

and SCP has Bliss and Belight. Unless I missed something and they are singing undercover?

Sinclaire stated that Les was a new vocalist.

and DELTA has J. Stark? Or is he Luke?

...but yeah , it's nothing like the golden age when each label had no less than 7 singers.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 May 2014, 06:45

With how slowly the series releases new material compared to six years ago and earlier (the return to the shorter format, amongst other things, started May 2008 with SEB 187), there's clearly not as much demand for new vocalists as there was earlier. It feels like SCP and SinclaireStyle have still managed to sport relatively diverse rosters, considering the circumstances, but there are only so many artists you can keep interested when the franchise has lost so much of its previous momentum.
ImageImage

Lexi Rinale
Eurocurious

Post by Lexi Rinale » 01 May 2014, 06:46

It could just mean that they're inactive at the moment. We could suddenly get two Alix songs on consecutive SEBs.
Also, does anyone have any word on Elena Gobbi?
I'm gonna speculate that she left the scene when Sandro left GoGos which makes sense as it made Domino & Kaioh move to Ritmo&Blu. I hope it's not true though :(

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 May 2014, 06:51

drnrg wrote:HRG Attack has a two new vocalists. The ones who sing for Billy The Butcher and Gordon Jim. They have heavy Italo accents 8) That I'm 100% sure of
They may be different aliases, but they're still performed by the same person, so the use of multiple aliases is nothing but a label to make the label's roster seem broader than it actually is. I know they're used for specifically different types of tracks, but it's essentially no different than contrasting something like Purple Emotion to Hot Hot Racin' Car.
drnrg wrote:and DELTA has J. Stark? Or is he Luke?
Just another more recent alias for Luca, as is the case with Boris. I will at least give him credit, though, for literally distinguishing his voice between certain aliases; Paul Harris and Boris showcase Luca's smoother, more soulful side, while J-Stark is grittier and more nasal, similar to Oda and Mark Astley. Luca's really one of the only eurobeat vocalists to take the art of multiple pseudonyms this creatively.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 May 2014, 07:05

#Infinity
Just another more recent alias for Luca, as is the case with Boris.
Borris is Luka? Now that never crossed my mind. very talented singer Mr. L.T. is 8)

#Infinity
They may be different aliases, but they're still performed by the same person, so the use of multiple aliases is nothing but a label to make the label's roster seem broader than it actually is
This has been done since the beggining of TIME, literally(see what I did there?) Anyway, that's the magic of Italo/Hi NRG/Eurobeat and that's what sets it apart from the rest of the genres.

BTW, don't you think if Eurobeat suddenly became mainstream: it's very own mythology, multiple aliases by same singers, would be its demise? I don't think the music industry is quite ready for that. I think the fans would think they were being robbed or tricked if Katy Perry started releasing albumes under different aliases. :???:

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 May 2014, 07:32

drnrg wrote:BTW, don't you think if Eurobeat suddenly became mainstream: it's very own mythology, multiple aliases by same singers, would be its demise? I don't think the music industry is quite ready for that. I think the fans would think they were being robbed or tricked if Katy Perry started releasing albumes under different aliases. :???:
This actually does happen with major celebrities, often depending on which market an artist targets. Snoop Dogg and Sean Combs have both changed their primary stage name on multiple occasions (the former became Snoop Lion upon being inspired by Rastafarian culture, but he still retained his Snoop Dogg moniker when he rapped as Moses on Epic Rap Battles of History), and then of course there's the artist formerly known as Prince. To take another example, Utada Hikaru has gone by the names Cubic U and Utada respectively when she recorded albums in English, even though she retains her real name with her Japanese albums.

The main difference with eurobeat is that some labels juggle around with so many different aliases that in the process, they fail to develop a three-dimensional character associated with each. On one hand, for a long time, SCP would openly articulate Fastway and Dusty as representing two different sides of Ennio Zanini's personality. On the other side of the spectrum, I get so lost with the different names tossed around Saifam and Hi-NRG Attack, especially since each one is not always performed by the same person, that I often end up referring to just the vocalist without even paying much attention to the pseudonym being used. (Note: this refers more specifically to about and around ten years ago, when both labels had more vocalists to boot, though it occasionally holds true today)
ImageImage

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 01 May 2014, 12:19

We can't forget An-G, too!

I think due to waning popularity, there isn't much of a need for new vocalists. Think about how diverse A Beat C was back in the day with probably 20+ vocalists:

Dave
Domino
Lolita
Matt Land
Karen
Meri
Giada
Powerful T.
Max Alto
Nuage
Etc...

Now with Sunfire, there are like 4? Of course, there was that big split.
Of course, there was that

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 May 2014, 04:46

Is anybody else as surprised as I am that none of the veterans from Eurogrooves joined one of the current labels after their original studio stopped producing new music? Elena Ferretti, Giordano Gambogi, and Christian De Leo were all so active for such a long period of time, and I can't believe all three of them went down with their old label. Did Sergio & Co. have to convince them to come to the studio or something? It's been four years now that Eurogrooves released their last proper track, and surely I would've expected such integral voices to the eurobeat industry to at least find work elsewhere.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 May 2014, 06:12

#Infinity
Is anybody else as surprised as I am that none of the veterans from Eurogrooves joined one of the current labels after their original studio stopped producing new music? Elena Ferretti, Giordano Gambogi, and Christian De Leo were all so active for such a long period of time, and I can't believe all three of them went down with their old label. Did Sergio & Co. have to convince them to come to the studio or something? It's been four years now that Eurogrooves released their last proper track, and surely I would've expected such integral voices to the eurobeat industry to at least find work elsewhere.
True and not only that, but while TIME was stricly under Sergio Dall Ora's hand: not one of them jumped around to other labels to perform. Remeber how Claudio , Nando, Clara, Elena, Gianni and Gino would take turns at other lables back in the day, even though they were still at TIME records. It's like Sergio's team of vocalists were die hard loyal to him or something. It could also be since TIME was super loaded, they paid thier vocalists sums that coild never be matched by the other labels anymore. Who knows for sure, but it sure remains a mystery...and a loss to Eurobeat fans.

Karina1003
Euro To B

Post by Karina1003 » 31 Jul 2014, 02:12

drnrg wrote:#Infinity
True and not only that, but while TIME was stricly under Sergio Dall Ora's hand: not one of them jumped around to other labels to perform. Remeber how Claudio , Nando, Clara, Elena, Gianni and Gino would take turns at other lables back in the day, even though they were still at TIME records. It's like Sergio's team of vocalists were die hard loyal to him or something. It could also be since TIME was super loaded, they paid thier vocalists sums that coild never be matched by the other labels anymore. Who knows for sure, but it sure remains a mystery...and a loss to Eurobeat fans.
Just speculation....
Maybe they're busy with their day jobs/performing in other genres/touring small live venues?
Maybe they don't know much about the other labels enough to properly make the move to another label?
Maybe some of them might not want to move to another eurobeat label? (For whatever reason...whether it be money, personal loyalty, or whatever else.)
Maybe some of them want to move to a different label, but the location of the recording studio may be further away than Time/Eurogrooves' studio?
Maybe some of them don't feel like another label could create their distinctive sound, or a sound/song that matches their voice/music style?

Come to think of it, Time/Eurogrooves excelled at making eurobeat that was dancable yet pop. Their songs may not be the No.1 choice for hardcore parapara dancers, but they were popular among the so-called 'listener' fans in Japan. (Fans who didn't care much about parapara.)
Their songs had pop elements in it; the intros were often long (although shorter in SEB edits), they had a lot of non-eurobeat elements hidden throughout the song (for example, piano parts, strings, or other sounds).

Elena Ferretti's songs were often pop, sentimental, or sometimes aggressive. But I can't really think of any other producer/songwriter active right now that could make such sentimental love songs/pop/aishu songs that Elena often sang.

Giordano Gambogi's songs were sometimes soul/funk influenced, sometimes rock influenced, sometimes pop-ish, and he also did quite a lot of sentimental romance type songs. Not to mention, he participated in the songwriting process quite a bit. I can only think of several songs he sang, that didn't involve his name on the credits. Again, I can't think of any other producer active now that could re-create that sound. (Or at least, they would have to have him co-write the song, as he usually did at TIME/Eurogrooves).

Simone Valeo had a distinctive voice too that matched Time/Eurogrooves' sound.

Cristian De Leo's voice and music style might have a higher chance of matching the other studio/labels sound, but still, it could be the reasons I speculated above.

No one knows for sure.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 31 Jul 2014, 17:55

#Infinity wrote:Is anybody else as surprised as I am that none of the veterans from Eurogrooves joined one of the current labels after their original studio stopped producing new music? Elena Ferretti, Giordano Gambogi, and Christian De Leo were all so active for such a long period of time, and I can't believe all three of them went down with their old label. Did Sergio & Co. have to convince them to come to the studio or something? It's been four years now that Eurogrooves released their last proper track, and surely I would've expected such integral voices to the eurobeat industry to at least find work elsewhere.
Interesting... Elena Ferretti sang for Leonardi in the past. Valentina - Sleep In Your Arms, Margaret - Renegade and many more. I wouldn't mind if she would sing for SinclaireStyle :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Aug 2014, 07:34

jeurobeat
nteresting... Elena Ferretti sang for Leonardi in the past. Valentina - Sleep In Your Arms, Margaret - Renegade and many more. I wouldn't mind if she would sing for SinclaireStyle Smile
Technically she has at Delta. Melody was Andrea Leonardi artist. "One More Night" and "Endless Love". That's why I didn'y think it so far fetch to believe it was her when Les debuted on Sinclaire Style.

I'll choose "One More Night" Melody for the awesome intro and synth riff.