What is your favorite eurobeat remix/cover?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Vulpini
Euro To B

What is your favorite eurobeat remix/cover?

Post by Vulpini » 15 May 2014, 03:31

I have a couple:
Soul Control - Chocolate (Choco Choco) (Eurobeat Remix)
Smile.dk - Koko Soko (Akira Koubou Eurobeat Mix)
Me & My - Dub-I-Dub (2007 Eurobeat Mix)

Carlito - Carlito (Who's That Boy) (Eurobeat Mix)
A remix by Dave Rogers.

Ivan B. - Laser Light (Eurobeat Version) from SEB 165
A Latin Lover cover from Saifam. One of the few Hi-NRG/Italo-disco song that actually work as a eurobeat song.

Angelica - One Night Only (The Factory Team Eurobeat Remix)
Another Saifam song that worked quite well. From the musical Dreamgirls.

Dishonorable Mention
F 50's - Lollipop (The Factory Team Eurobeat Mix)
Even thought is "supposed" to be a eurobeat cover it sound nothing like the style.
Last edited by Vulpini on 16 May 2014, 10:12, edited 2 times in total.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 15 May 2014, 09:26

More often than not, the original song outmatches the cover, but there are still some cases in which the new rendition really shines through. These are my personal favorites, based not just on how much I like the song in general, but also whether it expands or improves upon the original:

+ Ez Do Dance / Helena (SEB 80): If you haven't heard this yet, check it out, since it's a heck of a lot stronger than the so-so rendition of the TRF original on SEB 208. This type of late-90's Time production style was usually set to tracks with very simplistic melodic structures, but the greater emphasis on syncopation rather than harmony proves here to be a risk that works.

+ Dark in the Night 2004 / Maio & Co. (SEB 152): A really well-done and worthy reinterpretation of the signature Time classic. Unlike other jumps from italo-to-eurobeat, the thicker synths and extra speed actually work to this track's advantage.

+ Like a Virgin 2005 / Virginelle (SEB 162): Another perfect transition from the experimental early eurobeat sound into the modern style. This version of the song is much crisper than the muddy original, finally establishing itself as one of the finest tracks in Elena Gobbi's broad catalogue of classics.

+ Take a Look in My Heart / Vanity (SEB 175): Although the original is one of my favorite Time productions of the early 1990's, this version falls no less behind, despite being drastically different from its 1992 counterpart. Besides the replacement of Clara with a vocoded Elena Ferretti, as well as a modified key signature, the production has been significantly energized, yet with a meticulousness not found in most eurobeat remakes. The okay soul/house version on SEB 205, on the other hand, I can mostly do without.

+ Blood on Fire / Go 2 feat. Christine (SEB 181): The party-starting SCP duo has never sounded better than on this anthemic staple of modern eurobeat. The original version had potential in its foundation, but it wouldn't be completely realized until SCP had its own take on it. The chemistry between Ennio, Christian, and Christina is simply a lot more exciting than it was with AAA, not to mention the production is significantly more focused. This song had such a powerful impact on me (and still does), that it's immediately the first thing that pops into my mind when I think of the year 2007.

+ Para Para Night 2008 / Frank Torpedo (SEB 185): The original version of this song was catchy, if a bit simplistic and hollow. This update ramifies everything lackluster about that version of the song. The pedestrian synthline has been replaced by one of the most livening hooks from Time's latter years. Gino Caria still sounds just as rawly aggressive as ever, but all of the extra details work to his advantage in this case.

+ Save a Prayer / David Dima (SEB 193): Easily the best cover of a mainstream pop song by a prominent eurobeat label. The change in tenor is dramatic from the jaunty original by Duran Duran, yet the results are miraculously effective. Though Big in Japan stands as the crowning David Dima's works, this is possibly my favorite track from the modern Dima label.

Honorable Mentions:
+ Feel My Heart / Domino (SEB 90)
+ Funky Lady 2008 / De Leo (SEB 185)
+ Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride / AAA (SEB 206)
+ Koishisato Setsunasato Kokorotsuyosato (Eurogrooves Remix) / M.O.V.E. (SEB 207)
ImageImage

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 May 2014, 11:25

^This

Pretty much the same sentiments as Infinity. The only thing we don't agree on is the pre-100s tracks.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 15 May 2014, 16:05

Don't Stop The Music 2006 / Lou Grant

JESUS CHRIST UNF

And I have to agree with Infinity on Dark in The Night 2004

Those are just eurobeat remakes of old eurobeat songs though...I can't think of anything else when it comes to actual remixes/covers. I have a bit of a knee-jerk aversion to remixes generally.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 15 May 2014, 22:14

A.Gordon-On My Own 2006

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 15 May 2014, 22:25

Hm, the eurobeat remix of Dub-I-Dub was done really well. I also like the newer 'Boys Do Fall In Love' remake by Lou Master, of the original by Robin Gibb.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 May 2014, 22:48

MKwiakaku wrote:Hm, the eurobeat remix of Dub-I-Dub was done really well. I also like the newer 'Boys Do Fall In Love' remake by Lou Master, of the original by Robin Gibb.
Those are really good choices.

My choices:
Rebel Yell / Cherry
Rain / Cherry
Separate Ways -Worlds Apart- / Giovanni Storm & Nikki.

Extra "Yes!" to:
Save A Prayer / David Dima
Blood On Fire / Go 2 feat. Christine
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride / AAA

EDIT: I don't know how to read thread titles.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 15 May 2014, 22:54

And, how can one not love Dave Rodgers' take on Not Gonna Get Us? :D

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 16 May 2014, 00:41

Elisa - Poison
Bazooka Girl - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu
Veronica - S.O.S.
Deja Vu feat. Tasmin - My Heart Will Go On

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 16 May 2014, 03:36

Gruzky wrote:Veronica - S.O.S.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. I forgot about this one. This one is freagin' amazing!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 16 May 2014, 09:37

Bobby Summer - Oh My Darling (Eurobeat Mix)

Way better than the original song.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 16 May 2014, 12:50

Don't forget the Ultra Para Para Dance album. What a fun remix album!

Supergirl
In Rain and Sunshine
Total Eclipse of the Heart

Oh yeah....

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 16 May 2014, 20:17

CHERRY / FEEL LIKE DANCE (SEB 080 DISC 3)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 May 2014, 21:32

The ones that come directly to mind are

1. Save A Prayer- David Dima(Duran Duran)

2. Toby Vale- Hearbreaker 2007(Mike Hammer)
Christian De Leo's cover of Hearbreaker was amazing to say the least. Dall Ora added even more guitar licks and actually reinvented the synth riff to fit the 2000s.

3. Eliza- Poison (Alice Cooper)
As if the original glam metal rocker wasn't allready on eof my favourite songs ever. Vibration even changed the vocals from male to female and still kept its rough edge feel. I just wish they had used both verses from the original and not just verse one.

extras.
4. Dr. Love- Don't Stand So Close To Me
Not really a cover ,but Laurent used almost all the lyrics from Alice Cooper "Poison" in a very ingenius way....and that for me; made it, classic!

There are a lot more. For instance that whole SCP and AbeatC disc with Glam Metal covers. That's what I listen to so those are the ones I like.

I forget who , but some duo made an awesome cover of Journey- "Seperate Ways"

I can't recall anything from ABeatC? HRG had "Venus" eh, that was o.k. I guess....

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 19 May 2014, 03:06

I forgot to mention that I also really like the Go 2 version of the Go Go Girls' Hot Vampire. The vicious, masculine rumble of the remake does utmost justice to the original tune, probably because it goes particularly hand-in-hand with the horror theme. The Go Go Girls version is nice, but sort of caught in-between the edgier approach that the subject matter brings to the table, as well as the light, parodistic influence that the group typically brings to its productions. The Go 2 rendition embraces the opportunity more decisively, and it ends up working to greater effect. I actually start to think about vampires with that version, whereas the Go Go Girls original doesn't provoke anything to me beyond a goofy dance.
ImageImage