Super Eurobeat 230

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 04 Sep 2014, 12:52

KiraTM wrote:Basically, Torrents are fully legal. They are just a type of downloading. And mostly, it's safe until you don't download new movies or popular mainstream music. Anyway, this forum isn't a place to talk about these downloads...
ok! sorry! :)
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 06 Sep 2014, 17:20

It's sad that eurobeat is barely surviving these days, only thanks to SEB...

I'm sorta new to eurobeat. It's sad to see the genre has fallen so much since it's "best" times. What really caused this to happen? Why have people lost interest in euboeat?

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 06 Sep 2014, 19:29

Vadio wrote:It's sad that eurobeat is barely surviving these days, only thanks to SEB...

I'm sorta new to eurobeat. It's sad to see the genre has fallen so much since it's "best" times. What really caused this to happen? Why have people lost interest in euboeat?
(Dat username hahahaha)
Not only SEB, I'd add the constant interest of indie producers and the whole eurobeat fanbase itself - we like producers doing music, producers like us for supporting their works and we all love eurobeat.

Also, welcome to the eurobeat world, we're survivors here, really.
I like to say that this genre has its ups and downs through the time. There are many causes… since I'm relatively new too, I'm only saying what I've saw until now: (real) eurobeat won't bow down to the popish EDM scene; Avex won't loose its grasp on SEB (limiting to japanese audience only); marketing's just not working…

Loss of interest? Maybe. But who're already captivated by eurobeat will certainly keep in touch… The ones whom disliked it for some reason should give it a second chance: there are way too much aspects of that music that makes it so incredible.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Sep 2014, 19:35

Eurobeat attained popularity primarily through Initial D, Dance Dance Revolution, and para para dance clubs like Maharaja and Velfarre. Now that those are all obsolete, the genre has extremely little foundation left to attract new listeners. It doesn't help either that the majority of labels have done extremely little to innovate their sound since about 2008, meaning the genre's progression has pretty much plateaued.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 06 Sep 2014, 19:53

#Infinity wrote:It doesn't help either that the majority of labels have done extremely little to innovate their sound since about 2008, meaning the genre's progression has pretty much plateaued.
They have no freedom.
If the eurobeat made in 2008 is still pleasing japanese audience, so let it be that way. As I said, ups and downs - mostly controlled by Avex.

I'm putting my faith in indie and doujin stuff around the world. It has a stronge persuasive power, bringing fans from others medias to here. The downside: mixed, hybrid eurobeat (some stuff literally deviating from the essence)… well, it's still there.

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 06 Sep 2014, 22:46

Thanks for the compliment(?) on my username xD

But, wow, I didn't know that eurobeat status was so critical like this nowadays e.e It's really heartbreaking to know about this...and yeah, nowadays songs just don't have the same quality of the old ones. Just some exceptions (from the songs I heard at least, because like I said, I do enjoy eurobeat, but I'm relatively new to the genre, so I'm not the "knows it all" guy).

But now I understand why it has lost so many space to other genres, or why it's very weakened nowadays. But, I did a quick research, Maharaja dance club is still open, right? Don't they play eurobeat songs anymore?

Well, sad that Avex is fucking eurobeat a little. Is there anything, like, even a drop of hope, that something, someone, or, I don't know, a miracle, can make eurobeat see the light of the day and return to it's glory days again? I know it's kind of a dream now, but, isn't there anything to make at least people get some interest in it again?

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 06 Sep 2014, 23:04

I dare to say Maharaja is THE eurobeat's home in Japan, at the moment. Every week, so many different parties to choose…
No one knows what the future's reserving for eurobeat, just have in mind that Avex will still hold it close the next years. I really fear to lose the italian labels though… well, it's up to us scream aloud and spread this music by any means.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 07 Sep 2014, 01:50

i wonder,did italian producers feel regret because they made eurobeat too exclusive for japan? now,what are they thinking about what Avex done?

conservative mind,something i don't like in japanese...
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 07 Sep 2014, 08:33

well, it's up to us scream aloud and spread this music by any means.
And more important - KEEP BUYING IT. If no one buys eurobeat anymore, Avex will for sure stop producing SEB albums and supporting Italian producers. :\

And yes, Italian producers would love to be able to release more themselves. And a lot of studios got their contracts renewed so they can release their own tracks in the rest of the world. This makes it easier to directly support the studios and people behind it. :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Sep 2014, 09:39

Two of the biggest and best left the scene cuz of AVEX bullshit. Newfield and Dall 'Ora.

AVEX got too greedy , just like Record companies do. When music just becomes something about making money, it will die. :(

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 07 Sep 2014, 18:57

I see...as long that eurobeat is almost dead nowadays, I wouldn't like to see it *really* dead. But, even if the fans keep buying and keep talking about eurobeat, it's just a small fanbase, I don't think it could make any difference aside from making the genre die slowly, instead of just *dying*.

Oh well. :(

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 07 Sep 2014, 19:12

drnrg wrote:AVEX got too greedy , just like Record companies do. When music just becomes something about making money, it will die. :(
I remember when Matsuura has said that "even if Super Eurobeat only sell 1 cd" they would keep with the series. It's not about money, not at all. Avex don't make money from eurobeat, neither the producers. It's just how far one is willing to keep this "passion" going. Of course, if us - listeners - are inclined to throw our money into their hands, it would be a grateful trade, an additional incentive.
Vadio wrote:I see...as long that eurobeat is almost dead nowadays, I wouldn't like to see it *really* dead. But, even if the fans keep buying and keep talking about eurobeat, it's just a small fanbase, I don't think it could make any difference aside from making the genre die slowly, instead of just *dying*.

Oh well. :(
Don't be like that…
We're few but we're devoted, it's a great point. I don't think eurobeat could go mainstream once again, I'm really fine with that anyway. As our colleague has said above, we must to keep on supporting producers/labels by buying their releases and we need to try bring more guys to this wonderful world, that's it!

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 07 Sep 2014, 22:01

Well, I see. As long as we have this passion for eurobeat and support the artists, we can only wait for them to have this same passion. Now I get what you mean (and while typing this, I'm hearing eurobeat...I think it makes even more sense to me). Well, we can only hope for the best! Long live eurobeat :grin:

Also, where did you see this interview with Matsuura? I just got to know who he is. If you remember, can you send the link so I can read it? Because, if the head of Avex said he won't give up on eurobeat, I think it's a good signal :P

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 07 Sep 2014, 22:17

Super Eurobeat 200 video
(it's up on Youtube if you want to see, not translated though)

The guy is an eurobeat freak too hahahaha

Vadio
Euro To B

Post by Vadio » 07 Sep 2014, 23:03

Oooh, thanks. I think I've found it, but it's no use, since I don't know japanese :c

But yeah, he really is an eurobeat freak xD